Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,983 members, 7,821,428 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Should I Cancel The Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Cancel The Marriage (975 Views)

Photo: If She Ask What This Is Used For, Cancel The Wedding / Guys, Will You Still Continue The Marriage After You Discover She Did This? / My Fiancee Forget Things Easily, Should I Go On With The Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Cancel The Marriage by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 25, 2014
I am getting married soon &my husband-to-be has not &does not intend to give me a dime to make some preparations from my end(of course I got my wedding gown & every other thing I need with my money already). My folks are agitated that as a man, he should@least spend something for his bride even if not much. Just this evening, we agreed to get our rings seperately ‘cos we stay very far apart & he was soooo cool with the arrangement suggesting that I should give him a call before making the purchase, with no talk about how he'd refund me the money(for buying my own ring, not his). This, coupled with the fact that I would be responsible for the wedding cakes (60K) has really made my mum&siblings to be sooo pissed off with me for not taking his ‘stinginess’ up as a serious issue to be dealt with.Please note that he is a very God-fearing man His input towards the general aspects of the wedding include: invitation cards, hall decoration, live-band.

Are my mum & siblings overreacting or am I the one blinded by love? Should I Cancel My Wedding With My Fiancee Or Not? I need objective responses please. You could be saving a life.
Thank you
angry angry
Re: Should I Cancel The Marriage by Aitee1: 1:46pm On Sep 25, 2014
Thoight have read this b4 undecided
Re: Should I Cancel The Marriage by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 25, 2014
Aitee1: Thoight have read this b4 undecided
Are you kidding me undecided you mean someone had this problem before, please can you share d link so i can read and maybe take some advice there
Re: Should I Cancel The Marriage by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 25, 2014
So he doesn't give u 5naira??

1 Like

Re: Should I Cancel The Marriage by tope24(m): 2:00pm On Sep 25, 2014
First i need to ask what tribe are you both from? if its Yoruba then i must say that you (5naira) and your family will have to sort out most of the things that will be needed to make the wedding take place. On the other hand i feel the man must take some responsibility, which i believe he has (based on the information you have provided in your post).

Last bullet: Wait OP, wetin you want make the guy do again na? una don agree on some aspect of this wedding na.
Re: Should I Cancel The Marriage by Onlinebizexpert(m): 2:02pm On Sep 25, 2014
When u be dey sing dat MI song " weda na one naira weda na one million baby u got me"

U come forget say there is power in the world of the mouth

Abeg dump d nigga or else ur children will live like paupers despite having a rich father
Re: Should I Cancel The Marriage by CoachDX: 2:04pm On Sep 25, 2014
Is that how easy it is to cancel a marriage wedding?
Re: Should I Cancel The Marriage by amokeme(f): 2:07pm On Sep 25, 2014
IMO.. I think you should have addressed this issue with him b4 now, its really not too
Late now tho, I think you should postpone the date and not cancel (you can eventually do if he doesn't change)
and a God fearing man knows his responsibility so dont be blinded by that. If you are having this problem with him npw, how do you think its going to be after marriage? A broken engagement is better than a broken marriage.
Re: Should I Cancel The Marriage by StPete: 2:12pm On Sep 25, 2014
This story has been written before and I don't see why the OP is writing it again unless of course he/she is enjoying the attention and wants some more.

Aitee1: Thoight have read this b4 undecided
Re: Should I Cancel The Marriage by DeBlunt: 2:12pm On Sep 25, 2014
That dude isn't ready to get married grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Cancel The Marriage by Tallesty1(m): 2:16pm On Sep 25, 2014
5naira: I am getting married soon &my husband-to-be has not &does not intend to give me a dime to make some preparations from my end(of course I got my wedding gown & every other thing I need with my money already). My folks are agitated that as a man, he should@least spend something for his bride even if not much. Just this evening, we agreed to get our rings seperately ‘cos we stay very far apart & he was soooo cool with the arrangement suggesting that I should give him a call before making the purchase, with no talk about how he'd refund me the money(for buying my own ring, not his). This, coupled with the fact that I would be responsible for the wedding cakes (60K) has really made my mum&siblings to be sooo pissed off with me for not taking his ‘stinginess’ up as a serious issue to be dealt with.Please note that he is a very God-fearing man His input towards the general aspects of the wedding include: invitation cards, hall decoration, live-band.

Are my mum & siblings overreacting or am I the one blinded by love? Should I Cancel My Wedding With My Fiancee Or Not? I need objective responses please. You could be saving a life.
Thank you
angry angry
Why are you recycling your stories
Re: Should I Cancel The Marriage by ammyluv2002(f): 2:16pm On Sep 25, 2014
Well, I think your parents and siblings are right. Your hubby to be should take care of the major things like the wedding gown , ring, decor , food & drinks then you can do the rest but I don't think you have eunf reason to call off the wedding just becos he's stingy or something.
I also think you guys have communication problem cause this is something you guys should have talked about even before planning, he just can't wake up one morning and start buying stuff for the wedding without planning the whole thing with you. You guys have to sit down and talk about how to do the spending, who's buying what and all that so I get the fact that your siblings are pissed, I mean who wouldn't ? You just have to sit him down and tell him your mind, if you don't have eunf cash to buy the ring then tell him to make it up for you and move on. Don't dwell on the fact that he's stingy and don't allow whatever your siblings are saying get to you. You guys can talk things over...have a successful wedding.
Re: Should I Cancel The Marriage by segzyj(m): 2:17pm On Sep 25, 2014
I donbliv dis tori
Re: Should I Cancel The Marriage by egopersonified(f): 2:17pm On Sep 25, 2014
Are you people getting married because you want to be together or because you have to be together?

1 Like

Re: Should I Cancel The Marriage by 100Cents: 2:20pm On Sep 25, 2014
Copy copy..

I have reading this 100 times..
Re: Should I Cancel The Marriage by Henrypraise: 2:41pm On Sep 25, 2014
Des ar d tins we ar talkin abt, women not bein specific, wat do u want him to do 4 u again? From d write-up, its clear both of u have split d bills, he is doin his n he expect u do urs witout complainin, y ar u grumblin?

If u want howeva, u got to tell him dat he shud be responsible for ur hair.
Re: Should I Cancel The Marriage by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 25, 2014
Why don't you marry your siblings?

Please note that he is a very God-fearing man His input towards the general aspects of the wedding include: invitation cards, hall decoration, live-band.
What else do you want?
Re: Should I Cancel The Marriage by Aniroly(m): 8:11pm On Sep 25, 2014
ok
Re: Should I Cancel The Marriage by timilehing(m): 8:18pm On Sep 25, 2014
Guess there will be nothing wrong if you are the main spender for the wedding. You're doing it for love ni
Re: Should I Cancel The Marriage by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 25, 2014
why your moniker is 5naira naa ?? anyway go ahead with the wedding na love wan make you spend jare

(1) (Reply)

Women's Hidden Fear Of Independence / What A Woman Needs Is “Mr. OK,” - Not “Mr. Right” Or “Mr. Perfect” / Agreed On Open Relationship All In The Name Of Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.