Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois (54403 Views)

Staff Cry As Rafindadi, VC Of Lokoja Federal University Leaves Office After Sack / Ilesanmi Adesida: University Of Illinois First Black VC / Prof Ilesanmi Adeshida Named As VC / Provost Of Univ Of Illnois, Urbana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by mainman7(m): 5:58pm On Sep 25, 2014
egbaguy: His father is IBO..............he was raised by his yoruba mother after his IBO father died during the BIAFRA war. Modification: i am wondering why people liked this!!!!!!
As at now, Shares and 22 Likes already?! This is the undeniable crescendo of igbos' infiriority complex. Truth is, no matter the frantic effort to cover it up, igbos feel inferior to the Great Yorubas. Knowing fully well that this your above post is a lie, your foolish igbo pple r still liking?! Unbelievable!!!! Now I know why igbos are sooo envious of the Yorubas. igbos wish to be as half as intelligent as the Great Yorubas. Well, sorry! It is what it is, continue wishing, our unmatchable thirst and quest for knowledge and wisdom shall continue to put us far ahead of u igbos because "ti esin ba fi ogun odun sare, iwaju, iwaju lo ma ma bale". We are living your dreams right before your eyes, if u r not satisfied exterminate and annihilate yourselves.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by uzolexis(f): 6:03pm On Sep 25, 2014
anonimi: Simply shows that there is nothing wrong with us INDIVIDUALLY compared with our longer nosed fellow homo sapiens.

We should be worried however (and find out) why our COLLECTIVE is so much worse than theirs embarassed

The most reasonable comment I have seen on this thread. Thank you.
I always thought we had a problem or so,but now you've made me think differently.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Forwetinnah: 6:06pm On Sep 25, 2014
gringringringringringringrin...na only comment on 1st page I read belle full. Bia Yoruba and Igbo people wetin una dey ALWAYS DRAG?? 2 characters are VERY CONSTANT on NL...political and tribal trouble makers

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by moriton(m): 6:07pm On Sep 25, 2014
Nigerian developing the west since slave trade era
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Sagamite(m): 6:07pm On Sep 25, 2014
doctorgold: Nigerians making waves. Congrats Prof. However, we need people like you back home to help this ailing country of ours.

So you want him to come back and go back to Bauchi where Nigerian fcktards would set him on bonfire for be a Xtain/Southerner?

No!

His life and his family's life are better off in Illinois, not the cesspit called Nigeria.

You think he is crazy enough to take his kids back to a place they can be kidnapped by terrorists and the President would not give a shyt and the wife would come on TV to say he is a liar and Diarisgodooo?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by macjireh: 6:10pm On Sep 25, 2014
ALAYORMII: A Professor of Nigerian descent, Ilesanmi Adesida made history last month by becoming the first black Provost/Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs of the well-respected University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign in the United States.

Born in Ondo State, Prof Adesida is a Nigerian engineer whose outstanding work in the field of Nanotechnology has received much acclaim in the scientific community.

He obtained his Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degrees in Engineering from the University of California, Berkeley and subsequently went on to develop a body of work in the processing of semiconductors and other materials at the nanometer-scale level.

After his studies, he worked in various capacities at what is now known as the Cornell Nanofabrication Facility and the School of Electrical Engineering, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY. He was also the head of the Electrical Engineering Department at Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, Nigeria.

Commenting on his recently appointed role, Prof Adesida said: “I’m honoured and humbled to be selected as provost of this great campus. This is something I take very seriously. I know how to work very hard and I’m ready to roll up my sleeves and get the job done.”

Prof Adesida is a Fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), the American Vacuum Society, and the Optical Society of America. He is also the past-president of IEEE Electron Devices Society.

Good news but this happened in 2012 so Y posting it now. U don't even hav a link

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 25, 2014
Congrats but old news.
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 25, 2014
Nice one. His counterparts in Nigeria are busy harassing female students s3xually and demanding handout and blocking fees.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by davedan88(m): 6:55pm On Sep 25, 2014
Congrat Prof. My question is will a young guy as dis prof become a VC in nigeria university?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Bobbyjay001(m): 6:57pm On Sep 25, 2014
doctorgold: Nigerians making waves. Congrats Prof. However, we need people like you back home to help this ailing country of ours.
Bro,back home ke?
A home where corruption and political misconduct looms!?
No way,let him remain there till our leaders get it right.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by seguntijan(m): 6:58pm On Sep 25, 2014
The yorubas has always been contributing to the development of any place they found themselves, not contesting for another man's land finding "NO MANs LAND", not known as drug traffickers like our kinsmen from the other part of the country.
LONG LIVE SOUTHWEST
LONG LIVE AWOLOWO
LONG LIVE TINUBU
LONG LIVE APC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Orikinla(m): 7:02pm On Sep 25, 2014
Nigerians Report Online has reported this months ago.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Bobbyjay001(m): 7:06pm On Sep 25, 2014
Btw ......and we've forgotten Philip Emeagwali so much in a hurry!
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Shadbay(m): 7:41pm On Sep 25, 2014
Thats right prof.. Make ur ppl proud.. U did the right by going to where ur talent nd prowess is much appreciated.. I believe we have more smart ppl,even smarter in Nigeria. The problem is,"where are they?" Naija,i salute thee
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by DanielTos(m): 7:44pm On Sep 25, 2014
that is my brother making me proud as a Nigerian and yoruba. ondo state for that matter. nice one brother.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by enomakos(m): 7:47pm On Sep 25, 2014
[quote
author=doctorgold]Nigerians making waves. Congrats Prof. However, we
need people like you back home to help this ailing country of
ours.[/quote]

without sounding unpatriotic he better stays in america

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Elhakym1(m): 7:57pm On Sep 25, 2014
ALAYORMII: A Professor of Nigerian descent, Ilesanmi Adesida made history last month by becoming the first black Provost/Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs of the well-respected University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign in the United States.

Born in Ondo State, Prof Adesida is a Nigerian engineer whose outstanding work in the field of Nanotechnology has received much acclaim in the scientific community.

He obtained his Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degrees in Engineering from the University of California, Berkeley and subsequently went on to develop a body of work in the processing of semiconductors and other materials at the nanometer-scale level.

After his studies, he worked in various capacities at what is now known as the Cornell Nanofabrication Facility and the School of Electrical Engineering, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY. He was also the head of the Electrical Engineering Department at Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, Nigeria.

Commenting on his recently appointed role, Prof Adesida said: “I’m honoured and humbled to be selected as provost of this great campus. This is something I take very seriously. I know how to work very hard and I’m ready to roll up my sleeves and get the job done.”

Prof Adesida is a Fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), the American Vacuum Society, and the Optical Society of America. He is also the past-president of IEEE Electron Devices Society.

Wow! Inspirational !
Good luck Prof. Adesida..
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by topearos(m): 8:00pm On Sep 25, 2014
fineyemi: It is osun and ondo excluding ekiti. I confirmed it masef.
Ekiti had profs. Than either osun or ondo.
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by penny01502: 8:03pm On Sep 25, 2014
Day11:

NO BUT THANK YOU.

Thats what he will tell you sad

Nothing works here
how sure are you?
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 25, 2014
while some of you guys are already vice chancellor of nairaland
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 25, 2014
Congratulations sir, more power to your elbow. However, please help the study of engineering in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by cole265(m): 8:30pm On Sep 25, 2014
uzolexis:

The most reasonable comment I have seen on this thread. Thank you.
I always thought we had a problem or so,but now you've made me think differently.

10,000,000 likes!!!!!! cool
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 25, 2014
Dis is really great more grace to strength sir!!!! Nice one that's how I love it
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by cole265(m): 8:36pm On Sep 25, 2014
seguntijan: The yorubas has always been contributing to the development of any place they found themselves, not contesting for another man's land finding "NO MANs LAND", not known as drug traffickers like our kinsmen from the other part of the country.
LONG LIVE SOUTHWEST
LONG LIVE AWOLOWO
LONG LIVE TINUBU
LONG LIVE APC

Long live Awo - YES
Long live Tinubu - NO
Long live the west - YES
Long live APC - MAY BE.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by guvna(m): 9:28pm On Sep 25, 2014
Kudos Sir!
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by BermudaTriangle(m): 9:31pm On Sep 25, 2014
morbid: This forum should not be promoting this kind of topics. The traffic at the American Embassy with the daily show of shame where our citizens shed profuse tears becaus they were denied visas re already a cause for concern. Unless you guys are comfortable with brain drain this nation experiences on daily basis.

Do you have any brains at all or you need your upstairs examined ? Or do you suffer from pathological jealousy or hatred ? What has his achievement got to do with protocol at the embassy ? Considering the crime rate of Nigerians abroad, should the embassy be blaimed ? Oh my, i just discovered your handle is "morbid". Gush, you dont belong here.
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by kennyakinmade: 9:39pm On Sep 25, 2014
Prof,thank God for the reward of hard work. Keep it up! Kate obiazi
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by teeghurl(f): 9:56pm On Sep 25, 2014
mainman7:

Lol.... My brother, don't mind those materialism blinded igbos with fart filled craniums. At one eatry 3 weeks ago, 5 igbo pple had an hot argument with me, they were authoritatively claiming that Funke Akindele that acted Jenifer Movie is igbo! Lol... I laugh, laugh so tey water begin comot for my eyes... igbos, since u pple can't even trace ur ancenstory, just acknowledge the fact that we the Yorubas are your fore-fathers and we'll both be cool till the world ends. When next u see a Yoruba, duff your hat and bow for him/her!
Nice one brov

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Kunleskey(m): 10:05pm On Sep 25, 2014
Make i congratulate the man.. congrats prof..we are also coming der
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by haryomikun(m): 10:18pm On Sep 25, 2014
fineyemi: It is osun and ondo excluding ekiti. I confirmed it masef.
Hmmmm. And ogun state producing the highest number of reputable Nigerians
E.g. Awolowo, Wole soyinka
Re: Nigerian Professor, Ilesanmi Becomes First Black VC Of University Of Illinois by Cliqloaded(m): 10:31pm On Sep 25, 2014
Next topic... Kip it up nairaland

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Only One Move Can Balance This Equation / Man Puts Sugarcane Hawkers In School In Zaria (Photos) / Onyiuke Akachukwu Matthew Tackles JAMB On Withheld UTME Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.