Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,458 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! - Family (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! (40421 Views)

A Thread For 2016 Brides and Grooms To Be / Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. / A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by pickabeau1: 11:08pm On Oct 01, 2014
Shirley07:
I imbibe Christ doctrine. Is that too much for you?

Christ's doctrine!
Hahaha....

The same Christ that says he came to fulfill d law
The same law u lot cannot uphold

If u cannot see marriage of a man n woman as an
Archetype of Christ n d church... Then I don't know which one u r following...

coogar:
shirley na feminist? cheesy grin cheesy
come on, she's been disturbing me since last week to get her a blackberry phone. does that one even know what feminism is all about? unless feminism is giving out free puff-puff, she cannot be interested.

Lol...
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by coogar: 11:08pm On Oct 01, 2014
Shirley07:
Wrong.
You forgot what he said before that statement was made 'A man shall cleave to his wife and the two shall become one flesh'- Matt 19:5-6.

oh please, spare me!
the one flesh theory even completely destroys your assertion. this unity in the flesh is not confined to the conjugal union of one husband and one wife, nor is it limited to the bonds of kinship.....

if you are a bible scholar, you would also know that a man who fücks a pröstitute also becomes one flesh with her(1st corinthians 6:16-17). if a career prostitutë can become one flesh with all her 500 customers, how come that grace does not extend to a christian husband & his many wives?

this is logic, shirley - stop arguing against logic.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by dastranger(m): 11:22pm On Oct 01, 2014
Shirley07:
I imbibe Christ doctrine. Is that too much for you?

Anii if God can commend his prophets "Solomon, David, Abraham, etc "despite practising polygamy. who re we today to say it's forbidden. Are we better than them ? many of you these days, your pastors just spew doctrines to you. without you looking at things logically. without you asking yourself where's it in the Bible? many of you just accept without questions. forgive me are you a girl? If you're a girl and you come here to preach doctrines, it is even forbidden in the Bible. Shei you know that?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Shirley07: 11:27pm On Oct 01, 2014
coogar:

oh please, spare me!
the one flesh theory even completely destroys your assertion. this unity in the flesh is not confined to the conjugal union of one husband and one wife, nor is it limited to the bonds of kinship.....

if you are a bible scholar, you would also know that a man who fücks a pröstitute also becomes one flesh with her(1st corinthians 6:16-17). if a career prostitutë can become one flesh with all her 500 customers, how come that grace does not extend to a christian husband & his many wives?

this is logic, shirley - stop arguing against logic.
The 'one flesh' theory was used in the context of marriage by Christ whereas Paul was talking of spiritual bondness with Christ/sin.
What you should know is you do not read bible like a story book...
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Shirley07: 11:36pm On Oct 01, 2014
pickabeau1:

Christ's doctrine!
Hahaha....

The same Christ that says he came to fulfill d law
The same law u lot cannot uphold

If u cannot see marriage of a man n woman as an
Archetype of Christ n d church
... Then I don't know which one u r following...

Lol...

That was the disciples' ideology.
Don't be mistaken, Jesus fulfilled the law by dying for our sin.
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Shirley07: 11:39pm On Oct 01, 2014
dastranger:

Anii if God can commend his prophets "Solomon, David, Abraham, etc "despite practising polygamy. who re we today to say it's forbidden. Are we better than them ? many of you these days, your pastors just spew doctrines to you. without you looking at things logically. without you asking yourself where's it in the Bible? many of you just accept without questions. forgive me are you a girl? If you're a girl and you come here to preach doctrines, it is even forbidden in the Bible. Shei you know that?
Like I said earlier, I imbibe Christ's doctrine, his last message was 'go ye to the world and preach that gospel'.
And let me remind you, David, Solomon, Abraham ain't christians. Gerrrit.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by dastranger(m): 11:40pm On Oct 01, 2014
Shirley07:
Like I said earlier, I imbibe Christ's doctrine, his last message was 'go ye to the world and preach that gospel'.
And let me remind you, David, Solomon, Abraham ain't christians. Gerrrit.

Christ doctrine? Ok. where is the doctrine that forbade polygamy

And where in the Bible was Christianity even chosen as a belief... ?

There are only three verses in the Bible that Christianity was mentioned and it has no connection to Jesus. so who invented Christianity? Jesus? nope ! go do more research my dear
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by pickabeau1: 11:42pm On Oct 01, 2014
Shirley07:
That was the disciples' ideology.
Don't be mistaken, Jesus fulfilled the law by dying for our sin.

Disciples that spent their waking moments with the Christ

Those words r not mine but His

After dying for our sins.. what next....

No more living under authority..?..

No more Caesar?

All is well n dandy in the world.. ..no order...right undecided

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Shirley07: 11:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
dastranger:

Christ doctrine? Ok. where is the doctrine that forbade polygamy

And where in the Bible was Christianity even chosen as a belief... ?

There are only three verses in the Bible that Christianity was mentioned and it has no connection to Jesus. so who invented Christianity? Jesus? nope ! go do more research my dear
Christainity isn't a belief though, it's a nature.
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by dastranger(m): 11:57pm On Oct 01, 2014
Shirley07:

Anii Who invented it?
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by coogar: 12:01am On Oct 02, 2014
Shirley07:
The 'one flesh' theory was used in the context of marriage by Christ whereas Paul was talking of spiritual bondness with Christ/sin.
What you should know is you do not read bible like a story book...

flesh has a wider social meaning found frequently in the old testament. like i said earlier, one flesh is not confined exclusively to only two persons. the 12 children of one mother are one flesh with her, by reason of their unity in generation and in maternal love.

it would follow also that a man becomes one flesh with more than one wife in a society which accepts this form of marriage. if a prolific prostitutê can become one flesh with many men, then why would it be inconceivable that a godly man like david could have been one flesh with all the wives God gave him?
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by pickabeau1: 12:04am On Oct 02, 2014
Shirley07:
It's not a belief...?
Hahaha..

Explain this please...

John 1 12

12 But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to those who believe in His name,

When u have people quoting bible n discarding Paul...see half baked theologians

It is best you stay with your ideology which even see the bible as an instrument of male domination

You guys r flippers
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Shirley07: 12:15am On Oct 02, 2014
pickabeau1:

Disciples that spent their waking moments with the Christ

Those words r not mine but His

After dying for our sins.. what next....

No more living under authority..?..

No more Caesar?

All is well n dandy in the world.. ..no order...right undecided
The same disciples that believed circumcision was part of requirement for salvation?
The same disciples that believed salvation was meant for only the Jews?
They all forgot Jesus last word to them was to preach the gospel to the whole world. He didn't tell them to be formulating one law or the other.
And yeah, Jesus freed us from the law of sin and bondage. We're no more under the law .
Meanwhile, a true christian must be submissive, irrespective of his/her gender because love itself is a submissive act.
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by pickabeau1: 12:19am On Oct 02, 2014
Shirley07:
The same disciples that believed circumcision was part of requirement for salvation?
The same disciples that believed salvation was meant for only the Jews?
They all forgot Jesus last word to them was to preach the gospel to the whole world. He didn't tell them to be formulating one law or the other.
And yeah, Jesus freed us from the law of sin and bondage. We're no more under the law .
Meanwhile, a true christian must be submissive, irrespective of his/her gender because love itself is a submissive act.

Ok...i hear u....

All d best
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Shirley07: 12:21am On Oct 02, 2014
dastranger:

Anii Who invented it?
No one in particular.
The disciples were called that because of their christ-like nature.
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Shirley07: 12:32am On Oct 02, 2014
pickabeau1:
It's not a belief...?
Hahaha..

Explain this please...

John 1 12

12 But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to those who believe in His name,

When u have people quoting bible n discarding Paul...see half baked theologians

It is best you stay with your ideology which even see the bible as an instrument of male domination

You guys r flippers
Believing in his name doesn't make you a christian either.
Read Matt 7:22-23.
For your info, I do not discard Paul's gospel of Christ but I don't abide by his doctrine..
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Shirley07: 12:55am On Oct 02, 2014
coogar:

flesh has a wider social meaning found frequently in the old testament. like i said earlier, one flesh is not confined exclusively to only two persons. the 12 children of one mother are one flesh with her, by reason of their unity in generation and in maternal love.

it would follow also that a man becomes one flesh with more than one wife in a society which accepts this form of marriage. if a prolific prostitutê can become one flesh with many men, then why would it be inconceivable that a godly man like david could have been one flesh with all the wives God gave him?
That scripture says 'he which is joined to an harlot is one body'. I don't see more than 2 people here.
Don't also forget that the prostitute represent sin. You got to study scripture in the context it's used..
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by lastpage: 4:47am On Oct 02, 2014
@Shirley07:

Why folks are trying to educate a ret@rded oaf of a slowpoke like you is still beyond me!

"It" happens to be one of those things that "foam from both sides of the mouth like a rabid dog"
Like someone said earlier," it's very sad your intelligence doesn't stick out like your nipplês do".

But l say your tiny nipples dont even stick out, ...they are just way bigger than your brain! grin grin grin

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by dastranger(m): 5:06am On Oct 02, 2014
Shirley07:
No one in particular.
The disciples were called that because of their christ-like nature.
It was the pagans then that called them Christians. So christianity as a nature/belief or whatever you call it might not have bn accepted by God. As far as I'm concerned, logically what is not invented by God should not be taken up. before you start to dey assume whether I'm a Muslim, Pls don't! I just like to ask questions and reason logically. I'm not one of those guys pastors or whatever can fool with their miracles /voodoo. Even in the Bible, it is written that anything miracles re questionable my dear. And Pls don't tell me that you must have the holy ghost in you before you can understand the Bible.. That talk is a complete farce. If the Bible was for humanity, then why would God want it to be understood by some men alone knowing that humans re corrupt and liars! Or is it mentioned in the Bible that you must have holyghost in your before you can understand Bible ?

Reason and do research on your own dear, follow not the footsteps of what your fathers presented to you when you were young. Do you agree logically that if your parents were Muslim, and you were born a Muslim, you'd have bn defending Islam today
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by pickabeau1: 5:09am On Oct 02, 2014
Shirley07:
Believing in his name doesn't make you a christian either.
Read Matt 7:22-23.
For your info, I do not discard Paul's gospel of Christ but I don't abide by his doctrine..

What makes one a christian please

I don't even know what to say again. When a professing xtian casually throws the tenet of its faith yet says she follows Christ doctrines
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by dastranger(m): 5:11am On Oct 02, 2014
lastpage: @Shirley07:

Why folks are trying to educate a ret@rded oaf of a slowpoke like you is still beyond me!

"It" happens to be one of those things that "foam from both sides of the mouth like a rabid dog"
Like someone said earlier," it's very sad your intelligence doesn't stick out like your nipplês do".

But l say your tiny nipples dont even stick out, ...they are just way bigger than your brain! grin grin grin

Lastpage!

I'm sorry to say, you just overruled your own vows. I tot you sed no insults

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by tyconcepts(f): 8:43am On Oct 02, 2014
There is something about polygamy that takes the peace away....
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by spiralwedge(m): 9:25am On Oct 02, 2014
@op, I paused reading at page 2 cos I've got other things to do.

I just wanted to say u made a mistake by allowing your husband bring in someone else to the house. You shouldn't have listened to your mum. Your husband should have just accepted the responsibility for the baby and provide for the baby.....that's all. She doesn't need to move into your OWN house.

He could have rented a place for the other lady. And if indeed it was a mistake, he would have allowed the other lady to be a single parent so that she could find her own man one day. It's sheer greediness and wickedness to have married a 2nd wife out of mistake.

In view of the above, one could easily deduce that it was not a mistake.... it was planned. The plan could have been from the onset of your marriage or as a result of failings/misunderstanding in your home.

It is possible the man married you in the first place knowing that you would conveniently accommodate his polygamous ambition, having come from one yourself. And that your family would not see a fuss in it.

There is still hope, retrace your steps and strongly advise him to rent an apartment for the other lady away from your home. Try to ensure he doesn't marry her legally.

If I were in your shoes, I would never allow her pack to my own house and would generally take it all in good faith. Learn from Tuface Idibia at least, only Annie is married to him. The other baby mamas are free to marry to other ppl. So free her abeg from DAT imprisonment.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by coogar: 9:36am On Oct 02, 2014
Shirley07:
That scripture says 'he which is joined to an harlot is one body'. I don't see more than 2 people here.
Don't also forget that the prostitute represent sin. You got to study scripture in the context it's used..

so from the pröstitute's angle, how many men has she been in one flesh with?

stop trying to argue against logic.....
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by lastpage: 10:36am On Oct 02, 2014
dastranger:

I'm sorry to say, you just overruled your own vows. I tot you sed no insults

Unfotunately, l was forced to make an "exception"concerning her because she kept on and on with the insults, quoting my post one after another and replying with insults! ..Even when my post was not even directed at her.
Just go over the last three pages and see what l mean.

Aside her, l have maintained decorum with EVERYONE ELSE... and that is me.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by dastranger(m): 11:52am On Oct 02, 2014
tyconcepts: There is something about polygamy that takes the peace away....

There are somethings about polygamy that instills peace if both of the women involved are clean in their minds. Sorry we just have a different perspective to it undecided undecided
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by TV01(m): 11:54am On Oct 02, 2014
lastpage: Aside her, l have maintained decorum with EVERYONE ELSE... and that is me. Lastpage!
But if what you do, is determined by what others do, surely it's not you, it's by them?

TV

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by binbass(m): 2:43pm On Oct 02, 2014
coogar:

do monogamous men sleep with only their wives? same risks apply - the difference between a polygamist & a monogamist is the honesty & the transparency the polygamist man has. the fact that a man is monogamous doesn't mean he's not dipping his sausage elsewhere.

one can't say all monogamous men are honest with their wives as well. the same danger exists in both settings & this is exactly why i said there's nothing wrong with both systems if everyone is honest......the people are the problem, not the system.

if i understand you correctly.....you would choose a monogamous man that cheats over a polygamist that cheats? cheesy grin cheesy

by the same token, there's no guarantee that a monogamous man will keep to his one & only wife. there are more cheating monogamous men than cheating polygamists.

polygamists don't have a double-headed pënis......they are exactly the same as the monogamous men apart from the fact that they are more honest about their urges towards women.

if the society via christianity didn't make polygamy a social stigma, 99% of the men practising monogamy today would all be polygamists. so many of the men you see today are just keeping up with the joneses - if they were born in another part of the world where polygamy is widely accepted, they would be polygamists!
This is the pure truth about MEN.
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Lumpyy(f): 7:26pm On Oct 02, 2014
i hope u guys are happy now dt uv turned d thread to a boring one?d op needed help buh no,dem coogar n co no go let us c road til de win argument angry

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Shirley07: 8:03am On Oct 03, 2014
lastpage: @Shirley07:

But l say your tiny nipples dont even stick out, ...they are just way bigger than your brain!grin grin grin

Lastpage!
It's that your description. No wonder your ranting and long epistles are all epic fail, olodo.
Females are not meant to have big brain anyway. However, we have the highest IQ. That's what makes us tick.
I guess your brain is not only as big as elephant's brain but also with the primitive components. Shior.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Shirley07: 8:29am On Oct 03, 2014
pickabeau1:

What makes one a christian please

I don't even know what to say again. When a professing xtian casually throws the tenet of its faith yet says she follows Christ doctrines

By accepting Christ and forsaking his/er sin. ''Be ye therefore perfect even as your father in heaven is perfect''- Matt 5:48
Potraying a sinless life is exactly what makes one a christian and that's where the holy spirit comes in to lead and teach.
Christ himself said 'Except a man is born of water and the spirit, he can not enter the kingdom of God'- John 3:5.
Don't ask me if I have the holy spirit..
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Shirley07: 8:33am On Oct 03, 2014
coogar:

so from the pröstitute's angle, how many men has she been in one flesh with?

stop trying to argue against logic.....
You can't use logic for the scriptures though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women / How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets? / Cheating Doesnt Stop A Man From Loving His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.