Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! - Family (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! (40371 Views)

A Thread For 2016 Brides and Grooms To Be / Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. / A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by blueberryp: 3:07pm On Sep 27, 2014
Op sorry about your situation and I pray that God will give you wisdom to handle it. The problem I see in polygamy is the women, if every woman on earth said, I will rather die single than be someones option den polygamy will reduce. Come to think of it, there are so many single guys around willing to settle down, but these leeches who call demselves girls would rather settle to reap whr she didn't sow! angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by stinggy(m): 4:20pm On Sep 27, 2014
Sambarry bro, see poly background makes you emotionally stable and independent so early in life. I would rather train my children this way.
Again, being almost the last,i had (still have) so many people to look up to for inspirations and looking to break their records.
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Shirley07: 10:52pm On Sep 27, 2014
SAMBARRY: you better respect yasef around me and talk to me like a gentleman and not like a tout .thank you. smiley
meanwhile I was never in abakaliki poly or whatever you call it . Having said that you and Shirley need to stop your misdeameanour.you people should behave yourselves like reasonable
adults and if you're married tell her you're married abi ewolode gan
Wetin I do na?
And what does his married situation have to do with me? As long as it doesn't stop the spherical nature of the earth, it ain't my business.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by SAMBARRY: 9:45am On Sep 28, 2014
coogar:

maybe polygamous homes where crazy people are shackled together. i have seen plenty of polygamous homes way better than monogamous ones.
what will you say before. Anyway I don't have much to say other than if your children's welfare and emotional stability is important to you than srx with numerous women then you will raise them in an environment of less acrimony, chaos and everyday curses but if proving your manhood is more important to you go and ask people like fela anikulapo kuti what killed him or hastened his death and tore his family to pieces

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by SAMBARRY: 10:28am On Sep 28, 2014
stinggy: Sambarry bro, see poly background makes you emotionally stable and independent so early in life. I would rather train my children this way.
Again, being almost the last,i had (still have) so many people to look up to for inspirations and looking to break their records.
children breeded in polygamous homes are always very aggressive and defensive because they are used to an environment where they think everyone is up to something mischievous and so they are always at the defensive. The males don't know how to love or respect women, the females don't know how to respect themselves because they don't know.

No normal right thinking person wants that for their children. Personally I haven't seen a product of polygamy who turned out well. The ones that managed to escape sane and sound know what their mother and even themselves went through so they won't move close to polygamy with a 10 inch pole

8 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by SAMBARRY: 10:32am On Sep 28, 2014
Shirley07:
Wetin I do na?
And what does his married situation have to do with me? As long as it doesn't stop the spherical nature of the earth, it ain't my business.
ok please it's ok.coogar has backed off
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by maclatunji: 6:14am On Sep 29, 2014
SAMBARRY: children breeded in polygamous homes are always very aggressive and defensive because they are used to an environment where they think everyone is up to something mischievous and so they are always at the defensive. The males don't know how to love or respect women, the females don't know how to respect themselves because they don't know.

No normal right thinking person wants that for their children. Personally I haven't seen a product of polygamy who turned out well. The ones that managed to escape sane and sound know what their mother and even themselves went through so they won't move close to polygamy with a 10 inch pole

You are guilty of overgeneralisation.

5 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by coogar: 12:45pm On Sep 29, 2014
SAMBARRY: what will you say before. Anyway I don't have much to say other than if your children's welfare and emotional stability is important to you than srx with numerous women then you will raise them in an environment of less acrimony, chaos and everyday curses but if proving your manhood is more important to you go and ask people like fela anikulapo kuti what killed him or hastened his death and tore his family to pieces

what's the outcome of most children from monogamous homes? do they significantly fare better than the children from the polygamous homes? stop arguing against logic. all the top serial killers in america came from monogamous homes.....

sambarry, you need to get laid.

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by ayinba1(f): 11:11pm On Sep 29, 2014
SAMBARRY: children breeded in polygamous homes are always very aggressive and defensive because they are used to an environment where they think everyone is up to something mischievous and so they are always at the defensive. The males don't know how to love or respect women, the females don't know how to respect themselves because they don't know.

Such as Barak Obama?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by tintingz(m): 12:02am On Sep 30, 2014

What a freaking false assumption, you are too hasty to generalize.

I'm raised in a polygamy home, I don't see myself in what you have posted.

Cain and Abel

Esau and Jacob

Please what happened to this brothers raised in a monogamy home.
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by logicboy01: 4:44am On Sep 30, 2014
logicboy01: Top lies used to promote polygamy;

1) It stops cheating
FALSE! If a man can cheat on one wife, what stops him from cheating on 2 or 3 or 4??

2) Allows for more children and also better in case of infertility
FALSE
-a man with four wives will have no children if the man is infertile
-just as a man can marry another wife to get children in polygamy one too can divorce his barren wife and marry a fertile one. Unfair but true
-Sensible societies have 2-3 or 2-4 children on average. Very easy for a fertile woman to have at least 2 children

3) More resources/income if all the wives plus husband earn money
HALF TRUE
There are more mouths to feed, so there is little difference.

4) More people get married if polygamy is allowed in the society
HALF TRUE
More women can potentially be married but it means less women for men to marry.
If every man married 4 wives, there needs to be a ratio of 4-1 in women to men. lipsrsealed

Polygamy has no single advantage over monogamy. Not even one.
Cheaters will cheat!!!
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by sexybash(f): 6:09am On Sep 30, 2014

I can't believe that some people click like to make you feel better
This is what I call stereotypes at it peak
Polygamous children never turn out well?
Your statement left me gobsmacked -smiley

6 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by logicboy01: 6:16am On Sep 30, 2014
sexybash:

Honestly, he was stereotyping. Good children come out of polygamous homes at times.

However, I detest polygamy with a passion. It is barbaric and anti-woman. A man is worth 2 or more women?

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by maclatunji: 8:03am On Sep 30, 2014
sexybash:

In Yoruba we say "O n jabo". Note, I am from a monogamous home.

But Sambarry is still #Jaboing
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by tintingz(m): 10:28am On Sep 30, 2014
logicboy01:

Honestly, he was stereotyping. Good children come out of polygamous homes at times.

However, I detest polygamy with a passion. It is barbaric and anti-woman. A man is worth 2 or more women?

anti-woman you said?

what will you say about women that chose/prefer to be in a polygamy marriage.
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by tintingz(m): 10:44am On Sep 30, 2014
maclatunji:

In Yoruba we say "O n jabo". Note, I am from a monogamous home.

But Sambarry is still #Jaboing
Real jaboing. grin
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by logicboy01: 10:47am On Sep 30, 2014
tintingz: anti-woman you said?

what will you say about women that chose/prefer to be in a polygamy marriage.

Note that freedom comes with a paradox.

Slavery is wrong. Freedom is a human right.
Unfortunately, this means that a free man can use his freedom of choice to voluntarily be a slave.

A woman can chose to be in an abusive relationship.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by tintingz(m): 12:14pm On Sep 30, 2014
logicboy01:

Unfortunately, this means that a free man can use his freedom of choice to voluntarily be a slave.

Since you said it is a "choice".

How is polygamy anti-woman?

You still haven't answer the question...

What will you say to the women that prefer polygamy?

why do we see women marrying an already married man, I'm talking about the second, third, forth wives.

lets use logic as you claim to be.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by logicboy01: 12:17pm On Sep 30, 2014
tintingz: Since you said it is a "choice".

why do we see women marrying an already married man, I'm talking about the second, third, forth wives.

You have shown how you dont understand simple English and reasoning

If a woman chooses to do something "anti-feminine" does it stop being anti-feminine?

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by tintingz(m): 1:17pm On Sep 30, 2014
logicboy01:

You have shown how you dont understand simple English and reasoning

If a woman chooses to do something "anti-feminine" does it stop being anti-feminine?
Lol, please stop going by that moniker. grin

Because you don't like polygamy marriage settings makes it anti-feminine?

There are women marrying multiple husbands, is it also anti-men?

These men chose to be in polyandry marriage setting, it is their choice.

what other people like it is not a must you like it.

because they benefit from it.
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by logicboy01: 1:24pm On Sep 30, 2014
tintingz: Lol, please stop going by that moniker. grin

Because you don't like polygamy marriage settings makes it anti-feminine?

There are women marrying multiple husbands, is it also anti-men?

These men chose to be in polyandry marriage setting, it is there choice.

what other people like it is not a must you like it.

because they benefit from it.

You need to use your brain.

Lessons in logic/reasoning/morality for tingtingz

1) Polygamy is anti-woman because it posits that one man is equal to two or more women. The reverse remains true for polyandry.

2) Choice does not equal morality or right. ISIS had a choice to behead or release american journalists. They chose to behead.

3) ISIS chose to behead journalist. Women can choose to try out patriarchy. Women can choose to be slaves. Choice does not mean morality.

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by ayinba1(f): 1:46pm On Sep 30, 2014
tintingz: Since you said it is a "choice".

Take his name to mean "illogical". Trust me.. you'll find out shortly.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by coogar: 1:49pm On Sep 30, 2014
ayinba1:

never read anything more stüpid in my life. on which planet is polygamy anti-women? the irony is the username like you quickly observed. logicboy? he should be called doofus-boy.
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by logicboy01: 1:54pm On Sep 30, 2014
ayinba1:
coogar:

never read anything more stüpid in my life. on which planet is polygamy anti-women? the irony is the username like you quickly observed. logicboy? he should be called doofus-boy.

Why not ask why I said it is anti-woman

You people just abuse without looking at the logic behind someone's statements.

It is anti-woman because it inherently posits that a man is equal to two or more women.

I wonder, are you guys not the same people that complain about islamic courts making the testimony of one man equal to that of two women?? Yet, you find it okay to put the union in equality (marriage is 50/50 the woman gets half and the man gets half) in polygamy as one man to two women or more?

Jesus christ!! some people and hypocrisy

5 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by coogar: 2:03pm On Sep 30, 2014
logicboy01:
Why not ask why I said it is anti-woman
You people just abuse without looking at the logic behind someone's statements.

that's because you are chatting nonsense....

It is anti-woman because it inherently posits that a man is equal to two or more women.

you are the one that contrived to pull the above out of your rectum. so all the women that willingly spread their legs for 2face & had his babies were forced to do so? didn't they know about the other women in his life?

you must be joking......

I wonder, are you guys not the same people that complain about islamic courts making the testimony of one man equal to that of two women?? Yet, you find it okay to put the union in equality (marriage is 50/50 the woman gets half and the man gets half) in polygamy as one man to two women or more?

life is about choices & that's exactly what feminism has been fighting for. if a woman wants monogamy, it's her choice. if she prefers polygamy, it's her prerogative. she's not forced into it. if it's uncomfortable for her, why marry a man with 3 wives & then turn around and claim to be a victim?

Jesus christ!! some people and hypocrisy

my $5 says you don't know the meaning of the word hypocrisy. you are just letting out hot air. if a woman walks freely into a polygamous setting then it's none of your business.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by logicboy01: 2:15pm On Sep 30, 2014
coogar:

that's because you are chatting nonsense....

you are the one that contrived to pull the above out of your rectum. so all the women that willingly spread their legs for 2face & had his babies were forced to do so? didn't they know about the other women in his life?

you must be joking......

life is about choices & that's exactly what feminism has been fighting for. if a woman wants monogamy, it's her choice. if she prefers polygamy, it's her prerogative. she's not forced into it. if it's uncomfortable for her, why marry a man with 3 wives & then turn around and claim to be a victim?

my $5 says you don't know the meaning of the word hypocrisy. you are just letting out hot air. if a woman walks freely into a polygamous setting then it's none of your business.

You see your foolishness?

No one is arguing that a woman cant choose to be in a polygamous marriage!!

The argument here is that polygamy is a wrong and anti-woman choice. Here is my argument again (please, read before you criticise)

logicboy01:

Feminism is not fighting for polygamy or illogical choices. It is fighting for gender equality and women's rights or freedom. What an individual woman chooses to do with her freedom is her own choice. If she chooses to be in a polygamous marriage in an advanced society, she will face the legal consequences.

Guy, thanks for exposing how you have been the illogical one.

Again- polygamy is a wrong choice. A man is not equal to two or more women. It is not surprising that the societies that allow polygamy are usually backwards and patriarchal socieities.

Take the top ten advanced countries or the top ten woman-friendly countries; none of them allow polygamy. CASE CLOSED! cool

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 30, 2014
logicboy01:

The argument here is that polygamy is a wrong and anti-woman choice. Here is my argument again (please, read before you criticise)

Feminism is not fighting for polygamy or illogical choices. It is fighting for gender equality and women's rights or freedom. What an individual woman chooses to do with her freedom is her own choice. If she chooses to be in a polygamous marriage in an advanced society, she will face the legal consequences.

Again- polygamy is a wrong choice. A man is not equal to two or more women. It is not surprising that the societies that allow polygamy are usually backwards and patriarchal socieities.

Take the top ten advanced countries or the top ten woman-friendly countries; none of them allow polygamy. CASE CLOSED! cool

That is when you are arguing but not coogar.
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by logicboy01: 2:35pm On Sep 30, 2014
papiforreal:

That is when you are arguing but not coogar.

Explain
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by coogar: 2:51pm On Sep 30, 2014
logicboy01:

so what's your argument?

you are a consummate rëtard!
who determines what's right from what's wrong? wrong in whose eyes? even the jewish tradition allowed polygamy until the romans occupied israel.

which legal consequences? aren't there polygamous wives in america? aren't there polygamous wives married to one man in britain? your lack of exposure is your biggest challenge, not polygamy!

you are a rank idïot!
being someone's 2nd wife is equivalent to being a slave? you are a disgrace to formal education. if you pull up another daft analogy in the middle of an intelligent discourse like this again, i will tear you apart.

UAE, kuwait, saudi arabia, etc allow polygamy and are better than any country you can pull out in the west. what has polygamy gotta do with the backwardness of a society?

there are polygamous families in britain!
and the only thing you should close is your stupid mouth that has shytë falling from it. if you cannot grasp the concept of polygamy, you should excuse yourself & scram out of here.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by BABE3: 3:06pm On Sep 30, 2014
coogar:

and the only thing you should close is your stupid mouth that has shytë falling from it. if you cannot grasp the concept of polygamy, you should excuse yourself & scram out of here.

In this day and age where more women are getting comfortable with being "side chics" and baby mamas, I wonder why polygamy is causing this much debate. Aren't those concepts similar to polygamy?

Polygamy is all about choices; a choice for the man to acquire more wives; a choice for the first wife to get a divorce if she's not pleased, and a choice for the other wives to embrace polygamy.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by logicboy01: 3:09pm On Sep 30, 2014
coogar:

so what's your argument?

you are a consummate rëtard!
who determines what's right from what's wrong? wrong in whose eyes? even the jewish tradition allowed polygamy until the romans occupied israel.

which legal consequences? aren't there polygamous wives in america? aren't there polygamous wives married to one man in britain? your lack of exposure is your biggest challenge, not polygamy!

you are a rank idïot!
being someone's 2nd wife is equivalent to being a slave? you are a disgrace to formal education. if you pull up slither daft analogy in the middle of an intelligent discourse like this again, i will tear you apart.

UAE, kuwait, saudi arabia, etc allow polygamy and are better than any country you can pull out in the west. what has polygamy gotta do with the backwardness of a society?

grin grin grin grin

You have finally exposed your ignorance. I will destroy your fallacious statements one by one;

1)Coogar;[/b]who determines what's right from what's wrong? wrong in whose eyes? even the jewish tradition allowed polygamy until the romans occupied israel.

Logic, reasoning and effectiveness determines whether something is right or wrong. Biblical Jewish tradition was barbaric, so no need to reference them

2) [b]Coogar;

Polygamy is not legal in the west nor in America.

Bigamy is the act or condition of a person marrying another person while still being lawfully married to another spouse. It is illegal in the United States. The crime is punishable by a fine, imprisonment, or both, according to the law of the individual state and the circumstances of the offense.[4]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygamy_in_North_America#Legality_of_polygamy_in_North_America

3) Coogar; being someone's 2nd wife is equivalent to being a slave? you are a disgrace to formal education. if you pull up slither daft analogy in the middle of an intelligent discourse like this again, i will tear you apart.

It was an analogy as you rightly noted. Being in a polygamous marriage as a woman doenst make the woman a slave. I was only showing you how someone can choose something bad for themselves (a freeman choosing to be a slave). Furthermore, any woman in a polygamy has a slave-like mentality (not that this is different from being an actual slave). Any woman with dignity would not choose to be shared like a toy at the whims of a man. However, some are forced into such marriage and feel chained in bondage to their situation. (eg poor women who need the financial security).

4) Coogar; UAE, kuwait, saudi arabia, etc allow polygamy and are better than any country you can pull out in the west. what has polygamy gotta do with the backwardness of a society?

Saudi Arabia, UAE and Kuwait are better than western countries? Wow, you are indeed very very very local and ignorant. Please google the human development index and see how advanced countries rank. Saudi doesnt allow women to drive. grin grin

5) coogar; there are polygamous families in britain!

FALSE. Polygamy is illegal in the UK. The law does not recognize such marriage. Try filling "married" in your tax forms as a second wife and see what happens

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by coogar: 3:10pm On Sep 30, 2014
BABE3:
In this day and age where more women are getting comfortable with being "side chics" and baby mamas, I wonder why polygamy is causing this much debate. Aren't those concepts similar to polygamy?

Polygamy is all about choices; a choice for the man to acquire more wives; a choice for the first wife to get a divorce if she's not pleased, and a choice for the other wives to embrace polygamy.

don't mind that troll who cannot tell his left hand from his right. the level of stüpidity some people exude is baffling!

logicboy01:
Logic, reasoning and effectiveness determines whether something is right or wrong. Biblical Jewish tradition was barbaric, so no need to reference them

you are a cretinous vermin!
biblical jewish tradition is barbaric by whose standards? what a sheep!

Bigamy is the act or condition of a person marrying another person while still being lawfully married to another spouse. It is illegal in the United States. The crime is punishable by a fine, imprisonment, or both, according to the law of the individual state and the circumstances of the offense.[4]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygamy_in_North_America#Legality_of_polygamy_in_North_America

you are a rank idïot!
men are living with multiple wives in europe. it's the ceremony that is illegal, not the act. muslims in the UK have more than one wife in their homes & they practise their polygamy openly.

It was an analogy as you rightly noted. Being in a polygamous marriage as a woman doenst make the woman a slave. I was only showing you how someone can choose something bad for themselves (a freeman choosing to be a slave). Furthermore, any woman in a polygamy has a slave-like mentality (not that this is different from being an actual slave). Any woman with dignity would not choose to be shared like a toy at the whims of a man. However, some are forced into such marriage and feel chained in bondage to their situation. (eg poor women who need the financial security).

your propensity to stretch the borders of daftness is unrivalled. i said so - your lack of exposure is your biggest challenge, not polygamy. you have deludedly concluded the only reason any woman would marry an already married man is because of dependency.

the former wife of the london mayor(boris johnson) married an islamic polygamous man.
this was her reason - I realise that I am unlikely to conceive children [at my age] so we agreed that, so long as he chooses a good partner, then I am happy to live together in an extended family

Saudi Arabia, UAE and Kuwait are better than western countries? Wow, you are indeed very very very local and ignorant. Please google the human development index and see how advanced countries rank. Saudi doesnt allow women to drive. grin grin

if they aren't better, why are the western folks there? a chunky percentage of the people doing menial jobs over there are western folks. their health sector & oil sector are ridden with western folks. they are very rich, little or no drug problems & homelessness is almost nonexistent like you will find in many western countries today.

FALSE. Polygamy is illegal in the UK. The law does not recognize such marriage. Try filling "married" in your tax forms as a second wife and see what happens

like i told you, it's the ceremony that is illegal in the UK. any man can marry 22 wives in nigeria & ship all the women to britain & leave with them till the day he dies.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (26) (Reply)

Cheating Doesnt Stop A Man From Loving His Wife / Pregnant Woman Dances For 3 Hours, Gives Birth Afterwards / Whose Church Is The Family Church??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.