Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,812 members, 7,956,071 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:11 AM

Edx - An Educative Online Program - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Edx - An Educative Online Program (26976 Views)

Nairalanders Attending Edx By MIT And Harvard University Connect With Us Here / Please Can Anyone Tell Me If University Of Caribean Mba Online Program Is Real? / The Educative Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:22pm On Sep 26, 2014
Debayurr: Thank God sum1 finally came up with this topic mhen. I had a training sometimes last year and my instructor actually briefed me about the site. Buh the problem is that,am not used to all this online courseware and always have this feeling in my head that I need an internet connection for my laptop on a 24/7 basis to run the program..my question exactly is, do u think otherwise like its possible I can complete the program with mere mobile phone(e.g Bold5) without gettin stuck on the way cos I rilly can't keep up with PC subscription as am unemployed ryt now *sad face*

Lol. Sorry bro.
I feel your pain.

Bold 5 should be okay, you just have to use the 'desktop view' to access the web page, their pages doesnt consume much data.

The only prob i think u can have is when downloading the videos and transcripts. But if its unlimited bb plan, it should be okay.

Moreso, it'l be more adviceable for u to register and check it out on a PC, so that you can have a feel of the site and navigation of the site.
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by Kennyfancy(m): 12:25pm On Sep 26, 2014
Pls hw do i collect my result ?
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:32pm On Sep 26, 2014
Niftyrules:

Good work bro,you've done what I almost wanted to do before. Am also a registered student at edx.org good work bro no one would have done it better.

Thanks bro.

Which courses(s) are you studying?
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:33pm On Sep 26, 2014
Kennyfancy: Pls hw do i collect my result ?

It'll be sent to your mail at the completion of your course.
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:35pm On Sep 26, 2014
jurist21: .
how do I register for courses on the site I already have an account there.
please help

check for 'find course'
search for d course u want and click on it, then you would see the option of registering for the course.
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:41pm On Sep 26, 2014
neejay1986: Thanks Op! I'm finding this interesting. Please, how do I choose the course I want to offer? I've seen the course I want to put in for though, after clicking on the course I don't know what to do again. Please help!!!

When you click on d course, you should be able to see something like Audit this Course, click on it. And that's all
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by laykhorn(m): 1:00pm On Sep 26, 2014
LogoDWhiz: Anyone checked this out?

I took the course, Intro to Computer Programming in July/August, although I was unable to finish but It was a really great experience.
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 26, 2014
DonaldTrump: i started Circuit & Electronics buh dropped out too..thats since 2012.

Y'all should check out this site:www.gcflearnfree.org
its also free.
already gotten a couple of certificates from there.
I also did the edx Circuit and Electronics in 2012, I was to lucky to pass, and I am now an alumnus of MIT.
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by frekyfrik(f): 2:25pm On Sep 26, 2014
Thanks a million Logo, Will check it out at once!
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by LogoDWhiz(m): 2:29pm On Sep 26, 2014
frekyfrik: Thanks a million Logo, Will check it out at once!
Uwc. Glad i could help
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by donciccio: 2:59pm On Sep 26, 2014
@Op, nice information you brought here. I've tried two different courses at different times but dropped out as a result of my work time and internet going off/on. Anyway will keep trying now that you've challenged us.
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by millionboi(m): 3:49pm On Sep 26, 2014
is the certificate recognise in nigeria
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by ugotex85: 4:07pm On Sep 26, 2014
Good info. Please can one offer courses like Law, Medicine, Music on the site and have the appropriate certificates issued, let's say for free or for a token?
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by pricelessmr: 5:49pm On Sep 26, 2014
I did the pilot program in march 2012, completing circuits and electronics with distinction to the admiration of colleagues and staff, due to my location.

It was a unique experience.
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by izzychap: 5:51pm On Sep 26, 2014
openlearning.com is another nice platform. You can download course materials and video for your studies - offline. Complete assignments and upload when online.
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by olycholy(f): 7:44pm On Sep 26, 2014
tk4rd: CERTIFICATES.!!!
Do they give certificates.?
Is it diploma or degree certificate they offer.?
Yes they give certificates (honor code which is free n verified certificate which u hv to pay for ).

1 Like

Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by Samalex2008(m): 9:29pm On Sep 26, 2014
Nice job @OP and others here. I have registered with this edx sometimes but I never try a course. I guess, this will give me motivation to do somethins ASAP.

I have a course I have been offering on alison.com for almost a year but the data consumption sucks because it is video-graphic and cannot be downloaded. In the case of edx, coursera can they be downloaded and study later?
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by franconian: 9:34pm On Sep 26, 2014
@all, "Programming Mobile Applications for Android Handheld Systems": that course is currently on coursera, it starts today. You can still register if u like....nothing much yet, it's just the introduction.

"Developing Innovative Ideas for New Companies: The First Step in Entrepreneurship": This one starts on 29/09.

For those complaining about data sub, I know how it feels to see that exciting course, enrolled for it but couldn't make any progress cos of the expensiveness of data sub in our country. I will advice you try the mtn sme package guys cos their data are quite cheap.
And also, If you have an andriod mtk phone, better. I sub 1k for 3gb for one month.
If u have a bb, great. Simply sub it and go to class smiley, It will download all you videos and course materials....transfer them to your pc.

For those worried about a 247 data connection....u really don't need to be connected all the time, you can learn at your own pace. Just make sure you meet "deadlines".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by franconian: 9:36pm On Sep 26, 2014
Samalex2008: Nice job @OP and others here. I have registered with this edx sometimes but I never try a course. I guess, this will give me motivation to do somethins ASAP.

I have a course I have been offering on alison.com for almost a year but the data consumption sucks because it is video-graphic and cannot be downloaded. In the case of edx, coursera can they be downloaded and study later?

Don't know for edx, but coursera allows download of course materials.
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by LogoDWhiz(m): 9:38pm On Sep 26, 2014
Samalex2008: Nice job @OP and others here. I have registered with this edx sometimes but I never try a course. I guess, this will give me motivation to do somethins ASAP.

thaks.
yup bro
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by franconian: 9:40pm On Sep 26, 2014
ugotex85: Good info. Please can one offer courses like Law, Medicine, Music on the site and have the appropriate certificates issued, let's say for free or for a token?

No. The best you can find are specific courses in Law, Med, etc. By the way, they are not giving you a degree!

1 Like

Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by LogoDWhiz(m): 9:40pm On Sep 26, 2014
ugotex85: Good info. Please can one offer courses like Law, Medicine, Music on the site and have the appropriate certificates issued, let's say for free or for a token?

There are courses similar to them. just check it out.

and yes. they are for free.

1 Like

Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by jurist21(m): 9:58pm On Sep 26, 2014
LogoDWhiz:

check for 'find course'
search for d course u want and click on it, then you would see the option of registering for the course.
am searching and clicking yet no registration option is coming up what do I do?
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by LogoDWhiz(m): 10:04pm On Sep 26, 2014
jurist21: am searching and clicking yet no registration option is coming up what do I do?

if youve seen d course u want.

u should see d option of audit this course. click on it.

u can check the faq section for more info
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by Samalex2008(m): 2:12am On Sep 27, 2014
franconian: @all, "Programming Mobile Applications for Android Handheld Systems": that course is currently on coursera, it starts today. You can still register if u like....nothing much yet, it's just the introduction.

"Developing Innovative Ideas for New Companies: The First Step in Entrepreneurship": This one starts on 29/09.

For those complaining about data sub, I know how it feels to see that exciting course, enrolled for it but couldn't make any progress cos of the expensiveness of data sub in our country. I will advice you try the mtn sme package guys cos their data are quite cheap.
And also, If you have an andriod mtk phone, better. I sub 1k for 3gb for one month.
If u have a bb, great. Simply sub it and go to class smiley, It will download all you videos and course materials....transfer them to your pc.

For those worried about a 247 data connection....u really don't need to be connected all the time, you can learn at your own pace. Just make sure you meet "deadlines".

Pls, how do u sub for 3gb with 1k on mtk android. I prefer it for my mtk tab.
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by DonaldTrump(m): 1:43pm On Sep 27, 2014
smartgenius:
I also did the edx Circuit and Electronics in 2012, I was to lucky to pass, and I am now an alumnus of MIT.
Lucky u.. I wish i continued bak den,,,had everything buh was jez skeptical nd lazy,
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by franconian: 5:22pm On Sep 27, 2014
Samalex2008:

Pls, how do u sub for 3gb with 1k on mtk android. I prefer it for my mtk tab.

You have to change your imei to that of a bb first.
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by Learners04(m): 10:44pm On Sep 27, 2014
Good share @op, i am currently learning some courses freely on udemy.com. I have just registered on edx as they sure have some interesting courses too.
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:06am On Sep 28, 2014
Learners04: Good share @op, i am currently learning some courses freely on udemy.com. I have just registered on edx as they sure have some interesting courses too.

good. I love that
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by Samalex2008(m): 6:54am On Sep 28, 2014
franconian:

You have to change your imei to that of a bb first.

Pls, give me detail on how to work around this. Pls, I need all the details. Thanks.
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by franconian: 8:48am On Sep 28, 2014
Samalex2008:

Pls, give me detail on how to work around this. Pls, I need all the details. Thanks.

I hope u'be confirmed that ur phone is an mtk (China) device!

Download MobileUncle MTK Tools, and install it on your device. This tool required ROOTED device for using it.

Open MobileUncle MTK Tools and select Engineering Mode>select Engineer Mode (MTK)> look at the top and select Connectivity>select CDS Information>select Radio Information.

In here you can see Phone 1 and Phone2, Click on it if you wanna change or re-write your device IMEI.

If you wanna change or re-write IMEI on SIM 1 then click on Phone 1....same for Phone 2.

When writing an IMEI you have to follow the manner or this will not work and make problem to our device.
Manner For Phone

At the front of AT+, type q n delete....this will come up.
1: insert “AT +EGMR=1,7,"put ur new bb imei here”

For Phone 2 insert “AT +EGMR=1,10,"put ur new imei here”

After finishing inserting them, click Send button.

Reboot ur phone when u are through, dial *#06# to check ur new imei number.

You can get imei of a bb by dialing *#06# on any bb phone.

I recommend u change only sim 1 N make sure u copy ur old imei somewhere safe!

Any p, let me know!

Bonne chance!
Re: Edx - An Educative Online Program by Samalex2008(m): 9:05am On Sep 28, 2014
franconian:

I hope u'be confirmed that ur phone is an mtk (China) device!

Download MobileUncle MTK Tools, and install it on your device. This tool required ROOTED device for using it.

Open MobileUncle MTK Tools and select Engineering Mode>select Engineer Mode (MTK)> look at the top and select Connectivity>select CDS Information>select Radio Information.

In here you can see Phone 1 and Phone2, Click on it if you wanna change or re-write your device IMEI.

If you wanna change or re-write IMEI on SIM 1 then click on Phone 1....same for Phone 2.

When writing an IMEI you have to follow the manner or this will not work and make problem to our device.
Manner For Phone

At the front of AT+, type q n delete....this will come up.
1: insert “AT +EGMR=1,7,"put ur new bb imei here”

For Phone 2 insert “AT +EGMR=1,10,"put ur new imei here”

After finishing inserting them, click Send button.

Reboot ur phone when u are through, dial *#06# to check ur new imei number.

You can get imei of a bb by dialing *#06# on any bb phone.

I recommend u change only sim 1 N make sure u copy ur old imei somewhere safe!

Any p, let me know!

Bonne chance!

Thanks. But my tab is not rooted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2015 National Common Entrance Examination Into JS 1 Of Unity Colleges / Nairaland Annual Educational Debate Competition(planning thread) / Studying Microbiology Or Medlab Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.