Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,712 members, 7,809,701 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) (55690 Views)

Conrad Mbewe Accuses TB Joshua Of Demonic Predictions & Fake Prophecies / Shocking! Recorded Voice Tape of TB Joshua Bribing Journalists To tell Lies! / Prophet Tb Joshua 2014 Prophecy About APC & PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by adora4u1: 8:32pm On Sep 20, 2014
[b]"Brown envelope" is very common in Nigeria journalism! This can be interpreted as "bribe" or "goodwill" depending on the story, personality involved and organisation involved. Most organisations give "brown envelope" to their Press Corps at the end of every year. That is interpreted as a "thank you" for being committed and dedicated.

I've listened to audio of T.B Joshua and the journalists and I can say the following:

1. The money given was intended from the beginning to make the journalists write if not a favourable report (given the situatiion under discussion) but at least not a damaging one of the collapsed building and of T.B. Joshua.

2. T.B. Joshua cleverly did not come outright to say "don't write about the dead". He asked why the journalists couldn't write about the survivors.

3. The journalists were trying to force T.B. Joshua to make a statement they could use as a headline so as not to focus on the lives lost.

Let's call a spade a spade! That money was given to influence the reports of the journalists! That's BRIBE to me! That was why

1. It was given BEFORE the questions were to be asked and

2. The journalists did not ask him questions about the collapsed building like "Did he have a permit for it, did he use quality materials, was the building well supervised, etc?"

Shame on our so called "Men of God"![/b]

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 20, 2014
This is ridiculous grin

2 Likes

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by jazzyjagz(m): 8:33pm On Sep 20, 2014
striktlymi:

Probably you do not know. Ask anyone who is involved in mainstream journalism in Nigeria and they will tell you that it is 'standard practice' for organisations to offer 'outfield journalists' some form of stipend. It can be in cash or in 'kind'.

This has nothing to do with giving bribe as the journalists are at liberty to report whatever they witnessed on the scene. The stipend is largely given because a lot of these journalists are not members of staff of these media houses. Some work freelance and the pay they get from any job is hardly adequate for them.

As a gesture of good fate, those who request their presence, most often than not offer them something as a form of gratitude. Some journalists will even tell you to your face that they will refuse to come if they are not getting anything. Note that the money given is not meant to influence their opinion on any matter.

If you actually noticed, TB Joshua offered the money upfront without asking them to report what he wants. He went as far as asking them if they have gone to the site and that he does not want to interfere with the investigation.

That does not sound to me like someone who is trying to hide something or bribe anyone.
RIGHT ON POINT MY BROTHER...#TELLTHEM
Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by freshness2020: 8:33pm On Sep 20, 2014
Lord na only ♈όϋ I know !
Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by tijjanioyan: 8:34pm On Sep 20, 2014
ayusco85: All this coup ur plotting against the man of God. There is God oooooo.

Me I no follow o, I don't care wats on the audio.
u dey fear ni?
Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by ElNur1: 8:35pm On Sep 20, 2014
ayusco85: All this coup ur plotting against the man of God. There is God oooooo.

Me I no follow o, I don't care wats on the audio.

muumuuu alert..

dis is d reason why Nigeria won't develop... because they are mentally slaved pple...

evn with audio evidence, pple still nt believing,

if dis is an average Nigerian, I giv up..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by Obinoscopy(m): 8:35pm On Sep 20, 2014
This is not news or strange to me. Journalists are usually given brown envelopes during companies/establishments press conferences. Don't know if it's against their ethics though.

1 Like

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by Suarezilla(m): 8:35pm On Sep 20, 2014
Dahmum: Infact,now I kn dat aftr all dis while øƒ soo many ppl using technology dey just cudnt think øƒ d fact dat things like dis"audio" someone's voice cud b Doctored,if u kn what I mean. Let's have d VidEO please.

,,,,,,,Note: I don't support TB josuha or anybody.RIP to d dead
My dear its not possible to release a video of such meeting to the public..Use ur head nah..this journalist must hv hidden the audio in his pocket ir so..what u shud say is to cross-check for his voice and investigate if there was actually any meeting..Think babe!

2 Likes

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by Seun(m): 8:36pm On Sep 20, 2014
crisycent: No be only doctored, na nursed. The voice is unmistakable and unique.
The gbagauns are one of a kind too.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by sabdaz: 8:36pm On Sep 20, 2014
striktlymi:

Probably you do not know. Ask anyone who is involved in mainstream journalism in Nigeria and they will tell you that it is 'standard practice' for organisations to offer 'outfield journalists' some form of stipend. It can be in cash or in 'kind'.

This has nothing to do with giving bribe as the journalists are at liberty to report whatever they witnessed on the scene. The stipend is largely given because a lot of these journalists are not members of staff of these media houses. Some work freelance and the pay they get from any job is hardly adequate for them.

As a gesture of good fate, those who request their presence, most often than not offer them something as a form of gratitude. Some journalists will even tell you to your face that they will refuse to come if they are not getting anything. Note that the money given is not meant to influence their opinion on any matter.

If you actually noticed, TB Joshua offered the money upfront without asking them to report what he wants. He went as far as asking them if they have gone to the site and that he does not want to interfere with the investigation.

That does not sound to me like someone who is trying to hide something or bribe anyone.

Chei. For you to express your self in English, that means you passed through school. Why was he asking them bout what they will write. Why would he or them 50k each as stipends. Why was he restricting them from asking questions. Why was he not even answering the few questions he's been asked. Nobody would ask for bribe or give bribe in a direct way.

3 Likes

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by nora544: 8:37pm On Sep 20, 2014
adora4u1: [b]"Brown envelope" is very common in Nigeria journalism! This can be interpreted as "bribe" or "goodwill" depending on the story, personality involved and organisation involved. Most organisations give "brown envelope" to their Press Corps at the end of every year. That is interpreted as a "thank you" for being committed and dedicated.

I've listened to audio of T.B Joshua and the journalists and I can say the following:

1. The money given was intended from the beginning to make the journalists write if not a favourable report (given the situatiion under discussion) but at least not a damaging one of the collapsed building and of T.B. Joshua.

2. T.B. Joshua cleverly did not come outright to say "don't write about the dead". He asked why the journalists couldn't write about the survivors.

3. The journalists were trying to force T.B. Joshua to make a statement they could use as a headline so as not to focus on the lives lost.

Let's call a spade a spade! That money was given to influence the reports of the journalists! That's BRIBE to me! That was why

1. It was given BEFORE the questions were to be asked and

2. The journalists did not ask him questions about the collapsed building like "Did he have a permit for it, did he use quality materials, was the building well supervised, etc?"

Shame on our so called "Men of God"![/b]

100000000000000000000000000000 likes you are so right in my country you will go to prission or you have to pay much for this.

10 Likes

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 20, 2014
This why nairaland is experiencing slow progress
Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 20, 2014
Christianity!!! Wow......

I stopped trusting Christians a while ago.
Many of the patterns used in churches are psychology based from hypnosis to cold reading all to one end, profit!! To love God is amazing but not to be rational is deadly.....God gave Christians brains to use, not to become gullible sheep.

P.s most of your pastors are masons so don't be too naive.

4 Likes

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by Toks2008(m): 8:39pm On Sep 20, 2014
I tried listening to the audio but was unable to. Browsing from phone though.
Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by dare2think: 8:40pm On Sep 20, 2014
ElNur1:

muumuuu alert..

dis is d reason why Nigeria won't develop... because they are mentally slaved pple...

evn with audio evidence, pple still nt believing,

if dis is an average Nigerian, I giv up..

This problem is not exclusive to Nigerians alone. (Google pastor Jim Jones of America)

However, I assure you, even if some people see a video of him handing out envelopes don't be surprised if the CIA is accused.

Such is the state of religion.
Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 20, 2014
I didnt hear Temitope telling journalists to lie on that audio. What are you people insinuating ?
Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 20, 2014
audio's not playing but meh......so i'm guessing people are defending him for paying journalists to report sumtin different and not the actual truth? undecided

nigerians: falling serious hand since the big bang
Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by Vikky014(f): 8:42pm On Sep 20, 2014
nora544:

100000000000000 likes

it is time that the people see and hear the truth about what happen in the pentecost churches in nigeria.
dnt u beleiv in penticost?
Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by Dayjhihannon01(m): 8:42pm On Sep 20, 2014
FlirtyKaren:

I'm sure you haven't listened to the audio.
exactly... """""T.B- So what will you write now"""... Journalist- exactly as u have said

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by anitank(f): 8:43pm On Sep 20, 2014
You know what's more shocking? The comments of people here trying to justify what the 'man of God' did and saying it's not bribe

Were you expecting him to say "take this bribe and write something nice about the situation" What was the money offered for?? And someone was saying he shared the money due to the current state of the country's economy shocked shocked shocked ok I'm done

9 Likes

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by Boss13: 8:44pm On Sep 20, 2014
Please can we for once leave out religion and look at the circumstances of the case. People are dead, foreigners not just locals (because I know we don't have regards for human lives here) as a result of negligence and greed. A building was extended without permit, proper cautions were not in place. Whoever was responsible ought to be discussing with law enforcement officers. We keeps attracting shame to this country. Again, churches need to be regulated and their activities reviewed. Our leaders should sit up and do something, why are they so selfish?

8 Likes

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by Vikky014(f): 8:44pm On Sep 20, 2014
my own question is dis.IS TB Joshua truly a prophet?
Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by anitank(f): 8:45pm On Sep 20, 2014
Dayjhihannon01: exactly... """""T.B- So what will you write now"""... Journalist- exactly as u have said
I'm sure the brainwashed fools didn't hear this part.

To think they were all laughing and making merry over a situation that just cost people's lives is beyond me....because of N50,000

8 Likes

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by REDDEVILS1(m): 8:45pm On Sep 20, 2014
lirusehn: Father forgive the OP
Probably a TB Joshua Fanatic. Too blinded to see the truth. TB Joshua is Evil

2 Likes

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by Kash007(m): 8:46pm On Sep 20, 2014
Apparently, if you want to get away with daylight robbery or murder here in Nigeria, first become a pastor. No matter how strong the evidence may be against you-even if you are caught on camera strangulating a pregnant woman- brainwashed, unreasoning fanatics will see nothing wrong for you are a pastor and can do no wrong.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by texazzpete(m): 8:46pm On Sep 20, 2014
Billyonaire: I didnt hear Temitope telling journalists to lie on that audio. What are you people insinuating ?

do you need it explicitly spelled out for you?

And for a second I thought you'd given up defending the indefensible

4 Likes

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by dare2think: 8:48pm On Sep 20, 2014
The audio at 3.48 to 3.50 sums it all up.
Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 20, 2014
striktlymi: That audio did not prove that TB Joshua did anything wrong. All I see is an overzealous journalist who has decided to make a big deal out of the generosity of another.

Striklymi,
I for sure know you to be an introspective and smart lady (I've seen some brilliant post from you). So, I ask, In the face of unfolding event and tragedy of that scale, what is the rational behind the sharing of alms and charity (or generosity) to the poor journalists.

This is not a judgement on your opinion (I respect your right to have one). I really what you to look at it from another perspective and gauge if you still think your assumption is valid

Billyonaire: I didnt hear Temitope telling journalists to lie on that audio. What are you people insinuating ?
texazzpete:
do you need it explicitly spelled out for you?
And for a second I thought you'd given up defending the indefensible
[quote author=texazzpete]

Texazzpete,
How can you bring your conscious-self to the level of Billyonaire. The dolt is beyond redemption (pigs love garbage, remember)

1 Like

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by yerimastyle(m): 8:49pm On Sep 20, 2014
have listened to d tape I don't see y the op concluded it's a bride beware the wrath of God for trying to fraim a man Of God judgement is for God to handle.
Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by MrRoYCe(m): 8:49pm On Sep 20, 2014
To tell you I'm highly disappointed is an UNDERSTATEMENT[b]To tell you I'm highly disappointed is an UNDERSTATEMENT[/b]To tell you I'm highly disappointed is an UNDERSTATEMENT
Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 20, 2014
sabdaz:

Chei. For you to express your self in English, that means you passed through school. Why was he asking them bout what they will write. Why would he or them 50k each as stipends. Why was he restricting them from asking questions. Why was he not even answering the few questions he's been asked. Nobody would ask for bribe or give bribe in a direct way.

1) It is 'standard practice' to go through the script of an interview before it is finally published. It isn't out of the ordinary to want to be on the same page with someone you granted an interview.

2) T.B Joshua did not restrict them from asking questions. If you did listen to the audio tape, you would realize that some of the journalists still went ahead to ask their questions, even when TB Joshua was reluctant to answer.

3) It is not a must to answer questions asked by journalists. Even Obama reserves the right to refuse to answer some questions posed by journalists. This is not new.

PS: The questions you asked only demonstrates that TB Joshua did not bribe them. If he did bribe them, he would have been dictating to them what to write but this never happened.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

TB Joshua Reveals 2016 Prophecies: "Pray For President Buhari" / Inquiry For Justcool And M_nwankwo And Other Adherents Of The Grail Message / Pastor Tokunbo Olorunnimbe Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.