Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,534 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons (23092 Views)

Dino Melaye And His Cars' Number Plates / Funds Looted From Nigeria In Last 5 Years Can Service 3 Annual Budgets – EFCC / 2016 Budgets By States In Nigeria.................check Your States Own. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by afrikanns: 10:47am On Sep 26, 2014
donnypool:

na this ones them dey call leaders of tomorrow?

thanks for that,people that behaved like those u listed av minus nothing in their various upstairs.
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by Mancity26(m): 10:54am On Sep 26, 2014
datguru: This is pure scam and embezzlement now. It's very clear. Compare that budget to for just spoons and plates to the standard of living of people in this country. And his fellow scammers in the house will not hesitate to approve it
FFP where una dey?
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by Shankboye(m): 11:13am On Sep 26, 2014
Tlovely: wetin u sabi.? u get brain 4 head?
ogun fire you
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by longerthroat(m): 11:31am On Sep 26, 2014
maybe the plate dey grow food abi the spoon go use em hand dey feed me. useless country with senseless and heartless dealers not leaders...mtchew
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by Bimpe29: 11:49am On Sep 26, 2014
This is an apparent facilitation of Stomach Infrastuctures aimed at enriching the Political Dealers.
Vanity upon vanity.
Selfish mortals.
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 26, 2014
Nigeria. I hail oo imbeciles!
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by tonididdy(m): 12:38pm On Sep 26, 2014
Zonacom: Jonah jang will not be forgotten by the people of jos. In 8 years he delivered quality capital projects worth every penny spent on them. No amount of media propaganda can change the good this man has done
and so?

is this why he wants to embezzle what he hasn't been embezzling all this while?

BTW what exactly are u saying...that its OK for him to loot now because he did his Job as governor?

...WTF is wrong with Nigerians and their mindset of ''as long as it doesn't put food on my table, its not my concern OR as far as my money nor vanish from my account, e nor concern me.
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by Kagarko(m): 12:44pm On Sep 26, 2014
byrron: http://www.punchng.com/news/plateau-budgets-n442m-for-plates-spoons/

With barely six months to the end of the administration, the Plateau State Government has sent a supplementary budget of N23.4bn to the state House of Assembly for consideration and approval.

In the proposed budget, according to the estimates obtained from the state House of Assembly on Thursday, supply and fixing of curtains, blinds, customised cutleries and other items at the new Government House would be awarded to a foreign firm at the cost of N442, 289, 600.00.

Road networks, purchase of official vehicles and other projects at the new Government House at Little Rayfield are also expected to gulp N4.2bn.

Other items to be covered by the supplementary budget are procurement of a Toyota Land Cruiser model vehicle for the Chief Judge of Plateau State, at the cost of N25, 625, 675. 68 and a Toyota Corolla for the Chief Registrar, Plateau State Judiciary, at the cost of N7, 545, 398, 68.

Also, the completion of existing road projects all over the state, the office of the SSG at the new Government House and provision of infrastructure and office equipment at the new office of the Board of Internal revenue is expected to gulp N13bn, while N1.5bn was budgeted to the state water board.

The rest of the estimates computed and collated from all ministries, agencies and departments of government were put at N12, 400, 979, 524. 00.

This Politicians are all the same through out Nigeria.
Although there are few exceptional ones.
Oh Allah Help us Out In our Country Nigeria.
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by tonididdy(m): 12:48pm On Sep 26, 2014
byrron: After reading that news online, tears just dropped off from my eye's.
Eachtime I think of home (NIGERIA) and the type of news emanating from that part of the world I just ask myself- Is Nigeria allergic to goodnews?
brother I'd advice u stay off Nigerian news updates because truth is we the masses aren't willing to do anything to change corruption in Nigeria.

if an individual leads out a pack to stand up against them, its either he can't overcome the temptation of the wholesome bribe he'd be given or he be a forgotten story.

many issues like this emerge everyday and it takes just the masses noise and rantings for a week or less for the issue to diffuse under the carpet.

we are doomed...as it stands in this Country ,if you don't know someone who knows someone JUST mind your business. that's how the mindset of majority Nigerians are ATM.
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by tonididdy(m): 12:56pm On Sep 26, 2014
Fertilenigeria: Learn the basic skills to become self employed FREE. visit http://skillsacquisition.com to register.

...and when you learn this skill to become self employed thus taking more Nigerian minds away from the government and its spending activities .the very day u self employ yourself and you do not find customers to do business with you, you will run back here to say the government is corrupt bla blab bla

important thing is for we to set up organisations to fight the youth...an organisation for the future.

NIGERIAN youths...this is not how government is run. take a look at the youths of Scotland and a look at ourselves.
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by JurassicPark: 1:06pm On Sep 26, 2014
Haba...!

Is the food made of Gold?

This is the root cause of civil unrest in different parts of the country.

Moreso, I see the reason why the death of these bunch of criminals is always pitiful..money can't even save 'em

1 Like

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 26, 2014
Genes1s: God will surely do their life the way they are doing Nigeria

They are doing god's will

1 Like

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by oge4real(f): 1:35pm On Sep 26, 2014
I'm trying so hard to stop laughing.
Yes, its a serious matter, but why waste precious energy complaining when nobody is listening?

Nigeria is a funny county I swear!
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by shypapa(m): 2:36pm On Sep 26, 2014
heepe angry
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by deeobserver209(m): 3:19pm On Sep 26, 2014
slyzy: yes he will not be forgotten for looting the state dry, refusing to open up employment for 7 yrs now, help in bastardising democracy( govs forum election), rigging chairmanship election within the state, inducing nacked tribalism in the state and he will not be forgotten for relocating government house to his village. I can go on and on
What do you stand to gain by promoting falsehood? Very disappointing.
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by feedthenation(m): 3:41pm On Sep 26, 2014
Shows Nigeria is a rich country if this kind of amount is been budgeted for with 6 months towards election.

Unfortunately the funds are not being used for the right reasons.

We need to stand up against this level of corruption at the next election.
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by DTaj: 4:44pm On Sep 26, 2014
And Jang was supposed to be a 'Man of God'! No wonder his son is a top government appointee in Plateau State and all local government chairmen, Commisioners and other political office holders bow in his presence and fear him!

Jonah Jang, a former State Governor, a former military top-shot, over 70 years in age! Where would he carry the money to
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by Werehkpe: 6:16pm On Sep 26, 2014
Plates and Spoons cost N442m

A Jeep costs N25m

So the state is spending times more on spoons and cutlery than it is on a VERY expensive car?

Na wa o. Simply arrest ALL those who drew up such a supplementary budget. THIS ALREADY FRAUD or ATTEMPTED FRAUD
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by 2kris(m): 7:05pm On Sep 26, 2014
Baba jonah david jang have done brilliantly well for plateau state people should stop seeing faults in good people......if u enter jtown u no go believe
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by authority2006(m): 7:20pm On Sep 26, 2014
2cato: Most gov do budgeted for bizzare and funny things. What do you have to say about governors in south west making budget for amala and ewedu while their counterparts in the north are doing the same for pap durring the month of ramadam.
It is even better to use the money to feed the poor than this glaring looting.
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by authority2006(m): 7:24pm On Sep 26, 2014
martyns303: Until we stand up and say enough! Thats how we will keep hearing news like this. If this kind of news is not enough to anger anyone, nothing else will. For all those saying "it's none of my business". It is your business, and it is your money and someone is spending it anyhow. 25 million for one person to buy a car at the expense of the Govt? Look at the kind of things listed, curtains? It is like they were looking for ways to just make the money accumulate, lets add plates, add spoon, add pin. Am literally pulling my hair out right now. The expense of running the Govt. Is toooooo much. Can you imagine how many schools, hospitals, roads, libraries and other infrastructures this money could provide? And when countries like South Africa and Ghana address us as fools we complain. Is this not madness? Are we anything less than fools for letting something like this happen? Do you even have food? And someone is spending that much on just plates and spoons with money that belongs to you and I. Dammit.
And what is happening now is even my concern. My concern is that there is no respite in sight.
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by edi287: 7:33pm On Sep 26, 2014
Loooooooooool!!!!!...this has got to be the funniest shit i've heard this week.

This is what happens when you vote clowns(sorry gluttons) into office. Instead of using their heads, they think with their stomachs.

This country really needs to be cleansed...from top to bottom, Jerry Rawlings style. Then again, all it takes is a few bags of rice and 10000 for the same morons to be voted back in office.

Darissss Goddddd ooooo....daris Godddd!!!!

Looool....gluttons instead of technocrats as leaders. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by emperorlog: 7:52pm On Sep 26, 2014
Each family in Plateau state will get a set of cutlery...smh!

By the way where's the Toyota corolla made from? The last time I checked it was not even up to 4million..inflation!!!

1 Like

Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by NoContract(m): 8:03pm On Sep 26, 2014
Samiceman:

Here, kill yourself

Typical Nigerians. And to believe over 23 people liked his post shows the sorry state of an average Nigerian.

Sir, you are an slowpoke.
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by Johnnoo(m): 8:36pm On Sep 26, 2014
Please let's stop these guys!!! We can't just sit here and allow these dudes kill our nation undecided

The approval shouldn't be allowed to go through. This is clear embezzlement
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by cao(f): 9:27pm On Sep 26, 2014
Na wa for my country... **sighs**
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by begwong: 9:32pm On Sep 26, 2014
When is he going to pay the civil servants their 3months salary arrears?
May be all civil servants would be invited to eat at the new govt house with the new gold plated cutleries afterwhich they will be handed a cheque for 3months salary each .
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by Samiceman: 9:47pm On Sep 26, 2014
NoContract:

Typical Nigerians. And to believe over 23 people liked his post shows the sorry state of an average Nigerian.

Sir, you are an slowpoke.
why d insult? sorry state of an average Nigerian.... SMH
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by focus7: 6:16am On Sep 27, 2014
Can only happen in PDP.
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by deolanre(m): 9:06am On Sep 27, 2014
brunofarad: 442MIllioN fOr spoons and plates ?

Wut da........

But wait oooooo

Maybe they plan hostin GOD nd all the HEAVENS at the govt house grin

Who knowsundecided
me tire oo
Re: Plateau Budgets N442m For Plates, Spoons by marcyemi(m): 2:58pm On Sep 27, 2014
Let your kingdom come Oh Lord, we can't just take this anymore.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Port Harcourt Refinery Repairs End Soon – Enjugu, MD / Oshiomhole: I Did Not Teach Obaseki, Shaibu How To Lose Elections / Yes Daddy: Obi Is A Chronic Liar And Can't Sue For Defamation - Sowore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.