Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

I Dont Like My Mum - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Dont Like My Mum (3996 Views)

What Are Those House Chores That You Dont Like Doing? / Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum / His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Dont Like My Mum by Nobody: 5:41am On Sep 23, 2014
Ephee where I am now I can't receive nairaland private mails. Please mail chaircover or Godismystrength and ask for my email address. Godismystrength can give you my number. Call me let's talk small.
Re: I Dont Like My Mum by Nobody: 6:37am On Sep 23, 2014
She hates you becasue she hates your dad and each time she sees you she remembers your father. Some people just cant think straight and logicaly which is a big dissapointment.

It is very sad that you too did the opposite of what you should have done, which was to show her for folly and prove her wrong, but instead you gave her an oppourtunity to say that she was proved right

On the bright side, its not too late and its not over until its over. Get yourself a job ASAP. There is no chance to pick and choose. Get a job, move out and provide for yourself and your baby.
The truth is that your mum will probably never change, so there is no point living there and being the brunt of curses. You shoud not raise your daughter in that kind of environment. It is not healthy & God forbid history will repeat its self.

You are a mother now, and you need to protect your kid or the cycle of low esteem from hearing so much negetivity contunues

I pray that God opens His doors for you and gives you the wisdom and capability that you need to bring up your daughter and how to run the rest of your life
It is well.

4 Likes

Re: I Dont Like My Mum by Nobody: 6:40am On Sep 23, 2014
aisha2: Ephee where I am now I can't receive nairaland private mails. Please mail chaircover or Godismystrength and ask for my email address. Godismystrength can give you my number. Call me let's talk small.

Hi babes
Will do so if she asks kiss
Re: I Dont Like My Mum by Nobody: 6:53am On Sep 23, 2014
chaircover:
Hi babes

Bless you love kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: I Dont Like My Mum by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 23, 2014
chaircover:

Hi babes

chaircover plz can i av aisha2 number tru mail.i wil send u a pm
Re: I Dont Like My Mum by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 23, 2014
ephee:
chaircover plz can i av aisha2 number tru mail.i wil send u a pm

Ive sent it to you.
Re: I Dont Like My Mum by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 23, 2014
Ephee, you got my mail, right?
Re: I Dont Like My Mum by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 23, 2014
The solution to your problem lies largely on getting a job , fending for yourself and moving out!!!! Please put in more effort in searching for a job, no matter how little as long as it leaves u with some savings at the month end..

May God direct you, goodluck smiley
Re: I Dont Like My Mum by ifyalways(f): 9:25am On Sep 23, 2014
Sorry OP.

The only weapon that can overcome and win hate is love. Keep loving, don't expect it back but living in love is the strength that you'll need to overcome.

BTW, what went wrong between you and your hubby? Any hope of reconciliation?
Get a job, rent your own place, take care of yourself and baby, everything would fall back in place with time. All the best

1 Like

Re: I Dont Like My Mum by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 23, 2014
ifyalways: Sorry OP.

The only weapon that can overcome and win hate is love. Keep loving, don't expect it back but living in love is the strength that you'll need to overcome.

BTW, what went wrong between you and your hubby? Any hope of reconciliation?
Get a job, rent your own place, take care of yourself and baby, everything would fall back in place with time. All the best

my hubby was violent nd hits me almost evrytime which was d main reason i left coz it was life threatening.am not reconsiling coz i may end up dead one day.

5 Likes

Re: I Dont Like My Mum by ifyalways(f): 12:00pm On Sep 23, 2014
ephee:

my hubby was violent nd hits me almost evrytime which was d main reason i left coz it was life threatening.am not reconsiling coz i may end up dead one day.
OK.

Do get a job and save towards getting your own place, until then, put on robe of patience and love towards your mom, family and your self .
Re: I Dont Like My Mum by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 23, 2014
This is so heartbreaking. This is the kind of vicious circle we are talking about. It must be broken. Ephee, May God almighty see you through. Do not fret. You will come out strong again. Be determined to be a strong woman. Everyone else above me has said it all.
Re: I Dont Like My Mum by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 23, 2014
Op, I'm very sorry about your predicament.

soonest: Ephee, it is well with u. By God's grace u will get a job. When u do pls move out and rebuild ur life.
+1

1 Like

Re: I Dont Like My Mum by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 23, 2014
zeemoore: Ephee, you got my mail, right?

av replyed.chek
Re: I Dont Like My Mum by Nobody: 5:03am On Dec 15, 2014
ephee:
i am the first born of my parents but grew up with my mum because she separated from my dad when i was very little.ever since then she neva says good things about my dad because she also left due to domestic violence and her attitude towards me has been so unfair.she says negative words to me and condemns me a lot.she remarried later on and i can guarantee u that i love my step dad far more than her.at a point she succeeded to implant bad impressions about me and my step dad started behaving harsh to me too.

i have 2 steps which is a boy and a girl.my mum enslaves me for them in d name of being the eldest and she sometimes robe lies on me and accuses me of things i didnt do.sometimes she threatens she regret leaving with me nd almost burnt my result out of anger.
she refused to allow me go for one of my papers wen i was writing my WAEC.thank God it wasnt a core subject just because of mere accusations.

she curses me at evry slightest provocation nd talks down on me in front of my siblings.she neva appriciates all i do for her instead she condemns me more.

she worship d ground my steps walk on and allows them to have their way and do what pleases them even to the extend of controlling my step dad and encouraging my step brother to be rude to him.
all these and more which is what pushed me into the arms of wrong man nd i ended up being pregnant which i felt was a way of finally running away from my mums humiliation.

my mum stil caused problems for me in my marriage coz she wanted control my home which i refused nd it ended up in a quarell that lasted for over a year after which i eventually left my husband's house due to domestic violence back home.

am back to what i was running away from and it has relly gotten worse.each time she insult and say a lot of horrible tins to me that keeps me in tears. and make me know i and my baby ar burdens to her.
i cant even correct my junior ones anymore witout getting insulted in return.

am just doing everytin possible to stay strong for my baby coz i wil neva eved treat her the way my mum treated me. av been looking for jobs so that i can save up for my child and cater for her needs.

i dont know why she hates me this much.because my steps dont do more than half of what av been doing for her despite her attitude towards me.

how do i handle this situation coz there is no day that passes by that i dont shed tears.
I thank God,I'm nt alone in dis,dear just be strong and focus on ur child,breakthrough is coming ur way soon,say me hi to baby
Re: I Dont Like My Mum by Nobody: 5:12am On Dec 15, 2014
sheniqua:

Same thing I wanted to ask
It looks like the woman is taking out the hatred for her dad on her
She ended up married to a man just as abusive as her dad and she leaves to become a single mother who will end up someday with a second husband and having kids that will put her child in the same situation she is in.
The cycle continues
They need to break that cycle or that child of hers 20 years from today will have the same complaints
hmmmm,may God help us all out

1 Like

Re: I Dont Like My Mum by Nobody: 5:17am On Dec 15, 2014
ephee:

I'm afraid of violent men o,I think most of nigerian men re vry abusive to their wives,may God help us all

1 Like

Re: I Dont Like My Mum by Nobody: 6:24am On Dec 15, 2014
MojAyo:
I thank God,I'm nt alone in dis,dear just be strong and focus on ur child,breakthrough is coming ur way soon,say me hi to baby
mojayo thanks.God has relly been faithful nd in control i have to learn to love,forgive nd b patient.
i guess she noticed my sudden attitude of ignoring her insults since am working towards getting a job or starting sometin.

am getting stronger nd better.
Re: I Dont Like My Mum by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 15, 2014
ephee:

mojayo thanks.God has relly been faithful nd in control i have to learn to love,forgive nd b patient.
i guess she noticed my sudden attitude of ignoring her insults since am working towards getting a job or starting sometin.

am getting stronger nd better.
yeah dats good,u see those mothers can make u do something u dnt wanna do,or say something dat will spoil everything,I guess her harshness towards was for d fact dat as her first child,u didn't make her proud by getting pregnant and also getting married to an irresponsible man dat later kicked u out,and also for d fact she is the one taking care of u and d baby financially,dats what's making her behaves like dat towards u,why dnt u reconcile back with ur man ,or is it dat bad,and always put everything in prayers,its well,I just want to let u knw u re nt alone,so dnt get urself depressed,can I pm u
Re: I Dont Like My Mum by Nobody: 7:16am On Dec 15, 2014
MojAyo:
yeah dats good,u see those mothers can make u do something u dnt wanna do,or say something dat will spoil everything,I guess her harshness towards was for d fact dat as her first child,u didn't make her proud by getting pregnant and also getting married to an irresponsible man dat later kicked u out,and also for d fact she is the one taking care of u and d baby financially,dats what's making her behaves like dat towards u,why dnt u reconcile back with ur man ,or is it dat bad,and always put everything in prayers,its well,I just want to let u knw u re nt alone,so dnt get urself depressed,can I pm u

mojayo i cant reconcile coz i nid to b alive for my child. i tolerated quite a lot nd it got life threatening.

av moved on. u can pm me. thanks

1 Like

Re: I Dont Like My Mum by mutter(f): 11:06am On Dec 15, 2014
Only God can help you!
I just feel your pain and it is so sad because when parents maltreat their children these children have nowhere to turn to. The Government and churches ought to have such facilities.
We grow up at the complete mercy of our parents and woe betide you if they are abussive.
I know a woman that was in a very abusive relationship too and she tried often to run back home but her mum was invalid and the dad remarried. It was hell for he because the step mum did everything possible to frustrate her and the dad would ask her to go back to her husband and learn to be humble.
The last time she ran home the father pounced on her and beat her after she had just showered, he threw her out of the house naked. He did not stop at that, he pinned her on the ground and raise a machete on her. Thank God people intervened on time.
That was the last time she ever fled home from her husband.
The madness of it was that she was stupid enough to tell her husband what happened, perhaps she felt it would make him pity her and not treat her so badly. It only made matters worse because he knew she could not run home again and he would flaunt it at her that she was only staying because she had no one to go to because her family had rejected her.

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Like My Mum by KanwuliaJara: 1:15pm On Dec 15, 2014
You remind her of your dad. . . .
So she is transferring her emotions by misplaced aggression.
Find a way to 'grow up' and leave her presence.
She is a bad influence. . .

A good mother NEVER shows favoritism among her children. . . with or without the same fathers.

Sorry to say. . .YOUR MOM IS MENTALLY-CHALLENGED!
Apologies! kiss

3 Likes

Re: I Dont Like My Mum by Youngpo413: 5:21am On Dec 16, 2014
ephee:

my dad is very much alive and i living in isolation and regret.pride and stubborness made him not to look for me because he blived since my mum left wit me then he has no business catering for my upkeep except i leave my mum and relocate to live wit one of his siblings who he belived wil take good care of me.staying wit a relative was a no go area coz my dad's sister s hubby was alredy eyeing me nd gave me a condition on a note that i slept wit him befor funding any expenses which i refused.
my dad is also heaping blames on me for not leaving my mum to live wit him.

go back to your dad,you are better-off with him than your mum...what a sad story.
Pls be strong,God bless you

1 Like

Re: I Dont Like My Mum by Nobody: 5:55am On Dec 16, 2014
ephee:

mojayo i cant reconcile coz i nid to b alive for my child. i tolerated quite a lot nd it got life threatening.
av moved on. u can pm me. thanks

What kind of business can you do? Send me a detailed business plan while you wait for job.

I dont support moving out for now till you have some financial footing living alone can be expensive.

Call me in the morning and mail me a detailed business plan lets see.

Cost the business plus a possible repayment plan. Start small oh

2 Likes

Re: I Dont Like My Mum by Youngpo413: 6:10am On Dec 16, 2014
ephee:

hmmmm...what a man

1 Like

Re: I Dont Like My Mum by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 16, 2014
aisha2:

What kind of business can you do? Send me a detailed business plan while you wait for job.

I dont support moving out for now till you have some financial footing living alone can be expensive.

Call me in the morning and mail me a detailed business plan lets see.

Cost the business plus a possible repayment plan. Start small oh
yeah,living alone is vry expensive,she need to start frm somewhere and take all d insults for now,God bless u Aisha for helping dis lady out
Re: I Dont Like My Mum by fpeter(f): 3:56pm On Jan 05, 2015
I read this with nostalgia, i had similar or worse experience with my mum.....it was sheer providence that
helped me survive and graduate Uni,now i even have an MBA...i wont tell you it was an easy road but then
it was a struggle,i hated my mum as much as she hated me or even much more than she hated me,i was a
very sad child. She didn't hide the fact that she hated me for ruining her life and chances, hated my father
whom she divorced when i was only 2weeks old,i had a fair share of low esteem amongst peers,cousins and
neighbours...it is a miracle i survived all the beatings,curses,mistreatment,sleeping out in the cold,my dear I
saw hell as a child but today i am a far cry from that! I am wiser,bigger and yards better than she imagined
I have fulfilled destiny, from a near destitute to someone of repute. I tell you sis, your mum even gave you
a roof over your head? My mum would NEVER! have accommodated me with a child...i know what you are
passing through cos i was there,i've been through it but Alas! she is no more...nobody to vent my anger on
nobody to show that I made it, i didn't turnout a lowlife as she had envisaged, instead of anger i now pity
her, i am older now and understand she also was not happy, she didn't know better so couldn't bring herself
to love me. I have forgiven her, I have moved on and I am free at last! knowing fully well that my children
would NEVER experience what i suffered as a youngster...Keep the faith my dear, God is not asleep....

3 Likes

Re: I Dont Like My Mum by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jan 05, 2015
fpeter:
I read this with nostalgia, i had similar or worse experience with my mum.....it was sheer providence that
helped me survive and graduate Uni,now i even have an MBA...i wont tell you it was an easy road but then
it was a struggle,i hated my mum as much as she hated me or even much more than she hated me,i was a
very sad child. She didn't hide the fact that she hated me for ruining her life and chances, hated my father
whom she divorced when i was only 2weeks old,i had a fair share of low esteem amongst peers,cousins and
neighbours...it is a miracle i survived all the beatings,curses,mistreatment,sleeping out in the cold,my dear I
saw hell as a child but today i am a far cry from that! I am wiser,bigger and yards better than she imagined
I have fulfilled destiny, from a near destitute to someone of repute. I tell you sis, your mum even gave you
a roof over your head? My mum would NEVER! have accommodated me with a child...i know what you are
passing through cos i was there,i've been through it but Alas! she is no more...nobody to vent my anger on
nobody to show that I made it, i didn't turnout a lowlife as she had envisaged, instead of anger i now pity
her, i am older now and understand she also was not happy, she didn't know better so couldn't bring herself
to love me. I have forgiven her, I have moved on and I am free at last! knowing fully well that my children
would NEVER experience what i suffered as a youngster...Keep the faith my dear, God is not asleep....
Re: I Dont Like My Mum by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 05, 2015
fpeter:

thanks fpeter.luv u for this.d lord is ur strength

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Wife Hates Me. I Feel Hopeless And Depressed. I Don't Know What To Do... / My Sister's Husband Is Lazy But He Helps Her With House Chores / Who Is Enjoying The Fruits Of Your Labour?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.