Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

The Thomas....(a Family) - Literature (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Thomas....(a Family) (231678 Views)

Just Like The Dew.....(a Family Show) / We Had A Family / R.I.P. Dr. Ozodi Thomas Osuji - An Elegy.y (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (75) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by harjibolar10(m): 8:20pm On Mar 06, 2015
prettydiva89:
Serena haha your own wahala gan is too much. Kilode.
Help me tell here oooo

She don enter am now, her father don hear
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Ziziola: 10:50am On Mar 07, 2015
What explanation will serena give her dad now? Welldone D. Nex pls

1 Like

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 2:49pm On Mar 07, 2015

CHAPTER 8
Inside her hotel room, Anita was lying on the only sofa in the room, her head placed on her boyfriend's laps.
"Are you listening to me at all?" She asked.
"Of course, I am listening to you." Barrister Olu replied.
"So, what do you see to that? Should I extend my stay in the hotel or I move into your house?" She asked.
"I am against you extending your stay in the hotel. And moving into my house is a very bad idea." He replied.
"How is it a bad idea? Afterall, I will be indoor everytime and moreso, your wife is not in Nigeria as we speak."
"Anita, its like you are not seeing what I am seeing o."
"What are you seeing?" She asked.
This is the fourt time in a week that they will be having this discussion that will always turn to arguement. Ever since Olu complained about being see in a hotel, Anita had requested that she moved into his house.
"What about my children? I mean, they are matured enough to know what is going on. Even the calls I recieve from you at home, they no longer trust me."
"Your children won't be a problem. Afterall, you are my husband's cousin. I am Mrs Thomas, you are Mr Thomas. They know me, they know about the family ties...." She was saying when he cut her short.
"Save it Anita. Save it. They knew about the divorce."
After minutes of arguement, they both concluded that renting a flat would be the best thing to do. And after another round of s*x which has became a norm and a everyday thing, Barrister Olu drove out of the hotel, with Anit seated beside him.
-------------
One hour later, he pulled the car up in front of an old friend's house according to him and he held Anita's hand as they walked into the compound.
"Uncle James." He called on the elderly man who was about entering his flat.
"Ah ah ah, Olu Thomas. Is this you?" The elderly man replied as he approached them.
"It is me o Uncle." Barrister Olu replied.
"The law!" The elderly man said and they all bursted into laughter except Anita who was staring at a yellow mercedez benz which was parked inside the compound. The car looked a lot familiar.
"Let's go inside." Uncle James said.
"Its okay like this, we'll be leaving in the next ten minutes."
And while Uncle James called on one of his grandchildren, Olu took his time to remember how he met James.
It was many years ago when Olu was still in the university, that James who at the time was over thirty years old joined them and fortunately for him, he was given Law as a course. He was very brilliant, but according to him, he only wanted to have his degree certificate, which was why he was in class with people he was over ten years older than. In the end, Olu graduated, but didn't further his education, neither did he attend the Law school. Which was why till date, he still call Olu 'The Law' because he claimed he studied law while he(James) spent seven years in the department of Law.
"So, what brings you here?" James asked.
"It is my wife here o. She needs to rent an apartment and I know how good Uncle James is at that."
James gave a short laugh.
"So, you later choosed to be like Uncle James who has two wives?" James asked.
"Don't mind me, abi wetin man go do? One dey America, the other dey Nigeria. Balance equation." Olu replied.
And that moment, James exchanged pleasantry with Anita.
Just as Anita uncorked the bottle of coke in front of Olu, as she made to do the needful to her own, her world came crashing before her.
"James, the community head sent his regards." Patrick Thomas, the head of the Thomas family and also Oluwole's(Anita's ex husband) elder brother.
"Oh! You have a visitor?" He asked as he approached them.
"Yes o. My friend Olu and his wife."
Patrick stopped in his tracks as he saw his younger cousin, Barrister Olu Thomas and his brother's ex wife. Even though he wasn't in support of the divorce, his plan was that, as soon as he returns to Nigeria, he would find a way to bring the two couples together. And he already spoke to Anita and assured her while he was in in the states.

--to be continued--

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by stuff46(m): 4:14pm On Mar 07, 2015
Heh! Oga dee more update please
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by bigwig97(m): 4:19pm On Mar 07, 2015
see gobe!!! anita, ur own don done
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Neephemie(f): 4:37pm On Mar 07, 2015
Chai! Anita see ur life. See wat infidelity can do? Nyc 1 Dee........following till d end
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by macpetrus(m): 4:40pm On Mar 07, 2015
Gobe ontop anita
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by harjibolar10(m): 6:44pm On Mar 07, 2015
I really don't have a good adjetive for the couple now...

I Dont mind if someone will help me out

BTW, Oga boss, you keep em coming, while I read like my life depends on it
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by sammyomotola: 7:32pm On Mar 07, 2015
Anita is in a big mess, u deserve more self, kudos 2 d2ty7
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by killercute16(m): 10:40pm On Mar 07, 2015
Anita is bi*ch.......d9ty7 is dah bomb.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Uthman51(m): 11:44pm On Mar 07, 2015
Women...women
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Onemansquad(m): 11:13am On Mar 08, 2015
I tok am dat anita na olosho
stuff46 shey u dy see ladies ba

*tym 4 d guys to up dia game*
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by fam24(f): 11:48am On Mar 08, 2015
why everybody dey shout Anita, what of Barrister Olu, committing adultery with his cousin's wife, now ex-wife.
I guess it's a man's world
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 11:50am On Mar 08, 2015
fam24:
why everybody dey shout Anita, what of Barrister Olu, committing adultery with his cousin's wife, now ex-wife.
I guess it's a man's world
Don't mind them
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by aprilwise(m): 3:37pm On Mar 08, 2015
This is one of the masterpiece that will people stand on their toes. To keep the story interesting it needs steady update. Mecci.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 4:08pm On Mar 08, 2015
Hmm,this is serious.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Anas09: 7:27pm On Mar 08, 2015
He whom the gods intends to kill, they first make him mad. Ah. Anita wd rather be a concubine than a respected wife? Now the chickens have come home to roost. Smph. Ah, its coke ooo. Giant 200liters coke . If its not coke, its not the same thing as coke. Following. We will the end of the anitagate.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by bigwig97(m): 9:04pm On Mar 08, 2015
bt d9ty7, how come barrister olu was blind to the extent he couldn't recogniz patrick car?... rememba anita knew the car lukd sumaw familiar

1 Like

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by TrishaP(f): 7:52am On Mar 09, 2015
Serena 's dad was eavesdropping,.. big problem for her.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Ndukings92(m): 7:56am On Mar 09, 2015
No de keep me in suspense young man.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 8:48am On Mar 09, 2015

The feeling that surged through Serena's body that moment could not be described with words. She just prayed that the ground open and swallow her, and never to let her out again, or better still, she should just ascend to heaven where she would be free of all these troubles.
The dissappointed look on her father's face told her he overheard her speaking and arguing with Stephanie. How would she get out of this? Was the question on her mind she as she decided to rough everything by pretending to be innocent. Something youruba students call 'ogboju.'
"Where do you think you are going?" Her father asked just as she walked past him.
"Inside of course." She replied smiling. A risk that is worth taking if things go well, but if things went otherwise, then she would be in double trouble. One for the initial offence committed and the other for seeing it as nothing because she was smiling.
She had realised over the years that beneathe the handsome looking, strongwilled, disciplinarian of her dad lied a gentleman whose only problem with the women folk is smile. Once you are able to smile at him, he looses his anger one bit.
"Who is that?" He asked.
"Who are you talking about dad?" she asked, still smiling.
"Young lady, don't play pranks on me. Who is the girl that just left now?"
That moment, Serena could only blame two people for her predicament, one her mother who had toiled with her father's patience to the extent that he doesn't care anymore and Stephanie who after kissing Jake still had the guts to come to her house. As much as she tried not to think about Jake, she still found herself blaming him. Maybe if he hadn't organised any stupid party, all these wouldn't have happened.
"That's Stephanie now. My friend who came to give me my laptop the other day."
"Yes, I know she is the one. Can I have a look at your laptop?"
"Of course, but the battery is down, so I am thinking I should just plug it inside to charge while you look at it." She returned a few seconds later. She couldn' afford to let the gateman who had a triumphant look on his face watch her get punished.
"Young lady, there is a socket somewhere here."
Serena returned into the house and returned to the verandah with the laptop in hand.
"Here sir." She handed it to him and he switched it on.
The computer came on and a minute later, it requested for the passcode.
"Let me do it." She said.
"Young lady, will you tell me the passcode?" He raised his voice and that moment, she knew she had lost the case.
"LovelyJake sir." She replied with a shaky voice.
She could see him shake his head as he typed the words and the next minute, the homepage came on and he shook his head further. Because, as much as he tried to navigate his way through the icons, he couldn't see them because Jake's picture was everywhere.
"Is this the boy?" He asked as he finally got to her files.
She nodded her head.
"Listen to me as I speak. You have over hundred of this boy's picture on your computer, you have just one of my pictures, you have fifteen pictures of your mother, five belonging to Nathan and Davies is just unimportant that you couldn't save at least one of his pictures."
"No daddy."
"I can still remember those days that we take group pictures every sunday. While Nathan uses his camera, you use your phone, can't you transfer them to your computer?"
She watched in horror as her father went to the recycle bin and all the pictures involving every member of her family, including the one taken in group were swimming in the bin.
"Serena, how much worse can this get?"
"Am sorry daddy." She had dropped to her knees.
"Are you saying this boy is more important than your family members?"
"No sir, he is just a friend." She replied.
"You know I don't like beating you, don't make me change my mind. The only friend I know you have is that girl who just left now, and to my suprise, you don't have any of her pictures."
She watched as her father operated he computer like a wizard. She knew she was in for a double treat. One for Jake's picture and their relationship and the other trouble would be about her having a boyfriend.
"How old are you if I may ask.
"Eighteen sir." She replied.
"Which means you are an adult and you can have boyfriends right?" He asked.
She could only shake her head.
"And I think I overheard one of you saying he studies in America."
"Yes sir." she replied, thinking it would soften her father's heart because he would see him as a boy with a bright future.
"Do you know I have the money to sponsor you education in America?" He asked.
She nodded.
"I am not... going out with him because he studies in America." She defended.
"So, why are you going out with him?"

--to be continued--

3 Likes

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 09, 2015
oya lets go. Serena,pray God will see you through
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 9:46am On Mar 09, 2015

When I started posting this story, I almost blamed myself because I thought it was a very stup!d story so to speak. But I was proved wrong when it made the frontpage and also got over 30,000 views and still counting.
Even if the story is bad, no one has come out to say it and I will take the silence as a fact that the story is not bad.
I am always happy when I read comments, I mean interactive comments, I remember when Kingphilip and snowhyt are always debating on this thread over the turn of events.
I can only express my gratitude to you guys by listing out a few names
Prettydiva89, harjiborla10, macpetrus, stuff46, onemansquad, TrishP, Ndukings92, bigwig97, Anas09, Aprilwise, fam24, Uthman51, killercute16, sammyomotola, Neephemie, Ziziola, Shankies215, sleekbody, Aipete2, shebarh and several others. I appreciate you all.
We will try to go steadily from now on. One update per day and on some happy days when the comments are encouraging, we get two and on the days I am jobless, we get three.
Do enjoy the rest of your day.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 9:49am On Mar 09, 2015
Bigwig97, I will answer your question about Barrister Olu not recognising his cousin's car when I am less busy. Probably before I drop the next update.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by harjibolar10(m): 11:06am On Mar 09, 2015
D9ty7:

Believe me boss, this kind of a story that has to do with family matter, is the kind of story that I like reading, cos it surely do come with one or more reasons. ...

Do have a nice day ahead you too sir
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by killercute16(m): 12:08pm On Mar 09, 2015
D9ty7:

U know we are always behind you boss.
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by shankies215(f): 12:16pm On Mar 09, 2015
seems serena inherited sum bad blood frm her mother, deleting her family pishures? Dassss bad!
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by snowhyt(f): 2:18pm On Mar 09, 2015
D9ty7:

the story aint bad.. infact its very educative and somany lessons can be learnt from it.
just keep updating and we'll keep reading and commenting... more mb 2 your phone
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by Shebarh(f): 2:59pm On Mar 09, 2015
hmmm love can be crazy tho...
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by D9ty7(m): 5:54pm On Mar 09, 2015

Anita stood transfixed in front of her in-law, her boyfriend and her boyfriend's friend.
"Can someone tell me the exact thing that is going on?" Patrick asked as he moved to stand beside Uncle James.
"Anita came to me that she needed to rent an apartment, so I decided to bring her to my friend James." Olu replied confidently, even though one could see the fear in his eyes, but as grown up man who is nearing the age of fifty, he should be able to defend himself, afterall, he is a lawyer.
Patrick stood still and exchanged look with James who felt withdrawn, because the last thing he wanted to be involved in was the issue as trivial as this which could lead to the family breaking up.
"Olu, so tell me why James introduced you two as couples?" Patrick asked.
Olu gave a hearty laugh as he looked from the helpless and ashamed Anita to the indifferent James and cool Patrick.
"Uncle Patrick, you can play pranks, I swear. Anita is my wife, she is your wife. Is she not Oluwole's wife? Our custom speaks volume."
James nodded his head in agreement with what Olu just said. Since he was very familiar with Patrick and his younger ones(Oluwole, Jane and Collins) he had no idea that they could be in anyway related to Barrister Olu. And moreso, the last time he saw Oluwole was when he finished from the University, he wasn't opportuned to attend his wedding and by the time he felt it right to visit the couples, Patrick had already relocated to the states. And the only way you could access a king is through his chiefs.
"I concur with what 'The law' just said. I mean, you guys are related, he can decide to call any of your wives his wife." James added.
"James, its like you don't understand. Anita here just divorced with Oluwole some few weeks back. And since Olu here is a lawyer, he is always in charge of her law suits. Which narrowed down to the fact that he handled the divorce case. So, why is he acting all ignorant here?" Patrick said as he moved towards Olu who moved backwards a little bit and bowed his head.
"Olu, do you know the number of years I spent with your father as a young boy learning the ropes of business? I have been with him even before you were born." Patrick began.
"I never for once looked at his women twice. We all know how much women you father keeps outside his marriage. They are all girls of my age, but what is due to the elders is due to them. Even though Wole is a few years older than you, plus he has divorced his wife. Whatever your brother has dropped to the ground, probably because he was tired of it, on no account should you pick his leftover without him giving you his word."
That was all Anita needed to hear as she grabbed her bag and walked out of the compound. Even at forty nine, she was being considered a leftover.
How much worse can it get?
"You mean she has mothered three children?" James asked as he sat down with Patrick, while Olu remained on his feet.
"Not only thre children. Her first child should be twenty five or thereabout."
"Woman!!!" James exclaimed.
"Don't blame her, blame the randy man here who couldn't hold himself." Patrick said pointing at Olu.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"Do you realise the dangers that comes with you following boys around at this age?" Oluwole asked his daughter who by now was crying her eyes out as she begged her father.
"Daddy, am very sorry sir. I was just a little be too naive and couldn't differentiate from what is right and what is wrong." She cried.
"Naive you said? No you are not. You know the right thing, but you just loved doing the wrong thing. Remember this is what cost your mother her place in this house."
The reply hit her hard in the heart and she could feel a piece break from the organ.
"You have even started kissing boys. At eighteen, when you ought to be planning on what your future should look like even without men. Or do you think you
can't make it without a man in your life? That's a wrong notion."
It hurts more when rather than be flogged with a cane, one is being flogged with words.
"Daddy, please forgive me."
"You didn't offend me." He replied as he handed the laptop over to her and made for the door.
"You dissapointed me." Was the last thing he said before he walked in.
"Serena, sorry o." The gateman called from his post and she felt embarrassed that moment.
"Idiot." She screamed at him before walking into the house.

--to be continued--

2 Likes

Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by harjibolar10(m): 6:11pm On Mar 09, 2015
Re: The Thomas....(a Family) by harjibolar10(m): 6:13pm On Mar 09, 2015
Poor Serena

That suites her thou, come to think of it, I think her father is just trying to talk him out of what she's getting herself into

Lawyer shaa, see how he wan prove smart there, thank God say uncle patrick no fall for him. .. What inglish should I use ooo?

Thanks boss, for everything

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (75) (Reply)

Short, Witty Quotes! / Memoirs Of A Yoruba Demon / Choices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.