Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,298 members, 7,822,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons (23099 Views)

Dino Melaye And His Cars' Number Plates / Funds Looted From Nigeria In Last 5 Years Can Service 3 Annual Budgets – EFCC / 2016 Budgets By States In Nigeria.................check Your States Own. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by Nobody: 3:19am On Sep 26, 2014
http://www.punchng.com/news/plateau-budgets-n442m-for-plates-spoons/

With barely six months to the end of the administration, the Plateau State Government has sent a supplementary budget of N23.4bn to the state House of Assembly for consideration and approval.

In the proposed budget, according to the estimates obtained from the state House of Assembly on Thursday, supply and fixing of curtains, blinds, customised cutleries and other items at the new Government House would be awarded to a foreign firm at the cost of N442, 289, 600.00.

Road networks, purchase of official vehicles and other projects at the new Government House at Little Rayfield are also expected to gulp N4.2bn.

Other items to be covered by the supplementary budget are procurement of a Toyota Land Cruiser model vehicle for the Chief Judge of Plateau State, at the cost of N25, 625, 675. 68 and a Toyota Corolla for the Chief Registrar, Plateau State Judiciary, at the cost of N7, 545, 398, 68.

Also, the completion of existing road projects all over the state, the office of the SSG at the new Government House and provision of infrastructure and office equipment at the new office of the Board of Internal revenue is expected to gulp N13bn, while N1.5bn was budgeted to the state water board.

The rest of the estimates computed and collated from all ministries, agencies and departments of government were put at N12, 400, 979, 524. 00.

The Commissioner for Information and Communications, Mrs. Olivia Dazem said that the budget was born out of the need to complete existing projects before the exit of the present administration.

She said, “In view of the need to meet additional developmental efforts of the present administration in project execution, a supplementary budget in respect of some ministries, agencies and departments have become very necessary.”

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by datguru: 3:29am On Sep 26, 2014
This is pure scam and embezzlement now. It's very clear. Compare that budget to for just spoons and plates to the standard of living of people in this country. And his fellow scammers in the house will not hesitate to approve it

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by Samiceman: 3:29am On Sep 26, 2014
Just wanna milk the state dry before leaving office.... There should be a body that regulates such spendings in Nigeria.... God bless Nigeria

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by davelon(m): 3:29am On Sep 26, 2014
I made it...first time ever grin angry

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by pabon(m): 3:29am On Sep 26, 2014
K
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by kingzjay(m): 3:29am On Sep 26, 2014
Issorite!
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by ChynoBEATS: 3:30am On Sep 26, 2014
Nawa o
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by brunofarad(m): 3:31am On Sep 26, 2014
442MIllioN fOr spoons and plates ?

Wut da........

But wait oooooo

Maybe they plan hostin GOD nd all the HEAVENS at the govt house grin

Who knowsundecided

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by dvic(m): 3:32am On Sep 26, 2014
Hum
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by dvic(m): 3:33am On Sep 26, 2014
Okay

1 Like

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by Genes1s: 3:33am On Sep 26, 2014
God will surely do their life the way they are doing Nigeria

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by Nobody: 3:33am On Sep 26, 2014
Genes1s: Hs
dvic: Okay
dvic: Hum
brunofarad: Finaal looting alert.
Weep for nigeria
ChynoBEATS: Nawa o
pabon: K
kingzjay: Issorite!
davelon: I made it...first time ever grin angry
Samiceman: T
Samiceman: T
datguru: O boy. See budget

na this ones them dey call leaders of tomorrow?

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by FKseun(m): 3:34am On Sep 26, 2014
Chai! Diaris God oooooo

1 Like

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by alobam1: 3:35am On Sep 26, 2014
Happy mood..Commenting on Frontpage..
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by MrKnowitall: 3:35am On Sep 26, 2014
And so what? What about Jonathan's food budget of $10 million?

Hes just learning from the master: the honorable useless Jonathan.

You people need to stop complaining about nonsensical.

53 Likes

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by 2cato: 3:36am On Sep 26, 2014
Most gov do budgeted for bizzare and funny things. What do you have to say about governors in south west making budget for amala and ewedu while their counterparts in the north are doing the same for pap durring the month of ramadam.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by JojoArmani(m): 3:37am On Sep 26, 2014
Na wa o o o. wetin dem go dey Cary de plates and spoon dey chop?

or Abi d plate and spoon no.dey dirty after eating (maybe it automatically washes itself)

5 Likes

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by Zonacom(m): 3:41am On Sep 26, 2014
Jonah jang will not be forgotten by the people of jos. In 8 years he delivered quality capital projects worth every penny spent on them. No amount of media propaganda can change the good this man has done

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by Nobody: 3:41am On Sep 26, 2014
A culture of waste that the next generation has sadly imbibed. We are all guilty of letting this be the norm.

5 Likes

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by seunlayi(m): 3:42am On Sep 26, 2014
see what this politicians has turn to, no since in their skull

1 Like

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by Samiceman: 3:44am On Sep 26, 2014
donnypool:

na this ones them dey call leaders of tomorrow?

Nah bro....we're already leading.....

1 Like

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by Jayloy: 3:46am On Sep 26, 2014
Information like this is disheartening but at times I feel they are irrelevant. Reason being that many at times we'll just comment on it without being able or doing any thing to stop is furtherance. If we can do something to stop this. I'll start taking folks here serious, me inclusive.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by Tycike: 3:48am On Sep 26, 2014
thieves
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by Samiceman: 3:49am On Sep 26, 2014
MrKnowitall: And so what? What about Jonathan's food budget of $10 million?

Hes just learning from the master: the honorable useless Jonathan.

You people need to stop complaining about nonsensical.

25 Likes

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by jliusadura(m): 3:50am On Sep 26, 2014
The governor's wife is probably 'preparing' money for life after government house. PDP wasting money since 1999.

6 Likes

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by Alpet(m): 3:50am On Sep 26, 2014
JONAH JANG Will the house of assembly approve this??

For ur BB bold 5, visit my signature.

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by femimike1(m): 3:50am On Sep 26, 2014
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by elobyobi: 3:53am On Sep 26, 2014
Mtschewwww.

Like if I got the spelling right grin grin grin
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by sheymoni(m): 3:54am On Sep 26, 2014
PDP, raping Nigeria without condom since 1999

9 Likes

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by martyns303(m): 3:56am On Sep 26, 2014
Until we stand up and say enough! Thats how we will keep hearing news like this. If this kind of news is not enough to anger anyone, nothing else will. For all those saying "it's none of my business". It is your business, and it is your money and someone is spending it anyhow. 25 million for one person to buy a car at the expense of the Govt? Look at the kind of things listed, curtains? It is like they were looking for ways to just make the money accumulate, lets add plates, add spoon, add pin. Am literally pulling my hair out right now. The expense of running the Govt. Is toooooo much. Can you imagine how many schools, hospitals, roads, libraries and other infrastructures this money could provide? And when countries like South Africa and Ghana address us as fools we complain. Is this not madness? Are we anything less than fools for letting something like this happen? Do you even have food? And someone is spending that much on just plates and spoons with money that belongs to you and I. Dammit.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by Nobody: 3:59am On Sep 26, 2014
Ewwww! Nigeria is carried o.

Why are y'all bad mouthing? Don't you see that they have plans to design the Government house to super-palatial status? Abeg leave 'em o.

The money is even too small as a matter of fact. Nansense.

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by Nobody: 4:01am On Sep 26, 2014
After reading that news online, tears just dropped off from my eye's.
Eachtime I think of home (NIGERIA) and the type of news emanating from that part of the world I just ask myself- Is Nigeria allergic to goodnews?

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ohaneze: Northern Governors Planning To Break-up Nigeria / Port Harcourt Refinery Repairs End Soon – Enjugu, MD / Reno Omokri Congratulates Nnamdi Kanu, Blasts Joe Igbokwe And Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.