Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,467 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

The Thomas....(a Family) - Literature (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Thomas....(a Family) (231372 Views)

Just Like The Dew.....(a Family Show) / We Had A Family / R.I.P. Dr. Ozodi Thomas Osuji - An Elegy.y (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (75) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by ibizgirl(f): 10:27pm On Feb 11, 2015
It takes a million lies to cover up 1 lie. Serena has to think real fast.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by stuff46(m): 9:33pm On Feb 12, 2015
Psalmwise:
THESE GUY IS D grin da BOMB grin
Dy baba ride on...,u re a masterpiece....sorry u re a master
Majestically #siping my beans.....munching my bread while I wait for an update...,

no mess here o
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Psalmwise(m): 10:12pm On Feb 12, 2015
stuff46:

no mess here o
bros d last time I mess was during d civil war...buh don't wory sha incase dere is accidental discharge my mess naw smells lik carbon monoxide
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Neephemie(f): 12:13am On Feb 15, 2015
Nyc work Dee. Serena don enta gbege ....I hope she's able 2 save herself again o
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by alabig(m): 8:57am On Feb 16, 2015
At a time i became so uninterested to visit literature section due to the complains of the writers over injustice. Buh i'm trying to overcome it, i can't imagine myself drained my time, resources and comfort to write a story to entertain and impact people and another would be behind the veil to stab me and rob me of my sweat by posting the same story on another social platform and equally gulping down glory. It's just an injustice and those that're at the helm(mods) kept a dark eye on it.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by nifemilizy: 4:44pm On Feb 19, 2015
nice work guy,up u, but wen re we expecting d next update ? am waiting oooo
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by sammyomotola: 7:37pm On Feb 19, 2015
nifemilizy:
nice work guy,up u, but wen re we expecting d next update ? am waiting oooo
he has kept us on alart for too long
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 8:59pm On Feb 19, 2015
You guys should please take the chill pill. I'll finish this story and it will be a bang.
Its just that, a few things are being removed from future episodes and chapters for some reasons. Just keep your fingers crossed.
I will try and drop something tonight or tomorrow just to show that I have you guys at heart.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 9:02pm On Feb 19, 2015
D9ty7:
You guys should please take the chill pill. I'll finish this story and it will be a bang.
Its just that, a few things are being removed from future episodes and chapters for some reasons. Just keep your fingers crossed.
I will try and drop something tonight or tomorrow just to show that I have you guys at heart.
Tonight ni oo tomorrow keh
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 9:05pm On Feb 19, 2015
prettydiva89:

Tonight ni oo tomorrow keh
Who am I to say 'NO?'
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 9:08pm On Feb 19, 2015
D9ty7:

Who am I to say 'NO?'
who are you keh,the destiny of this story is in your hand
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 9:14pm On Feb 19, 2015
prettydiva89:

who are you keh,the destiny of this story is in your hand
The destiny of posting the story is in my hand, but the destiny of the story going places is in you guy's hands. If I post, will I read it myself? No.
It seems like you like the word 'keh'
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 9:29pm On Feb 19, 2015
D9ty7:

The destiny of posting the story is in my hand, but the destiny of the story going places is in you guy's hands. If I post, will I read it myself? No.
It seems like you like the word 'keh'
of course that's often use in Yoruba land. Its to show am Yoruba. Ema binu keh
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 9:34pm On Feb 19, 2015
prettydiva89:

of course that's often use in Yoruba land. Its to show am Yoruba. Ema binu keh
Mi o binu rara 'keh'
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 9:35pm On Feb 19, 2015
D9ty7:

Mi o binu rara 'keh'
lol
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by sammyomotola: 9:45pm On Feb 19, 2015
D9ty7:
just waiting 4 u like ----------
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 8:23am On Feb 20, 2015
Telling lies is an act that only professionals in the act can do successfully. To tell a lie, one must have thought about the likely questions that the lie could warrant and the perfect answer that is devoid of stammering and stuttering. Lieing is very important because it saves liars from trouble, but at the same time puts them in a more bigger trouble. Research shows that intorverts and pretenders have a very high tendency of telling a lie even to the devil and they'll be believed. Not because the lie is perfect, but because they would be believed regardless of the situation. But it takes a million lies to cover for a single lie which is the main problem liars are finding hard to cope with.
Serena had lied to her father, even though she was no introvert, neither was she a pretender, but the word trust was within the family. Mr Oluwole Thomas knew his children more than anybody else, he knew what they could do and therefore, he doesn't fail to defend them if the need arises. His closes ally which still remains his first son, Davies was the most trusted. Ever since he finished his youth service, his father had added him to the executive board of the company nad the case of father and son has turned to a case of a snail and its shell. In the case of Nathaniel, the pride of the house, the cutest of the three children, even if he inherited most traits from his mother, one couldn't rule out the fact that, in terms of defiance, anger, he inherited them from his father, likewise his other siblings too. Another thing he inherited which the others didn't was using his handsomeness to his advantage. He was a womanizer and could get any lady to go out with him. All he needed was his charming smile, his sexy voice and a few other things to champion the course. His father was also a staunch womanizer when he was like his age and those were the things he inherited. Despite fighting his father almost everyday, Mr Thomas still knew the things his son could do and could not. In the case of Serena, she inherited a lot of things from her father and just like her brothers, stubborness was one of those things. As a kid, she would run around the house, fight her immediate elder brother, jump from chair to chair all in the name of playing, but when puberty set in, she lost some of those drive. Even though she still could get angry, but the emotional side of her had overshadowed the I-don't -care side of her.
Serena sat on her bed not knowing what to do to save herself from this situation. She was afraid to return to her father's room to probably tell another lie and coming out clean would give her father every reason to loose the trust he had for her. Certainly. She wasn't ready for that, she had to do something.
She had picked her phone and put a call through to Stephanie hoping she could be of help.
"I wish I could help, but I am presently in class. Mr Adeoye is the one taking us maths and you know how difficult it is to get out of his class." Stephanie replied her message.
"Girlfriend please, you just have to help me. I'll pay you any amount. Just get my laptop and bring it over." Serena pleaded knowing how much Stephanie loved money.
"But you and I know how much your dad hates me." Stephanie said.
"Its not as if he hates you. He is just... Anyways, if you know you can't enter the house, I will block you at the gate. Please, do this for me."
Those were the messages they exchanged in their chat before Stephanie reluctantly agreed to help her friend.
Serena remained in her room, she knew for sure that her father would have forgotten about her and provided he is still in his room, nothing would stop her from meeting Steph at the gate and collecting her laptop, after which she'll wait until her father brings up the issue of the software.
Fiteen minutes later, her phone beeped and on checking the message, it was from Steph which reads; carry your small behind and come and meet me at the gate jor.
Immediately, Serena ran out of her room towards the living room, but stopped at the hallway when she heard the voice of a popular CNN newscaster speaking. No doubt, her father was in the living room, she checked her time and realised it was time for her father to listen to the one hour news on CNN.
Only two options were available, either she walks out of the house to collect the laptop and risk her father asking questions or she allows Steph to bring it into the house and risk her firend getting embarrassed. One advantage about Stephanie coming in was, aside the possibility of getting embarrassed, Steph is a profession liar and her talents would surely work in this situation.

--to be continued--

3 Likes

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 8:28am On Feb 20, 2015
what can you do now Serena? I can't think of a lie to save you. Anyway since steph got BSC in that aspect of life she should be able to help you.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 8:57am On Feb 20, 2015

Mrs Anita Thomas was seated before her dressing mirror applying makeup to her face. Right from the time she left the Olukunle's house in Bodija, she had since lodged into a hotel where would spend the next few months until her travelling papers were ready and she'll put her properties to sale, basically, her boutique then travel out of Nigeria to start a new life as a single woman. Her reason for applying make up to her face was not far fetched, her ringing phone and the way she answered the calls was enough to give a distant onlooker the hint that she had an appointment.
"Hello, I will join you downstairs shortly, you just grab a drink and gulp it down your throat." Anita said for the upteenth time as she dropped her phone.
It was evident that she had an appointment with a man or a man had an appointment with her, since the man was the one who came to meet her in her hotel. It could purely be on business terms, but who in his right senses would speak to a business partner in such a manner and to say, she called him with his name.
She grabbed her clutch and walked out of her room elegantly dressed in a pink gown that touched her ankles.
"Good afternoon." Anita greeted as she sat on a chair opposite Olu's chair.
"How are you sweetheart?" Olu asked.
"Am good and you? I can see you are good too." Anita replied.
This time, the waiter arrived and served them drinks.
"You still drink these?" Anita asked pointing to the bottle of beer and a canned energy drink.
Olu gave a short laugh. "I am addicted to energy drinks since my days as a student, but drinking blood runs in the family."
"You mean--?" She quickly stopped and looked at Olu who smiled.
"Yes, Thomas drinks bear too, but moderately. Like once in two to three weeks." Olu replied.
"I am less concerned anyways." Anita snapped and opened the bottle before her.
"Is he not the father of your children?" He asked.
"Oh! So you knew he is the father of my children and you still went on to stand against me in court despite what we have had in the past. Why can't you turn around the case and make me stay?" Anita asked.
Olu shifted forward a bit with his chair and held Anita's hand which stood on the table.
"Look at me Anita. I did what I think is the best for both of us. I know you desperately wanted out of Oluwole's life, and that gives me the golden chance I have been craving for for years. I just did what is best for us." Olu replied.
"Selfish lawyer. Then, why did you push it further to the point that the court forbade my kids to live with me unless their father say so?"
"If your children lives with you, our privacy would be affected. Look at you today, you are lodged into an hotel and no one can spot us or cause disturbance."
"All the same, you fvcked up. They are my kids, I deserve to see them as much as their father does."
"Don't worry. You just take the case to the appeal court and I'll get you a lawyer who would help you fight it." Olu replied.
Anita kept quiet.
"Smile." He said tickling and she was forced to burst into laughter.
"Shall we?" he stretched forth his hand and two minutes later, he drove out of the hotel with Anita seated on the passenger seat.

--to be continued--

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by macpetrus(m): 8:59am On Feb 20, 2015
serena need to be careful........
Anita no wonder!!!.....

D9ty7 Ride On.....
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 9:08am On Feb 20, 2015
Mr Thomas should chill nitoto
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Slimzjoe(m): 9:18am On Feb 20, 2015
D9ty7 Is Bak!!! Like He Iz Bak!!! grin grin 'D

Uncle Olu ooo!! So u Hav somfin wit Anita?? Chei !!
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 9:36am On Feb 20, 2015

After series of pleading and persuassion, Stephanie agreed to come into the house. Serena herself knew that Steph is not afraid of her father, the only thing she hated was the embarrassment that she could face with her entering the house, even though Serena knew Stephanie would still complete her mission for coming in the first place, embarrassed or not, the only thing she is afraid of was Stephanie's craziness. She knew Steph could reply her father angrily, she she knew Steph could walk out on her father. None of them seemed right and that would further put Stephanie in her father's bad book. After the boyfriends incident which happened when they were in Senior secondary school two, Mr Oluwole Thomas has always be wary of the threat Stephanie poses to his daughter's life and future.
"Good afternoon sir." She heard Stephanie greet her father.
"Yes? Good afternoon, how may I help you? And was the door opened when you walked in? Can't you knock?" Mr Thomas asked.
'Abi this man don high on chilled water ni? How am I expected to answer these stupid questions.' Stephanie thought.
But she was out to impress her friends father, which would make her answer all the question.
"My name is Stephanie and I am Serena's friend. She visited me this afternoon and forgot her laptop in my room when she was rushing to return home. And the door wasn't opened when I came in, but because Serena is my best friend, we don't knock when we visit each other, even though I didn't know you would be home today. Am sorry for entering without knocking." Stephanie replied.
"Its nothing. Take a sit while I call her for you."
Less than a minute later, father and daughter returned to the living room.
"Now, state you mission her Stephanie." Mr Thomas said.
"Serena, you forgot your laptop and purse the other time you came to my house." Stephanie said pointing to the bag which was no on the three seater couch beside Mr Thomas.
"Oh! Thank you very much." Serena said all smiled as she was winking at a relaxed Stephanie on what action to take.
"You said she visited you today, isn't it?"
Stephanie and Serena both nodded.
"What time did she arrive and when did she leave?"
"She came around 1pm and left about thirty minutes later when..." Stephanie was saying.
"What was my instruction when I left home this morning? What did I say you should do once you leave the tutorial centre?" Mr Thomas directed the question at his daughter.
"You said I should come home straight once I am through?" Serena replied trying to keep her calm, but she was doing a very bad job.
"So, what are you doing in her house?"
Serena wanted to caution Stephanie, but it was too late. Stephanie had already opened her mouth and had done what her father hated with passion. Talking when you are not being talked to.
"Sir, it wasn't like she visited me intentionally. I wasn't feeling fine this morning and all efforts she made to reach me proved abortive. She was scared, so she had to come over immediately to see how I was doing." Stephanie lied.
She quickly thrusted her phone at Mr Thomas where several messages from Serena were showing. Messages like; 'how are you feeling now?' 'should I come over to your place?'
Even though Stephanie pulled the stunt without thinking twice, she knew, a critical looker would know that what she showed was a screenshot of one of their past chats.
"You were sick this morning?" Mr Thomas asked.
"Yes sir, I just have to force myself down here when she was crying that you would beat her mercilessly if you found out that her laptop is not home and that she came to my place when you told her not to." Stephanie kept a straight face as she maintained the lies and its pattern.
"daddy, please we are sorry."
Five minutes later, Serena walked back into the house from outside where she had seen Stephanie off too to meet her father waiting for her.
"And what the hell do you think you are doing? Telling lies to me? Didn't I ask you if you went out today? Did you tell me you went out? Are you threading the same part your mother threaded until she was in trouble?" The questions were just too much for her to answer. The anger with which her father spoke could kill a hypertensive patient.
"Dad! I tried to, I tried to tell you the truth. Dad! I am always afraid to look you in the eye." She shouted back.
"Dad! You were not like this before. Ever since Mum started misbehaving, you are always venting your anger on us, we are your children. Dad!...." Her voice trailed off.
"I don't know what your reaction would be, even though I had a feeling it won't be good. I can't bring myself to tell you I went out when you told me not to. Dad, the fear I have for you is abnormal, its not good for a father-daughter relationship..." This time, she was crying real loud and Davies had to show up.

-tbc-

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Psalmwise(m): 9:47am On Feb 20, 2015
Lovelly update
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by JojoBlue(f): 10:00am On Feb 20, 2015
Amazing turn of events
Following bomber to bomber!
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by stuff46(m): 10:01am On Feb 20, 2015
na wah oh!
I de feel for that babe oh, e for be dave make e don punch that man tey tey before e talk rubbish. Life different sha
cheesy
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by snowhyt(f): 10:29am On Feb 20, 2015
That Steph can lie 4 Africa o..
I love d way Serena opened up to her dad.. i hope Mr. Thomas would change sha
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by d4real890(m): 12:47pm On Feb 20, 2015
Thanks for the update
More grease to ur elbow and wishing u a super fun filled weekend ahead.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by sammyomotola: 1:09pm On Feb 20, 2015
Steph is trurely an actress
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by harjibolar10(m): 3:37pm On Feb 20, 2015
Thanks oga boss, for the update

Serena, no worries I wish your p-man change his thought and return back his formal self
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 10:19pm On Feb 20, 2015
like seriously oga Thomas you have to chill like chill for real ti yin na ti po ju

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (75) (Reply)

Short, Witty Quotes! / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon / Choices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.