Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,692 members, 7,820,415 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities (37774 Views)

FG Moves To Regulate Fees Charged By Tertiary Institutions / Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Varsities / List Private Universities In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 21, 2014
solomonbrown64:

Strange works jawe

Bless You Sire!...

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by cococandy(f): 2:58pm On Sep 21, 2014
Is he charging based on the quality they offer or because he feels the parents have the money so they should be billed dry?
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by tinuolababy(f): 2:59pm On Sep 21, 2014
He doesn't have a point.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Ololanla: 2:59pm On Sep 21, 2014
May God continue to use you for our generation Sir. You are indeed a blessing to us.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by amokeme(f): 3:01pm On Sep 21, 2014
arabbunkum: I don't blame him. How many of his church members can afford to send their wards to Covenant University?
I can say like 40% of the students attend winners(so a lot of members can actually afford the fees)
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by colombiana: 3:02pm On Sep 21, 2014
Crtitics please just make money, am very sure most of u here would send your kids to his school when the money comes,. Who doesn't want security, uninterupted sessions, away from hopeless cultists please its not cheap its just like seperating ur sheep from goats

5 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by olaeffect(m): 3:02pm On Sep 21, 2014
bigtt76: Come on ....money spent on recharge card is a collective summation of more than 60 million phone users in the country. 1 million naira upwards spent on burial is not a yearly affair and usually is as a result of contribution to the bereaved from various sources.

One million as school fees comes from your pocket alone and not from other contributions sir! Is it easy to save 500k a year in this country? Take a look below

1. You spend money on fuel for your generator - No public power supply
2. You spend money on providing your household with potable drinking water
3. You spend money on filtering/treatment of borehole water
4. You spend money on maintaining the borehole ...yes the salty water affects the piping due to its salty nature
5. You pay your security guard monthly
6. You pay for neighborhood security
7. You fuel your car (black market or normal)
8. You spend money for household needs
9. You pay tithes in church + other church program tinz
10. You pay tax

I could go on and on not easy sir!

And all your list that go's on does not affect the university in question abi?

grin you just assisted in helping the Bishop list some of the reasons for the high cost in private universities. Some of this private universities have not experienced power cut for upward of 2 years.
Also remember that unlike ASU it is not government that pay their lecturers and all other staff. It is not easy or cheap to do anything good in Nigeria.
But it will surprise you that Federal universities maybe more expensive if they are to be self sustaining.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Sopino: 3:04pm On Sep 21, 2014
kennygee: I am a Christian and a born again one at that. There is no where in the bible that the church was a money making venture. Was Oyedepo's education expensive? Most of the men of their generation enjoyed scholarships self. To me, the church should give out, instead of competing with the world. A Church university that cannot be accessed by more than half its congregation has lost it.
.God bless u. Members of these churches contributed to d realising of d universities but could not afford to attending it.

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Gigadot1(m): 3:07pm On Sep 21, 2014
The missionaries brought medical and free education to our people which most of our pastors and elder enjoyed but today our pastors and leaders can not provide the same opportunities they enjoyed instead they are leveraging on such privileges to milk other.

4 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Sopino: 3:09pm On Sep 21, 2014
God bless u. Members of these churches contributed to d realising of d universities but could not afford to attending it.. He shld u d lower class to set examples. After promising heaven on earth dat d sch fees will be less. How many average Nigerians can afford to sch abroad.
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by lacreamieboie(m): 3:10pm On Sep 21, 2014
So CU should start charging 25k per session coz its a xtian uni right? do u av an idea about how much it takes to maintain CU, av u got a clue about staffs' salaries?? u guys should at least think before criticizing nah!

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by watchindelta(m): 3:11pm On Sep 21, 2014
nice business. churches ummmmm grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by igala1(m): 3:14pm On Sep 21, 2014
Schools built by church funds are called missionary schools. Why can't we give back to the society what it gave us. I ask, how much did it cost back then to finish University in Unilorin? I doubt it cost N200,000. If Awo could do it with the few resources given his region,how much more the Church when tithe& offering is constant.
They can make the fee a little higher than Govt Universities with condition that the pupil+parent must be church members. With that the flock would be full without evangelism.

All na vanity!

5 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by cole265(m): 3:17pm On Sep 21, 2014
It is a waste of time to criticise people of this status and stand. They have lost all forms of human kindness and feeling, their conscience is DEAD and their soul lost! ....i will not waste my precious time to criticise them because they feel nothing and are completely oblivious of the real world, and real situation. I will rather ignore their oppressive statements and their wicked inclination of the ordinary man as lazy, stupid, unwise and of low minds. God will catch you all one by one and by God.

5 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by sebali: 3:17pm On Sep 21, 2014
Do i blame d thief called oyedepo......NO.
I blame my poor friends who foolishly give him their tight while shouting " exceeding grace."

What has he ever giving back to the society other than take tights and donations.

As Rule; On the last day if U see Nigeria's famous pastors going right, immediately go left, cos surely left would be d way to heaven

8 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by olaeffect(m): 3:19pm On Sep 21, 2014
Celepope: Many Nigerians just like condemning anything church perhaps it is based on poverty.You guys should cut them some slack.I am not taking side with this man but he is not far from the truth.Most private University even in the US owned by churches are also expensive.A good example is Oral Roberts University.I have not come across where the owners of the religious Universities forced anyone to attend their school.It is by choice.Some will soon start complaining that his members can't attend his school.Funny enough many of them are not complaining so why are you guys bothered?If you think you have the money then your can send your kids there but if not you can sure look else where i.e Adekunle Ajasin University and other.Anyways even the useless state Universities in Nigeria are getting expensive daily without any meaningful infrastructure and wack administration so you guys should ponder on the difference between both.

God bless you.

Billions of our money is getting embezzled every day, we are not saying sh*t. But when it is church money that people gave of their own free will and will continue to give, we all come out with strength and agility to attack.
Please lets go and look at this year's budget for education and let's see if we got value for "our money".

Some of us don't even reason that the wealth of this country belongs to us all, but a myopic few have kidnapped the wealth of all. I rather we talk about what our government is talking about education, it is not by force to attend private university.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by cole265(m): 3:26pm On Sep 21, 2014
lacreamieboie: So CU should start charging 25k per session coz its a xtian uni right? do u av an idea about how much it takes to maintain CU, av u got a clue about staffs' salaries?? u guys should at least think before criticizing nah!

Too much money and display of affluence and wealth is sinful; especially in the face of abject sprawling poverty. What is the use of million dollar university when you can build a moderate affordable one that will not encourage depression and mockery of the poor, especially in a country like Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by rill: 3:26pm On Sep 21, 2014
He prolly thinks everyone is a millionaire

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 21, 2014
yeah mr. Oyedopo i think you got a point though. But fact is you opened the university to make money. Shikenan angry

6 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by olaeffect(m): 3:30pm On Sep 21, 2014
igala1: Schools built by church funds are called missionary schools. Why can't we give back to the society what it gave us. I ask, how much did it cost back then to finish University in Unilorin? I doubt it cost N200,000. If Awo could do it with the few resources given his region,how much more the Church when tithe& offering is constant.
They can make the fee a little higher than Govt Universities with condition that the pupil+parent must be church members. With that the flock would be full without evangelism.

All na vanity!

Simple. The problem is caused by you and I. Those missionary schools also had missionary teachers. After the building of the universities who will pay the lecturers? Do you know the staff strength of that university?

Most off us just have this holier-than-thou attitude. How many less privileged persons have you helped this year? The Bishop claim that they have been giving out scholarship even before they started building schools.

Anyway he has touched more lives positively than you. And to go to a private school is not by force.

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Eeser: 3:30pm On Sep 21, 2014
Hmmm... I thought the missionaries gave us everything free. Education, healthcare, even stomache infrastructure from money accrued via tithe paid by faithfuls in their home countries. Why can't we do the same?
Dear baba, when did the church become a profit making organisation that we will even contemplate comparing it with other private franchise that operate universities? Fimile jare.
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by PERFECT2(m): 3:31pm On Sep 21, 2014
It is well

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by plainmirror(m): 3:32pm On Sep 21, 2014
Total RUBBISH !
He sounds more like a business man than a clergy.
Stupid analysis

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by PERFECT2(m): 3:35pm On Sep 21, 2014
cole265:

Too much money and display of affluence and wealth is sinful; especially in the face of abject sprawling poverty. What is the use of million dollar university when you can build a moderate affordable one that will not encourage depression and mockery of the poor, especially in a country like Nigeria.
I doubt if u'll ever be rich. Say the truth,i'm not the first 2 tell u this,abi?

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by IYANGBALI: 3:35pm On Sep 21, 2014
kennygee: I am a Christian and a born again one at that. There is no where in the bible that the church was a money making venture. Was Oyedepo's education expensive? Most of the men of their generation enjoyed scholarships self. To me, the church should give out, instead of competing with the world. A Church university that cannot be accessed by more than half its congregation has lost it.
the more reason should come and fellowship with us at olumba olumba,there everything na free

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by lacreamieboie(m): 3:36pm On Sep 21, 2014
cole265:

and you will cater for all the running bills Jeez!! I just don't get u!

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 21, 2014
cole265: It is a waste of time to criticise people of this status and stand. They have lost all forms of human kindness and feeling, their conscience is DEAD and their soul lost! ....i will not waste my precious time to criticise them because they feel nothing and are completely oblivious of the real world, and real situation. I will rather ignore their oppressive statements and their wicked inclination of the ordinary man as lazy, stupid, unwise and of low minds. God will catch you all one by one and by God.
May you continue to multiply in wisdom, knowledge and understanding..
The bishop was indirectly telling the poor and larger masses that they are too stupid to tailor their lives to afford a private uni...u cn imagine..he is talking like he is not living in this same Nigeria we all are.
If british missionaries who endured through stigmatization and hatred from Nigerians due to d evil dia government did then in the colonial days, could provide 4 us good, sound, cheap and quality education even to the most rural depths of Nigeria...how much more our churches today..some churches are worth multi-billions of dollars!

4 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by sebali: 3:36pm On Sep 21, 2014
lacreamieboie: So CU should start charging 25k per session coz its a xtian uni right? do u av an idea about how much it takes to maintain CU, av u got a clue about staffs' salaries?? u guys should at least think before criticizing nah!

Christianity is suppose to be a religion of selflessness.
If a church must have a school her students should pay d lowest fee possible at d church's expense, yet get quality service.......But in a case were dis is too xpensive for a church to bear they mustn't open one bt assist already existing ones without making any returns from such assistance.
THE CHURCH IS NOT SUPPOSE TO BE A PROFIT MAKING ORGANIZATION

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 21, 2014
His comment abt d high fee's payment aint justified but his oda comment abt critics,hmmm...its reasonable....His comment on d 2nd issue shows complete maturity and dat's wat a man of God shuld actually do...Instead of chase and try to combat critics,u use d time to think of better tins to get into...I jxt learnt smtin from dat
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by 4C2215131: 3:37pm On Sep 21, 2014
kudoxs: So? Why did u put this on FP? So we can start debating about it until it turns into a religious and ethnic bashing thread just to generate traffic to this site .... Continuuuu.... There is God in everything we do.

Ah! Someone here sees beyond the physical and obvious. Nice marketing strategy from the Mods.
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by gabbrri(m): 3:42pm On Sep 21, 2014
Ludicrous statement from a so called man of God..............
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 21, 2014
Celepope: Many Nigerians just like condemning anything church perhaps it is based on poverty.You guys should cut them some slack.I am not taking side with this man but he is not far from the truth.Most private University even in the US owned by churches are also expensive.A good example is Oral Roberts University.I have not come across where the owners of the religious Universities forced anyone to attend their school.It is by choice.Some will soon start complaining that his members can't attend his school.Funny enough many of them are not complaining so why are you guys bothered?If you think you have the money then your can send your kids there but if not you can sure look else where i.e Adekunle Ajasin University and other.Anyways even the useless state Universities in Nigeria are getting expensive daily without any meaningful infrastructure and wack administration so you guys should ponder on the difference between both.
For ur mind they r not complaining. Even Jonathan says we are not complaining. Na revolution remains!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation / JAMB Announces Date For 2019 Registration / 2015/2016 Nnpc/chevron Scholarship Shortlisted Candidate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.