Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government (23135 Views)

Deadly Bombings Reported In Nigerian City Where Boko Haram Was Founded- NY Times / Cameroonian Army Claims Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Has Been Killed (pix) / Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by mukina2: 3:45pm On Jul 11, 2012

Frustrations & Poor Government Brought Boko Haram To Nigeria — Obama

The United States President, Barrack Obama, has said that frustrations were the major reasons behind the activities of Boko Haram, sect which has claimed responsibilities for most of the killings in the Northern parts of Nigeria.

Speaking during a special session held by the United States House of Representatives Committee on Foreign Affairs in Washington DC yesterday, the US leader, who was represented by Ambassador Johnnie Carson, the US Assistant Secretary on African Issues, said that Boko Haram capitalised on popular frustrations with the nation’s leaders, poor government, ineffective service delivery, and dismal living conditions for many northerners.

“Over the past year, Boko Haram has created widespread insecurity across northern Nigeria, inflamed tensions between various communities, disrupted development activities, and frightened off investors. The near daily spate of bombings and attacks that have claimed the lives of thousands of Nigerians is unacceptable, and the United States strongly condemns this violence”

In his speech at the occasion, President of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, said that Boko Haram was not only a northern problem, but a Nigerian problem with global implications.

“This is outright terrorism, not legitimate political activity or the airing of grievances. By refusing to designate Boko Haram as a foreign terrorist organisation, the United States is sending a very clear message, not just to the federal government of Nigeria, but to the world – that the murder of innocent Christians, and Muslims who reject Islamism, and I make a clear distinction here between Islam and Islamism, are acceptable losses,” Oritsejafor surmised.

Source

3 Likes

Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Kobojunkie: 3:47pm On Jul 11, 2012
Johnnie Carson, the Ambassador to Nigeria made that comment during a hearing yesterday, when questions on the Boko Haram situation by the House committee, not Obama. It even says so right there in the document, but many not have been quoted correctly(I would wait to see the video again).

2 Likes

Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Rossikk(m): 3:48pm On Jul 11, 2012
Obama abeg go siddon. Even YOU are a suspect. How are we sure it wasn't your CIA that ''brought'' Boko Haram to Nigeria? We already know BH have AL Qaeda links, and that Al Qaeda have CIA links. In fact in Libya and Syria, NATO forces collaborated strongly with Al Qaeda elements and that's no secret. So YOU, Mr Obama, and your country (USA) are strong suspects in the whole Boko Haram issue.

18 Likes

Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by denko(m): 3:50pm On Jul 11, 2012
I c , so churches also means Government,

1 Like

Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Okijajuju1(m): 3:51pm On Jul 11, 2012
So what brought Al-Queda to the U.S?! angry

5 Likes

Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Rossikk(m): 3:53pm On Jul 11, 2012
Okija_juju: So what brought Al-Queda to the U.S?! angry

AL CIA DA

4 Likes

Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Chyz2: 3:58pm On Jul 11, 2012
Notice how only one particular country seems to know every al qaeda move and seem to be the only ones who can spot them. I wonder why?(sarcasticly speaking)

2 Likes

Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Everest9(m): 4:21pm On Jul 11, 2012
Ok na

1 Like

Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Afam4eva(m): 4:36pm On Jul 11, 2012
Hmmm
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 11, 2012
Mehn I no even fit insult this man again. Obama has insulted his administration to the point of no return.

Awww,now I feel bad for him. Eyah
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by dabrake(m): 4:41pm On Jul 11, 2012
that g[i]a[/i]y president should better keep quiet. he is a fool not to mind his own business. who told him poverty/frustration brought boko haram on us? in an attempt to give us a bad name, he appeared so foolish. the northern elite fools brought the plague upon themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by HAH: 4:41pm On Jul 11, 2012
Some people are disappointed by this statement, but believe me they have better intelligence.

2 Likes

Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 11, 2012
the US leader, who was represented by Ambassador Johnnie Carson, the US Assistant Secretary on African Issues, said that Boko Haram capitalised on popular frustrations with the nation’s leaders, poor government, ineffective service delivery, and dismal living conditions for many northerners.

This has to be a joke lol.
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Henrick007: 4:46pm On Jul 11, 2012
obama i beg help us call jack bauer oooo we need dat guy very badly, because d way he dey take stop bomb even nuclear weapon for 24 season film i bliv say dat guy fit help stop boko haram

4 Likes

Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by miteolu(m): 4:51pm On Jul 11, 2012
grin angry smiley kiss undecided

2 Likes

Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Chanchit: 4:51pm On Jul 11, 2012
As far is they keep the bombings in the north... Paraparapampam * whistlin' on ma way to sleep*

1 Like

Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by israelbenzion: 4:52pm On Jul 11, 2012
Highest display of ignorance about Nigeria's affairs!

Jihad is their ultimate goal, 2015 d short-term trophy.

5 Likes

Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Delafruita(m): 4:53pm On Jul 11, 2012
dabrake: that g[i]a[/i]y president should better keep quiet. he is a fool not to mind his own business. who told him poverty/frustration brought boko haram on us? in an attempt to give us a bad name, he appeared so foolish. the northern elite fools brought the plague upon themselves.
who is this buffoon?so when boko haram befriends alqaeda and ends up blowing up the UN building,its not obama's business?he should wait till they blow up the american embassy like they did in kenya before he acts abi.unlike the retardeen,responsible leaders try to prepare for situation and if possible prevent certain things from happening.but for naija,the thing will happen then ebele will say "we are on top of the situation"

6 Likes

Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 11, 2012
I can vouch that we Nigerians know better than what Obama knows about Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 11, 2012
Is it true that Obama is black ?
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by SisiKill1: 4:58pm On Jul 11, 2012
Bwhahahaha! Watch the Rabid GEJ fans turn on Obama!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by SimplySEA(m): 5:00pm On Jul 11, 2012
Baba God help us o! Dis action film no wan end o! D principal actors say na to be contd. I been tink say na movie o, i no kno say na season film. Make e end i beg....
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 11, 2012
When did Obama become relevant?

I thought Hilary Clinton was the de-facto president? undecided

Like Obomber Obama, Like Johnny Carson and Susan Rice - clowns! undecided

3 Likes

Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by dayokanu(m): 5:03pm On Jul 11, 2012
Calling calling laptop 1 to 40 .

Report for duty and start bashing Obama and America

5 Likes

Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by donigspain(m): 5:06pm On Jul 11, 2012
If Obama is seeing things from this perspective that means the 'BIAFRAN DREAM' is still many a light year ahead. SMH.
I better go siddon b4 I wound myself.

1 Like

Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by greall1: 5:08pm On Jul 11, 2012
Face ur warrant usa already said nigeria would divided in 2015.
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by darne(m): 5:09pm On Jul 11, 2012
Obama Is Absolutely Correct on this and Yes Something needs to be done about this BH Boys and their Sponsors, There's a big Difference Islam And Islamism !!!,...Terrorism Isn't Allowed And Would Not Be Welcomed By Anyone In his Rightful sense, What Kinda God Will ask you to Fight for Him ?? Who Are You To Fight For God Please Please Mr Obama Something Has To Be Done Fast !!! We don Tire >: Siddon Look Na Dog Name Abeg

1 Like

Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by wadoski: 5:09pm On Jul 11, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Bwhahahaha! Watch the Rabid GEJ fans turn on Obama!! cheesy cheesy
Listen Mr this is not about GEJ ok? Even if what Obama said is true which I dont really accept, you must understand whatever frustration he is talkling about did not start with GEJ. He is only 2 yrs in power and independent Nigeria is 52 yrs old. You and Obama shud not give me that s**t about frustration, BH is about jihad and religion.

2 Likes

Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Akiika: 5:10pm On Jul 11, 2012
You all can make all the noise you like, but President Obama made his assessment based on facts, not on some stupid religious or ethnic sentiments you guys use day in day out. Seriously, it's a shame that bling bling pastor Oritsajafor will be making stupid unguarded statements like that. Let your dumb clueless president deal with the "so-called terrorism", the terrorism that only started when a weak southerner became president. So you expect US to deploy troop in the North? no way!...If people have jobs, they will not be lured with money by politicians to wreck havoc on defenseless people.

6 Likes

Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 11, 2012
greall1: Face ur warrant usa already said nigeria would divided in 2015.
Do you believe that ? I mean if you believe that, you must believe 1+1=11
Re: Obama Claims Boko Haram Was Brought By Frustrations & Poor Government by onatisi(m): 5:11pm On Jul 11, 2012
Rossikk: Obama abeg go siddon. Even YOU are a suspect. How are we sure it wasn't your CIA that ''brought'' Boko Haram to Nigeria? We already know BH have AL Qaeda links, and that Al Qaeda have CIA links. In fact in Libya and Syria, NATO forces collaborated strongly with Al Qaeda elements and that's no secret. So YOU, Mr Obama, and your country (USA) are strong suspects in the whole Boko Haram issue.

silence is the best answer for you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Dismisses 203 Soldiers After Secret Night Trial / Mai Tangale Stool: 3 Killed, Property Destroyed As Crisis Deepens / DSS Nabs 4 Boko Haram Men In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.