Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,291 members, 7,954,166 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:30 PM

Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] (58751 Views)

Armed Robber Lynched By Mob In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) / Car Thief Burnt To Death By Angry Mob In Lagos (Photos) / Robbers Who Stole Huge Sum Of Money Set Ablaze By Mob In Anambra(Graphics Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 23, 2014
Hmmm...we still have a long way to go.
...they tried kidnapping my friend in that same Cali last month on her way back from mid-week service, she had to jump from the window...the girl na die hard.
Re: Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] by born2boink(m): 2:57pm On Sep 23, 2014
Any arm as evidence first before jungle justice.
Re: Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 23, 2014
Femistico: is it possible to kidnap a grown up girl btw 3.30-4.30pm?...
well if its true dats dere luck

This situation is very tricky
Re: Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 23, 2014
Dem no nake:d dem gon.. If to-say na for lagos, dem go don nake:d dem, cut-off their diicks and burst their balls.
Re: Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 23, 2014
BreezyRita:
Eh eh?? You've not seen very rough toasters o! The #itsByForce kind.........
Anyways, these people shouldn't have taken the law into their hands! I mean, even if they were kidnappers,is this the best
Thought we'd learnt better from Aluu??

if a guy tries to kidnap my sister or daughter, you think i will wait for police? hell naw
Re: Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] by condralbede(m): 3:03pm On Sep 23, 2014
Adufetohposh: Serves them right! Blood thirsty demons... I wonder what would av been d lady's fate if they had succeeded. angry
How sure are you aunty?That this dudes are kidnappers
Re: Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] by Jaydon123(m): 3:07pm On Sep 23, 2014
Has this country ever heard of 'Due Process'? 'Innocent until proven guilty'? What if this girl had lied and these men died as a result? Nigeria needs to change this is just uncivilised and barbaric.
Re: Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] by RaptorX: 3:09pm On Sep 23, 2014
Africans are a barbaric and senseless race of people, how can you determine someones guilt right on the spot without going through a competent court of law. Just backward in every facet of life.

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] by fujirice: 3:10pm On Sep 23, 2014
donnypool:

mr man, how many girls have you toasted that shouted kidnap on you?
have you ever experienced a kidnapping scene?
Someone rightly asked, 'any weapon found on them?'
That girl never talk wetin really happen
Re: Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] by izenco2005(m): 3:11pm On Sep 23, 2014
Claroo: I'm against Jungle Justice. We are nt even sure whether it was a False Alarm or not.
ur mad angry
Re: Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 23, 2014
fujirice:
have you ever experienced a kidnapping scene?
Someone rightly asked, 'any weapon found on them?'
That girl never talk wetin really happen

How many girls have you toasted that screamed kidnap on you. because non have screamed kidnap on me

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 23, 2014
RaptorX: Africans are a barbaric and senseless race of people, how can you determine someones guilt right on the spot without going through a competent court of law. Just backward in every facet of life.

you are a mad goat, who started lynching? africans or americans?
Re: Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] by Claroo(m): 3:16pm On Sep 23, 2014
izenco2005: ur mad angry
Thanks
Re: Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 23, 2014
Re: Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] by suzyluv(f): 3:24pm On Sep 23, 2014
say NO to jungle justice!!!
Re: Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 23, 2014
A lot of barbarians on thos forum. No questions asked, just kill the man mentality. SMHFUA. The girl needs to be interrogated to get to the bottom of it. I have seen a situation where a woman was robbed in the wee hours of the morning when it was still pretty dark and 4hours later, the woman raised alarm on sighting some one with a similar color clothing. An angry mob descended on him but for the timely intervention of one of them who heard the way he spoke and halted the mob action only for the woman to realize her mistake and disappear. The main instigators just fizzled out when they found out they were in trouble. Jungle justice is never the solution. Someone could mistakenly identify you and u may not have the opportunity to defend yourself. Kidnappers? Without any weapons? Even if na catapult or kitchen knife? In front of school gate? I doubt that. Let the police do their job and investigate the matter. They should prosecute the girl if found guilty of raising false alarm leading to attempted multiple homicide or the guys if truly a kidnap attempt was made. Nigerians vent your frustrations on your thieving government and not on the common masses. Jungle justice never solves any problems. It has never stopped crime from occuring anywhere. Many innocent souls are wasted in this manner.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 23, 2014
Re: Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] by larryUG(m): 3:29pm On Sep 23, 2014
Adufetohposh: Serves them right! Blood thirsty demons... I wonder what would av been d lady's fate if they had succeeded. angry
wt if it was a false alarm like the aluu 4? has it occured to u? the mob acted only on the alarm of the gal. all it takes for pple to kill u in this lagos is for someone to shout 'ritualist, kidnapper'. the rest is history

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] by iceberylin(m): 3:30pm On Sep 23, 2014
Kachisbarbie: Hmmm...we still have a long way to go.
...they tried kidnapping my friend in that same Cali last month on her way back from mid-week service, she had to jump from the window...the girl na die hard.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] by xtervaganza(m): 3:33pm On Sep 23, 2014
One major problem we have in this country is that we don't learn from history.......

What if the guys were not really kidnappers?

The tragic case of the four uniport boys is enough to teach us lessons

The fact it happened around unical says a lot about our education system

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 23, 2014
Lilimax:
You took the words from my mouth.
Poor girl.... shouting they wan kidnap my punnny. Who she be to enable kidnapping?
Re: Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] by Orokita(m): 3:49pm On Sep 23, 2014
eleojo23: It wasn't stated anywhere that they were confirmed kidnappers.
There is so much violence/ hate flowing in the blood of many.

Even if they were really kidnappers, did they have to be beaten to near-death? Couldn't they have been subdued and handed over to the authorities?
This practice of people always taking laws into their hands is the height of crudeness. And to think that this was carried out within the environs of an academic community, one begins to wonder what they are really learning.

Yes, we should frown at evil but there are better ways to do it than acting like barbarians.
Sorry pls are you a kidnapper
Re: Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] by adedayourt(m): 3:50pm On Sep 23, 2014
faceURfront:
How did the mob know that d young men are kidnappers?
This happened a Long time ago though....

An hausa man was been mobed by angry guys, d man could only shout back in hausa but frm his gesture one would kno he was pleadin nd tryin to xplain somtin, but guys no jus listen, he was being beaten mercilessly.
4tunatly a well known policeman(in mofti) but we'll known in d street who understands hausa to interven nd intepreted d hausa man

The hausa man said he had a wife nd 5 kids without a job, his children wer starvin at home so he needed to do somtin fast, he has neva begged but had to do it dat day to save his family
While beggin he was givin biscuit nd his prob wasn't biscuit. So he saw a little girl cryin nd decided to giv d biscuit to d child only fr d mum to com around nd raise alarm(imagine d way yoruba woman can bhave in dat instance) nd mob decended on him.

Some shouted "na lie" odas walked away in shame.
I really pitied d man, cus his face was so much rearranged.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] by Eneze1(f): 3:54pm On Sep 23, 2014
erad: 'suspected kidnappers' in my opinion. For all I care, it might be a toasting attempt gone wrong and it's just wrong to conclude they are kidnappers when you didn't even bother following them to the police station to hear their side of the story.

So much venom we reserve for ourselves. A false alarm or unfounded suspicion is all we need to turn on a fellow human like we are not one.

The government has failed us but most importantly, we have failed ourselves and generations unborn.

GBAM, you couldn't have said it better. Thank God some Nigerians still reason with their brain
Re: Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] by Saraha1(f): 4:02pm On Sep 23, 2014
No evidence of kidnapping aside from a lady shouted and they have to treat them in this way.

Am sure this was how the Allu 4 started .
Re: Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 23, 2014
you dey quick vex ooo shocked shocked shocked
Re: Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] by lastpage: 4:05pm On Sep 23, 2014
I have read a lot of people calling "themselves" barbaric, blood thirsty, e.t.c.,..... because the people resorted to jungle justice.

But should you not take a pause to ask: Assuming the people are civilized, ....and decide to just handle the 'suspected kidnappers' to the Police, as would be done in very civilized climate, what would happen next?

Well, l will tell you:
The Police will take a long look at them (as they often do with "pulic-arrested" armed robbers) as just PRONOUNCE A HEFTY FINE ON THEM, TO BE POCKETED BY THE POLICE OFFICER! THE CRIMINALS WALK FREE, WITH AN ADMONITION TO "PERFECT THEIR ACT SO THAT NEXT TIME THEY ARE NOT CAUGHT
END OF STORY!!

I am sure we have seen this scenario play out over and over again.
This is what pushes "decent people" to the point of jungle Justice.
They have lost interest and confidence in the ability of the Police and our Judiciary, to deliver justice.
And where the "system" fails in its duty to deliver justice, it is only logical and expected that the people will themselves deliver that justice, in the best way they know how!

So, instead of just heaping blame on the populace, let us first do something about our social and justice system.

A o'lefi e'tee sile, ka ma'pa lapalapa (We cant continue to expend energy on ring worm, while ignoring Leprosy! (Yoruba adage).
The people's behaviour is the "Ring worm" while the root cause of the problem itself is the "Leprosy"!

Most people fail to realize that the world, our nation Nigeria and even to a micro-level of the Family Unit is made up of a "closed system" where the laws of Nature and Laws of Physics inter-play.
In that closed system, "Action and Reaction" becomes "Equal and Opposite" such that if one goes up, the other goes down to compensate, in other to maintain a state of "Equilibrum"

Let me break it down a lil'bit.

In a society (closed system) where the Police and Judiciary do their work properly, where laws are enforced and corruption is tackled savagely, crimes like kidnapping, jungle justice, ritual murder, brazen looting of national resources, political thuggery, e.t.c. ... WILL BE MINIMIZED TO THE BAREST MINIMUM.
The people will just hand-over any suspected criminal, to law enforcement agents, knowing FOR SURE that justice will be done.

The reverse is also true in another society (closed system) like Nigeria.
THINK ABOUT IT FOR A MINUTE AND DRAW EXAMPLES FROM OTHER COUNTRIES.

So, like my people will say, which do you tackle first?
The peoples behaviour ..... or what makes them behave like that (or what could STOP them behaving like that)?

As a people, we must understand that FIRST and FOREMOST, we must make effort to ensure that the "structures" of civilized bahaviour put in place (Police, Judiciary, EFCC, Law and Justice, Customs, SSS, Teachers, Politicians, especially Representatives, e.t.c) all do their job.

Naturally, the people will "follow".... as they are nothing but FOLLOWERS.
Right now, they are just "following" what they see: A failed Nation!

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] by eleojo23: 4:05pm On Sep 23, 2014
Orokita:
Sorry pls are you a kidnapper
if my comment makes you suspect such and also considering similar comments on this thread condemning this act, then we have many kidnappers here.
This is the same way, many people play jury, judge and executioner all combined.. It's crude behaviour, i repeat.

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] by StPete: 4:06pm On Sep 23, 2014
Sometimes we should not really feel pity for these criminals.

Just 2days ago, I was robbed off my iPad Air and the motherfucker walked away gracefully after seizing the item from me.
If such a person is caught, why in the world does he not deserve Jungle Justice?
You might say it doesn't cost so much to buy an iPad but the audacity he had to seize an item that doesn't belong to him
is enough for anyone to burn him alive.

You don't know what or how it feels to be robbed or kidnapped until you find yourself in such situation,
then every action taken would become justifiable.

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] by SHOCK7(m): 4:07pm On Sep 23, 2014
Relax babe u don't know d full story,jungle justice is not d way 2 go. angry
Re: Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] by erico2k2(m): 4:11pm On Sep 23, 2014
donnypool:

mr man, how many girls have you toasted that shouted kidnap on you?
U seem to forget 2hat happened in Rivers Allo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Disfigures Her Friend's Face Over N950 (graphic Photos) / Full List Of The Patrons Of Okija Shrine (Throwback) / Hope Olusegun Aroke: Fraudster Coordinates Yahoo Yahoo Operations From Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.