Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,546 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua (47684 Views)

Arrest, Prosecute Tinubu Immediately - PDP / Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot / War Threats: Niger Delta Ex-militants Give Danjuma 7-day Ultimatum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by delmavic(m): 7:40am On Sep 26, 2014
I don't know d why dis man of God should be punish of what his doesn't hv any knowledge on , dat is y he contracted d project to contractor who they call their self professional. So if dis man of God is being prosecuted what will happen to so call quack engineer who called himself professional. And also I use dis medium to implore the Nigeria institute of builders that they should wake up from their slumber.
Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by Ukutsgp(m): 7:42am On Sep 26, 2014
Opiosko: How can you just decide to ruin ur otherwise gud comment with that last statement?...declearing someone guilty before his investcation is complete...
the additional illegal 3storeys was done by his consent.

3 Likes

Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by Ukutsgp(m): 7:42am On Sep 26, 2014
Opiosko: How can you just decide to ruin ur otherwise gud comment with that last statement?...declearing someone guilty before his investcation is complete...
Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by Funjosh(m): 7:42am On Sep 26, 2014
Project400: Interesting

Someone should also arrest Mr Aliko Dangote for negligence sad
His Truck drivers are killing our people sad

Abi o....... Who do they arrest when bomb exploded at Ikeja cantoment killing hundreds of people

1 Like

Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by justi4jesu(f): 7:43am On Sep 26, 2014
ichommy: Justi4jesu, i almost caught u booking space, u dey Dubai dey book space for NL nah u o. How bizness? One Bottle of Mirinda pineapple for U grin

Oh men i jumped and passed, my internet doesn't disappiont me grin tongue

Thanks for the drink am washing it down with prinkles now grin
Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by otokx(m): 7:44am On Sep 26, 2014
Still observing
Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by osangaope: 7:45am On Sep 26, 2014
Girl freed by B’Haram pregnant, says Bitrus

The abducted “Chibok girl” released on Wednesday is “pregnant and mentally ill,” the National Chairman of Chibok Community Development Association, Dr. Pogu Bitrus, has toldTheCable.
Earlier on Thursday, the police revealed that the 20-year-old girl was abandoned by suspected terrorists at Mubi in Adamawa State, from where she was picked up. It also confirmed that she was one of the female pupils of Government Secondary School, Chibok, Borno State, abducted in April by Boko Haram.
However, Bitrus said it was still uncertain if the girl was from Chibok because her name did not correspond with any of the names in the records of the girls that were captured by Boko Haram on April 14.
“I was speaking Kibaku to her, but she did not respond; she was incoherent. She may be having mental issues as a result of trauma,” he said.
Bitrus added that preliminary tests – still not definitive – indicated that the girl is pregnant.
He added, “When she was picked up, she was taken to a clinic, not a standard hospital, and tests were carried out on her.
“From the tests, it was said she is pregnant, but that is still in the speculative domain because a qualified medical doctor has not confirmed that she is pregnant.
“However, we are still trying to establish if really she is from Chibok, because from our sources, the last name of the released girl does not tally with the surname of the person bearing the first name of the released girl captured in our records and whose father is a carpenter at Chibok. So, we are still trying to work out every detail.”

source: http://naijashine.com.ng
Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 26, 2014
First, there are lots of questions that needs to be answered here. 1. What was the fighter jet doing over the collapse building? If the question is not properly answered by the FG, the TBJ can as well be justify that the jet caused the collapse of the building. 2. Where was the LASG when additional storey was being added to the building? I think the should also be charged for negligence of duty. Until this questions are answered, TBJ is a free man.

2 Likes

Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by Funjosh(m): 7:45am On Sep 26, 2014
delmavic: I don't know d why dis man of God should be punish of what his doesn't hv any knowledge on , dat is y he contracted d project to contractor who they call their self professional. So if dis man of God is being prosecuted what will happen to so call quack engineer who called himself professional. And also I use dis medium to implore the Nigeria institute of builders that they should wake up from their slumber.

Another angle to it. Great insight.
Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by GeneralShepherd(m): 7:46am On Sep 26, 2014
nkpommpko: you people seem to forget that tb is the owner of the structure and foriegn nationals are involved, and south africa for that matter if we don't value for life in nigeria, south will pretend they do. Let watch and see.

Nigeria is too religious for anyone to prosecute tb joshua.

1 Like

Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by garrimallam: 7:48am On Sep 26, 2014
which respect?
Do u have one?
Better respect urself.
Most of us in Nigeria are turning our Democracy to Democrazy!
T.B.Joshua is not happy that d building collapsed.

X
omenka: Fashola must step up to the plate and prove his worth on thiis matter otherwse he would surely lose my respect!
Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by GentleMimi: 7:48am On Sep 26, 2014
Good intentions,............ ineffective approach........unpalatable outcome.
I feel repulsed by the "touch not my anointed" mantra. peeps twisting the bible quotes to favour their selfish interests.
If I must say,the group has a good mind abt this. But this Joshua guy has such tremendous influence that goes way beyond our imaginations. My question is 'why cldn'nt both state and fed govt agencies work together to investigate'?. Why did Lagos state govt halt the procedure? Why are they keeping the report away from public knowledge? Too many questions with no satisfactory answers.Joshua is not too big to be investigated. If that building was illegally constructed,then he is answerable to us and South Africans. Those peeps that died were humans,not chickens.

1 Like

Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by nkpommpko(m): 7:50am On Sep 26, 2014
Adetayo100: On what charges will he be arrested for??
you will soon know.
Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by Nobody: 7:52am On Sep 26, 2014
Nothing new! If TB Joshua is a true man of GOD then he is bound to be persecuted and tried in the furnace of affliction grin The Bible do say =>

Psalms 34:19

Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

The likes of Prophet Jeremiah were also tried in affliction, jailed and persecuted (Jeremiah 37:15); the prophets of old and all the disciples/apostles of Christ were also persecuted! it's only in our days that you see prophets/MOG(s)/Pastors flying around in private jets and acquiring properties worth millions of dollars without facing any form of affliction/persecution....makes me wonder what happened to Luke 14:27 and how they intend carrying their cross to follow Christ grin

If TB Joshua is jailed, he should serve his sentence and pray to GOD for mercy...simple! After all Christ said;

John 15:20

Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

So, it goes both ways....the more souls he converts the more affliction he should get and his rewards will be GOD in heaven!

Serving GOD is never easy...no be beans and garri grin
Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by IbokUtoroh(m): 7:52am On Sep 26, 2014
sirjohnson:

They are two different things...Please grab your dictionary

isorait!
Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by nkpommpko(m): 7:53am On Sep 26, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

Nigeria is too religious for anyone to prosecute tb joshua.
then the internation court will come in
Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by Lovine: 7:54am On Sep 26, 2014
If the SA sue the prophet so what? Shall we because they want to sue him run away from the planet? Who has sued the President, the Minister of works, etc. NOTHING WILL HAPPEN, DID HE KILL ANYONE? Even if he is jailed, that's part of our persecution of being children of God. With much persecution we shall inherit the Kingdom. Ask your self who killed those beloved saints?

1 Like

Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by Opiosko: 7:54am On Sep 26, 2014
Ukutsgp: the additional illegal 3storeys was done with his consent.
Highly probable. But the question is do u know the processes they went through before doing that? Do u think he is personally in charge of the project?. Does it not occure to u that they probably hired or are making use of a professional firm ...even if it might be their member?....... Everything is an assumption now, that's why u should wait for the investigation.
Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 26, 2014
This guy should be locked up in a dungeon!!! he claims to be a spiritual leader of sorts yet he has been raising a building way beyond the approved safety designs and now it collapsed and alot of people where killed? That's culpable manslaughter. All of you talking shitt should ask yourself if your Dad OR Mum where killed in that collapse would u allow this Camel Rapistt to walk free?

Wherein lies the justice for the aggrieved families?
Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by wo1F(m): 7:55am On Sep 26, 2014
Codedrock: But why does the whole Nigeria want this man prosecuted??
Even if it wasn't the aircraft that crush the building was it him who went there and hit the building himself??

This man didn't know something like this is gonna happen, u guys too should consider what he is gonna be feeling now.
Prosecuting will do nothing, it won't be bring the dead back, it will only make us lose another Great man..

Anyways.. Even if lagos agrees.. Do sensible people here think he is really gonna go to prison for this??

Bad people with hatred sha...

Omg! How shallow can a reasoning be!
Are you sure you're up to 18? Do you know what violation of state laws means and its implication in this instance? Do you understand that in the eyes of the law, that ignorance to any breach of any law is not admissible at all? And finally, do you know that for any single loss of human life that is not of natural causes, it is the duty of the state to pin it on someone and ultimately hold such person responsible. Someone has to and should go down for the loss of a 100± lives. Someone highly placed. That's how it works

That we are in a country with weak institutions does mean you should also be daft with your reasoning. Its unfortunate really because in a country where leaders were truly elected and with election year just a nose away, this is the sort of case politicians scramble for. Fashola would never have visited the Prophet. He won't even directly take any of his calls. Jonathan's aides would deny the President having ever met or seen the man. He'll be isolated from the power circle like a leper because from a political standpoint (2015 in view), he's indeed a leper! And if the Justice Dept fails to launch a criminal investigation within 48hours with the intent of obtaining a manslaughter charge, then the opposition will have a field day in the next election year. These will be the sequence of events that'd happen in a country whose institutions works efficiently.

But like I said earlier, it won't happen here because voter power has been completely eroded and its institutions severely bastardized.

Still that's no excuse for not rising above pettiness, mediocrity and sheer ignorance which your post sadly exudes. Sorry if I can came down too hard, but I just felt I had to straighten you up a little.

2 Likes

Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 26, 2014
I pity the life,career,family and everything that has to do with anyone who speaks negatively against the man of God pertaining this issue,it is not left for us to judge if he's a fake or if he's real...even when Moses went against God's instruction..and married an ethiopian woman in numbers 12...God punished miriam and aaron for speaking against him..some things are extremely transcendental and are not to be meddled in carelessly by ill-knowledgable people...have you forgotten that the bible says we shall pass through trials and tribulations in this world, and besides Nigerians are wicked!!everyone is castigating him..without reference to his good deeds in the past...he fed the poor..sponsored the less-priviledged and other amazing things!! I have strong faith that this man of God will come back stronger and better...because the path of the righteous is like a shining light that shineth brighter and brighter unto the perfect day.

1 Like

Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by olaeffect(m): 7:59am On Sep 26, 2014
bushdoc9919:

The above comments represent the reason why Nigerian Christianity is in trouble. The man of God must be protected from the consequences of his wrong actions...even if it means protecting him from God's wrath.

When a so called man of God is doing the wrong thing, it is wrong to defend him by misquoting bible verses out of context, and by making such crass comments.

A building has collapsed. Evidence appears to show that it was due to bad construction. Mr Joshua is ultimately responsible for the disaster as the head of the organization responsible for building the structure....and at the very least he should be in jail for manslaughter....or for illegally disobeying city construction oridinances.

You know, Nigeria is not prospering because Christians, who are supposed to be the Light of the world are busy excusing evil in the name of Touch not my anointed. Meanwhile dozens of people are dead because Mr Anointed approved of an illegality. He should have, at the very least...stopped or not participated in evil.

I think that until Nigerian Christians repent and start demanding greater accountability from each other and from our clerics....and that includes Catholics, Protestants, evangelicals, African and Independent Churches....we will continue to suffer as a country and as a Church...until we realize that evil must never be tolerated.

Misquoting the bible?

please read Numbers 12: 1-12

Investigations should be carried out and the law should take its normal course.

But the way and manner some are clamouring for the head of T. B. Joshua should give you some form of concern. Was the construction contracted out? Is a certified building engineer handling the project?

It is a simple fact that most people don't just like the man and they are using this opportunity to nail him.

I would prefer they cry for justice to be done not that T. B Joshua should be jailed, if in the process of justice being served, it is T. B. Joshua that is indicted then our conscience will be cleared.

1 Like

Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by Idrismusty97(m): 8:01am On Sep 26, 2014
heefeholuwah: I pity the life,career,family and everything that has to do with anyone who speaks negatively against the man of God pertaining this issue,it is not left for us to judge if he's a fake or if he's real...even when Moses went against God's instruction..and married an ethiopian woman in numbers 12...God punished miriam and aaron for speaking against him..some things are extremely transcendental and are not to be meddled in carelessly by ill-knowledgable people
See who is pitying others life.

3 Likes

Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by Codedrock(m): 8:04am On Sep 26, 2014
wo1F:

Omg! How shallow can a reasoning be!
Are you sure you're up to 18? Do you know what violation of state laws means and its implication in this instance? Do you understand that in the eyes of the law, that ignorance to any breach of any law is not admissible at all? And finally, do you know that for any single loss of human life that is not of natural causes, it is the duty of the state to pin it on someone and ultimately hold such person responsible. Someone has to and should go down for the loss of a 100± lives. Someone highly placed.

That we are in a country with weak institutions does mean you should also be daft with your reasoning. Its unfortunate really because in a country where leaders where truly elected and with election year just a nose away, this is the sort of case politicians scramble for. Fashola would never have visited the Prophet. He won't even directly take any of his calls. And if the Justice Dept fails to launch a criminal investigation within 48hours with the intent of obtaining a manslaughter charge, then the opposition will have a field day in the next election year.

But like I said earlier, it won't happen here because voter power has been completely eroded and its institutions severely weakened.

Still that's no excuse for not rising above pettiness, mediocrity and sheer ignorance which your post sadly exudes. Sorry if I can came down too hard, but I just felt I had to straighten you up a little.

Bro, what you said is right..
But dont you think thats lame? Dont you think you sound really senseless when you said someone has to go down for the loss of 100+lives..??

Listen, that is what actually should be stopped..

If they really wanna make someone go down for this, then they should just go and find real evidences of his involvement in the collapse.. And then prosecute him..

Anyways you can you please list 3crimes you know he has committed in this?
Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by ocelot2006(m): 8:05am On Sep 26, 2014
justi4jesu: Hmmmm arrest him @ your own risk cheesy

Is he above the laws of the land?

2 Likes

Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by ocelot2006(m): 8:08am On Sep 26, 2014
phransix147: Set of janja smokers... Instead of them to ask for the engineers and person in charge of procurement, you want to arrest T.B Joshua na him build am abi him dey happy as the building fall? I want to ask sef didn't government notice when he was adding those additional floors? Cos I was weary of it now the damage has been done everybody now wants to flex muscles... Insensitive Government! Group agitate for something else pls something like ordering Fashola or GEJ to give me a job.

Who owns the building? Who gave consent for them to add more floors to the building? Let that man own up to his mistakes.

1 Like

Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by justi4jesu(f): 8:14am On Sep 26, 2014
ocelot2006:

Is he above the laws of the land?

If you ask me na who i go ask cheesy tongue
Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by nuclearboy(m): 8:15am On Sep 26, 2014
This is the type of time that any other building that plans to fall SHOULD fall! then let us see if LASG will ignore it too!

Western nations protect the lowest members in society and the "big men" then know that everyone is equal but here only "big men" are protected (FROM the law)!

Rubbish - the man should be arrested and his church seized just as the properties of other people are seized when such properties collapse!

2 Likes

Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by damola1: 8:16am On Sep 26, 2014
Tomorrow now. Somebody will revenge murder of his/her relation, and they'll say he's bad.

How would you feel if 1 , 2 or 3 of your closest relatives get screwed cos someone didn't do the right thing.

The state is not only there to prosecute people, but to create a balance in an environment, eliminate all forms of chaos, it's also there to protect even the accused. Believe me you, If this was america, where everyone had access to Guns, TB Joshua, would be better off in the prisons than on the streets.

I feel bad. I really feel bad. People are above the law. Someone that's directly responsible for over 100 people is above the law... o great!...

This Nigeria is my country. The only solution is to be rich and powerful, so than you can chance other people.

I think the FED Govt. Over powered the state in this matter

And this same set of people will preach the Gospel of Christ, one was carrying cash for Politicians, another is getting divorced , then another is responsible for other's death, and they'll tell us, o o o o, be faithful, be loyal, be honest, bring ya money, lets build schools that you can't afford, lets buy private jets and luxurious cars that you can only imagine to enter, well, choice is yours!.. Life is the way you want to live it.

And even the state Govt. No body is been held accountable, nobody is fired or prosecuted for neglecting their jobs that risk the lives of other people, how do you expect us to trust you? Is there no organisation for checking building works, who was supposed to check this one?... who is the head of that organisation?... God!... God!... Fu ck!

4 Likes

Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by Montaque(m): 8:19am On Sep 26, 2014
Nigeria,country of shock-absorbers

1 Like

Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by symbian03(m): 8:19am On Sep 26, 2014
omenka: Fashola must step up to the plate and prove his worth on thiis matter otherwse he would surely lose my respect!

Your respect? and who cares?
Re: Group Issues 7-day Ultimatum To Governor Fashola To Arrest, Prosecute T.B Joshua by 3kay945(m): 8:20am On Sep 26, 2014
I don't know why have been quiet on this issue. lipsrsealed cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Nepa Vs Juju: Residents Chased Nepa Officials Through Diabolic Means (photos) / Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos / Ooni Leads Yoruba Monarchs To Welcome Tinubu To Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.