Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,326 members, 7,819,116 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Edx - An Educative Online Program - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Edx - An Educative Online Program (26686 Views)

Nairalanders Attending Edx By MIT And Harvard University Connect With Us Here / Please Can Anyone Tell Me If University Of Caribean Mba Online Program Is Real? / The Educative Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by ceejayluv(m): 7:51pm On Sep 25, 2014
Cool... Another impressive site is www.iversity.org
Only prob is limited data subscription.

2 Likes

Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 25, 2014
The FMOH has discharged ALL the remaining Ebola contacts under follow up in both Lagos and PH. There are NO cases in the isolation centers. Ebola has been successfully contained in Nigeria. We need to remain extremely vigilant and follow strict hygienic practices. Keep safe, Wash your hands regularly.

Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by olycholy(f): 7:56pm On Sep 25, 2014
readone1: edx is a nice platform to learn different courses from diverse area of interest. I have received 4 certificates from this great platform and still counting at no cost
Which type of certificate cos I know one has to donate less than $250 for verified certificate.
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 25, 2014
Enrolling immediately. Time to booost cv.

1 Like

Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by elougo(m): 8:01pm On Sep 25, 2014
SirElaw: Cool. After getting a degree in Electronic and Electrical Engineering, I might just be using my NYSC year to get a degree in Law. It won't be easy, but I'll give it a try.

am interested, how possible is that
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by chumakk: 8:01pm On Sep 25, 2014
good but why do they offer course in english lauguage but after you applied for it you will see another language
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by WoodcrestMayor(m): 8:04pm On Sep 25, 2014
Great platform to learn and interact wit students who share same passion(s) worldwide.
Dropped outta globalization last year cos of internet issues...couldn't keep up wit lecture videos.
I'll be back soon.
Thanks for d reminder OP
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by chumakk: 8:05pm On Sep 25, 2014
readone1: edx is a nice platform to learn different courses from diverse area of interest. I have received 4 certificates from this great platform and still counting at no cost
well done

1 Like

Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by WoodcrestMayor(m): 8:06pm On Sep 25, 2014
Dis wasn't d case wen I put in.
Look thru d interface carefully...your dashboard too.There shuld be a solution lurking somewhere there.smiley
chumakk: good but why do they offer course in english lauguage but after you applied for it you will see another language

1 Like

Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by sCross: 8:09pm On Sep 25, 2014
Here we go again Nigerians; hustling to get lots of certificates to get the dream job.

Stop !!!

Understand that It's not about the certificates. it's about the knowledge and what you can do with it without necessarily having a job
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by Clinton207: 8:13pm On Sep 25, 2014
Its very educative, I'm currently running two courses @ d moment.
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by EmoBoy(m): 8:15pm On Sep 25, 2014
I use coursera. The reasons most nigeria won't patronise such open educational resources is the cost of internet. A single course consumes about 2 gb of data and the course stretches over a month, so a nigerian student or education enthusiast has to spend about 5 to 8k for data subscription. Many nigerians find this discouraging, especially the students.

4 Likes

Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by sammybrainy(m): 8:22pm On Sep 25, 2014
EmoBoy: I use coursera. The reasons most nigeria won't patronise such open educational resources is the cost of internet. A single course consumes about 2 gb of data and the course stretches over a month, so a nigerian student or education enthusiast has to spend about 5 to 8k for data subscription. Many nigerians find this discouraging, especially the students.
I use courser as well. Very true, data required is the main challenge.
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by onlysose(m): 8:28pm On Sep 25, 2014
Guys this is all you need an atlas that will show you where to go http://atlas.edupunksguide.org/
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 25, 2014
chibwike: its not ur buisness and u responded Mr rice

Hahahahaha. So mani funi ppl full NL I swear smiley

1 Like

Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by chumakk: 8:30pm On Sep 25, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: Dis wasn't d case wen I put in.
Look thru d interface carefully...your dashboard too.There shuld be a solution lurking somewhere there.smiley
okay
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by readone1(m): 8:32pm On Sep 25, 2014
olycholy:
Which type of certificate cos I know one has to donate less than $250 for verified certificate.
honour code certificates are for free check the certificate i uploaded but if you want verified certificate you might need to donate some amount of money depending on the kind of course
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by chumakk: 8:33pm On Sep 25, 2014
EmoBoy: I use coursera. The reasons most nigeria won't patronise such open educational resources is the cost of internet. A single course consumes about 2 gb of data and the course stretches over a month, so a nigerian student or education enthusiast has to spend about 5 to 8k for data subscription. Many nigerians find this discouraging, especially the students.
That's true. I don't use gb for my internet. I used 5gb within 3days once and cheesy o boy
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 25, 2014
olycholy:
Thanks dear, I really need the certificate. U know how this country is. I love their courses. The one I want to reg for started on 15th please can I still participate by next month?

true that. if it started on the 15th, to get a verified certificate, you will need to register early i believe. maybe within 3 weeks or so but it varies from course to course. some courses also have multiple offerings a year, so if you miss this just look out for the next one.
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 25, 2014
keypad1: is it possible ro do mba ?

not to my knowledge. you can take individual courses or even a group of courses in different tracks - eg finance etc but you wont get a degree off of it. If you want an MBA online, you will have to register in one of those online universities eg phoenix or walden etc. I dont know how prestigious these institutions are and it will cost you some money.

But you can definitely take MBA type courses on coursera or edx.
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 25, 2014
I will check it out. Btw let me bookmark it.
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:45pm On Sep 25, 2014
codedflowz: Thanks Op

I've been looking for something like this for some time now.

God bless you.

Btw, This is the type of thread that should be making FP.

uwc.
thanks a lot.
WoodcrestMayor: Great platform to learn and interact wit students who share same passion(s) worldwide.
Dropped outta globalization last year cos of internet issues...couldn't keep up wit lecture videos.
I'll be back soon.
Thanks for d reminder OP
codedflowz: Thanks Op

I've been looking for something like this for some time now.

God bless you.

Btw, This is the type of thread that should be making FP.

uwc.
thanks a lot.
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by DaBullIT(m): 8:46pm On Sep 25, 2014
Internet data not the problem. What's discouraging is labour market. Will the certificate be recognized ?
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:47pm On Sep 25, 2014
elougo:

am interested, how possible is that

Hello.
Just click on that link and login and that's all
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by NaLaugh: 8:52pm On Sep 25, 2014
EdX was founded by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Harvard University in May 2012

Na there you go see Naija guys and babes wey take 1 course on the platform-

Guyman: So, baby what do you do?.. Work?.. school?

Babe: ashually, i attend Havard University.

2 Likes

Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by kennedyugo: 9:01pm On Sep 25, 2014
Confirm! that platform is wonderful. Have obtained two certs.
Very engaging and challenging courses. I encourage everyone, you can use your spare to time to learn one or two things.
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 25, 2014
Wonderful Post, I just registered.Thanks
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 25, 2014
Oletty: I am currently following an 8 week technology course on Edx. So far, I have completed the fourth week. I never believed I could be steadfast, having a full time job and family to look after. But, so far, it's been working out.

I would advise Nigerian undergraduates to take advantage of the wealth of materials on Edx. I finished university 15 years ago when the internet was barely known in Nigeria.

Knowledge is power and such power brings economic success.
does it work in the mobile platform

1 Like

Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 25, 2014
kennedyugo: Confirm! that platform is wonderful. Have obtained two certs.
Very engaging and challenging courses. I encourage everyone, you can use your spare to time to learn one or two things.
can it work on mobile phones ?

1 Like

Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by ednut2001: 9:30pm On Sep 25, 2014
I have been on Edx since last year, taken about two courses... You need internet sha oo
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by Ghost01(m): 9:31pm On Sep 25, 2014
Signed up for cs50 and two other courses early this year. Have since stopped though. Still hoping to continue and complete the courses before the year runs out sha. For those interested in Intro. to Comp. Sci. I (cs50), you'll love (the approach of) the lecturer -- David J. Malan.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Picks Boy Sent Out Of School In Awka And Decides To Train Him (Pics) / Where Can I Learn French? / UNILORIN Student Gets First-Class In Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.