Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? (2515 Views)

Ever Been In This Situation I Find Myself? Pleaa Advice Me :-- / My Dilemma-can I Find Love Again? / How Can I Find A Decent Girlfriend/Wife in the US? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by bossanmayor(m): 8:38pm On Sep 21, 2014
Why do I find nothing in my life interesting?
I used to love sports, reading, video games, music, pretty much
everything! And now... I have no interest, I have quit almost all my
sports, I can't even concentrate on reading, video games now bore me
most of the time, and I really have no interest in much of anything.
Music is the only thing that's really stuck with me. But I also feel as if
there is a hole in my life, something I'm missing. Is it people? I don't
have many super close friends, but I get along with people well
enough. Is it love? I know that may sound kind of stupid but there you
have it. I'm slightly awkward socially. I know my family does and all,
but that's because we are, well, family. I just need some advice on
what it may be that I'm missing out on or how to rebuild my interest.
And this is my second year of feeling this way (I'm 19). A psychiatrist
once told me I'm depressed, and to be honest I feel that way a lot.
How do I change this? What should I be doing differently? I know this
is a question that requires probably more information about myself,
but I feel like I need some kind of assistance.

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 21, 2014
@OP
i think that psychiatrist you were seeing will know best......
Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by Neldrizzy(m): 8:46pm On Sep 21, 2014
bossanmayor: Why do I find nothing in my life interesting?
you getting matured and more responsibilities are piling,occupying ur thought.. Dats wah i guessed.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by Taleeysun(f): 8:49pm On Sep 21, 2014
MRbrownJAY: @OP
i think that psychiatrist you were seeing will know best......

lol
Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by ammyluv2002(f): 8:51pm On Sep 21, 2014
Slowly depression sets in....you have to fight back, don't let the devil to win! Try as much as possible to be in the presence of God, He can help you find your life meaningful. Try and hang out with 'good' friends, those that have your interest at heart and genuinely wish you well.
I guess, at your age is not strange to experience such but if you are not very careful this phase can destory your life and thatz why you really need to fight back and don't give up.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by GowonAbacha: 8:55pm On Sep 21, 2014
ammyluv2002: Slowly depression is setting in....you have to fight back, don't let the devil to win! Try as much as possible to be in the presence of God, He can help you find your life meaningful. Try and hang out with 'good' friends, those that have your interest at heart and genuinely wish you well.
I guess, at your age is not strange to experience such but if you are not very careful this phase can destory your life and thatz why you really need to fight back and don't give up.
There's a section called religion section..this section is solely for séx and romance so pls kindly commot.
Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by Chukkasy(m): 8:56pm On Sep 21, 2014
if all these things you listed don't interest you, then you're doomed.......... my advice is that you drink poison or locate the nearest transformer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by ammyluv2002(f): 8:56pm On Sep 21, 2014
GowonAbacha:
There's a section called religion section..this section is solely for séx and romance so pls kindly commot.
Go jor grin
Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by tuwayz(m): 8:57pm On Sep 21, 2014
Same thing is happening to me and I don't know what to do too, for me I actually know that am depressed but I can't help mysef
Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by GowonAbacha: 9:00pm On Sep 21, 2014
ammyluv2002: Go jor grin
Ur in a section like this and ur talking about christ when this place is flooded with threads about sëx and the likes. May God forgive you. grin
Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 21, 2014
Young man, you are a genius in the making, and you are on the primary stage in your journey to greatness. though you may feel alone but you are not lonely. Always concentrate and listen to the voice of your mind, but try to make out time to unwind and have fun, even if it doesn't interest you.
let me tell you the truth, those things that don't interest you don't really matter, they are just distractions but our society has programmed our mind to see them as priorities.
Just focus on your studies for now, and try as much as you can to be positive . . . . . . . . . .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 21, 2014
bossanmayor: Why do I find nothing in my life interesting?
are you a ManU fan?? grin if so... Look no further

Ok now serious ;May be there's a girl involved or some one you miss, or something you did... Truth is this people that have commented above me with me inclusive can't solve your problem... It only you that knows what is actually doing you #mytwoshillings
Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by herald9: 9:07pm On Sep 21, 2014
Op... It's definitely depression … Being depressed can make you feel helpless.
You're not alone...it happens to most of us , but there's a lot you can do on your
own to fight back. Changing your behavior --
your physical activity, lifestyle, and even your
way of thinking -- are all natural depression
treatments.
These tips can help you feel better -- starting
right now.

1. Get in a routine.

2. Set goals.

3. Exercise .

4. Eat healthy.

5. Get enough sleep.

And try to be social... Depression crawls in when you exempt yourself from your friends....

Try walking around and taking in your environment...
Avoid music that inspire suicide....

I recommend Owl City for you.....

Just remember It's not only you...there are thousands of us that feels thesame...
with God's help you shall make it through.... smiley

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by iceberylin(m): 9:07pm On Sep 21, 2014
Stop smoking Weed angry grin
Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 21, 2014
ammyluv2002: Go jor grin
Dnt mind him joor
Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by Charles4075(m): 9:08pm On Sep 21, 2014
Op, choose any of these.

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by Emessy(m): 9:13pm On Sep 21, 2014
OP don't worry when you lose all those things in your life , you will cry for them ,
# My advice to you is the best way to living a complete dull life is by craving for something you don't have and the best way to have a great life is by counting your blessings and using what God has given you to your advantage
Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by hungryboy(m): 9:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
I feel that way too bro,from making money, having a new girlfriend, my team winning a tough match, getting myself a new phone, this were things that made me happy once, ever since i came to the realisation that i could sleep one day and fail to wake up the next day, that death doesn't give a damn whether u are a teenager, that one day i'll no longer be able to make some silly comments here cos am no more, life was no fun to me no longer, in life happiness is temporary, sadness is permanent

2 Likes

Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 21, 2014
Charles4075: Op, choose any of these.
Lol!
Like seriously?
Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by chidekings(m): 9:51pm On Sep 21, 2014
hungryboy: I feel that way too bro,from making money, having a new girlfriend, my team winning a tough match, getting myself a new phone, this were things that made me happy once, ever since i came to the realisation that i could sleep one day and fail to wake up the next day, that death doesn't give a damn whether u are a teenager, that one day i'll no longer be able to make some silly comments here cos am no more, life was no fun to me no longer, in life happiness is temporary, sadness is permanent

never knew,such can come out from u
Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by bossanmayor(m): 9:53pm On Sep 21, 2014
tanks guys I really ,tink I should reason positive n get to enjoy ma self.
Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 21, 2014
bossanmayor: I know this
you are simply suffering from loneliness and/or abandonment .... These are all symptons of solitariness !!
I think you have a poor/not-fair background ?
Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 21, 2014
@OP we are all der I am fighting samething now but I think I am seriously loosing the battle I hv been depressed since like 10yrs ago fuuny thing most ppl neva knew now its showing I hate everything. I guess they say " I don't wanna die, buy I aint keen on living either"
Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by Uchwilliam(m): 10:05pm On Sep 21, 2014
I have dis feeling also op..i guess am lackin love nd some fufilment
Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by valdes00(m): 10:21pm On Sep 21, 2014
What is depression?
Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 21, 2014
nnnn

2 Likes

Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by AfricanApple(f): 11:26pm On Sep 21, 2014
Chukkasy: if all these things you listed don't interest you, then you're doomed.......... my advice is that you drink poison or locate the nearest transformer
Haba, dat was cruel. d boy is in dire need of good advice, see what u wrote
Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by Pdizzle(m): 11:44pm On Sep 21, 2014
tuwayz: Same thing is happening to me and I don't know what to do too, for me I actually know that am depressed but I can't help mysef

Come out of your shell brother, talk to someone who will take interest and assist you in getting help, i see so many others on this thread claiming to be depressed, please get help. Depression leads to suicide, tho it can easily be treated but the biggest problem is the patient admitting they are depressed and coming out for help. And for the brother saying we can sleep someday and not wake up, we are all living to die, make most of the time here, loosing a loved one is really bad, yall should talk to a relative.
Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by Charles4075(m): 11:50pm On Sep 21, 2014
Blebleswag:
Lol!
Like seriously?
. Since the op say he nor get anything interesting to do na again
Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:10am On Sep 22, 2014
Chukkasy: if all these things you listed don't interest you, then you're doomed.......... my advice is that you drink poison or locate the nearest transformer
grin grin
Re: Why Do I Find Nothing In My Life Interesting? by Nobody: 12:22am On Sep 22, 2014
i think you can try some weed. Wonder what iluvweed would say about this.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Possible Reasons Why You Have Remained Mugu To Women!!! / Silly Questions Ladies Ask That Can Lead To Further Argument. / How To Make A Long Distance Relationship Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.