Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,514 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady - Culture (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady (472028 Views)

Why Are You Proud To Be Nigerian? / Igbo Kwenu! Kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady / Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (579) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ghettochyk(f): 3:05am On Oct 01, 2006
ka chi fo nu!!! i was supposed to be cleaning mi room but came here and got stuck!! lol. anyway, echi wu uka!!! make sure you go ooo!!!! Chineke will no if you dont!!!
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Ugwumba(m): 3:07am On Oct 01, 2006
Umunnem, lapkuo nu n'udo. Chetakwa nwanne unu nwoke n'ekpere - 'No woman, i cry'. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 10:32pm On Oct 01, 2006
Random question, what do you guys think about "Biafra"?, A dream to be pursued or one to be forgotte?, Keep in mind, some fellow Igbos lost their lives over this and it isn't something you should just frown over and berate those who have fought for Biafra.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by izoneb(f): 11:08pm On Oct 01, 2006
Na 4 London Canada u wan fight Biafra course?Patriotic Bro!
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 11:12pm On Oct 01, 2006
I no talk say I wan fight for Biafra, na question I just ask. I just dey here for school, I have no interest in staying.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Ugwumba(m): 11:22pm On Oct 01, 2006
the concept of 'Biafra' should first start from the people of the SE ensuring good governance from their leaders in present day nigeria. there will be no difference in our lives if charlatans like Eselu (Chris Uba), Emeka Offor and the corrupt leaders we harbour, continue to run amok, while we (home+diaspora) stand by.

We clean our nest, and then nationhood would become irrelevant.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 01, 2006
The reason I asked this question is because when I look at the way European countries are set up, they don't have hundreds of ethnic groups trying to make it work in one big country the way we do in Nigeria. The French have France,, the English have England, the Serbians have Serbia and so on.

I'm not really interested in Biafra to say the least and I believe Ojukwu conned people by having them exchange their Naira ( or was it pound sterling back then?) for Biafran pounds which wasn't recognised by any half-assed country. This led to a lot of wealthy people losing their wealth and the guy hasn't been made to face justice for that up until today.

ENOUGH RANTING, IGBO KWENU!
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Uche2nna(m): 11:38pm On Oct 01, 2006
Well that is your own opinion!But I am curious about how you came to that conclusion undecided undecided
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 11:42pm On Oct 01, 2006
How I came to what conclusion?, That Ojukwu conned us? What happened to people's funds and why did he make them change them to Biafran pounds when he knew quite well that the currency was not legal?
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Uche2nna(m): 11:50pm On Oct 01, 2006
Huh?
I do not have the intention to hold brief for the man! I also have some misgivings about the manner in which the war was fought and NOT ON Y IT WAS FOUGHT!
Coming to your aspersions,if you are involved in seccession and you declare your territory a republic the most obvious move is to cut all physical ties to the ountry you are seceding from and that includes change of anthem,flags,borders and even currency.That is a general move;It was not peculiar to the Biafran/Nigerian situation!
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 02, 2006
Why would you change currency knowing that you aren't likely to win the war?, Infact, we were fortunate (or unfortunate for others) that the war lasted 3 years because it was meant to be a grand victory for "Nigeria". You don't make people give up their money when you know quite well you're not likely to win this war. They give up their money , the war is lost ( or let me say we both came to peace) and they never get their money back. It's sort of unpatriotic for me to think this way but there is something very dubious about that action.

Now in 2003, he wanted to run for the president of "Nigeria", the country he hated so much and wanted to secede from? This guy is either a sophiscated 'con man' or just has no passion for the cause people lost their liver over.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Uche2nna(m): 1:28am On Oct 02, 2006
Hey I hope you are not implying you are soothsayer!
Nobody can predict the outcome of any war;that is why it is called a war in the first place! If he was pretty sure that he will lose the war then he would not have even started it in the first place.It is easier for us to stand here now and speculate what might or might have not been cos we have the luxury of hindsight.But I tell you in war situations there are a lot of decisions that you will have to take on the spot.It is just one of those many risks that war situations present.America is in Iraq but the the whole process is not going on as they planned.Does that make George Bush a con man.Israel just pulled out of Lebanon yesterday without crushing the Hizzbollah as their prime minister promised.To make matters worse they have not even gotten back the Isreali soldiers kidnapped by Hizzbollah.
All these is to tell you that there is no guarantee in a war situation.Changing currencies was the most logical thing to do at that time.It was a risk just like the entire war itself and everybody knew the consequences if it backfired.Well it backfired and we payed for it.No qualms.But wat if he had won the war-------
As for vying for the presidency I believe he was not stripped of his franchise to vote and to be voted for.And you are wrong in saying that he hated Nigeria he only hated the situation the Igbos were subjected.That was y they went to Aburi to discuss peace.If the Aburi accord was honored then not only that there would have been no war but all these blatant inequality in division of resources that we are witnessing now would have not arisen.Most of the contents of the Aburi accord is inadvertently creeping back into the nigeria polity championed by the resource control yearnings of the south south.The whole theme is all about confederation without a very strong central executive.That was what Ojukwu clamoured for in Aburi.
I just wish you read documentations of events that happened before,during and after the war.I believe that is only when you can be able to come to more educated opinion.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 3:18am On Oct 02, 2006
@Uche2nna

Let's be real here, some wars are easily predictable. You can sit there and claim that Israel did not defeat Hezbollah but any straight faced individual will tell you that Hezbollah received a lot of pounding and if not for the UN, who knows! Events pre-1967 indicated the Igbos just didn't have the military strength and international support to fight the war which made the outcome very predictable. Come on, we didn't have an organised army and our only allies were France, Israel and probably Taiwan who themselves were trying to save their ass from mainland China.

I don't see how any of those situations that the Igbos were in back in the day have changed because the Aburi accord is just a document on paper but the guy has no problem running for president now.

I still want to know why he didn't ensure there was a way those that transformed their money to Biafran dollars got what they gave up back. I'm just guessing he played on people's ignorance which is seriously low. Why give a people a currency that isn't backed up by gold or something else seeing how you were going into an "unpredictable"(as you claim) situation?, Currencies have to be backed up, if not it's just as good as pen on paper. Did Ojukwu do this? Did he insure the people concerning what will happen if the war was lost?
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Uche2nna(m): 3:41am On Oct 02, 2006
If you had to take into consideration all these then the world would have been a more peaceful place devoid of wars.You just said that the Igbos do not have enuff military strenght and yet you are talking about backing up the currency with gold.The little money that there was will be obviously used in trying to acquire weapons,food,logistics.The only economics relevant then shd be that of winning the war not that of the stock exchange.
The Aburi accord was just a document just like all the other accords,laws treaties,constitution.What makes a document powerful is not the paper on it was written but rather the relvance and honor accorded to it by both parties.The Magna Carter is written on paper not on Gold yet it is the most powerful document in America.
Anyway like I said b4 we have the luxury of hindsight and we can be able to take our time,sit in our bedrooms cross our legs and scrutinize actions that were taken on the spur!
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Uche2nna(m): 3:48am On Oct 02, 2006
And bdw the Israelites did not win the war altho I believe that it has not ended.The peace they have now is just that of the graveyard.Israel knows that they did not achieve thier aim of hastily runnung into Lebanon.The kidnapped soldiers are yet to be released by Hizbollah.Israel underestimated Hizbollah and they paid for it.There was casualties on both sides.The Isrealites living in the south had to run to the north to take refuge, sth that is very rare.Right now they are regretting in making a civilian thier prime minister!
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by 2fine4u(f): 6:27am On Oct 02, 2006
Igbo kwenu ooooooooo grin i been busy wit sch work, i hav paper due 2moro and am prolly not sleepin tonite until am done typin it. neways yall, that's why am scarce around here but tosh sends his greetings, he's busy too grin
ugwumba, nwoke oma take heart oh cheesy dont worry u will find another girl undecided grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 02, 2006
Uche2nna, I understand where you're coming and you may be right but either ways, Ojukwu didn't do things right.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Uche2nna(m): 9:51pm On Oct 02, 2006
Yeah a lot of things were not done right by a lot of people,not only Ojukwu.Remenber he did not fight the war alone.He fought it with SOME PEOPLE and against SOME PEOPLE!
Anyways,how u dey sef,b4 i forget! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Ugwumba(m): 9:52pm On Oct 02, 2006
2fine4u:

Igbo kwenu ooooooooo grin i been busy wit sch work, i hav paper due 2moro and am prolly not sleepin tonight until am done typin it. neways yall, that's why am scarce around here but tosh sends his greetings, he's busy too grin
ugwumba, nwoke oma take heart oh cheesy don't worry u will find another girl undecided grin

adanma, good luck with your paper.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by superman(m): 11:17pm On Oct 02, 2006
funi how this world self de. just because i no carry 2fine4u under my custody now she don begining they make headline! sei this world ooooo u de scare me . well make they look after u that s wat matters now!

make una no call me devil now.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by freshB2: 11:30pm On Oct 02, 2006
i really love here.
expecially the quotes and all that are written in mi Igbo language. i love it greatly.
love yu guys as well.
go ahead coz they make mi proud to see y God never made a mistake in His creations.

The Truth is that God's creation and all the world would be incomplete without NDI IGBO. (This isnt being racist PLZ)
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ZuluNation(m): 10:45pm On Oct 03, 2006
I've been gone for a while now, it's good to see this thread still going, keep up the good work my people
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Ugwumba(m): 10:50pm On Oct 03, 2006
@ Zulu, ya bros' missed you oh!!!! nno.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by freshB2: 11:35pm On Oct 03, 2006
donzman an co, please what sin did Ojukwu commit?
what better ideas would you hav executed if you were in his shoes? "let he who hasnt seen war never say let war come, i will fight".

Do not blame the heroes of our land. to prov yourselves right and prov Ojukwu an others wrong, stand aside and be the nigerian guest (atleast you hav seen the killins, discriminations amongst others) to save (not biafra) but your igbo brothers.

our heroes did all they were able to do in the midst of sabos, greedies, oyibos name them.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 12:15am On Oct 04, 2006
Ojukwu could have secured people's money which they converted to Biafran pounds in the name of loyalty. It's common practice to back up currencies with something valuable like gold or even another currency. It is a security measure which wasn't imposed effectively most probably because he knew people were ignorant and played on this. That's just one of the many errors this guy committed but I'm not here to criticize Ojukwu, he's a man and is prone to mistake as such.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 12:38am On Oct 04, 2006
Bia Donzman o bu onye Igbo?
onye kpo nkita bia Churchi?

Hapu nu Ojukwu aka,nnukwu mmadu k'obu
agadaga nwoke.
Onye eji eme onu.
Otu nwoke a an asi unu a biala?
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 12:41am On Oct 04, 2006
unu ga achupu si anyi na thread a ma unu continue with Igbo politics here.
Donzman biko go back to where you came from lol.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 1:20am On Oct 04, 2006
Onye kpo nkita bia churhi?, I nweghi ihi ozo I ga kpom? Kitikpa gbagbuo gi, rie nsi! Mu wa, nkita? *shakes head*

I still love you though.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by edygirl(f): 1:23am On Oct 04, 2006
When you have finished cursing her. grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 1:26am On Oct 04, 2006
O ihe anyi na emeru onwe anyi di ka umunne, Obughi otu di babyosi? grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by freshB2: 10:44am On Oct 04, 2006
hi guys p[ls don't go too deep into the 'edemede asusu Igbo' because i i can only fluently speak but not in theory.
babyosi was rite. i was spurred to defend Ojukwu because you guys sound offensive. the ojukwu of a guy tried under pressure. i have seen the nigeria an all they do. these prov their wickedness.

infact, lets talk about happy things. i don't like bein moody.
please can someon tell mi the latest sweet gist about the Igbo 'ndi Chineke goziri a gozi' (please don't mind the cut and nail Igbo spellin, it may not be rite).
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by michy(f): 10:58am On Oct 04, 2006
chukwu goziri anyi nke ukwu

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (579) (Reply)

Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary / Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.