Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,609 members, 7,820,167 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs (56106 Views)

Fraudsters Apprehended At First Bank In Aba While Trying To Scam A Woman- Photos / Nigeria’s Cashew Export Hits N49.7bn / Made-in-Aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Abagworo(m): 8:49am On Sep 22, 2014
kel4soft: I have a special tailor that makes my clothes for me at Aba. Those guys are genius. I can make close to 15 clothes at once there ranging from shirts to my etibo. But, for now I don't patronise their shoes and jeans cos they are still way below standard, that may change soonest if this topic is anything to go by.

If you buy shoes below 10k, there is 50/50 chance you just bought Aba. Original Italian shoes range from 30k upwards.

9 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by yorubakid1: 8:54am On Sep 22, 2014
I keep saying it that igbos are the brain box of this nation.proud of my Igbo brothers cool cool

25 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by agabusta: 8:55am On Sep 22, 2014
Donmarrius: I have been longing for this.

Truth is that,its only Abia and Anambra,that can give Lagos a run for her money.

The administrations in Anambra starting from Obi to Obiano,are actually getting it right,but more needs to be done.

While in Abia,i was thinking Orji Uzor was either suffering from greed and hence,kept the state fund to himself or he is lucifer that took over the governance of Abia state,so as to imporvrish the people therein,untill i was able to understand that,T.A Orji,is the combination of the two,summarily tagged the "greedy luficer".

Run your own race with focus. leave Lagos. Shuo! Why una beaf and envy for Lagos plenty like this

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Mckennedy: 8:59am On Sep 22, 2014
So Impressing.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by rigarmortis: 9:00am On Sep 22, 2014
egift: Nice. Aba is grossly untapped. I had hoped the State Government would have done far more by now:
- Provide electricity
- Build the roads
- Provide Water
- Increase security
- Expand Housing development
- Provide capital to new and existing businesses to help the boost production.
- Build multipurpose factories where certain regular operations requiring heavy machines can be done.
- Setup Recycling plant within the state, etc.

its Jonas fault right?

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by egift(m): 9:04am On Sep 22, 2014
rigarmortis:

its Jonas fault right?

Blindness grin

egift: Nice. Aba is grossly untapped. I had hoped the State Government would have done far more by now:
- Provide electricity
- Build the roads
- Provide Water
- Increase security
- Expand Housing development
- Provide capital to new and existing businesses to help the boost production.
- Build multipurpose factories where certain regular operations requiring heavy machines can be done.
- Setup Recycling plant within the state, etc.

4 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Ohamadike42: 9:11am On Sep 22, 2014
Abagworo: What I've always said is that all Aba needs is good roads and "beautification" to prosper. Aba is actually the 2nd richest city in Nigeria after Port Harcourt before Lagos which comes 3rd and that is without functional Government presence.

The 1st private power plant has long been completed in Aba and the usual Igbo politics of businessman vs intellect is keeping it under lock. Igbos are busy looking for a fault in Okorocha while Emeka Offor is holding down geometric power limited. For the records geometric power was permitted and construction took off during Obasanjo tenure as the 1st private power generation company in addition to 2 owned by Rivers State Government.

Truth in all you said concerning Aba, Geometric and Emeka Offor. Emeka is selfish and callous, the worst part is that Igbo leaders left Prof Barth alone to fight the battle which is a difficult one going by his closeness to Namadi Sambo, I love Rochas so much and he is doing well going by what I see when I went to Imo, My annoyance with Rochas is the way he left APGA that gave him mandate saying that its a regional party, Does it mean that he is not aware that APGA was a regional party, Rochas also tried to hijack the party that gave him the mandate to APC during their merger. Sorry to derail cos this Aba thread.

6 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by kel4soft: 9:15am On Sep 22, 2014
Abagworo:

If you buy shoes below 10k, there is 50/50 chance you just bought Aba. Original Italian shoes range from 30k upwards.

I have a customer I buy at Agudama, Dline. They don't sell Aba shoes. I don't know if you know where am talking about near the railway.

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Lilimax(f): 9:15am On Sep 22, 2014
Go... Made in Aba products.
Ebe ano! embarassed

22 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Ozonna(m): 9:18am On Sep 22, 2014
kel4soft: I have a special tailor that makes my clothes for me at Aba. Those guys are genius. I can make close to 15 clothes at once there ranging from shirts to my etibo. [/b]But, for now I don't patronise their shoes[b] and jeans cos they are still way below standard, that may change soonest if this topic is anything to go by.

When next you go to Aba, meet a shoe maker and tell him that you want foreign standard. He'll only ask you if you can afford it. If you agree on a price, get ready to collect a shoe that you'll pass down to your descendants cheesy.

37 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by sarutobie(m): 9:21am On Sep 22, 2014
this isn't news naa..The first time I ventured deep into D-line in ariara market way back in 2004, na so I see one shoemaker making two pairs of 'kito' sandals for a lady who was waiting to take it back to her kids to start the new session...it didn't take him more than an hour..I was like so this sandals wey I wear for primary school those years ago dey form big boy na for this aba dem produce am

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by kel4soft: 9:24am On Sep 22, 2014
Ozonna:

When next you go to Aba, meet a shoe maker and tell him that you want foreign standard. He'll only ask you if you can afford it. If you agree on a price, get ready to collect a shoe that you'll pass down to your descendants cheesy.

Thanks man, I believe you agree with me on their jeans.

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by arresa: 9:25am On Sep 22, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: One million pairs a day is obviously a gross exaggeration...but then again if the amount is not inflated then the news is not coming from the South East.

One million a day sounds way way more than exaggeration. Its utterly impossible from every angle. Even major shoe makers with better facilities and capacities all over the world can not move 1 million a day.

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Abagworo(m): 9:27am On Sep 22, 2014
Ohamadike42: Truth in all you said concerning Aba, Geometric and Emeka Offor. Emeka is selfish and callous, the worst part is that Igbo leaders left Prof Barth alone to fight the battle which is a difficult one going by his closeness to Namadi Sambo, I love Rochas so much and he is doing well going by what I see when I went to Imo, My annoyance with Rochas is the way he left APGA that gave him mandate saying that its a regional party, Does it mean that he is not aware that APGA was a regional party, Rochas also tried to hijack the party that gave him the mandate to APC during their merger. Sorry to derail cos this Aba thread.

The issue with APGA was internal crisis if you really want to know. It deviated from protecting Igbo interest to acting as an arm of PDP because of the greed in Umeh. He(Umeh) was the one that negotiated the merger with APC and backed out last minute when Okorocha was already exposed. My take on the issue is that Igbos need to learn and understand politics better. That's one part we need Yoruba guidance. Politics is not buying and selling.

As for geometrics we need to support Nnaji to at least fire the plant and give Aba the best power supply in Nigeria as a model for others to follow. There are 2 other power plants in Aba but they supply national grid. Geometric is strictly for Aba and environs.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Abagworo(m): 9:29am On Sep 22, 2014
arresa:

One million a day sounds way way more than exaggeration. Its utterly impossible from every angle. Even major shoe makers with better facilities and capacities all over the world can not move 1 million a day.

It can't be exaggerated if you really know Aba well. There are more than 50,000 shoe manufacturers and 20 pairs a piece is 1million.

22 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by onwundiyoruba: 9:31am On Sep 22, 2014
go aba goooooooooooooooooooooooooo, we are proud of you. the daft governor will soon be out and you will be reshaped.

10 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by stevikenna: 9:32am On Sep 22, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: One million pairs a day is obviously a gross exaggeration...but then again if the amount is not inflated then the news is not coming from the South East.
All these I too know people...u don go aba go see for yourself.you just made yourself look like a big fool

21 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by ak47mann(m): 9:34am On Sep 22, 2014
UMU ABA di too much cool

9 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Abagworo(m): 9:34am On Sep 22, 2014
kel4soft:

I have a customer I buy at Agudama, Dline. They don't sell Aba shoes. I don't know if you know where am talking about near the railway.

Yes I know there. I hope you don't buy from those boys inside that mini market unless fairly used. 90% of Moccasin shoes worn in Nigeria are Aba made. Might even be more. Port-Harcourt boys don't wear Aba stuffs unless tricked into buying them.

3 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by yorubakid1: 9:36am On Sep 22, 2014
mods !!!! move this trend to the FP and let's keep promoting made in Nigeria cool cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Ozonna(m): 9:38am On Sep 22, 2014
kel4soft:

Thanks man, I believe you agree with me on their jeans.

cheesy cheesy cheesy yes I do but they'll soon get there wink

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by onwundiyoruba: 9:39am On Sep 22, 2014
yorubakid1: mods !!!! move this trend to the FP and let's keep promoting made in Nigeria cool cheesy
mods are now biased, they may ban you for saying this.

6 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by yorubakid1: 9:41am On Sep 22, 2014
onwundiyoruba: mods are now biased, they may ban you for saying this.
they have already banned my main moniker and I know that they will soon ban this one now cry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by onwundiyoruba: 9:43am On Sep 22, 2014
yorubakid1: they have already banned my main moniker and I know that they will soon ban this one now cry
nna, the female aboki mod keep banning me till 2066.

4 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by yorubakid1: 9:46am On Sep 22, 2014
onwundiyoruba: nna, the female aboki mod keep banning me till 2066.
you mean the hijab wearing mod cause I was banned till December by the Yoruba bigot of a mod

5 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by 100Cents: 9:46am On Sep 22, 2014
There was this imported leather slippas I bought, but it disappointed me as it didn't last.

When I was through with about 2 of those fancy kind of slippas which put together couldn't last.me up to 2 years, I opted for Aba made.

Since 2012, this is 2 and a half years, I still wear one of the Aba made Leather slippas of high grade leather and sole. Repairs have been light...

What a good way to save money..

8 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by onwundiyoruba: 9:47am On Sep 22, 2014
yorubakid1: you mean the hijab wearing mod cause I was banned till December by the Yoruba bigot of a mod
yes oooo, i don't know what i did to her even the yoruba guy keep chasing me with cutlass.

3 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by yorubakid1: 9:51am On Sep 22, 2014
onwundiyoruba: yes oooo, i don't know what i did to her even the yoruba guy keep chasing me with cutlass.
hmmm.let stop derailing this beautiful before the bias mod moves it to ethnic section lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by yorubakid1: 9:52am On Sep 22, 2014
onwundiyoruba: yes oooo, i don't know what i did to her even the yoruba guy keep chasing me with cutlass.
hmmm.let stop derailing this beautiful trend before the bias mod moves it to ethnic section lipsrsealed
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by onwundiyoruba: 9:52am On Sep 22, 2014
yorubakid1: hmmm.let stop derailing this beautiful before the bias mod moves it to ethnic section lipsrsealed
yap bro.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by jmoore(m): 9:52am On Sep 22, 2014
Aba, ole way?

Customers from Cameroon and other neighbouring countries come to Aba to buy shoes.

There is a relative I know very well, he is a shoe maker in Aba. The shoes he makes for her mother can last up to 50 years.

More quality Aba-made shoes can come out from Aba if we are ready to pay for the price.

We lack indigenous brand names, therefore some of them compromise on quality. One thing is certain, the future is bright.

12 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by 100Cents: 9:54am On Sep 22, 2014
nyabingi: Let me just let out some Aba traders secrets, do you know than large tons of made in aba shoes and clothes are daily shiped to the middle east i.e Dubai, Europe and other African countries, Nigerians who travel over ther still buy these products more than 300% the cost in Aba, the truth is that these guys make so much money through these trade secrets, infact its hard these day for an avarage Aba shoe or fashion designer to take jobs from end users except they are willing to pay more,this is because they work day and night to meet up international demands, many igbos who returned from the mass exodus in the north are already learning the trade either as manufacturers or marketers, its a big market .

I am interested in this business o.

What are you into ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

i Will Give 3 Nairalanders My Life Changing Import Guide For Free. Ends In Hrs!! / Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In' / Coronavirus: Aliko Dangote Donates 600-Bed Isolation Centre To Kano (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.