Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,547 members, 7,955,032 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:58 PM

Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities (38091 Views)

FG Moves To Regulate Fees Charged By Tertiary Institutions / Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Varsities / List Private Universities In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Sovet: 9:07am On Sep 22, 2014
pastorprenur; God help us

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Palacedaughter(f): 9:07am On Sep 22, 2014
kmcutez: I wish his church members will tell him that they cannot afford to pay their tithes as it too expensive. Awon Ole.
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Palacedaughter(f): 9:07am On Sep 22, 2014
kmcutez: I wish his church members will tell him that they cannot afford to pay their tithes as it too expensive. Awon Ole.
The church and the school are different entities. Tithes aren't used to run schools. You pay your tithe into the church. Plus you do that because you want to. If anybody doesn't want to pay tithe into a church because he feels that the pastor is succeeding in his personal business, he should not. Members are never forced to pay tithes my dear (except that is the case in Winners chapel sha o. I don't really know about how their church service is run).
And please I really need to say one more thing. A university establishment is a business. It isn't affiliated with a church. Just because a man is a pastor doesn't mean he cannot own a business. Cut this man some slack and go to the public tertiary institutions. I went to one anyway; mediocrity at its finest!

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by erico2k2(m): 10:25am On Sep 22, 2014
QuiverBox:

Living in a free world ? Hmmm , u really sound like someone that has worked out his ass to be in England, as u claim , and think a simple discussion like has to make you to shout out and emphasized about you current location. Dude Grow up. Empty Gongs makes the Loudest Noise about their Location.

This is simple, you claim not to be ignorant and know so much , but yet in another Man's Country, when another Man is creating Oppoutunity to for Quality Enducation in Nigeria.

Why are u Bitter about a man's Business. You always make. Refrence to Non Profit Organization, what stops you from seting up one to build a University in Nigeria to run it for free, since you know so much.

Free World, I guess everything is free in England. SMH.

From your Posts on Nairaland , is very obvious you are a Hustler in a England as you claim, selling everyting Sellable.

So Definately you won't Understand what it Means to Build a University and Promote quality Education.
You dont seem to get the Gist do you?, talking about making noise, U r so damn disconnected from reality to the tune of it being a crime.I live between the UK and Nigeria PHC,my wife and family are all in Port harcourt, so to talk about me not knowing what is going on in Nigeria is being insane, I am in Port Harcourt every other four months due to the Nature of work and Biz I do plus I understand waht it takes to do Biz in 9ja as have Businesses in Port harcourt that Employs and pay at least 25 people,I have been since 1999 when you probably still in secondary school.Fine I agree with you on this one since you said I should leave him and his Business great, we are at same Level** Business right*?And Im glad you saw that I sell everything smellable and you also know I DO NOT SELL SHOES AND GIVE OUT BBM PIN for relationship COntact on here, that's what I seem to do these this days, at least its legit.Hustler ahah, Im Delta frm warri we are Born Hustlers lol why would I leave Nigeria 1999 at that age if it wearnt 4 hustle?thats the diff between me n my mates and I aint 40 yet.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by asamaigho(m): 10:48am On Sep 22, 2014
QuiverBox:

7 out of the 10 items you stated has to do with the Failure of the Government.

If you read what he said the key word is "priority"

Sending your ward to a Private University is all about choice.

how daft can someone be...
u mean a civil servant whose salaey is less dan 100k should send his kids to such expensive and u expect him not to be corrupt?.....
what is dis dumb priority u are talking about..d church should set a better example.
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Toks2008(m): 10:59am On Sep 22, 2014
asuustrike1: .
what do you want him to do because other christian schools charge similar rate but for him to say an average Nigeria spend N1m on burial is not a yardstick for such an outrageous fee

He has succeeded in making no sense t all.

Business men calling themselves men of GOD. what do you expect from an acclaimed man of GOD who owns jets.

Doro trash.
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by QuiverBox(f): 10:59am On Sep 22, 2014
asamaigho:

u mean a civil servant whose salaey is less dan 100k should send his kids to such expensive and u expect him not to be corrupt?.....
what is dis dumb priority u are talking about..d church should set a better example.

Is it by force for someone earning 100k to send his child to Private University? The problem with people like you is you feel Every University is for Everyone, Cut your Coat according to your Cloth.

I wonder why people like you will be complaining about what private University are paying as fees when people paying the Fees are not.

If Covenant University did not exist won't people still go to University?

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by temmytanny(m): 11:22am On Sep 22, 2014
Am surprised at Oyedepo excuse.How come most church owned UNIs in US and CANADA dont charge much?WHo is fooling who?
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by sunnyprof: 11:26am On Sep 22, 2014
[b][/b][/color][color=#006600]
One million as school fees comes from your pocket alone and not from other contributions sir! Is it easy to save 500k a year in this country? Take a look below

1. You spend money on fuel for your generator - No public power supply
2. You spend money on providing your household with potable drinking water
3. You spend money on filtering/treatment of borehole water
4. You spend money on maintaining the borehole ...yes the salty water affects the piping due to its salty nature
5. You pay your security guard monthly
6. You pay for neighborhood security
7. You fuel your car (black market or normal)
8. You spend money for household needs
9. You pay tithes in church + other church program tinz
10. You pay tax

I could go on and on not easy sir!

WELL, WHOEVER WRTE THE ABOVE SHOULD ALSO KNOW THE PRIVATE UNIVERSITY ALSO PAY ALMOST ALL THIS COST IN ADDITION TO SALARIES AND FACILITIES, ALL WITHING THE SCHOOL FEES PARENTS PAY FOR THEIR WARDS TOO ...... SO HOW MUCH SHOULD THE TUITION FEE BE?[quote]

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by sunnyprof: 11:27am On Sep 22, 2014
[b][/b][/color][color=#006600]
One million as school fees comes from your pocket alone and not from other contributions sir! Is it easy to save 500k a year in this country? Take a look below

1. You spend money on fuel for your generator - No public power supply
2. You spend money on providing your household with potable drinking water
3. You spend money on filtering/treatment of borehole water
4. You spend money on maintaining the borehole ...yes the salty water affects the piping due to its salty nature
5. You pay your security guard monthly
6. You pay for neighborhood security
7. You fuel your car (black market or normal)
8. You spend money for household needs
9. You pay tithes in church + other church program tinz
10. You pay tax

I could go on and on not easy sir!

WELL, WHOEVER WRTE THE ABOVE SHOULD ALSO KNOW THE PRIVATE UNIVERSITY ALSO PAY ALMOST ALL THIS COST IN ADDITION TO SALARIES AND FACILITIES, ALL WITHING THE SCHOOL FEES PARENTS PAY FOR THEIR WARDS TOO ...... SO HOW MUCH SHOULD THE TUITION FEE BE?[quote
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 22, 2014
Palacedaughter:
The church and the school are different entities. Tithes aren't used to run schools. You pay your tithe into the church. Plus you do that because you want to. If anybody doesn't want to pay tithe into a church because he feels that the pastor is succeeding in his personal business, he should not. Members are never forced to pay tithes my dear (except that is the case in Winners chapel sha o. I don't really know about how their church service is run).
And please I really need to say one more thing. A university establishment is a business. It isn't affiliated with a church. Just because a man is a pastor doesn't mean he cannot own a business. Cut this man some slack and go to the public tertiary institutions. I went to one anyway; mediocrity at its finest!

It seems that you do not understand there is no demarcation between the Church and personal business in Nigeria. Church money in Nigeria does not belong to the Church but to the pastors, hence the emphasis on prosperity gospel, offerings, paying tithes etc. These pastors were the ones Jesus referred to when he said "You have made my father's house a den of thieves". Oyedepo is one of those that have really excelled into making his church a robber's den.

By the way no need calling yourself mediocre for attending a public tertiary institution. We all know they are nothing to write home about.
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by gbolsng(m): 11:54am On Sep 22, 2014
QuiverBox:

Is it by force for someone earning 100k to send his child to Private University? The problem with people like you is you feel Every University is for Everyone, Cut your Coat according to your Cloth.

I wonder why people like you will be complaining about what private University are paying as fees when people paying the Fees are not.

If Covenant University did not exist won't people still go to University?

Nicely said

Its a matter of choice
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by phew09(f): 12:07pm On Sep 22, 2014
kmcutez:

It seems that you do not understand there is no demarcation between the Church and personal business in Nigeria. Church money in Nigeria does not belong to the Church but to the pastors, hence the emphasis on prosperity gospel, offerings, paying tithes etc. These pastors were the ones Jesus referred to when he said "You have made my father's house a den of thieves". Oyedepo is one of those that have really excelled into making his church a robber's den.

By the way no need calling yourself mediocre for attending a public tertiary institution. We all know they are nothing to write home about.

how did you know all this? have you ever caught Oyedepo stealing from the church? have you worked with him before? were you at any time his accomplice?
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by phew09(f): 12:09pm On Sep 22, 2014
asamaigho:

havent you heard of the saying "cut your coat according your material"

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by phew09(f): 12:12pm On Sep 22, 2014
PerfectlyPerfect: i'm just waiting for the day any graduate from a private university will try to compare themselves with us from public school.

lol, whats so special about public schools, i attended one btw and theres nothing worth bragging for there
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by phew09(f): 12:17pm On Sep 22, 2014
bigtt76: My stand here is clear
1. Bishop should not make it look as if everyone has the money to attend a private university but choose not to and rather spend on frivolities.

2. All church and private Universities and unaffordable to the poor should be made affordable. Some students cannot afford 150k as school fees. Such students should be identified and assisted.

3. People should realize that the poor who make up the majority remains a risk to the rich few if not adequately taken care of. Boko Haram members are not kids born with silver spoon ...they were recruited out of poverty.

shouldnt you be addressing the federal government?
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 22, 2014
phew09:

how did you know all this? have you ever caught Oyedepo stealing from the church? have you worked with him before? were you at any time his accomplice?

Ask the UK authorities.
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by manikal: 12:20pm On Sep 22, 2014
"That's My Papa...Exceeding Grace Sir!...."

^^
Its quite shameful when Christians forget who they worship and exalt mere mortals

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by erico2k2(m): 12:40pm On Sep 22, 2014
asamaigho:

Exactly my point as well, the church should be seen as role model not used as a mechanism to extract monies from already Economically hardened people.Some churches do good to elevate the plights of others but not enough
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Attorney1Lawz: 12:52pm On Sep 22, 2014
phew09:

Please help me ask these guys oh , iF oYEDEPO IS NOW FG and State government in one piece. His primary mandate is not to provide free education now.
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by GowonAbacha: 12:52pm On Sep 22, 2014
amokeme: I can say like 40% of the students attend winners(so a lot of members can actually afford the fees)
Hey amokeme.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Attorney1Lawz: 12:55pm On Sep 22, 2014
erico2k2:
Exactly my point as well, the church should be seen as role model not used as a mechanism to extract monies from already Economically hardened people.Some churches do good to elevate the plights of others but not enough

Civil servants and those who cant afford it should make do with other private or public Universities. Is COVENANT UNIVERSITY a must for every one.
Never seen where people who cant afford a service insist that services should be made free. Covenant University should be no exemption.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Attorney1Lawz: 12:57pm On Sep 22, 2014
phew09:

havent you heard of the saying "cut your coat according your material"

Thanks bro, even if tution fees comes down to =N=10,000 - there are still people that wont admit thier inability to pay cos . So what then can we classify as affordable.
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by phew09(f): 1:02pm On Sep 22, 2014
kmcutez:

Ask the UK authorities.

lol you werent even there??
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by bigtt76(f): 1:41pm On Sep 22, 2014
Sure! Done that already through the 40 Laptop men on this forum grin

phew09:

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by beey2(m): 1:55pm On Sep 22, 2014
kmcutez:

Kindly read what you typed to see how wrong you are by contradicting yourself. First, you are simply interested in tongue lashing men of God. Secondly, "Priority" and Governmental Failure are our major undoings in Nigeria. Thirdly, all private school owners should always give kudos to Babangida's regime because that was when we lost the standard in our education and give way to continuous establishment of private schools to naturally fill the lapses. Also remember that in those days public schools set the standards for others to follow, you must be a public school dropout before the thought of other alternative (private school) comes to your mind our school days. I also attended public schools all through but not really impressed. Let us begin to hold our politicians and elective officers accountable for the abject neglect and decay in our education sector and not men of God. Let us go back to REALITY. My thought.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by MilitaryMinded(m): 2:27pm On Sep 22, 2014
This man is nothing but a thief...............what does he mean by the 'average Nigerian'?........what does he know and understand about the 'average' Nigerian From a man who owns TWO private jets.....Mtcheww.....stupid swindler kawai.........anyway, its not his fault, its those zombie brainless fools that follow him blindly I blame
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Palacedaughter(f): 3:23pm On Sep 22, 2014
kmcutez:

By the way no need calling yourself mediocre for attending a public tertiary institution. We all know the are nothing to write home about.
Hey kmcutez, there is a demarcation. If you say church money belongs to pastors, I may partly agree because the full time pastors are being paid. In short sef, the church offerings and co are used to run anything that concerns the church. How else would people expect them to be utilized? Burnt and given to God as a burnt offering?

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Palacedaughter(f): 3:26pm On Sep 22, 2014
erico2k2:
Money, not monies.
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 22, 2014
[quote author=Palacedaughter][/quote] you think ƬђΞ members are too gullible ƬђΞ paying °ƒ tithe is simply a directive from God layed out in his word. If yu so choose not to, ƬђΞ church will not beg you to.
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 22, 2014
Attorney1Lawz:

Civil servants and those who cant afford it should make do with other private or public Universities. Is COVENANT UNIVERSITY a must for every one.
Never seen where people who cant afford a service insist that services should be made free. Covenant University should be no exemption.
Actually nobody is demanding that it should be made free. What people want is a reduction in fee which I think is outrageous as education is expensive in this age. I totally agree wit you as per people going Fø̲̣̣я̅ whatever they can afford. It's as simple as that really.
Re: Oyedepo Defends Fees Charged By Private Universities by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 22, 2014
Palacedaughter:
Hey kmcutez, there is a demarcation. If you say church money belongs to pastors, I may partly agree because the full time pastors are being paid. In short sef, the church offerings and co are used to run anything that concerns the church. How else would people expect them to be utilized? Burnt and given to God as a burnt offering?

Nope, the church money is not being used in running the church. It is being used in buying private jets, setting up private universities for personal enrichment, building mansions for the pastors, buying the latest rides, paying the sisters in the lord for sex and so forth. The pastors take the little the poor have and add to their riches. Most Nigerian pastors are sociopaths and psychopaths.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ondo School Prints Names Of Indebted Students In Magazine (Photo) / Benue Poly Students Suffer Flood From Early Morning Downpour (photos) / Uniport Final Year Pharmacy Students Graduate In Grand Style!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.