Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,698 members, 7,816,855 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs (56082 Views)

Fraudsters Apprehended At First Bank In Aba While Trying To Scam A Woman- Photos / Nigeria’s Cashew Export Hits N49.7bn / Made-in-Aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 22, 2014
kettykin:

UNIDO report http://www.unido.org/fileadmin/import/32799_BergRep1a.pdf

Thanks but the report does not say what you claim it says
this is from PAGE 5

Approximate combined production of
footwear and leather goods is 75,000 pieces/day.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by rigarmortis: 3:00pm On Sep 22, 2014
egift:

Blindness grin

well, you blame jona for everything, even the job allocated to minsters and others, you blame the fisherman, you blamed him for the negligence of a certain governor of borno state when he insisted that students write exams in a place hitherto marked as unsafe.....till they were "kidnapped".

you even blamed him the day you suffered from erectile dysfunction, you couldn't get it up and your wife was eager and waiting.......

so this must also be Jonas fault.

grin
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by basilo101: 3:01pm On Sep 22, 2014
aroleodua:

even Nike with production factories all over the globe makes only 200,000 shoes daily.

omo you go fear lies! cheesy

no factories and less resources but these people still dey tell lies. cheesy
we are nt talking abt a factory here, we are talking abt thousands of factories
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 22, 2014
abagoro: Now what is the condition of the environment of the shoemakers? They don't look rich to me despite this staggering turn over.

All these men don use that profession buy land for Aba, build house for there village, build for Aba, dey live comfortably well and other tins, we know wasup, those men gather, they are making it.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by ketoprofen(m): 3:03pm On Sep 22, 2014
GodMode:

I didn't write that they aren't made by aba people see what your tribalEAST mentality is doing to u...

Infact most shoe-makers in lagos are Hausas.

The point is: they are made in SW.

Hausa made shoes are different from the ones that usually flood the mkt, which are Aba made.
Stop telling people that live in Lagos what is obtainable there.
Now, go and stand at Enugu Onitsha expressway and count the number of lorries that carry Aba made shoes and clothes to Lagos each day.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by GodMode: 3:03pm On Sep 22, 2014
bossmini84: From last year statistics nike sold ova 100 million foot wears and wen u put into consideration that the cheapest of these shoes is over $20 that's around 4000 nike had a revenue of over $10 billion last year on foot wears. But u knw globalization most of their factory workers in chaina vietnam earn less than $400 a month. If the aba guys can increase their output and quality they have a potential 50 million customers in nigeria alone.
As for lagos it is the largest earner by a large margin. Take for instance the lekki toll gate generates 15 million naira per day take a look. http://www.punchng.com/feature/lcc-makes-n15m-a-day-on-lekki-toll-gate-investigation/
That is probably half of the tax revenue the aba market generates per day. The average biz office in VI pays over 500k per anum when on various govt task and I can tel u there are thousand of bussiness of the island. Let's put it at a paltry 5000 bizs u know how much that is the truth lagos is the most covered ur Gold mine in govt. I can tell you that only 1/3 of the revenue is reported.

Tell them Oooo.

That's why PDP wants Lagos... with the revenue lagos gets Fashola is under-performing but thankfully Fashola has done what the past governor couldn't let's just hope the next governor does better.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by kettykin: 3:06pm On Sep 22, 2014
Ikwokrikwo:
Can't you fools just talk about Aba and leave Lagos out of it?
You disgrace Igbos with this attitude. What is special about lagos that u must use it as your benchmark? let Aba be the best it can be.
fool

Thank you very much for the advice but if only you can keep that advice your self as your history suggest otherwise

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by basilo101: 3:08pm On Sep 22, 2014
Guk:

Why do they have to give Lagos a run for her money? Is there a competition? Is there a prize to be won? There are loads of people who thrive in other towns in Nigeria with no tie or whatsoevr to Lagos. Let each location tap & maximise its own resources rather than creating imaginary competition.
healthy competititon is gud. If we cn hv 10 other "Lagoses" its gud 4 d con3
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by asha80(m): 3:09pm On Sep 22, 2014
iwonbaoko pls explain how economic output in imo is higher than abia and can compete with lagos accoding to you

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by leonard509(m): 3:09pm On Sep 22, 2014
Well done
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by 44chux(m): 3:09pm On Sep 22, 2014
100Cents: There was this imported leather slippas I bought, but it disappointed me as it didn't last.

When I was through with about 2 of those fancy kind of slippas which put together couldn't last.me up to 2 years, I opted for Aba made.

Since 2012, this is 2 and a half years, I still wear one of the Aba made Leather slippas of high grade leather and sole. Repairs have been light...

What a good good way to save money..
Guy u stingy die!!!
How u expect 2 wear one pam more than one year? And na people like u dey sabi trek-trek with their LEGGEDISE BENZ.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Ikwokrikwo: 3:10pm On Sep 22, 2014
kettykin:

Thank you very much for the advice but if only you can keep that advice your self as your history suggest otherwise
You and the others who brought about the comparison with Lagos on this thread are fools, you make Igbos appear unnecessarily petty.
Very irritating attitude
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by GodMode: 3:11pm On Sep 22, 2014
ketoprofen:

Hausa made shoes are different from the ones that usually flood the mkt, which are Aba made.
Stop telling people that live in Lagos what is obtainable there.
Now, go and stand at Enugu Onitsha expressway and count the number of lorries that carry Aba made shoes and clothes to Lagos each day.

The SE is empty... Their people are moving the SW. Their materials are in the SW that's why its Lagos...

I used hausas as reference cos u rarely see an igbo shoe-maker in Lagos... Even if u go to d market, its hausas u'll see. Igbos are not as many as hausas but most of them sell china made stuffs.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 22, 2014
asha80: iwonbaoko pls explain how economic output in imo is higher than abia and can compete with lagos accoding to you
Someone already showed a list of states by GDP on this thread have a look at that or google it. In terms of competing with Lagos that is "potentially". Imo state has some oil and with the righ economic policies and governance it should "compete"
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by kettykin: 3:13pm On Sep 22, 2014
iwonbaoko:

Thanks but the report does not say what you claim it says
this is from PAGE 5

Approximate combined production of
footwear and leather goods is 75,000 pieces/day.
that was 2002 production figure before UN came with their funds and before the Aba cluster was built , fast word 12 years later with modern equipment , funds invested , more shoe clusters and apprentices,reinvigorated trade routes /methods , increase in the local and foreign economy , better manpower from abroad and more stable electricity , the trade figures would have grown more than 10 fold a

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 22, 2014
Ikwokrikwo:
You and the others who brought about the comparison with Lagos on this thread are fools, you make Igbos appear unnecessarily petty.
Very irritating attitude
He is not a fool,he is not making Ibos appear unnecessarily petty.Ibos are petty
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by kettykin: 3:16pm On Sep 22, 2014
iwonbaoko:
Someone already showed a list of states by GDP on this thread have a look at that or google it. In terms of competing with Lagos that is "potentially". Imo state has some oil and with the righ economic policies and governance it should "compete"
that list is very suspicious , as osun state was given a higher GDP than Enugu , Even though Enugu has a higher standard of living , higher production base , higher internally generated revenue , higher skilled manpower and higher human development index ,more industrial output and leverage , so how will osun have a higher gdp than Enugu

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by GodMode: 3:19pm On Sep 22, 2014
iwonbaoko:

No state can compete with Lagos even with oil. Nigeria with all its oil is still a under-developed.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 22, 2014
kettykin:
that was 2002 production figure before UN came with their funds and before the Aba cluster was built , fast word 12 years later with modern equipment , funds invested , more shoe clusters and apprentices,reinvigorated trade routes /methods , increase in the local and foreign economy , better manpower from abroad and more stable electricity , the trade figures would have grown more than 10 fold a
But you said you got your figures of 100000 shoemakers from a UNIDO report Now I am a bit confused because when I asked you to provide a source you provided this 2003 report. You really are beginning to look ridiculous. Can you share the UNIDO report where YOU CLAIMED you got that figure of 50000-100000 shoemakers from.

Since Ibo men arrived on earth since the dawn of Ibo civilization they were able to train 5000 shoemakers by 2003 and you are saying that 50000 master shoemakers have been trained with UN funds in 10 years? Ibo Kwenu!!!

Can you show evidence that the UN came with any funds to Aba
How much was this exactly
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by mrarranger: 3:20pm On Sep 22, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: One million pairs a day is obviously a gross exaggeration...but then again if the amount is not inflated then the news is not coming from the South East.

Ethnic bigot

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 22, 2014
aroleodua:

even Nike with production factories all over the globe makes only 200,000 shoes daily.

omo you go fear lies! cheesy

no factories and less resources but these people still dey tell lies. cheesy

LOL ''Nike with production factories'' Get your facts right before you spew your ignorance all over the internet.

Nike does not PRODUCE anything, i repeat NIKE does not PRODUCE anything neither does it have a factory. Nike only design and sell production rights to producing customers.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by basilo101: 3:23pm On Sep 22, 2014
aroleodua:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

ur aba sells more footwear than a nike with customers across the globe abi? cheesy

ibo man has never been good with numbers, he just pulls them out of his scrotum to massage his ego.

1million ko 10billion ni.
y do yorubas feel inferior to the white man? U tnk Aba doesnt hv customer's across d globe?

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by asha80(m): 3:24pm On Sep 22, 2014
iwobaoko there is far more economic activities in abia and anambra than imo oil or no oil.

3 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 22, 2014
GodMode:

No state can compete with Lagos even with oil. Nigeria with all its oil is still a under-developed.
Well I do not agree Things change very quickly especially with Economies. If there is peace in Nigeria and we overcome the Power challenges then I can see many states competing with Lagos. Being underdeeloped can change very rapidly
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 22, 2014
kettykin:
that list is very suspicious , as osun state was given a very higher GDP than Enugu , where as Enugu has a higher standard of living , higher production base , higher internally generated revenue , higher skilled manpower and higher human development index ,more industrial output and leverage , sho how will osun have a higher gdp than Enugu
Initially I thought I was talking to someone with a brain in their head. I now realise your head is full of coconut water and I have been wasting my time all along.You are a public nuisance and a menace
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 22, 2014
asha80: iwobaoko there is far more economic activities in abia and anambra than imo oil or no oil.
That is an opinion but the facts are there Imo has a greater GDP
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by egift(m): 3:30pm On Sep 22, 2014
[s]
rigarmortis:

well, you blame jona for everything, even the job allocated to minsters and others, you blame the fisherman, you blamed him for the negligence of a certain governor of borno state when he insisted that students write exams in a place hitherto marked as unsafe.....till they were "kidnapped".

you even blamed him the day you suffered from erectile dysfunction, you couldn't get it up and your wife was eager and waiting.......

so this must also be Jonas fault.

grin
[/s]

NEXT! grin
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by asha80(m): 3:31pm On Sep 22, 2014
iwonbaoko: That is an opinion but the facts are there Imo has a greater GDP
sophistory

3 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by rigarmortis: 3:36pm On Sep 22, 2014
egift: [s][/s]

NEXT! grin
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by kettykin: 3:36pm On Sep 22, 2014
iwonbaoko:
But you said you got your figures of 100000 shoemakers from a UNIDO report Now I am a bit confused because when I asked you to provide a source you provided this 2003 report. You really are beginning to look ridiculous. Can you share the UNIDO report where YOU CLAIMED you got that figure of 50000-100000 shoemakers from.

Since Ibo men arrived on earth since the dawn of Ibo civilization they were able to train 5000 shoemakers by 2003 and you are saying that 50000 master shoemakers have been trained with UN funds in 10 years? Ibo Kwenu!!!

Can you show evidence that the UN came with any funds to Aba
How much was this exactly

I don't want go beyond the information i have given for reasons bordering the political economy of Aba, Aba about 44 years ago was flattened and destroyed to its foundations by savages hell bent on keeping igbos in Nigeria , Aba today has risen from its ashes and is recording growths that will in very few years threaten what ever growth made by any other city in Nigeria .
i believe i have partly achieved my aim in this forum of destroying wrong stereotypes some people deliberately have about igbo land

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by rigarmortis: 3:41pm On Sep 22, 2014
egift: [s][/s]

NEXT! grin

look under your armpits, pull down your pants and look, look under your jaw, what does all these places have in common, its full of hair man,

you are getting old dude, act like you know!

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

i Will Give 3 Nairalanders My Life Changing Import Guide For Free. Ends In Hrs!! / Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In' / Coronavirus: Aliko Dangote Donates 600-Bed Isolation Centre To Kano (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.