Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

12 Most Expensive Weddings In History - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History (49360 Views)

Top 10 Most Expensive Weddings In The World / Check Out One Of The Most Expensive Weddings In Kenya [PHOTOS] / Expensive Weddings Versus Simple Weddings: Which Do You Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by Fadelex(m): 8:10am On Sep 26, 2014
this list is not complete..... what of tiger woods wedding?? and what of the gold-plated iPad freebies wedding of our own first daughter ?
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by Neddyogu(m): 8:10am On Sep 26, 2014
blesszzy:

What is impressive about ds nau? Marriage only lasted for five years and u term it impressive. Very sad after all d money spent marriage only lasted for five years. I don't see anything impressive abt it there.
My dear if only u knew Elizabeth Taylor and how many times she married and d average lifespan of her marriages, u would knw 5years is impressive.
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by frrank(m): 8:16am On Sep 26, 2014
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by capuro(m): 8:27am On Sep 26, 2014
Bullshit! 500k Naira wedding may even last longer than these wasted money.
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by Edozie13(m): 8:52am On Sep 26, 2014
@op: this list isn't complete unless Ayiri is innit
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by 100Cents: 9:07am On Sep 26, 2014
The day dream of every Nigerian lady..
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by ladycomfort(f): 9:23am On Sep 26, 2014
I love this. If u have got the money, spend it!
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by obowunmi(m): 9:33am On Sep 26, 2014
Heather Mills was a prostitute not a former model. angry angry

1 Like

Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by Stephen344(m): 9:52am On Sep 26, 2014
The number one was an Arab ma oooh, make una research well oooh. His wedding lasted for more than one week, and he use a football stadium
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by calddon(m): 10:00am On Sep 26, 2014
All this wedding had guests no more than 150 o! despite being expensive.
In Nigeria a man will budget 500 thousand Naira, for a wedding and will want to invite his whole village citizens home and abroad , even if he refuses to invite them the uninvited will still want to come and laugh about how small the meat on the rice was, they will now park 50pcs of 5naira into one envelope just to get the souvenir being distributed at the wedding.
Poverty no go kill us, as a matter of a fact it will soon be a thing of the past. We will soon stop seeing women that carry polythene nylon hidden in their purse just to pack yellow colored rice at weddings/burials.

1 Like

Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by tania28(f): 10:35am On Sep 26, 2014
bobo65: my name is Charles
n I'm also a prince

my wedding is gonna b bigger than prince charles' own

u all are invited tho
nice dream
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by Sagamite(m): 10:41am On Sep 26, 2014
#12 Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas
The bill was $1.5 million in 2005, or $1.6 million when adjusted for inflation.

Separated

#11 Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes
The bill was $2 million in 2006, or $2.2 million when adjusted for inflation.

Divorced

#10 Christina Aguilera and Jordan Bratman
The bill was $2 million in 2005, or $2.2 million when adjusted for inflation.

Divorced

#9 Elizabeth Hurley and Arun Nayar
The bill was $2.5 million in 2007, or $2.6 million when adjusted for inflation.

Divorced

#8 Paul McCartney and Heather Mills
The bill was $3 million in 2002, or $3.6 million when adjusted for inflation.

Divorced

#7 Elizabeth Taylor and Larry Fortensky
The bill was $2.5 million in 1991, or $4 million when adjusted for inflation.

Divorced

#6 Liza Minnelli and David Gest
The bill was $3.5 million in 2002, or $4.2 million when adjusted for inflation.

Divorced

#5 Chelsea Clinton and Marc Mezvinsky
The bill was around $5 million in 2010.

Still Married

#4 Wayne Rooney and Coleen McLoughlin
The bill was $8 million in 2008.

Still Married - She would be gone shortly after his career ends.

#3 Prince William and Kate Middleton
The bill will be an estimated $34 million, most of it going to security.

Still Married

#2 Vanisha Mittal and Amit Bhatia
The bill was $60 million in 2005, or $66 million when adjusted for inflation.

Still Married

#1 Prince Charles and Lady Diana
The bill was $48 million in 1981, or $110 million when adjusted for inflation.

Divorced

Waste of money and time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by Elruhamah: 10:42am On Sep 26, 2014
Funny enough over half of them ended in divorce. Money never brings joy, just temporary happiness till the next big thing.
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by LEAFLET(m): 10:44am On Sep 26, 2014
THE fu&k is tiwa and tee bliz?
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by Omolecturer(m): 11:16am On Sep 26, 2014
And today Daina and charls relationship no longer exist. cry
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by winner01(m): 11:48am On Sep 26, 2014
adrainuche: shocked shocked shocked Am quite sure 50% of dem ends up in divorce ...

Wasting Money anyhow .... Anyway sha no be my money, no b say na poverty just that grin grin inshut i no go try am

Btw how does a topic gets to FP, because i dnt understand .... Only how many comment and this one is already here.
Mods we are watching you ...
pls how do I upload a post on nairaland??
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by zicca(f): 11:50am On Sep 26, 2014
@op,see as u won give urself Bp with all dis figures,huh,u go wound o
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by Abraham2013(m): 11:53am On Sep 26, 2014
YorubaJesus: Money well spent. What's the point hoarding the money if you have it. Life is too short and if you are rich and can't spend millions on the woman you love, then you are either stingy or cursed and its either one of ur wayward son steals it and spends it on drugs or the tax boys will tax the living daylight out of u.

When I'm getting married, all this weddings featured are small, the cake must tall be taller Eiffel tower, guests will be every homeless person in the country, let them at least taste some expensive food too, they deserve some love too and the food will be imported from tiffanys so expect the very best. Usher, boyz to men, john legend, beyonce, Mariah Carey, Ed sherran.... Etc will be on stage giving live music, no cheap-ass deejay and finally my beautiful wifes dress will be made from the very best edible fabric. Na to devour her dress first before I enter main course.
Bros na em b say ur wedding still far oh!
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by bobo65(m): 11:57am On Sep 26, 2014
tania28: nice dream

better join d queue of wanna-attenders
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by egopersonified(f): 12:23pm On Sep 26, 2014
So Rooney is married, oh no. *sobs*
But this prince william wife looks sick. see chest.
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by tania28(f): 12:37pm On Sep 26, 2014
bobo65:

better join d queue of wanna-attenders
am no 1 on d queue already

1 Like

Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by Deguy12: 12:43pm On Sep 26, 2014
Most expensive weddings do get most expensive DIVORCE a times!

Symphony007: #12 Catherine Zeta-Jones
and Michael Douglas
The bill was $1.5 million in 2005, or
$1.6 million when adjusted for
inflation.
The bride was a movie star known
for Zorro, America Sweethearts and
Entrapment
The groom was a mvie star known
for Wall Street (pictured) and
producer known for One Flew Over
The Cuckoo's Nest
The wedding, right out of a spy film,
featured invitations written
invisible ink and holograms -- sent to
guests including Sean Connery, Jack
Nicholson, and Michael Caine. The
ceremony at New York's Plaza Hotel
was guarded by over 50 rent-a-cops.
The bride's diamond tiara cost
$300,000 and her Christian Lacroix
gown cost $140,000.
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by adrainuche(m): 12:43pm On Sep 26, 2014
winner01: pls how do I upload a post on nairaland??
Na only u waka come??
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by CyberWolf: 12:44pm On Sep 26, 2014
Well what can I say other than...Awesome...Meanwhile, you can listen to one of Paul McCartney's lovely music here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajCYQL8ouqw
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by jamaicabakare(m): 1:49pm On Sep 26, 2014
All these money added togetther can't be compared to what Gej....spent on his foster daughter wedding.....
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by merieam16(f): 3:59pm On Sep 26, 2014
oluseyioba: U wana b d bride in one of this kinda wedding ryt
sure by God' will
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by aiksneffects: 4:20pm On Sep 26, 2014
Rooney is an I***t. He spent such a huge amount after visiting a 57 year old prostitute while playing for everton.

Sir Paul McCathy's wedding with Heather Mills is already over, lady diana's marriage with prince charles was marred in controversy, cheating and cheating and cheating again. She died trying to secure a true love.
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by Enoquin(f): 4:21pm On Sep 26, 2014
YorubaJesus: finally my beautiful wifes dress will be made from the very best edible fabric. Na to devour her dress first before I enter main course.

Now this got me laughing out loud!
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by nathdim: 4:46pm On Sep 26, 2014
These is what 99 percent of nigerian girls are dying for
Re: 12 Most Expensive Weddings In History by Onchiz(m): 5:46pm On Sep 26, 2014
W

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is This A Wedding Invitation Or Resume? (pictured) / COVID-19 Taskforce Disrupts Wedding In Cross River. Guests Run / Tomatoes And Fresh Pepper Shared As Souvenir At A Wedding In Lagos (Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.