Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,647 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs (56036 Views)

Fraudsters Apprehended At First Bank In Aba While Trying To Scam A Woman- Photos / Nigeria’s Cashew Export Hits N49.7bn / Made-in-Aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by autofreak2020(m): 6:32pm On Sep 22, 2014
aryzgreat: The day I respect ABA was when an ABA tailor sew suit for me, people were asking me where I bought d Italian suit from. Trust me I have to enjoy d euphoria and swag by hyping the suit. Only me , d tailor and God know d ' Italian suit was ABA made.

I wish Abia will vote in a visionary leader to harness d potentials in that state.
I wouldn't mind if you give me contacts of that tailor. At least I don't know you, the secret is still intact. lolz.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by EndtimeBlessing: 6:34pm On Sep 22, 2014
aryzgreat: The day I respect ABA was when an ABA tailor sew suit for me, people were asking me where I bought d Italian suit from. Trust me I have to enjoy d euphoria and swag by hyping the suit. Only me , d tailor and God know d ' Italian suit was ABA made.

I wish Abia will vote in a visionary leader to harness d potentials in that state.

My brother please I need the contact of the tailor on ola@wirenigeria.com.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by hunter21(m): 6:36pm On Sep 22, 2014
iwonbaoko:
Yes o I remember the other day when NATO came to buy drones and Patriot missiles at Ariaria it tooks about 3 months to count the cash. No be small tin o
Amen.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by MightySparrow: 6:36pm On Sep 22, 2014
Let them proudly stamp made in Aba, Nigeria, the I will patronize them.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:39pm On Sep 22, 2014
cosmatika: A shoemaker in Aba produced dis pair of shoe 4me since May last yr. It has nva visited another shoemaker since den. I wear it frm Monday to Friday every wk. I dnt bother buying another cos it shows no signs of spoiling. Guess wat? It cost me only #1500 to get it. Aba's ingenuity
When you start having ankle, neck and back problems in the future remember it only cost you N1500 to acquire all those health problems.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by declaro(m): 6:42pm On Sep 22, 2014

Please give me the contact of the tailor, I want to sew suits. I will appreciate it. Thanks
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by felifeli: 7:16pm On Sep 22, 2014
musicwriter:

You obviously don't know anything about Aba. For your information, almost every house in Aba is either making clothes, shoes, or trading. And as someone said, most of the shoes you wear whether in Lagos or Abuja was probably made in Aba but is sold you as foreign made since many Nigerians prefer foreign goods.

Why do you think you keep hearing of the Aba shoe industry?. Do you think it's a petty industry?. Look, there're probably over 10,000 shoe manufacturers in Aba town alone!. If they make just 100 shoes per day that's 1 million.

I mean, when I lived there in the 90's my brother used to run a clothing business and we used to churn out 500 clothes per day, and we wasn't even the biggest producers. If you ask me, I can put their daily shoe output at 3 - 4 million at least.

With investment and machinery as this thread suggests, Aba guys can supply Africa's shoe demand without any need for any overseas shoe import into any African country. The potential is there!.

This's where I begin to look at Nigerian banks as foools. Instead of Nigerian banks extorting money from Nigerians through various COT's as revenue source, the Aba shoe industry is a good place for banks to invest. Give loans to Aba guys and they will change Africa.

If there's nothing you can be proud of in Nigeria you can be proud of the Aba shoes industry. It could be compared to Nollywood but difference being they do have a high sense of quality which by-the-way evolved over time.

Okay no vex I be foolish Yoruba man. But that 1 million high small sha. Make we agree 100,000 grin grin

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by felifeli: 7:28pm On Sep 22, 2014

The day I stopped respecting ABA was when I bought a traveling bag and when I got to this beautiful airport outside Naija, de ting tear when I was getting it off the conveyor. Shame catch me fa angry angry angry
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Ahmeduana(m): 7:28pm On Sep 22, 2014
weezii: Truth is, made-in-Aba shoes lasts longer than most "italian or foreign" shoes we get in boutiques these days. Nigeria simply needs to harness what it has on time
SEE AS OMO AJE OKUTA MA MUMI THEY PRAISE THEY CELEBRATE HIM THING NOTHING WEY WE NO GO TODAY, them go talk say their product better pass feragano even they quality pass masereti! NON-SENSE AND INGREDIENT.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by kechywillz(m): 7:33pm On Sep 22, 2014
Aba,i stay in that city,everywhere irritates me,if not for bad governance,it would have been one of the promising city to blosom in terms of commerce
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Ahmeduana(m): 7:33pm On Sep 22, 2014
weezii: Truth is, made-in-Aba shoes lasts longer than most "italian or foreign" shoes we get in boutiques these days. Nigeria simply needs to harness what it has on time
SEE AS OMO AJE OKUTA MA MUMI THEY PRAISE THEY CELEBRATE HIM THING NOTHING WEY WE NO GO HEAR TODAY, them go talk say their product better pass feragano even they quality pass masereti! NON-SENSE AND INGREDIENT, THEM EVEN TALK SAY THE SHOE WEY OBAMA, CAMERON AND PUTIN DEY WEAR NA aba MADE.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by dogbyte: 7:33pm On Sep 22, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: One million pairs a day is obviously a gross exaggeration...but then again if the amount is not inflated then the news is not coming from the South East.

Boss make I expose those aba boys small.u might not biliv it but most of the italians ,spanish ,middle east shoes and bags u buy are from aba. Those boys are trully making money.those of them that are lacking are those still making us of manual sewing machines to produce .am talking based on .......forget I no dey talk too much
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by musicwriter(m): 7:48pm On Sep 22, 2014
felifeli:

Okay no vex I be foolish Yoruba man. But that 1 million high small sha. Make we agree 100,000 grin grin

I never called you a foolish Yoruba man, please. I actually consider you as a brother, as long as you're an African.

Get it right now!.

Aba produce over 3 million shoes per day, this I'm sure unless the business have dwindled since I left there. I said my brother used to run a cloth manufacturing business in Aba and we used to produce up to 500 pieces per day. This was in 1989 -1992. And there were more than 10,000 people doing this same business then. Let me ask you. Using this example, How many clothes do you think all 10,000 cloth manufacturers will produce per day?.

Before China and Dubai damaged the business, Aba used to supply wears for the whole of Africa, in case you don't know. In those days we used to stay awake all night working, sowing, ironing clothes. We had customers coming all the way from Ivory Coast to buy from us. We even used to have customers sleeping at our house or lodging at nearby hotels waiting for their goods to be made. Exactly, what China is doing today. Ask anybody who know about this topic and he will corroborate this. I'm out.

4 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by cococandy(f): 7:59pm On Sep 22, 2014
True
egift: Nice. Aba is grossly untapped. I had hoped the State Government would have done far more by now:
- Provide electricity
- Build the roads
- Provide Water
- Increase security
- Expand Housing development
- Provide capital to new and existing businesses to help the boost production.
- Build multipurpose factories where certain regular operations requiring heavy machines can be done.
- Setup Recycling plant within the state, etc.

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by sonnie10: 9:29pm On Sep 22, 2014
you can't beat these

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by raphy(m): 9:29pm On Sep 22, 2014
igbo boys knows how to use their nose and smells money since 1960.nothing do una #igbokwenu

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 22, 2014
Aba, d japan of Africa n hub of ingenuity/prowess. Up enyimba city!
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 22, 2014
kettykin:
Aba economy is actually be bigger than Lagos economy in the long run , no offence meant by it , Aba produces more than 1 Million shoes daily which if priced at between N3000 to N10000 would mean N4b to N10B changing hands in Aba on a daily basis this gives us a rough estimate of between N1440 B to N4000B changing hands in aba per annum , where as lagos has a GDP of $100B or N17000 , if other businesses in Aba is added Aba would be roughly grossing more than N14000 B changing hands per annum where as lagos with all its glory and federal government inputs and patronage is just managing a whopping N17000B GDP Aba a city without federal government support , aid , input with no sea port or river port , no international airport , not even a state capital or regional capital or federal capital or a federal commercial capital is avergaing between N4000B to N10000B on its shoe industry alone
Aba bigger than which useless economy. What travesty! Is it the Aba I know or another Aba? What did you drink this morning. Please stop this nonsense that you exhibit here. No economy in Nigeria is bigger than Lagos. You can take that to the bank. What do you know about an economy. Lagos alone can feed Nigeria for years.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 22, 2014
Abagworo:

People make mistakes in correlation of GDP with standard of living or wealth. Aba has a higher consumption per capita than lagos. It is only 2nd to Port-Harcourt. What it means is that when you divide consumption of goods or cash flow in Aba by the resident population it is higher than Lagos even though Lagos economy is way bigger. Imo State has the highest GDP in Southeast according to one of the sources posted but has way much lower consumption per capita than Anambra or Abia.
If it is per capital income distribution, then it is wise to say that Aba can come 2nd to Lagos. Other things you posted are on point. Last Bullet - let's give Aba a round of a plus, those guys dey try. I'm proud of them.

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by DeeMain(m): 10:08pm On Sep 22, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: Well, contrary to your accusations I do not hate Ibos. For what? Sure, out of all the groups in Nigeria, when it comes to monetary transactions I wouldn't trust them farther than I could throw them, but that doesn't mean I hate them.

Before PDP agents attacked NL and wiped off most of our old posts--- like you can attest to--- I usually came on here in neutrality. But, your ibo brothers would not let me be. Constantly attacking whatever views they deemed unpopular. Tell me, who boasts, chests beats, and constantly antagonizes others on here more than your kin? I state facts as I see them and if my saying things like " Ibos are as religiously and ethnically intolerant like the Hausas they love to condemn" or "Nigerians should call the bluff of the Ibos and vote out this criminal govt" is what makes you think I hate yall, then, hey....

But rest assured, I don't. Yall just need to do some character searching and stop irritating others so much with your attitude.

I would have loved to spar with you and really debate this out but I do not have the time now and do not see the need.

I'll leave you with this: hate begets hate, pain begets pain, hurting people hurt people. This saying was true in 1966 and during that regrettable war and is still true today on NL and in our lives. By your bias and obvious hate you perpetuate the hate.

We are all connected. When we hate others we hate ourselves inadvertently, and worse, we sow seeds of hate.. Every action is a seed. The seeds of hate sown by our fathers in this country is still growing. We must find creative ways to stop them now.

Only few strong people are able to rise above the miasma of the hate/pain/hurt cycle. You disempower yourself when you engage your intelligence in causing pain. The empowering thing is to speak life to others. Extricate yourself from this trap. Love instead.

My 2 cents to you.

And this is for some e-warrior reading this too: Igbo, Yoruba, etc - when we hate, hate grows in us. Let's let go. Forgive. Grow. Love.

3 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by comrChris(m): 10:09pm On Sep 22, 2014
Really don't know why some people are having headache over this figure,some have resulted in name callings which l describe as inferiority complex
Pls if you have not been to aba kindly stop doubting because thoe guys there are very productive l have been there though the city is annoying due to govt neglegence
For those insulting or calling lgbos all source of names pls just bear in mind that hating doesn't take any one to any level rather it degrades you more
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 22, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
Are you minding that one...my husband specifically told me that if they are to go by population ratio, Aba generates more CASH REVENUE than Lagos. Lagos moves a lot of money, but they tend to be more learned...than the average Aba man, who prefers to make cash transactions.
-he said the kinda millions an average Aba trader brings for deposit @various times in a day, they spend hours 'bundle counting' it, bc to count am one by one dey hard sef. Then we can imagine how much the big customers like Tonimas are capable of moving
lolz you are alwaz talking about ur husband grin grin my namesake is really driving u crazy...enjoy, Notin thus u wink
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by sicily4u: 10:21pm On Sep 22, 2014
sonnie10: you can't beat these

are they made in Aba ? i like the first black one
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by millionaireman: 10:24pm On Sep 22, 2014
Ahmeduana:
them go talk say their product better pass feragano even they quality pass masereti! NON-SENSE AND INGREDIENT.
Their product? Abi, Aba product no be Nigeria product? Tomorrow you shall tell us that one Nigeria is indivisible, you shall look down on anybody who says he wants Biafra, yet you have no stake or joy with Aba made product. You are one of those people of one Nigeria because of crude oil. How can Nigeria develop with too many people of your sort?

2 Likes

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by ABAKA72(m): 10:46pm On Sep 22, 2014
Konquest:

@ Abagworo

Infact Abia or even Aba do not feature in the 3rd position as you stated in your post in this
Info on the GDP of States in Nigeria ===>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_GDP

The 2014 Lagos Re-based GDP as I stated earlier is $100 billion ====>>
[[The city of 20 million plus people probably accounts for up to 20 percent of the economic
activity taking place in Nigeria, meaning it has a nominal GDP of roughly $100 billion or a fifth
of Nigeria’s rebased output of $510 billion]]. ====>>

http://businessdayonline.com/2014/04/lingering-gas-supply-issues-undermine-efforts-to-power-lagos/#.VCCCAlf7Oho

Just a quick one ===> CHECK THESE DIRTY PICTURES OF Aba BELOW:

=====> https://www.nairaland.com/1350005/richest-states-nigeria-gdp-per/2

grin

[b][/b]
This GDP map is not different from our allocated cencus figures, only good for the trash can. Lol!!!!!!!
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 22, 2014
ziggy44: lolz you are alwaz talking about ur husband grin grin my namesake is really driving u crazy...enjoy, Notin thus u wink

yeayea...he drives me crazy, that's bc I gave him the keys....lols

1 Like

Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by ABAKA72(m): 10:59pm On Sep 22, 2014
abagoro:

http://www.howwemadeitinafrica.com/consumer-potential-three-nigerian-city-clusters-to-compete-with-lagos/41840/

My source is not wikipedia and its not about GDP but money in circulation compared with population.
no mind the fool jor.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Chinom(m): 11:03pm On Sep 22, 2014
Lets take those shoes, shirts and other clothings to Europe and USA. It should be possible with some fine packaging. I doff my hat for Aba boys.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 11:04pm On Sep 22, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

yeayea...he drives me crazy, that's bc I gave him the keys....lols
shey you never suppose sleep by this time small Mrs? undecided long time no talk though grin
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by omongbatim: 11:10pm On Sep 22, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: Well, contrary to your accusations I do not hate Ibos. For what? Sure, out of all the groups in Nigeria, when it comes to monetary transactions I wouldn't trust them farther than I could throw them, but that doesn't mean I hate them.

Before PDP agents attacked NL and wiped off most of our old posts--- like you can attest to--- I usually came on here in neutrality. But, your ibo brothers would not let me be. Constantly attacking whatever views they deemed unpopular. Tell me, who boasts, chests beats, and constantly antagonizes others on here more than your kin? I state facts as I see them and if my saying things like " Ibos are as religiously and ethnically intolerant like the Hausas they love to condemn" or "Nigerians should call the bluff of the Ibos and vote out this criminal govt" is what makes you think I hate yall, then, hey....

But rest assured, I don't. Yall just need to do some character searching and stop irritating others so much with your attitude.

Yoruba fooool
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 11:14pm On Sep 22, 2014
Paroman: shey you never suppose sleep by this time small Mrs? undecided long time no talk though grin

don't you know mothers/wives don't sleep well? Lol...you would soon know. I'm fine, thought of you just now,I just couldn't mention your name on that thread, b4 you swear for me...hahahaha.
Re: Made-in-aba Shoe Daily Export Hits 1m Pairs by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 22, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

don't you know mothers/wives don't sleep well? Lol...you would soon know. I'm fine, thought of you just now,I just couldn't mention your name on that thread, b4 you swear for me...hahahaha.
grin grin ... You got jokes ma'am

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

On Going BVN Scam-even The Most Cautious Person Will Fall For This One. BEWARE / i Will Give 3 Nairalanders My Life Changing Import Guide For Free. Ends In Hrs!! / Elon Musk Wants To Buy Coco-Cola To 'Put The Cocaine Back In'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.