Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. - Fashion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. (137697 Views)

Learn How To Make Ankara And Leather Bags And Be Your Own Boss In Just A Week / Where Can I Get Training On How To Make Ankara Shoes And Bags? / New Trends In Fashion: Ankara And More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by ojelvia(m): 10:44pm On Nov 01, 2015
This is mine

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by tescoleps(f): 9:00pm On Nov 03, 2015
ojelvia:
This is mine
Nice

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by ojelvia(m): 9:18pm On Nov 03, 2015
tescoleps:
Nice
thanks
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Nobody: 8:32am On Nov 04, 2015
Glamourprincezz:
weldone Glamourprincezz, its been a while
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by FirstS2B(f): 5:05pm On Nov 19, 2015
Hi everyone in this thread. I'm happy to be here as a new comer. I found this thread recently.
I read & enjoyed the bag designs.
I'm a bag maker too but I discovered that there are always variations in the way we make our bags. I'll post some of my bags.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by FirstS2B(f): 5:11pm On Nov 19, 2015
I can see that Glamourprincezz seem to be quiet & if she doesn't mind & also to keep this thread alive, I'll like to teach us some other kind of bags which requires sewing.
I will post one or two pics of the bags I want to teach & wait to get our response before I proceed.

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by elsy5(f): 10:30pm On Nov 19, 2015
I luv ur bags FIRST2B
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by FirstS2B(f): 7:32am On Nov 20, 2015
Thanks Elsy5. We are waiting for the response of the house so we can continue.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by ada2604(f): 11:38am On Nov 20, 2015
yeah am interested too
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Mejirace: 1:17pm On Nov 20, 2015
God bless u all for ur wonderful job
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by FirstS2B(f): 3:17pm On Nov 20, 2015
Where are the members of this house?
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Emerald65(f): 6:15pm On Nov 20, 2015
Am so into this, its so inspiring and can't wait to stay making my bags.
First2B pls proceed ooo.
Glamourprincezz , you re a darling and oda co tutors ,God bless u guys mightyly .
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Ladyo142: 7:29pm On Nov 20, 2015
Please am also interested
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by FirstS2B(f): 8:22pm On Nov 21, 2015
Welcome on board, my fellow new followers. We are still waiting for the origial members of this house so we're not seen as hijacking the house. Whoever knows their whereabout should help us call them back.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Ladyo142: 5:27pm On Nov 22, 2015
FirstS2B:
Welcome on board, my fellow new followers. We are still waiting for the origial members of this house so we're not seen as hijacking the house. Whoever knows their whereabout should help us call them back.

please i think u should create a new trend ,cz i dont think the original poster of this trend is coming online anytime soon

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by ebunoluwa07: 5:35pm On Nov 23, 2015
wow...it's been great going through this thread. Everyone here who have posted one thing or the other has made at least a person here an entrepreneur which is a very kind act. I wish to also be trained so I can help others too. I can sew and would be happy if anyone would love to teach me how to go about sewing leather bags on machine especially the sides and zipper flaps.Thanks
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Monikky01(f): 12:02am On Nov 25, 2015
M also interested
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by deiikonac(m): 7:20am On Nov 25, 2015
No excuses we still deliver even in #FuelScarcity http://www.stitchesandinknigeria..com.ng/2015/11/experience-act-of-monogramming.html … #printmaking #Monogramming #xmasgifts

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 29, 2015
Punck4real:
Pls how can I put hole for eye let. Thanks for the great job
. you need a hole puncher.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by noncy21: 1:46pm On Nov 29, 2015
happy sunday house. pls apart from mushin. can i get bag material @ lagos island?, if yes where? tnx.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by GGloriousGlo: 8:12pm On Dec 09, 2015
[img][/img]

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 9:59pm On Dec 17, 2015
Ladyo142:

please i think u should create a new trend ,cz i dont think the original poster of this trend is coming online anytime soon
hey guys, so sorry i left u hanging, was busy wt a training n now am done. FS2 pls feel free to teach, am following as well. wot i love most is learning.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Nobody: 11:44pm On Feb 12, 2016
where is everyone here?
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Kirusky4life(f): 4:47pm On Feb 23, 2016
@firsts2b. we re still waiting. the thread owner has giving her permission for u to teach us. do we stil expect ur lectures?
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by dabimzy(f): 6:33pm On Feb 23, 2016
I'm interested
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Eaugusta(f): 9:49am On Mar 14, 2016
Hi guys, want to say a very big thanks to Glamour, Firsts2be and every other tutor that has taken their time, energy and resources (data) to train pple here.

I bet u can't imagine the magnitude of what you've done.

I just stumble on this trend now and I am really marvel at the kind of selfless service Glamour rendered here and the impact she has made in the lives of the serious minded fellow.

I actually have a basic knowledge on bag making from the one I learnt during my services year and was at the vent of taking it up since no Job yet after 2 yrs before I saw this, I must confess that I am inspired.

Please Glamour and firsts2be come back and make this trend active again, I beg u in God's name. Thanks
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by rosalieene2(f): 2:12pm On May 09, 2016
I love this!!
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by theodara001(f): 11:23am On May 27, 2016
great job ma.. Been a while
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by africouturemag(m): 11:34pm On Jun 16, 2016
AMAZING PROMOTION OFFER now up for 10 fashion designers and fashion accessory makers. Come showcase that beautiful piece of yours on classic models at the AFRICOUTURE PHOTOSHOOT SESSION WITH MODELS and also get a massive online publicity on www.africouturemag.com and all affiliated blogs ....you sure dont wanna miss this....
‪#‎photoshoot‬ ‪#‎lookbook‬ ‪#‎fashion‬ ‪#‎designers‬ ‪#‎stylist‬

Be sociable, kindly share

>> http://www.africouturemag.com/index.php/2016/06/16/africouture-photoshoot-session-with-the-models/

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by logoscope(m): 5:17pm On Jul 31, 2016
I learnt how to make bags and shoe during an entrepreneurship program in school. I'm more interested in the bags. Do I have to use a sewing machine to make the bag more durable? How long will a bag that's made with just gum last?
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by FirstS2B(f): 6:55pm On Jul 31, 2016
Hello everyone.
This is my first free tutorial in this thread.

How To Make A Singlet Bag

Nice evening to you all. I changed my mind & decided to proceed to the next tutorial which is another design of souvenir bag. It's one of the souvenir bags posted at the beginning of this thread. It's called "Singlet Bag".

Enjoy!

This a simple utility bag that can be used personally
or given out as souvenirs at events or company
promotional gift.
I will show us how to make this bag. But you must
be able to sew because it is all sewn up, no gums!
You can use any bag material of your choice like:
* Taffeta
* Satin
* Leather
* Net etc
You can make any size you like.

Materials

* Taffeta(Plain)
* Belt(For handles)
* Scissors
* Matching thread
* Sewing machine

Procedure

* Cut 2 rectangles(13"x15" from your bag material.
13" is the width, 15" is length. These two pieces are
for the front & back of your bag.
* Cut another small rectangle for your bottom piece.
This measurement depends on the size of your bag.
For the size we are making, it will be 9"x4". 9" is
width, 4" is length.

Sewing Your Bag

* Fold your front & back pieces into two lengthwise
& draw lines to shape them into a singlet & cut out.
See pictures below.

* Cut a piece of belt as long as the width of your
front piece and stitch across the width of your front
piece towards the upper part of it. This step is
optional because it is just to decorate the front part
of your bag. Cut another belt piece, shape it into a
bow and sew in the middle of the belt you sewed
across the width of your bag as decoration.

* Fold your belt over the "neck" portion of your
singlet shape & sew to bind this portion first.

* Next, fold your belt over the "arm-hole" portion of
your singlet bag & bind. On reaching the tip (where
it meets with the neck), continue stitching your
folded belt alone to form the slender(spaghetti)
handle of the bag. When the handle is long enough,
attach the folded belt to the second arm-hole side of
the bag. Bind and finish off.

* Repeat this same step(3&4) to bind the back piece
of the bag both at the neck & arm-hole sections.

* Bring the front & back pieces together, right sides
facing & stitch together on the two sides.

* Pin the bottom piece to the body of the bag.

* Sew the bottom piece to the body of the bag.

* Turn right sides out and you're done!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo / Want Hair Growth? Use Weed: ! / Darkening Of The Lips - Causes & Remedies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.