Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,811 members, 7,820,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

The Thomas....(a Family) - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Thomas....(a Family) (231739 Views)

Just Like The Dew.....(a Family Show) / We Had A Family / R.I.P. Dr. Ozodi Thomas Osuji - An Elegy.y (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (75) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Cybershow(m): 6:04pm On Feb 07, 2015
Ah serena life dn beta..oga deeninetyseven pls cum and update o
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by SenatorPope(m): 9:14pm On Feb 07, 2015
prettydiva89:
I'm really enjoying this story
No be only you dey enjoy am.
Well done d9ty7.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Deeninetyseven(m): 8:21pm On Feb 10, 2015
Serena got home some ten minutes later after she had told the bikeman who carried her to run like a mad man. The bikeman didn't disappoint her much and took the speed of the bike to another level. Other road users looked at them in awe, because only in a country where they have very good roads is this possible, but the bikeman proved them wrong and successfully dropped her in front of her father's house.
She handed the five hundred Naira she had picked from Stephanie's reading table to him and he gave her the change.
"Thank you." She said and rushed into the compound with the hope of finding her father's car comfortably parked in front of the garage, but she heaved a sigh of relief when she realised that her father was not yet home.
"Welcome Serena." The security man greeted her smiling even though they are sworn enemies.
Ignoring him was easy.
"Serena." She heard a voice call her name.
She stopped in her tracks, visibly shocked.
"Where have you been?" The elderly lady who performs the duty of a maid asked as she walked into the living room.
"Good afternoon ma." Serena greeted curtly.
"Daddy called me o." She said.
As if waiting to hear that, Serena dropped all she was hodling, her phone and the change she collected from the bikeman and raced towards her father's room.
One minute later, she was still searching every nook and cranny of the room, but she couldn't find the said mastercard.
"Please, did you help me see a credit card here?" Serena asked the maid who was standing outside the room.
"well, I saw it and I have sent the pin to daddy." The lady replied.
"Did he call you?" Serena asked.
"Yes, he did." The lady replied and was already walking away.
"Aunty Chichi." Serena called.
She turned to face the young girl who was standing a few feets away from her.
"Did you tell him I was not at home?"
"Were you at home? No. I told him what he wanted to hear." Chichi replied and walked away. This response actually increased her fear, she wanted to push her luck further, but Chichi had already disappeared into the kitchen.
She gave up and decided to wait for her father, afterall he can't beat her. Her father doesn't beat except on exceptional cases. Moreso, he shouldn't expect her to keep to his rules just like that.
Less than ten minutes later, she heard a car horn in front of the gate, and only one person could drive in at this time of the day, her father. She didn't rule out the thought of any of her father's friends visiting or relatives, but a friend visiting would have called to inquire if the host is home.
The car doors slamming shut told her it was her father, because, every blessed day, two doors must always slam shut at the same time or seconds apart. That was when she realised that she was still dressed in her outing clothes, she quickly rushed to her room, pulled them off and put on a black top over a white skirt as she entered the bathroom to wash the light make up off her face.
"Welcome daddy." She walked into her father's room five minutes later, her heart throbbing.
"How are you?" He asked without facing her.
"Am fine daddy. How was work today?" She asked.
"Ah! Work! Its was good, even though stressful." He replied, this time he was looking at her intently.
"Where were you when I called you the other time?" He dropped the bombshell.
It looked like God didn't answer her prayers or she was not being specific during her prayer.
"I was at home." She replied.
Her father eyed her suspiciously. He believed her anyways, his children are not the ones who tells lies. They are always honest in whatever they do.
"I thought I was hearing someone else's voice, a girl's voice actually." Her father retorted.
She wanted to jump and throw her fist into the air to show how happy she was at her father buying her lies.
"It was actually my voice. My phone fell off my hand." She replied calmly.
To backup her claims, she removed her hands from her back and showed the now broken phone to her father.
"Remind me to get you a new phone tomorrow."
"Thank you daddy." She went on her kneels.
She couldn't explain how her father bought the lies, because she expected him to ask questions since he had called one of the staffs at home when her phone went off.
"Vincent told me you visited the tutorial centre today. Have you gotten the practice prototype?"
The cabman was Vincent, a nice name.
"Yes dad, I already installed it." She replied.
"Go and bring your laptop, let me see how it looks." Her father said.
And happily, she exited the room on what turned out to be a futile search because she left her laptop at Stephanie's house.

--tbc--

4 Likes

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Cybershow(m): 8:36pm On Feb 10, 2015
Kai! serena life dn beta
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Darus05(m): 8:36pm On Feb 10, 2015
Ha! Serena in trouble,hw will she get out of dc 1 again?
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by harjibolar10(m): 8:57pm On Feb 10, 2015
Ghen ghen, see gobe

I'm patiently waiting
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by snowhyt(f): 8:57pm On Feb 10, 2015
hmm, this is a serious problem o.. i wonder what her next lie would be
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by sammyomotola: 9:05pm On Feb 10, 2015
Now, d beating ll start 4 her
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 10:03pm On Feb 10, 2015
Omo c gobe just tell your dad you left it at the training for proper installation to be carried out
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by sammyomotola: 10:13pm On Feb 10, 2015
prettydiva89:
Omo c gobe just tell your dad you left it at the training for proper installation to be carried out
omo c master lier
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Deeninetyseven(m): 10:18pm On Feb 10, 2015
prettydiva89:
Aunty, you can lie o. But believe me, that lie won't work if I am to be her father. I mean, she already walked out to go and bring d laptop, returning to say she left it at the tutorial center looks suspicious. And mind you, its a laptop we are talking about here.
If I were to be in Serena's shoes, I wud av began my lies from when Mr Thomas claimed he heard another female voice apart from Serena's. She shud av said Stephanie came to visit her and she took it home probably. U get?
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 10:33pm On Feb 10, 2015
Deeninetyseven:

Aunty, you can lie o. But believe me, that lie won't work if I am to be her father. I mean, she already walked out to go and bring d laptop, returning to say she left it at the tutorial center looks suspicious. And mind you, its a laptop we are talking about here.
If I were to be in Serena's shoes, I wud av began my lies from when Mr Thomas claimed he heard another female voice apart from Serena's. She shud av said Stephanie came to visit her and she took it home probably. U get?
yea
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Molz(m): 10:34pm On Feb 10, 2015
Deeninetyseven:

uhhn uhhhnn
LIE OF THE CENTURY.... !!!!
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 10:35pm On Feb 10, 2015
sammyomotola:
omo c master lier
master lier keh,its just a piece of advice
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Deeninetyseven(m): 10:37pm On Feb 10, 2015
Molz:

uhhn uhhhnn
LIE OF THE CENTURY.... !!!!
Lolz.
Thanks for following the story sir

1 Like

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Deeninetyseven(m): 10:41pm On Feb 10, 2015
snowhyt:
sammyomotola:
Thanks for sticking around guys.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Deeninetyseven(m): 10:44pm On Feb 10, 2015
Cybershow, harjibolar10, Darus05, I see you guys.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Cybershow(m): 10:47pm On Feb 10, 2015
Deeninetyseven:
I tink say u no c us...bt boss u av a nyc tory o
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by JojoBlue(f): 10:50pm On Feb 10, 2015
Omo breeze don blow, fowl nyansh don open
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by sammyomotola: 11:20pm On Feb 10, 2015
Continue we dey ur back
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by ligopedro: 12:05am On Feb 11, 2015
prettydiva89:
Chai Aunty u can lie for Africa ...
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by harjibolar10(m): 12:11am On Feb 11, 2015
Deeninetyseven:
I dey loyal o
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 7:59am On Feb 11, 2015
ligopedro:

Chai Aunty u can lie for Africa ...
Africa keh, i can't lie for even my Area
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Darus05(m): 8:00am On Feb 11, 2015
Deeninetyseven:
Following bumper to bumper...Boss we go get an update 2day ni?
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Deeninetyseven(m): 8:06am On Feb 11, 2015
Darus05:
Following bumper to bumper...Boss we go get an update 2day ni?
Sure
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Slimzjoe(m): 10:52am On Feb 11, 2015
Chisos!!! So Dhiz Story Continued widawt Me ...... Oya Clear Road For Mwe

*Heads to Front Roll , Brings Out My Penknife And Bullies Everyone There* Sits Comfortably wit a Big Grin*

Oya Boss D9ty7 Come Feed me More !! grin
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Molz(m): 2:54pm On Feb 11, 2015
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by aprilwise(m): 3:09pm On Feb 11, 2015
I pity Serena one wahala after the other.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by donPhill(m): 9:45pm On Feb 11, 2015
yawa don gas ...how she wan lie now?
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Psalmwise(m): 10:20pm On Feb 11, 2015
donPhill:
yawa don gas ...how she wan lie now?
chai lie supose fit dey posible buh as she dn turn back say she wan go carry laptop e no go dey posible again ...she no fit lie say d laptop dey persn hand cos d popman go wan see d pesn wey hold d laptop...and her fone dn spoil..lolx she for dn control stephaine or d cabman
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Psalmwise(m): 10:24pm On Feb 11, 2015
THESE GUY IS D grin da BOMB grin

Dy baba ride on...,u re a masterpiece....sorry u re a master

Majestically #siping my beans.....munching my bread while I wait for an update...,

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (75) (Reply)

Short, Witty Quotes! / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon / Choices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.