Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles (19041 Views)

Vincent Enyeama's Wife Speaks Up On His Retirement From Super Eagles / Man City Axe Iheanacho From Champions League Squad / Real Reason Why Keshi Is Shutting Out Kelechi Iheanacho From The Super Eagles. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by Chinom(m): 10:16am On Sep 23, 2014
I can understand not recalling Martin, but Iheanacho should be given a chance. Keshi is not always right.
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by litetias(m): 10:18am On Sep 23, 2014
I agree with the gaffer on the issue of Iheanacho not being ready to play for the national team. I have never seen a situation where a player who has barely proven himself at professional club level would start representing his national team. The normal trend is play well consistently for your club for at least one full season by which time the national team coach must have analysed your strengths and your weaknesses and then you 'EARN' a call-up to play for the national team where the coach already knows how to fit you into his team. Anyone calling for his inclusion based on his performances at an age competition and a couple of preseason matches barely knows football and should shut the fuc*k up. Having said that, his position on Martins is indefensible. Probably Keshi is one of those many people who believe that Martins real age is somewhere in the late thirties.
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by santana45: 10:22am On Sep 23, 2014
Keshi will complete his mission for the Super Eagles very soon. By then, it will be too late.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by oliy24(m): 10:23am On Sep 23, 2014
wacuc0: Gentlemen, can you remember the last time Martins played for Nigeria at the Calabar Stadium? He was tied, too slow and people were shouting to remove him. That he is scoring in USA does not make him good enough to play for Super Eagles. The same way Thiery Henry can not be called to France National Team. For Ihenacho, calling him now might spoil the show. You can not gamble with a young player's future. Keshi is a professional and he knows this. Since he has not established himself (Iheanacho) yet in his (Man City) team as a senior player, any poor performance in the national team will ruin his career. All of us will now shout, why did Keshi used him. Everything has its time. Just wait a little his time will come.

People are shouting Keshi is working with luck. Good enough, without lucky on your side you can never make a progress no matter how good you are. This luck is sometimes called GRACE. People bear child and give them names like LUCKY not HARDWORK. But only luck can not win the game, Keshi- He did it as a player in NNB and as SE captian, He did it in Benlgium, He did it in France, He did it as an aisstant coach to Amodu, he did it in Togo and he did it in Mali also has done it in Nigeria. This luck must be too much for one man. Why not support him with his luck.

hey people we have keshi in the house, Is either you are keshi or a robot, only a robot think like this. 12 games one win, then the luck don finish na. plus Nigerians are bless not lucky. if you watch games coach by keshi and you know ball well. even if keshi still win Spain 12goals to nothing I will still sack him as NFF. the guy doesn't even know why kelechi is not playing for man city, Keshi and his fans, the clueless

3 Likes

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by mpowa(m): 10:23am On Sep 23, 2014
litetias: I agree with the gaffer on the issue of Iheanacho not being ready to play for the national team. I have never seen a situation where a player who has barely proven himself at professional club level would start representing his national team. The normal trend is play well consistently for your club for at least one full season by which time the national team coach must have analysed your strengths and your weaknesses and then you 'EARN' a call-up to play for the national team where the coach already knows how to fit you into his team. Anyone calling for his inclusion based on his performances at an age competition and a couple of preseason matches barely knows football and should shut the fuc*k up. Having said that, his position on Martins is indefensible. Probably Keshi is one of those many people who believe that Martins real age is somewhere in the late thirties.

Does Age stop a person from playing? If he's scoring regularly in his club, he deserves a call up, the ones who're younger nkor what have they done? how old was Roger Milla before he retired?

1 Like

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by Lily4star(f): 10:27am On Sep 23, 2014
jomoh: Lily4star where are u o please come and help me interpret what this drunk of a coach is saying cos I don't understand o.

Is Martins older than Ameobi or aw many of the bench warming players he has is a regular starter in their respective clubs for him to say nacho hasn't gained a first team jersey.

Lol, Goodmorning Deary, I saw the topic initially but just didn't want to comment cos I hate repeating thesame thing over again.

Who's better between Martins and Amoebi?, he is the Coach, the Boss, we know we can't tell him what to do but the least he could do is listen to the opinion from the public, and select the reasonable ones, we re not saying Nacho should just magically take over Mikel, its not done that way, but just give the young man a slot and see what he has to offer as well as a host of other young players.

Seriously we re not talking about the Eagles of now, we want to ve a team for the future, in the next world cup year what ll the SE team look like?, will it be a team other teams would get frightened of?, or we ll just keep being mere participants in tournaments instead of making a remarkable impact.

Now he is making it obvious he is full of pride. Keshi is not that Coach that ll give us what we need, his team lacks tact, agility, no style of play, terrible with set-pieces, porous midfield, poor defence, and the annoying thing he isn't even doing anything about it.

Yet instead of taking the blame for hi poor performance after a match, he always gets to look for who to heep the blame on. What kind of a Coach does that?.

Abeg I no want dey talk about anything concerning Keshi and Mikel again.

Nacho not breaking into the Man City first 11 isn't cos the lad aint good enough,

Pellgrini said and I quote

"The lad is very good, in training he is dangerous around the box, give him 5 chances and he ll convert 3"

He is the boss make em enjoy em stay while it last.

3 Likes

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by litetias(m): 10:27am On Sep 23, 2014
mpowa:

Does Age stop a person from playing? If he's scoring regularly in his club, he deserves a call up, the ones who're younger nkor what have they done? how old was Roger Milla before he retired?
He's scoring in a league where players go to 'die'.
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by Goke7: 10:29am On Sep 23, 2014
mpowa:

The one wey come dey give us results nkor, wetin we they play, I'd rather watch the paint dry than watch super eagles matches, the man isn't building a strong squad for Nigeria, he's only after results and the results self no come again, what's happening to TB Joshua this days.

and you think siasia will be able do better? my brother nff is the one killing our football, until they depend less on Govt funds and become autonomous like most FAs around the world are, we would continue to wallow in this wilderness for a long time to come. We need to get the the foundation of our football right be re-organizing that burnt glass house, even if you bring mourinho or Guardiola to coach eagles, na same story o!

1 Like

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by mpowa(m): 10:32am On Sep 23, 2014
litetias:
He's scoring in a league where players go to 'die'.

An the people Mr. Keshi calls plays at chealsea, Barcelona, Man u...? all kinds of funny unproven people in the team, even Flavor the musician grin
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by ceo003: 10:49am On Sep 23, 2014
Chanchit: Hediot.. Martins is too old, Iheanacho is too young. Martins and those home based players weh don pause their age go dey same age I sure...
weh don pause their age LOL ha ha ha grin grin
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 23, 2014
petezenith: I begin to wonder if this man knows what he is doing with this continuous refusal to invite our best players to don the colours of the national team. Last time I checked, mikel has been a bench warmer at chelsea. If keshi says Iheanacho has not broken into the first team of man city how bout mikel that has become a liability at his club and posts poor performances for the national team. If martins will be excluded for the national team cos of age why was a player like Ameobi that is old and not regular for club included at the world cup? We need to ask keshi wat his criteria is for a player being called into d national team. Our best legs are not in the super eagles. He says 'martins shud give the younger players a chance to display their talents' who are these younger players if not Iheanacho mr keshi? Emenike? or Igeibor? Its high time we get a competent coach for the eagles.
Wen some1 feels bigger dan their country, dis is wat dey get..all dis guys aside ihenacho of course at 1 tym or d other played 4 d country n nothn fruitful came out..dey might b gud players 4 dr clubs, bt we know its a diff story 4 nigeria...dis inexperienced 1s as u might want me to put it give dr all 4 our shirt....n dats wat matters most b4 any crazy talent
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 23, 2014
Lily4star:

Lol, Goodmorning Deary, I saw the topic initially but just didn't want to comment cos I hate repeating thesame thing over again.

Who's better between Martins and Amoebi?, he is the Coach, the Boss, we know we can't tell him what to do but the least he could do is listen to the opinion from the public, and select the reasonable ones, we re not saying Nacho should just magically take over Mikel, its not done that way, but just give the young man a slot and see what he has to offer as well as a host of other young players.

Seriously we re not talking about the Eagles of now, we want to ve a team for the future, in the next world cup year what ll the SE team look like?, will it be a team other teams would get frightened of?, or we ll just keep being mere participants in tournaments instead of making a remarkable impact.

Now he is making it obvious he is full of pride. Keshi is not that Coach that ll give us what we need, his team lacks tact, agility, no style of play, terrible with set-pieces, porous midfield, poor defence, and the annoying thing he isn't even doing anything about it.

Yet instead of taking the blame for hi poor performance after a match, he always gets to look for who to heep the blame on. What kind of a Coach does that?.

Nacho not breaking into the Man City first 11 isn't cos the lad aint good enough,

"The lad is very good, in training he is dangerous around the box, give him 5 chances and he ll convert 3"

So who wuld do beta?....u hav quickly 4gotten our years in d wilderneSs b4 sudden rise....keshi did all dat...we won d last nations cup, got to rnd of 16 of d world cup..we haven't had any greater feet dan dis in our history....let him continue as he has started...ihenacho wuld go to d next world cup, 4get d old fools dat had dr chances wit d team n mis used it.....mikel was exceptionally our pivot durin d nations cup, u can't throw all dat away in just a year ...if keshi records any sign of immense failure, den talk abt a change
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by Suljosh: 11:08am On Sep 23, 2014
Chanchit: Hediot.. Martins is too old, Iheanacho is too young. Martins and those home based players weh don pause their age go dey same age I sure...
can the NFF sack the bas-tard coach already? I don't like keshi, he's too pompous.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 23, 2014
born2fuck: I open my nyansh for you, make you come leak the poopoo wey dey inside , this one no be BULLSHIT, na Humanshit... Mumu yafunyafun, your time don expire

Hopeless slowpoke
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by mpowa(m): 11:19am On Sep 23, 2014
prinznazzy:
Wen some1 feels bigger dan their country, dis is wat dey get..all dis guys aside ihenacho of course at 1 tym or d other played 4 d country n nothn fruitful came out..dey might b gud players 4 dr clubs, bt we know its a diff story 4 nigeria...dis inexperienced 1s as u might want me to put it give dr all 4 our shirt....n dats wat matters most b4 any crazy talent

And what 've this guy's done to show they feel too big? What exactly did Ik Uche do, keshi hasn't told us till date. after 3yrs and several tournament Nigeria is rebuilding, don't worry the ones playing now will also be excluded soon on the next flimsy excuse and we'll start allover again as usual.
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by born2boink(m): 11:30am On Sep 23, 2014
mobuch:

Hopeless slowpoke
grin. grin. He pain ham oooo! Shai,the tin dey pain

1 Like

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by jomoh: 11:36am On Sep 23, 2014
Lily4star:

If I can like this comment a thousand and one times I would.

Perfectly analysed. I have nothing to say again. I think I will also follow suit on your Mikel and Keshi stance. I will even take it further to my previous stance which was to hibernate my mind from thinking anything SE. Let me go back to my beloved La Liga.

Thank you and wonderful morning to u too babe. Hope you're having a great day.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by enomakos(m): 11:52am On Sep 23, 2014
thank God keshi had vindicate me

i said it here that if you guys want iheanacho in the team

just pray for keshi sack

3 Likes

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by akoaki(m): 11:55am On Sep 23, 2014
Only the worst is considered the best in nigeria. Corruption is on the throne.

3 Likes

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 23, 2014
i so much hate KESHI...soteeee i con even forget wetin i won typ....use.less man

1 Like

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by Lily4star(f): 12:01pm On Sep 23, 2014
prinznazzy:
So who wuld do beta?....u hav quickly 4gotten our years in d wilderneSs b4 sudden rise....keshi did all dat...we won d last nations cup, got to rnd of 16 of d world cup..we haven't had any greater feet dan dis in our history....let him continue as he has started...ihenacho wuld go to d next world cup, 4get d old fools dat had dr chances wit d team n mis used it.....mikel was exceptionally our pivot durin d nations cup, u can't throw all dat away in just a year ...if keshi records any sign of immense failure, den talk abt a change

My Dear, your post is on point, fine we won the nations cup and Mikel was our Marshal in Midfield, so what's up with the loss of form, there's a difference between a player not at his best during a game, its understandable, but being in a poor form for a very long period of time it ll definitely arouse curiosity of the fans. We won the Nations Cup, why is thesame team lacking tact, agility, skill, connectivity now?, bring in some fresh legs and give the team a better blend. Nacho, Martins wouldn't stop Emenike and Mikel from playing. Trust me when you ve someone who can displace you in a team(not necessarily football) it makes you bring up your A game cos you ll feel threatened. Why is Mikel always on the bench in the Chelsea team?

And please stop being concerned about now, ask yourself in the next 4/5yrs how ll the SE team be like, what ll be the age and form of the players in the current squad.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by Lily4star(f): 12:08pm On Sep 23, 2014
jomoh:

If I can like this comment a thousand and one times I would.

Perfectly analysed. I have nothing to say again. I think I will also follow suit on your Mikel and Keshi stance. I will even take it further to my previous stance which was to hibernate my mind from thinking anything SE. Let me go back to my beloved La Liga.

Thank you and wonderful morning to u too babe. Hope you're having a great day.

I am, thank you, just Man United breaking my heart, since on sunday the left side of my chest has been paining me cry, beg LVG for me ooo, hope you re good too?
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by Paulpenny(m): 12:10pm On Sep 23, 2014
seunlayi: I have been a fan of keshi since his days at NNB of Benin in the early eighties but with the way things are now, I can boldly tell you that something is definitely wrong in his upstairs. I don't need to say much

HAHAHA

OMO

U BAD OOOO
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by cr7lomo: 12:21pm On Sep 23, 2014
mobuch:

Epileptic fool; spreading epilepsy since 1900

grin grin grin grin grin, classic , lmaooooooo
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by dozzynet(m): 12:43pm On Sep 23, 2014
I dont blame the cluelss man(with due respect to him though). I only blame the man at the top that allowed him to work without an existing contract. For this man to be working even without a contract, it means that he is obviously benefitting from the benevolence(bribe for a place) from the players. "Martins should leave the stage for the younger ones" "Iheanacho is not yet riped for the eagles". Yet people like Ameobi and Aiyenugba keep getting invited to the team. My question is, WHO THE IS MR.KESHI REFERING TO AS THE YOUNGER PLAYERS
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by easyelliot(m): 1:02pm On Sep 23, 2014
As a sports fan u reach a moment where u support ur team with vigour and passion and are blinded by said passion u don't see what non fans see.

If I wasn't Nigerian would I support this team? The answer is no. Why would I? Coach is acting as a Demi God, most recognizable player is MIA for country on the field and majority of the team can't hold a starting job except for a handful.

So what's not to support or like.
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by Ricardo2400(m): 1:09pm On Sep 23, 2014
TeamSimple: Keshi,end time coach.
hahahahaha *faints*
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by andyanders: 1:18pm On Sep 23, 2014
That is why Keshi is an idiot. Who told him that Iheanacho has a long way to go.
I want to challenge Keshi to now let him show the world the result he has gotten as a good coach after the failure at the world cup and no result from the AFN Cup qualification that he has so far played.
He lost to Congo democratic and drew with South Africa and he has the got to tell us nonsense here that Martins and Iheanacho has no place in the team he manages.

To me, if he said that, he is a complete compound fool that he has been. He left much better players and has been paying with those boys that maybe pay him.

Maybe Iheanacho has not gotten money to pay his way to the senior team.
I
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by Chanchit: 3:11pm On Sep 23, 2014
Suljosh: can the NFF sack the bas-tard coach already? I don't like keshi, he's too pompous.

I stopped watching their matches already, cos from beginning to end na so so swear I dey swear for dem, even after the match na so I go dey vex through out the day.
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by jomoh: 3:17pm On Sep 23, 2014
Lily4star:

I am, thank you, just Man United breaking my heart, since on sunday the left side of my chest has been paining me cry, beg LVG for me ooo, hope you re good too?

Babe abeg don't wound yourself because of this teams o. Just read a chelsea fan died upon seeing Lampard equalizer against his team.

Am a Barcelona supporter and I love the club not because they win most times but because of their style. The reason I like the club is more than football cos the club is also "Mes que un club" (more than a club).

So if they loose, it doesn't really affect me as long as they play to their style which I fell in love with and if they win playing their style then its a cherry on a cake.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by mrham03(m): 3:27pm On Sep 23, 2014
martins is old, and for iheanacho, his time isnt up yet. The problem with nigeria is the midfield, it has no creativity.
Re: Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 23, 2014
papaejima2: [b][/b]So because he won AFCON, he can coach for as long as he wants even though he clearly has taken Nigeria to the farthest he can? Just One win in the last eleven matches and this man is still keeping his job? One win in Eleven Matches?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Utd Have Become Toxic Under Woodward - Even Guardiola Would Struggle / Amobi Okoye Celebrates His 33rd Birthday Today / Karibe Ojigwe: Ex-Super Eagles footballer Nominated Commissioner In Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.