Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs (56083 Views)

Fraudsters Apprehended At First Bank In Aba While Trying To Scam A Woman- Photos / Nigeria’s Cashew Export Hits N49.7bn / Made-in-Aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by fairheven: 12:54pm On Sep 22, 2014
iwonbaoko:
Why must it come to this ? Abia and Anambra doing well is good news but they are not the only ones different parts of the country have their own advantages whether it be water in Cross River Akwa Ibom Rivers and Ondo, Palm Oil in Edo Cattle from the Nort etc there are opportunities ALL OVER Nigeria. As of today the truth is that Abia and Anambra are still very much behind Non oil states like Ogun Oyo,Kano,Kaduna,Edo,Osun ,Benue and Osun in terms of GDP. As a matter of fact in the SE Imo state is way ahead of Anambra state and Abia in terms of economic output and is quite capable of competing with Lagos so I don't agree that Abia or Anambra are in any way bigger economies than those states listed above
I font totally agree that anambra an Abia are behind,..remember when CBN was implementing their "cashless society programme",those two states were among the pioneer states only after lagos,based on what the then CBN governors described as "States with the highest volume of daily cash transaction" in the country,so how do you reconcile that? cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Godsate: 12:55pm On Sep 22, 2014
I'm currently using this type of shoe and it's very good.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by youngice(m): 12:55pm On Sep 22, 2014
FrankC3:

You are right on point. Also, check those 'TM' and 'Giant' brands in your wardrobe. Are they really from foreign TM or local TM? Majority of the shoes people buy because they are Italian, those 'exotic' suites, those 'original Italian leather belt' and those specially branded 'exotic' shirts are actually as 'exotic as Aba is. I am not guessing, if you doubt me, take a trip to Aba and see how much the guy that print 'Mark and Spencer' or 'Giant' or 'TM Lewi*' labels make each day. You will be blown away as I was.

Some may argue this but fact is that same applies to most food items we consume in this country. Your 'mama Gold' rice is actually produced and bagged somewhere in Jigawa or Abakaliki, your Italian marble is cast somewhere around Ikeja and many other such products.

The more important question is what forces Nigerian SMEs to have to change the brand on the goods they produce to the name of a foreign brand so that they can penetrate the market. The answer to this will reveal the sickness, mental corruption and hypocrisy on the middle and upper class.
Tell them
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by IAMBREEZY: 12:56pm On Sep 22, 2014
WTF is Aba?
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by MadCow1: 12:58pm On Sep 22, 2014
I have always been of the opinion that quality would naturally attract patronage..

If the product is good, you don't need government policies to attract consumers as they would always buy the best value for their monies most especially if the price is right.

I wish them well and will wait for them to hit international standards before purchasing.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 22, 2014
More pictures to feed your eyes on....

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by kel4soft: 12:59pm On Sep 22, 2014
fairheven:
Their shoes an jeans are better than China by far cool

Who is talking about China?

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by abagoro(m): 1:01pm On Sep 22, 2014
Konquest:

@ Abagworo

Infact Abia or even Aba do not even feature in the 3rd position inthis is an Info on the
GDP of States in Nigeria ===>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_GDP

http://www.howwemadeitinafrica.com/consumer-potential-three-nigerian-city-clusters-to-compete-with-lagos/41840/

My source is not wikipedia and its not about GDP but money in circulation compared with population.

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 22, 2014
So now can they still be classified as fake??
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 22, 2014
Give us good roads,steady electricity,precision machines(some seams are better made with precision machines),and good leather materials and we can beat any international standards

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by chronique(m): 1:03pm On Sep 22, 2014
I'd love to buy made in Nigeria shoes if the brand name is original. If you sell me a sebago and it is made in Nigeria,I won't buy it. I have bought a Nigerian made snickers called "soul" and I wear it with confidence. Bottomline is that,it has to be made in Nigerian and the brand has to be original,not imitation.

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by kel4soft: 1:04pm On Sep 22, 2014
Rivers State Deputy Governor on his etibor, Engr. Tele Ikru. Do you think, this was made abroad?

These are locally made and I wont be surprised if the Tailor is from Aba. But, I think those guys in Bonny Street, Old Township, PH are also good

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 22, 2014
MadCow1: I have always been of the opinion that quality would naturally attract patronage..

If the product is good, you don't need government policies to attract consumers as they would always buy the best value for their monies most especially if the price is right.

I wish them well and will wait for them to hit international standards before purchasing.
when the enabling environment is created,be rest assured that your expectations will be exceeded...it has not dawned on Nigeria yet that there is a need for. Trade zones and industrial parks to be sited in aba and onitsha

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 22, 2014
United States of Aba grin
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by abagoro(m): 1:07pm On Sep 22, 2014
kel4soft: Rivers State Deputy Governor on his etibor. Do you think, this was made abroad?

OMG! Perfect sew there.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by mansmith(m): 1:08pm On Sep 22, 2014
blue lies .When the shoe makers are leaving the business for obvious reasons like poor power supply, no road to get to the market etc etc.
A beg stop all these nonsense
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by eminex(m): 1:08pm On Sep 22, 2014
well done boys
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by slap1(m): 1:08pm On Sep 22, 2014
There are Aba-made (customized) shoes that sell for as high as 4 or 5k. I had one made for me in 2010. I haven't repaired it for once and it's still very good. Since then, two other foreign shoes I've bought have spoiled.

6 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Yommiefish(m): 1:09pm On Sep 22, 2014
Good for Nigeria!
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by kel4soft: 1:09pm On Sep 22, 2014
abagoro:

OMG! Perfect sew there.

To be fair to him, he promoted etibor in Rivers State that we started calling the brand 'Ikuru'.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 22, 2014
Ohamadike42: You are saying its exaggeration, do you know how that the manufacturers of this shoes are in thousands? If you wanna know just go to bakassi at Aba to verify Mazi Sam's claim. For we Aba boys this is not news because we know about it for ages and the shoes they produce are of standard quality and design.
You are the man, as a fellow Nwa Aba, if Aba is harnessed properly it will rival any China in its production, I p that we get a good governor not like the Ishi Mbe Ahamefule Orji. I love Aba with passion, this is a city I can give my all to even when a from Afam in Obigbo.

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by lawrenceunaa: 1:09pm On Sep 22, 2014
aryzgreat: The day I respect ABA was when an ABA tailor sew suit for me, people were asking me where I bought d Italian suit from. Trust me I have to enjoy d euphoria and swag by hyping the suit. Only me , d tailor and God know d ' Italian suit was ABA made.

I wish Abia will vote in a visionary leader to harness d potentials in that state.
i knw say u enjoyed the hype
The only problem with aba is bad governance cry
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by stechi(m): 1:10pm On Sep 22, 2014
we can supply these type of female sandals at any quantity you need directly from our Aba office.
Contact us on: 09022668551

4 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by fairheven: 1:10pm On Sep 22, 2014
MadCow1: I have always been of the opinion that quality would naturally attract patronage..

No sir,quality is not a "destination", but quality is "a process". cool
we cant wait untill everything aligns perfectly,its one step at a time,just tink of the fact that Japanese products used to be regarded as inferior,later they became a standard for quality,then, later the Taiwanese,then the Chinese..today u know how far...china is the factory of the word.who know maybe aba is next in line? cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by popson1st: 1:14pm On Sep 22, 2014
Good one. Been a very long time I read about thread that makes me proud to be a Nigerian. Looking for more of this..

Infact, Shekau must hear about this..

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by musicwriter(m): 1:16pm On Sep 22, 2014
This's exactly what I've been clamouring for ages.

This was only made possible because the Aba guys have learnt the science of shoe making.

Africa cannot develop until we advance technologically and is able to manufacture things for and by ourselves. Details on the below site.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by fairheven: 1:19pm On Sep 22, 2014
kel4soft:

Who is talking about China?
We not talkin of China but u must have bought China products at one point or the other,so wt are we talking about?
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Litmus: 1:19pm On Sep 22, 2014
Such an uplifting news...may they never stop growing, truly. Some of the best leather in the world comes from Northern Nigeria, people don't realize. The world famous Morocco leather was sourced from the North of Nigeria. If the company - The Aba shoe industry project - sourced leather locally and designed their own shoes who knows, maybe Nigeria will be renowned one day as where some of the best shoes in the world are made.

4 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 22, 2014
This is nice smiley

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by pickabeau1: 1:22pm On Sep 22, 2014
one million shoes daily... hmmmm
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Odisco2(m): 1:22pm On Sep 22, 2014
ABA product: we need to call them our own

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

i Will Give 3 Nairalanders My Life Changing Import Guide For Free. Ends In Hrs!! / Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In' / Coronavirus: Aliko Dangote Donates 600-Bed Isolation Centre To Kano (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.