Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,643 members, 7,823,827 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members (37918 Views)

Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. / Britain To Provide £6.7M To Rehabilitate IDP Victims / Four Reasons Why Jonathan Surrendered Easily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by NetworkProblem: 8:32am On Sep 26, 2014
so after all una gra gra una don surrender ehn?.. no worry, i go give una amnesty una hear? but after una tell me where my chibok girls dey.. oya DSS interogate them .. flog their yarnsh if possible.

Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by SkinnyDude(m): 8:35am On Sep 26, 2014
and you bastardd leaders sentenced the 12 gallant soldiers to death. innocent soldiers. God wil punish all of you! stupidd fellows!
Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by cozy7(m): 8:36am On Sep 26, 2014
abu12: http://thenationonlineng.net/new/fed-govt-to-rehabilitate-surrendered-boko-haram-members/

The Federal Government has said it will soon begin the process of rehabilitating and re-radicalising Boko Haram members, who have surrendered their arms and weapons in the last one week.

Coordinator of the National Information Centre Mr. Mike Omeri, who briefed reporters in Abuja yesterday, said religious leaders, the school system as well as residents of the area where the surrendered insurgents were being detained, would assist in the rehabilitation.

The military said 135 Boko Haram members surrendered their weapons in Biu, Borno State, on Tuesday, while 133 others surrendered elsewhere in the Northeast.
Omeri added that any member of the sect apprehended without surrendering his weapons and arms would be brought to justice.
He said the armed forces on ground in the Northeast and most especially in the troubled zone had discovered a winning strategy and would not rest until peace and security were restored.

Omeri urged Nigerians to remain steadfast in their support to ensure that terrorism ended.
He said: “Efforts are ongoing to rehabilitate and re-radicalise the Boko Haram members, who have surrendered their arms in the last one week. Religious leaders, indigenes and the school system will be involved in the rehabilitation.

“The Federal Government has a zero tolerance for terrorism. The armed forces will remain strong, undaunted and motivated in the performance of their duties.
“Nigerians are advised to support the fight, it will not last forever and I believe it will soon end.”

On the abducted Chibok girl, Omeri said the Federal Government was working towards ensuring the eventual release and rescue of the girls.
“It is a global challenge, which Nigeria will soon overcome. The Federal Government is taking measures to rescue them,” he said.

On the issue of one of the abducted girls, who escaped from the Boko Haram custody, police spokesman Emmanuel Ojukwu said on September 24 about 5pm, a girl was seen at Mararaba, Mubi in Adamawa State wandering. He said she was picked up and upon interrogation, it was discovered that she was one of the abducted Chibok girls, who escaped.
“She is undergoing medical treatment after which she will re-unite with her family,” Ojukwu added
THIS OUR GOVT DON START AGAIN.
Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by epospiky(m): 8:36am On Sep 26, 2014
In spite of all the atrocities they have done, to remind you, the numerous people they have bombed, the innocent students they have killed, the innocent girls they have abducted, the unrest and daunt the have caused...you can think of the rest, now the most the FG will do is to rehabilitate them? People only interested in power and can trade the safety of their citizen for power. *SMBH*
God help us.
Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by eunisam: 8:38am On Sep 26, 2014
They is no justice in this world.
Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by lonelydora: 8:39am On Sep 26, 2014
emmyrichie:

Or on another note, the govt. Is succumbing to pressure of pardoning the demons as it did to the Niger Delta militants were granted sometime ago!

Politicians be evoking Nigerians empathy since 16AD. Smh.
Niger Delta militants did not kill innocent citizens but were destroying government property.
Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by naijafresh: 8:41am On Sep 26, 2014
I can see jungle justice is very much a Nigerian thing

Hear the cries of the people "kill them all" "let them burn" "destroy them right now"

No wonder the Aluu 4 were killed, they were given "instant justice" by the Nigerian public
No trial. No jury. No justice!

If all these bloody thirsty Nigerians posting here were in the army they would have killed all the surrendering Boko haram fighters coming out with hands up on sight.
But civilians read about the army carrying out summary executions and they cry foul and mumble about human rights.

I think we can safely say the Nigerian army is a product of society.
There is no rule of law in Nigeria,
From beating traffic lights to paying bribes to killing surrendering combatants, it's the way of life of many Nigerians. The law of the jungle rules in every facet of life.

They should be tried and if found guilty, given the appropriate sentence as laid down by law, whether it be life imprisonment or a death sentence.

Are there any Nigerians who think differently?
Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by Gabrich007: 8:42am On Sep 26, 2014
#Talk is cheap mora fuckas#
Wat rehabllitation?
Kill all dis bad hausa boys joor
Abi una want may gun turn 2 wetin every man wan carry
Dey tink say if wan igbo man or yoruba man start 2 dey carry gun wit beta ogun (jass) dem fit stop am, boko own na small nw only say dem de heartless
Final judgement.............
Kill dem all
sign:bomb dem all
. ..... ¥₹¥₹€¥
Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by kenex4ever(m): 8:44am On Sep 26, 2014
datguru: I'm not suprised, that's one of the reasons APC niggas call gej clueless

If u r reasonable, u will know dat this is d best idea. If dey kill dem, the rest won't come out, they will start killing more innocent souls in retaliation. And also d northerners eg buhari will say " yaradua gave his pipu amnesty but he chose to kill our pipu" or where u not in dis con3 wen buhari n co where advocating for amnesty?
Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by NetworkProblem: 8:44am On Sep 26, 2014
kilokeys: Rehabilitate members of boko harm (the cause)

Kill mutiny soldiers ( the effect)

Life is a Bii.Tch

did boko haram soldiers ever try to kill shekau.? in a war situation, ur enemy has the right to do with you whatever he so pleases.. so if shekau catches our soldiers he might as well decide to convert them or kill them.. Nigeria has decided to convert them so be it.. if any boko member had tried to plot any mutiny he would have been beheaded asap.. our soldiers are even lucky to be alive after trying to take the live of another soldier in a war situation.. that is capital treason..
Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by Fash20: 8:44am On Sep 26, 2014
Its better to rehab. them becus when you fight terror with terror, the terror will one day terrorize you again.
Just saying my own ni ooo
Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by metrotilenig(f): 8:46am On Sep 26, 2014
Two wrongs cant make a right... Repentance is all we should pray for, in our Nation.
kenbee: I am not in anyway in support of this. What about the wasted innocent soul?

At least, not now!

Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by sorom4: 8:46am On Sep 26, 2014
datguru: I'm not suprised, that's one of the reasons APC niggas call gej clueless
Was it not your APC Chiefs that have bn calling for amnesty for their boko brothers since ab-initio? APC always causing confusion since 2013

1 Like

Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by enomakos(m): 8:46am On Sep 26, 2014
emmyrichie: This
news makes the hair on the back of my neck to tingle... Suddenly, their
approach towards the captured insurgents is beginning to change, they
will surely get applauses and praises from that part of the country for
this breathtaking gesture... The script play is right on course.

* Another manifesto point? I don't know yet.

---------------------------------------------
Or on another note, the govt. Is succumbing to pressure of pardoning the
demons as it did to the Niger Delta militants were granted sometime
ago!

Politicians be evoking Nigerians empathy since 16AD. Smh.

did you mention the niger delta militants?
tell me how many people did they killed compare to boko devils?
Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by rigview: 8:47am On Sep 26, 2014
is nt fair joor cry
Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by naijafresh: 8:49am On Sep 26, 2014
The so called fake Shekau was captured, beaten and summarily executed, so how do we interrogate a corpse for information that can be used to deal with problem of Boko haram from the grassroots or top level

Questions could have been asked
Where do you get funding from?
Where do you get supplies from?
Who supports you?

No professionalism just 'red mist' approach that's why Boko haram will remain a threat with the "kill me I kill you" tactics.
Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by anonimi: 8:50am On Sep 26, 2014
Tbliss12:

There is nofin Good in this crazy initiative,God forbid ur people are among those they've killed you won't say such

Life is about PRAGMATISM for OVERALL success.
Otherwise why will the US be negotiating with Talibans in Afghanistan for example shocked

Taliban peace talks: 'Peace and reconciliation' negotiations to take place in Qatar
'Peace and reconciliation' milestone comes after US drops request for formal rejection of al-Qaida as precondition to talks
19 June 2013

Source: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jun/18/us-peace-talks-taliban-afghanistan

US seeking Pakistan's help to start negotiations with Taliban
December 10, 2013

Source:http://rt.com/op-edge/us-pakistan-taliban-negotiations-afghanistan-008/

Taliban Held Fast to Their Demands in Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl Swap Talks
Afghan Militants' Top Priority Was Winning the Release of Detainees in Guantanamo Prison

Source: http://online.wsj.com/articles/taliban-held-fast-to-their-demands-in-sgt-bowe-bergdahl-swap-talks-1402014395

Perhaps you know

1 Like

Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by Gloria3389(f): 8:50am On Sep 26, 2014
lonelydora: What happens to all the souls they have killed? Your wife was shouting on air "the blood they are sharing" and disgraced you. Have you forgotten so soon? For the sake of your wife's disgrace to you and the Nation, GEJ! no try am.
not his fault na.... when none of his family members died thru the bombing.....none of his children got kidnapped so what do u expect from a man contesting 2015.... I guess he's doing that cos of election... u know they are. many..so they can vote for him
mtcheeeew....as earlier. said by his wife "diaris God oooooo "
those pple killed thousands.... they deserve to die for goodness sake

1 Like

Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by sucess001(m): 8:53am On Sep 26, 2014
Why wont they wanna rehabilitate them? werent they the ones who sent them work in the first place?

d most stewpid federal govt ever!
Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by Gloria3389(f): 8:53am On Sep 26, 2014
SkinnyDude: and you bastardd leaders sentenced the 12 gallant soldiers to death. innocent soldiers. God wil punish all of you! stupidd fellows!
I'm still wondering how our so called. leaders think....even a 5years old girl can't think that way .....they make stupid decisions and foolish laws

1 Like

Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by koikoi2(m): 8:54am On Sep 26, 2014
I quite disagree with d rehabilitation program.

These are people who felt dey are on top of d world.

They hv killed,.kidnapped, bombed, molested, raped, innocent people.

If our soldiers cud be sentenced to death for mutiny then y pardon these demons.
Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by SBG: 8:55am On Sep 26, 2014
The core-North will mobilize their youths both Boko an Non Boko Haram to come out and handover themselves to the military so that they will be incorporated in the re-radicalization exercise. They will then demand for a Northern Ministry similar to Niger Delta Ministry to developed Northern youths and sponsor them to oversea schools. The yearly budget will also be having a huge allocation that will be earmark for these transformed terrorist.

Federal Government should be careful. Must you killed and maimed people-innocent people just to claim a portion in the national cake? If Federal Government is not careful, south west OPC and south east Mossob will soon come up with their own terror group and lastly the Middle Belt. That is what I foresee!
Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by gulfer: 8:55am On Sep 26, 2014
There was once a country.
Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by Vonwolf(m): 8:55am On Sep 26, 2014
GeneralShepherd: Make I go learn hausa, buy small gun and go and surrender. Mark my words very soon ex- Bokoharam will be sent to the USA and the UK to study counter-insurgency.

What did you just say? Us and Uk govt will not permit the rehabilitation of ex-terrorists in their country.
Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by gidjah(m): 8:55am On Sep 26, 2014
THIS IS D WORST NEWS OF D CENTURY O!may be this is d right time we sign in d capital purnishment thing.after sendin lots of innocent people prematurerly into hell,we are now thinkin of a rehab for this demons!kai, islam(SORRY I'd MEANT TERRORISM) DON kill humanity finish!
Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by fpeter(f): 8:55am On Sep 26, 2014
These Government ain't LOYAL to the masses! cry
Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by kenex4ever(m): 8:56am On Sep 26, 2014
omenka: Nothing pays in Nigeria better than an armed struggle against the government!! Take up arms against the state and see officials falling over themselves to spoil you with goodies!! Protest peacefully for what you know is duly yours and see your assss hurled into jail!!

Naija, I hail thee!!

I thought ur likes where d ones doubting dat any sect member surrendered on d other thread? Always negative, I wonder how u n ur APC will turn dis con3 to USA overnight with dis ur HATE mentality. What baffles me is how u guys hate on the nigerian army that will keep existing even after GEJ and u have passed on. ( If u like insult me, just saying my mind sha)

2 Likes

Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by Asiwaju9ja(m): 8:56am On Sep 26, 2014
They have started again! Looking for ways to create avenues to chop money. Another thoughtless plan. Shame!
Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by azimibraun: 8:58am On Sep 26, 2014
international best practice..... but in th naija way. those guys go hear am sha.
Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by Gloria3389(f): 9:00am On Sep 26, 2014
metrotilenig: Two wrongs cant make a right... Repentance is all we should pray for, in our Nation.
u won't be saying this if u had lost one of your loved ones thru the bombings.......
Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by kilokeys(m): 9:01am On Sep 26, 2014
NetworkProblem:

did boko haram soldiers ever try to kill shekau.? in a war situation, ur enemy has the right to do with you whatever he so pleases.. so if shekau catches our soldiers he might as well decide to convert them or kill them.. Nigeria has decided to convert them so be it.. if any boko member had tried to plot any mutiny he would have been beheaded asap.. our soldiers are even lucky to be alive after trying to take the live of another soldier in a war situation.. that is capital treason..

My guy.. I am trying to encapsulate everything in a single line of thought..
In terms of Quality Of Life.. I don't see what any possible rehabilitation can do in those guys lives.

They r killers, uneducated, and misguided.

Why can't We rehabilitate d soldiers after dismissal?

We would have a better result.

Me sef as a jobless engineering graduate.. I need rehabilitation in the UK o

Ooh.. Until we carry arms too shey?
Re: Fed Govt To Rehabilitate Surrendered Boko Haram Members by gidjah(m): 9:01am On Sep 26, 2014
FRANCISEKE1:
He wants the northern vote
HE HAS ALREADY FAILED IN THAT AREAif thats what his plans are,they willnever vote for an 'arna'(godless one)thats their thing,the average northern man will rather vote for that demonic shekau than this clueles boss!,we need this vampires dead and finished wit period.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

'White Nigerian' Celebrates Nigeria At 59 With His Family (Photo) / Youth Corper Adopts 'Atikulated' As His Name (Photos) / Tinubu: I'm Going To Win 2023 Election, No One Can Stop Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.