Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,641 members, 7,851,147 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:09 PM

Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady - Culture (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady (474024 Views)

Why Are You Proud To Be Nigerian? / Igbo Kwenu! Kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady / Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (579) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ZuluNation(m): 12:13am On Sep 21, 2006
Abeg oh!!, Trust CNN to make my small remark the highlight of their day. And people ask why the ratings at CNN has dropped so much
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ghettochyk(f): 3:24am On Sep 21, 2006
I notice there are alot of Imo and Abia people around here which makes it ridiculously difficult for an Anambra born and bred like me to understand what you're trying to type.

OMG!!! I GUESS I THOT THE OPPOSITE AS YOU! LOL. I THOT ALMOST EVERYONE HERE WAS FROM ANAMBRA EXCEPT ME SO IT'S HARD TO UNDASTAND DI IGBO LOL.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Uche2nna(m): 3:26am On Sep 21, 2006
ghettochyk:

OMG!!! I GUESS I THOT THE OPPOSITE AS YOU! LOL. I THOT ALMOST EVERYONE HERE WAS FROM ANAMBRA EXCEPT ME SO IT'S HARD TO UNDASTAND DI IGBO LOL.
Na wa O!Some are pointing to Imo and Abia while some are pointing to Anambra!Where are we from then?Calabar?
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 4:02am On Sep 21, 2006
No, you're from Enugu state, Nsukka to be precise.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ghettochyk(f): 4:09am On Sep 21, 2006
no he aint, he says he's from and i quote "anambala".
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 4:16am On Sep 21, 2006
I know but I'm just trying to explain why his Igbo is so difficult to understand. Nsukka/Ogwu people in Enugu state speak something not really close from the Igbo you hear everyday but it's all Igbo.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ghettochyk(f): 4:18am On Sep 21, 2006
oh, i see, lol. are you from imo or abia?
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Uche2nna(m): 4:18am On Sep 21, 2006
ghettochyk:

no he aint, he says he's from and i quote "anambala".
Yeah i am from Anambra state and I must confess my writing skills in Igbo arent that good.But that is just 4 me.Others are good like toshman,Ugwumba,edygirl 2fine.I can read thiers pretty well.Sometimes I can not even read wat I have written down.I guess that means anytime I post in igbo you better ignore it grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Uche2nna(m): 4:19am On Sep 21, 2006
Donzman:

I know but I'm just trying to explain why his Igbo is so difficult to understand. Nsukka/Ogwu people in Enugu state speak something not really close from the Igbo you hear everyday but it's all Igbo.
Hey Donzman angry angry angry Anyway na you get ur mouth grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ghettochyk(f): 4:23am On Sep 21, 2006
lol.

HEY!!! WHY DIDN'T YOU INCLUDE ME IN THE GOOD IGBO WRITERS?!!!! angryYOU OUGHTA BE PROUD OF WHAT I[i] CAN[/i] WRITE!!!!!! cheesy
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 4:26am On Sep 21, 2006
ghettochyk:

oh, i see, lol. are you from imo or abia?

From the great Anambra state or Anambara, can't spell properly right now.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ghettochyk(f): 4:32am On Sep 21, 2006
i undastand igbo but i know some anambra people dat i bearly undastand their igbo. i gotta lissen real close. i'ont know how other people sound but i unda most Imo people but within Imo people, there's still different dialects i can't undastand. like the one i learned when i went to 9ja was the village one and ma cousin's speak the city one so they bearly undastand the village one. u shud hear the village one, it make EVERYTING sound funny!! lol.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Uche2nna(m): 4:35am On Sep 21, 2006
I prefer the Owerri/Mbaise/Ngwa dialect of Igbo.Very funny grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 4:41am On Sep 21, 2006
Don't make fun of the language. angry cry
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ghettochyk(f): 4:43am On Sep 21, 2006
WHAT?!!! you think it's FUNNY?!!! how? i think it sounds normal. i heard a joke from ma cuzin bout her anambra friend's accent. i thot anambra was funny! lol. well God is good!! now we can all entertain each other!! lol! cheesy

PS: IF YOU THINK IMO IGBO IS FUNNY, I'LL SEND YOU A RECORDING OF AWO IGBO, A TOEN IN IMO STATE. LOL. YOU'LL DWL AFTA U HEAR IT! wink
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 4:45am On Sep 21, 2006
Aren't Owerri people those that go "Duuru ala" when they want to say "sit down"?
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Uche2nna(m): 4:49am On Sep 21, 2006
Donzman:

Aren't Owerri people those that go "Duuru ala" when they want to say "sit down"?
Exactly!Thier dialect is very funny.
Hey I think I need that recording ghettochyk.Always makes my day wheneva I listen to a guy called uche ogbuagu entertain in the dialect grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ghettochyk(f): 4:49am On Sep 21, 2006
@dozman
no where'd you get that from? sit dung is "noguo odu or noguo ala" but i'm not too sure because i don't speak owerri igbo. compared to village igbo and other "smaller" areas in imo state, owerri igbo is more like our standard igbo. like country english in america and regular english: the country people are mroe comfortable speaking country but can also speak rehular english wehn neccessary

ps: duuru ala means "lie down" not "sit down" wink
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by edygirl(f): 4:51am On Sep 21, 2006
Donzman:

Donzman, marakwa na-esi m Enugu. Nkanu to be precise so onye ozo suo ihe abughi central igbo anarue m ulo. grin grin grin grin. Asuba m Nkanu ozugbo ozugbo.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 4:53am On Sep 21, 2006
@edygirl

Ndo, I'm very sorry.

Asuba m nkanu ozugbo ozugbo.

What does that mean?

@Ghettochyk

Please send me the recording you have. Thanks!
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by edygirl(f): 4:55am On Sep 21, 2006
@Donzman,
Nsogbu adighi my broda.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ghettochyk(f): 4:57am On Sep 21, 2006
@uche
i swear only imo state igbo sounds "normal" in my ear. OMG!! is it just me?!!!! i'm freaking out !!!!!!!! i used to laff at my mom's anambra's friend's igbo! lol. she says "fa" and not "ha" and says "ife" and not "ihe". lol.

@donzman
u want one too huh? lol
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by edygirl(f): 4:58am On Sep 21, 2006
Donzman:

What does that mean?

It means I will start speaking it immediately (that which you said Enugu people speak) because I can write it really good. grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 5:01am On Sep 21, 2006
she says "fa" and not "ha" and says "ife" and not "ihe". lol.

I used to speak like that when I was younger, I lived in Onitsha then. Fa, Ife, Oburo mu, Amarom, e.t.c. "I don't know" in my village goes like "Amaghokwom"

Ghettochyk, yeah send it to my e-mail or something. Thanks in advance.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Uche2nna(m): 5:09am On Sep 21, 2006
edygirl:

Donzman, marakwa na-esi m Enugu. Nkanu to be precise so onye ozo suo ihe abughi central igbo anarue m ulo. grin grin grin grin. Asuba m Nkanu ozugbo ozugbo.
@edy girl.Abeg,I take God beg do not even think about it or we will leave this thread 4 u grin grin grin grin
The ife and and fa is an attempt to modernize the language in order for it to be more mainstream.You need a lot of consonants to make words pronouncable to even a non native!
@ghettochk wey the recording nnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwww grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ghettochyk(f): 5:12am On Sep 21, 2006
lol. i'd send y'all one as soon as i find one wink

if you want some real laffs, go to my village, you'd wonder if these people are even speaking igbo. lol. i'm starting to think it sounds like yoruba people attempting to speak igbo. lol. dang! i wonder why it's completely different from owerri/central igbo, it's right in imo
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Uche2nna(m): 5:17am On Sep 21, 2006
And where is ya village?
Funny I am listening to Oriental brothers a very famous band and apart from the beat wat I like is the lingo in whichn they deliver thei lyrics.So So funny!
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ghettochyk(f): 5:18am On Sep 21, 2006
"ebe ahu" or "nga ahu" would be "ngwo"

"ebe a" or "nga a" cud be "nga a" or "anyii"

"gini" would be "ngeree"

"gaa laba" (go to bed) would be[b] "gee lakpuru"[/b]

"isi gini" (what did you say?) would be "ishi ngere" and so on.

everyting dat's "si" as in "isi", "nsi", wud be "ishi", "nshi", "shi" (to say), etc.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by edygirl(f): 5:20am On Sep 21, 2006
Uche2nna:

@edy girl.Abeg,I take God beg do not even think about it or we will leave this thread for you grin grin grin grin
Nna uchenna idi very funny. Okwa giwa siri mmadu kitikpa racha ya anya. Gosh!! ochi egbue m here.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by edygirl(f): 5:22am On Sep 21, 2006
"Go lie down"  Nkanu ga- asi gi "je jinaru ani"
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ghettochyk(f): 5:22am On Sep 21, 2006
@uche
where are the oriental brothers from? i've heard of a photogrpahy company in my village wit da same name
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ghettochyk(f): 5:24am On Sep 21, 2006
@edygirl

ga doruo ala (go lie down) would be "gee doruo ali"

ga=gee
ala=ali

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (579) (Reply)

Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary / Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.