Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,465 members, 7,826,770 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Why Jonathan Has Already Won Second Term – Asari Dokubo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Jonathan Has Already Won Second Term – Asari Dokubo (466 Views)

Pictures Of Osinbajo And Buhari Laughing At Each Other.Have They Already Won? / Revealation: Goodluck Jonathan Has Already Won 2015 Polls / “i Have Already Won The 2011 Election: " Gov. Adebayo Alao-akala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Jonathan Has Already Won Second Term – Asari Dokubo by activatenigeria: 9:30am On Sep 22, 2014
One of the main supporters of President Goodluck Jonathan’s re-election bid, Alhaji Mujahid Asari Dokubo has said that the President’s victory was already in the bag.

Speaking in an interview with newsmen, Asari said that the victory of Peoples Democratic Party in Osun and Ekiti was more than enough proof of his victory.

Excerpts:

Looking at Nigeria today, what can you say about the situation of things in the country?

I think two things are at the front burner now: the submission of the reports of the National Conference and Ebola disease outbreak. And if you ask me, I will say that Ebola has quarantined Boko Haram (laugh­ter). So, for me, these are the two issues in the front burner for now.

What is your view on the recent constitu­tional conference?

I was not disappointed with the outcome. It was expected. From the beginning, I stressed that the importance of the National Confer­ence was to provide us an avenue to sit down and talk. That is what has been achieved.

As for the recommendations, nothing has changed, we’re still where we were, if not worse off. Issues that were put into the recom­mendations such as state creation and so on are nonsense. There is no need to create states for us. We need resources to fund these states and you have to talk of salaries and so on.

Nigeria is a federation and you’re talking about local government creation and all those issues that were raised. I think that we have not gone beyond where we were; we’re still where we were. And if I’m to make sugges­tions, I would say that the document should just be sent to the National Assembly or so. There’s nothing different from what is con­tained in the Abdulsalami 1999 Constitution.

The National Assembly has the right to make laws but not to write a new constitu­tion. But the President is saying he would take the outcome of the National Confer­ence to the National Assembly. Is this in order?

Like I said before, the document should be a guide. There’s nothing new in that docu­ment. And as such, there’s no need for us to dissipate energy on something that is not very important. It has made us to know those who are prepared to live peacefully; those who cherish peaceful co-existence and equality of all Nigerians before the Constitution. There are those who have this erroneous belief that they were born to rule while some of us are hewers of wood and drawers of water. And that is not advisable; it will never be accepted, it will be resisted at all cost. And until they come out of that illusion, there’s nothing anybody will do for them but to continue to join issues together.

Read more http://www.activatenigeria.com/why-jonathan-has-already-won-second-term-asari-dokubo/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

S’court Upholds Obiano’s Victory As Ngige Loses Appeals / Armed Robbers Attack Kogi Police Station With Dynamites Tried To Loot The Armory / Victims Of Administrative Injustice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.