Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,367 members, 7,819,319 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles (19046 Views)

Vincent Enyeama's Wife Speaks Up On His Retirement From Super Eagles / Man City Axe Iheanacho From Champions League Squad / Real Reason Why Keshi Is Shutting Out Kelechi Iheanacho From The Super Eagles. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by gift01: 5:31am On Sep 23, 2014
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by Amanwulu1(m): 5:47am On Sep 23, 2014
keshi, too stuborn for my liking
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by pyyxxaro: 5:51am On Sep 23, 2014
grin Garbal Lawal is better than Obafemi Martins as a Striker cry
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by Mekyno(m): 5:57am On Sep 23, 2014
petezenith: I begin to wonder if this man knows what he is doing with this continuous refusal to invite our best players to don the colours of the national team. Last time I checked, mikel has been a bench warmer at chelsea. If keshi says Iheanacho has not broken into the first team of man city how bout mikel that has become a liability at his club and posts poor performances for the national team. If martins will be excluded for the national team cos of age why was a player like Ameobi that is old and not regular for club included at the world cup? We need to ask keshi wat his criteria is for a player being called into d national team. Our best legs are not in the super eagles. He says 'martins shud give the younger players a chance to display their talents' who are these younger players if not Iheanacho mr keshi? Emenike? or Igeibor? Its high time we get a competent coach for the eagles.
u are correct. Wait oo, is it nt d same iheanacho dat waz abt to b used by keshi 4 CHAN competition?....it seems keshi is still angry abt wat transpired btw him, iheanacho n his dad b4 CHAN dat made d boy miss CHAN or d boy neva pay his dues/ returns......i no fit laff. Its wel.
I hope him talk no go sack am 4 work oo
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 6:02am On Sep 23, 2014
kris: I thought Iheanacho didn't make the team because they cannot sign a contract yet, and not because he's not good enough.

The count down to October 18th begins. This is when Nacho will be eligible to sign a professional contract with Manchester City.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by Keypha(m): 6:05am On Sep 23, 2014
Kechi Nacho is a very nice player,his focus is to score and crate chance, can't u see he has many fans all over the world, shame to you, u can't stop him,
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by dabossman(m): 6:06am On Sep 23, 2014
This doesn't add up. If Martins is expected to give room for the younger ones, then why say Iheanacho is too young? I'm not anti-Keshi but this sounds confusing. In some ways I blame the NFF and its Technical Committee. It's high time we develop a proper football philosophy. Whatever coach is to be employed should be given a mandate to concentrate on youth. The national team should have an average age of 25 if we want to excel at the next World Cup. That should be spelt out clearly to the coach.

And has it has always been said, if you are good enough, you are old enough.

4 Likes

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by vokalguy(m): 6:07am On Sep 23, 2014
I understand Ihenacho as he is very young but Martins deserves to be playing for the super eagles.... we are suppose to pick players based on current form not sentiments, clear example is the constant inclusion of Mikel... I have said it numerous times.... Keshi is not capable of taking the Eagles to the next level...

1 Like

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 6:07am On Sep 23, 2014
Luchitec: How soon we forget things....Keshi invited Ihenacho to CHAN 2014, and the lad did not show up!His dad preferred his son going on trial. Assuming Iheanacho participated in that tournament, there is every likelihood that he would have been taken to Brazil.
If Nacho had played that CHAN tournament, it would have been easier to fight for his work permit. Because he would have played for the National team before he turned eighteen.

That would have easily qualified Nacho as a special talent.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by Nobody: 6:26am On Sep 23, 2014
gbenga4sure: Keshi is stupid,proud,clueless and incapable to coach super eagles.There were several indications that he only choose players who bribed him,with the non inclusion of uche,martins and many others and the inclusion of mikel.It was luck that made keshi won afcon 2013 and now he has ran out of luck.

Well done Mourinho...see your mouth. grin grin grin
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by Nobody: 6:27am On Sep 23, 2014
vokalguy: I understand Ihenacho as he is very young but Martins deserves to be playing for the super eagles.... we are suppose to pick players based on current form not sentiments, clear example is the constant inclusion of Mikel... I have said it numerous times.... Keshi is not capable of taking the Eagles to the next level...

What kind of sentiments would that be? Explain, go on bro
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by Humblesam(m): 6:33am On Sep 23, 2014
"NEWS"
There is NO place for Mr Keshi or His so called super eagles in my HEART again.
Make Hbp no come kill person.... Rubbish.
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by solasalako(m): 6:39am On Sep 23, 2014
Who cares if he brings in super youngsters? Bird of the same feathers-- SNAIL OBI was brought in as a youngster, see what Mourhino has done to his life- Because of money, Iheanacho refuse to go to Arsenal and french sides where he could have been shining- Keshi the BAD BOSS refuse to call IK UCHE, JUWON( who stood in well for NONSENCE echejile) & that Babatunde guy-- How on this earth would a standing supposed super striker go on to play 12 consecutive games without a GOAL? ( Eminike the fufu seller).
NFF,SUPER EAGLES & BAD BOSS doing rubbish since the day BONFERE left- Good riddance-
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by ony073: 6:50am On Sep 23, 2014
Mekyno:
u are correct. Wait oo, is it nt d same iheanacho dat waz abt to b used by keshi 4 CHAN competition?....it seems keshi is still angry abt wat transpired btw him, iheanacho n his dad b4 CHAN dat made d boy miss CHAN or d boy neva pay his dues/ returns......i no fit laff. Its wel.
I hope him talk no go sack am 4 work oo
.exactly, d man still dey vex.
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by TeamSimple(m): 6:51am On Sep 23, 2014
Keshi,end time coach
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by TeamSimple(m): 6:51am On Sep 23, 2014
Keshi,end time coach.
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by Nobody: 6:58am On Sep 23, 2014
I have always maintained that keshi is just a lucky coach. he is technically and tactically daft... it seems he has start running out of luck...keshi will meet his waterloo by failing to qualify the S.E to defend her AFCon title but if we do qualify,it will be as 3rd best..his big egoism will be his bane..pls ask keshi,is it nw he knows that kelechi iheanancho is too young to play for the S.E??.so why did he try to wire his team around the land the lad for the Chan tourney.just as coach many garba opined,Iheanancho can play in any team of the world..his decision making is accurate around the 18yard box..he scores a hat trick out of 4 chances he gets...Oct 8,the lad will sign a full contract with man city cux he will be 18.his work permit is ready..pelligrini loves the lad.. I am convinced that he will get his chance to play for man city bfr the end of October. keshi no day forgive,he is angry the boy no play Chan.if he can't recall obagol,what of Isaac Success,LA liga's Granada striker.why won't he consider him.Musa mohammed can play beta than Ambrose at right back..he is full of zest n energy,,he can cross,shoot and take free kicks..in summary,kelechi iheanancho,Musa yahaya,Musa Mohammad,Chinedu obasi and Isaac success are good enough for the super eagles... I hope you get that into your egoist thick skull Keshi..

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by RockMaxi: 7:01am On Sep 23, 2014
Keshi your eye go soon clear. tongue
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by arsetalks(m): 7:12am On Sep 23, 2014
Shameful that Iheancho is not getting a looked at. He should definitely be at least a fringe player for the national team.

Fabregas, Hazard, Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Casillas and a host of others were given a chance at tender ages, why not Iheancho?

This is another proof to what I have been saying on this forum, Keshi is doing everything to win whatever he can win with his team not giving a hoot to building for thee future.

People like Ambrose should have been systematically and gradually phrased out of the Eagles. People like Tiago Ilori should have been by now given a chance.

We need a good creative midfielder and Iheancho can definitely be a very good central attacking midfielder for us but off course, Mikel is untouchable.

Disgusting.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by Nobody: 7:22am On Sep 23, 2014
Keshi is toiling the path of destruction and he will soon be destroyed and cast into the lake of fire for saying gibberish about ihenacho.This proves that Keshi is not competent,efficient,professional and experienced.Why will a good coach shut door on player like Ihenacho giving excuse of not breaking into man.city first team.I give up on keshi because right from the day he was hired,I know he only gat lucky but he is unprofessional.Keshi is a disgrace and an embarrassment to all coaches.He is not competent enough.He is a kill-joy.He is too shallow-minded.His ego will destroy him and I pray we don't qualify for nations cup.why will a good coach keep prefering mikel obi to Iheanacho.Presently,that guy is 80 times better than mikel.Someone who knows keshi should talk sense into his that big head before he goes solo.Nonsense.seriously vexing....I don't even know how to display my anger..
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by ceaserian(m): 7:31am On Sep 23, 2014
petezenith: I begin to wonder if this man knows what he is doing with this continuous refusal to invite our best players to don the colours of the national team. Last time I checked, mikel has been a bench warmer at chelsea. If keshi says Iheanacho has not broken into the first team of man city how bout mikel that has become a liability at his club and posts poor performances for the national team. If martins will be excluded for the national team cos of age why was a player like Ameobi that is old and not regular for club included at the world cup? We need to ask keshi wat his criteria is for a player being called into d national team. Our best legs are not in the super eagles. He says 'martins shud give the younger players a chance to display their talents' who are these younger players if not Iheanacho mr keshi? Emenike? or Igeibor? Its high time we get a competent coach for the eagles.
nice one my guy
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by MeGaStReEt: 7:37am On Sep 23, 2014
petezenith: Chief Coach of Nigeria’s Super Eagles, Stephen Keshi does not see anything good in Obafemi Martins though the player is in good form for his American Major League Soccer, MLS, club, Seattle Sounders FC. Nigerians have been calling on Keshi to look the way of Martins who had 39 caps and 18 goals for the country and give him a call up to the senior national team, but the Chief Coach, while speaking on Brila F.M. early today said that Martins has no place in his team for now.

According to Keshi, “there are other good players who can fit in to the role Martins can play in the Eagles and I believe he had paid his due for this nation in the team. So, it is my belief that Martins should give other younger players chance to showcase their talent in the Eagles.”

Stephen Keshi Keshi also reiterated his resolve not to bring Manchester City teenager, Kelechi Iheanacho to the Eagles for now, saying that the UAE 2013 FIFA U-17 World Cup Golden Ball award winner is too young to wear the colours of the Eagles.

“I think those who want Iheanacho to play for the Eagles meant well for the young boy, but to me, he still has a long way to go before he can fit into the team,” Keshi said.

Iheanacho made his debut for City in their 2014 preseason tour of the United States, scoring two goals in their first two games, but this feat doesn’t count with Keshi who said despite the preseason good outing, the Nigerian youngster is yet to fight his way to the main team of the English Premier League champions.

He is not in the starting lineup of City. He should try and wait for his time. He has a good future ahead of him,” the Nigerian coach stated.

Celestine Babayaro is one of many Nigerians who want Iheanacho in the Eagles. Babayaro was of the opinion that the likes of “Pele, Diego Maradonna, Ronaldo and Lionel Messi all started playing for their senior national teams at a very young age"

@Bolded... I can imagine how Keshi's face looks while uttering those words. Looking like somebody who has just taken 10 bottles of codeine

Keshi na mu-mu
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by Nobody: 7:38am On Sep 23, 2014
later my mama go say i stubborn..

keshi is just being over zealous..that guy is annoying me now.

when someone think only him is right lipsrsealed
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 23, 2014
Has this joker called keshi ever heard of that 15 year old midfielder that plays for Norway?

When did Neymar,Kun Aguero,Péle,Podolski start playing for their senior national teams? If a player is good,then he should be blooded ASAP into the team. Or is oga keshi telling me that Reuben Gabriel is better than Iheanacho

1 Like

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by watchindelta(m): 7:47am On Sep 23, 2014
NFF to hire Keshi on match-by-match basis super eagle son finish! these ppl wanna kill us
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by duerap: 7:48am On Sep 23, 2014
Let's pray for Nigeria and most importantly Mr Keshi. If a great coach such as Keshi is this sick then offering national prayers wouldn't be a bad idea to bring his senses back to full fitness.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by Iceman296: 7:50am On Sep 23, 2014
Confused man. Na when we no qualify for Nations Cup im go know how far.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 23, 2014
Luck can only get you this far.
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by born2boink(m): 7:51am On Sep 23, 2014
Keshi should leave policy alone, pirlo has older as he is, still number. One player for his national team, when player are performing, they deserve the green,white,green country. Iheanacho, Uche, and martins will demolish the rest of country home and away playing in our group, even Mikel wey dem dey call snail go turn to antelop by the time he see better player

1 Like

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by yurme(m): 7:55am On Sep 23, 2014
Keshi koshi lo jor ....its dat snail "mikel" that z gud abi
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by gulfer: 7:59am On Sep 23, 2014
sauce or source.
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by wacuc0: 8:01am On Sep 23, 2014
Gentlemen, can you remember the last time Martins played for Nigeria at the Calabar Stadium? He was tied, too slow and people were shouting to remove him. That he is scoring in USA does not make him good enough to play for Super Eagles. The same way Thiery Henry can not be called to France National Team. For Ihenacho, calling him now might spoil the show. You can not gamble with a young player's future. Keshi is a professional and he knows this. Since he has not established himself (Iheanacho) yet in his (Man City) team as a senior player, any poor performance in the national team will ruin his career. All of us will now shout, why did Keshi used him. Everything has its time. Just wait a little his time will come.

People are shouting Keshi is working with luck. Good enough, without lucky on your side you can never make a progress no matter how good you are. This luck is sometimes called GRACE. People bear child and give them names like LUCKY not HARDWORK. But only luck can not win the game, Keshi- He did it as a player in NNB and as SE captian, He did it in Benlgium, He did it in France, He did it as an aisstant coach to Amodu, he did it in Togo and he did it in Mali also has done it in Nigeria. This luck must be too much for one man. Why not support him with his luck.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

‘why Zidane Should Not Sign Eden Hazard’- Chris Sutton / Karibe Ojigwe: Ex-Super Eagles footballer Nominated Commissioner In Abia State / Odion Ighalo Scored A Brace As Al Hilal Defeats Ronaldo's Al'Nassr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.