Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

2015: Abike Dabiri-Erewa For Lagos Governor? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Abike Dabiri-Erewa For Lagos Governor? (1963 Views)

President Buhari With Abike Dabiri-Erewa (Photos) / Abike Dabiri-Erewa Denies Punch Report About Her Owing Any Bank (screenshots) / Abike Dabiri-erewa Blast NBC On Radio Biafra Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: Abike Dabiri-Erewa For Lagos Governor? by tit(f): 2:09am On Sep 27, 2014
Tinubu will jus kill this one throway for gutter.
Re: 2015: Abike Dabiri-Erewa For Lagos Governor? by daveP(m): 4:16am On Sep 27, 2014
CFCfan: Her toughest challenge will be the primaries. If she wants to contest, she better lobby Fashola and Tinubu in order to sail thru the primaries.
she can

besides is Sarah Palin hitting up things? I think she is the one!

1 Like

Re: 2015: Abike Dabiri-Erewa For Lagos Governor? by rockebolla: 12:08pm On Sep 27, 2014
Mr slimfit check your facts but incase you don't know these are the bills she sponsored

Nigerian Infant Welfare Scheme Bill, Nigeria with Disabilities Bill, Bill to amend the railway act to allow private sector and state participation, Nigeria Diaspora Commission Bill, An Act to Eliminate Violence in Private and Public Life and A Bill to Promote the Advancement of Nigerian Women and Girls...

slimfit1:

I'm asking as a woman what bill has she sponsored that would have better the lifes of children and mothers that is my question I don't care about diaspora she is a clueless woman who unfortunately happens to have been a journalist. She doesn't have the character of a person that knows what she is doing apart from speak big English that the queen herself don't use.

a woman like her should be in serious department that impact ordinary people she assign herself to be chairman of rubbish we still didn't see anything good comingffrom her .

1 Like

Re: 2015: Abike Dabiri-Erewa For Lagos Governor? by NOEXCUSE: 12:51pm On Sep 27, 2014
In a country where criticism are made on emotions rather than objectivity is where you will find some submission that Abike has not performed far better than a host of her peers. She has sponsored a host of bills which include the full integration of people with disability, the child nutrition bill, the diaspora committee bill to assist Nigerians abroad and the freedom of information bill to allow some constructive dissent within our polity. As much as I am not concerned about who becomes the next Governor of the state, saying she has not done anything is a pathetic sentiment to extol. I wonder how many Honourable in the lower chamber is better than her?Its either it is scanty or doesn't exist. If we must discuss issue, we must discuss on the premise of facts without having to resort to use of abusive language, we are decent people so we should always try to exemplify.

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Abike Dabiri-Erewa For Lagos Governor? by Eghosa1(m): 1:11pm On Sep 27, 2014
@OP, Quite frankly, Abike Dabiri-Erewa is an Enigma going by the way She has executed her duties at the lower house. As Head of the diaspora committee, several bills as rockebolla highlighted have been raised and passed with the FOI being prominent and expressly used now by CSO.

Aside, the massive empowerment programmes that Dabiri-Erewa had continued to provide for the constituents distinguishes her as a hardworking humanitarian who is accountable to her people. What else is required?

On the Guber ambition for me, several youth bodies and voices have even clamoured for her to vie. Looking at Lagos state, she is ably qualified to head as she has shown leadership qualities right from assuming the House of Reps as a member.

I urge her to vie if possible as Lagos needs an accountable personnel as its head. She has risen the bar of representation and thus should be given a bigger responsibility.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Abike Dabiri-Erewa For Lagos Governor? by slimfit1(m): 1:26pm On Sep 27, 2014
rockebolla:
Mr slimfit check your facts but incase you don't know these are the bills she sponsored

Nigerian Infant Welfare Scheme Bill, Nigeria with Disabilities Bill, Bill to amend the railway act to allow private sector and state participation, Nigeria Diaspora Commission Bill, An Act to Eliminate Violence in Private and Public Life and A Bill to Promote the Advancement of Nigerian Women and Girls...

after almost 12 years and earning more than a billion naira please stop deceiving yourself I'm not impressed. If you are impressed I'm not ,I have a big taste and big hunger for Nigeria to be a powerful force in the world. We all know we have a clueless president at least we should have people like her very proactive lawmakers pinching the presidency. She is in the opposition yet not still very vocal.
Re: 2015: Abike Dabiri-Erewa For Lagos Governor? by emiye(m): 4:49pm On Sep 27, 2014
slimfit1:

after almost 12 years and earning more than a billion naira please stop deceiving yourself I'm not impressed. If you are impressed I'm not ,I have a big taste and big hunger for Nigeria to be a powerful force in the world. We all know we have a clueless president at least we should have people like her very proactive lawmakers pinching the presidency.

Cut the lawmaker some slack, a tree does not make a forest, i find it easier and justifiable to castigate executive position leaders than legislative position leaders, it is not like she can make a bill and turn it in to an act all by herself, it is game of majority numbers, it is even more difficult wen u are a lawmaker that belongs to the opposition, cos that means you are in the minority, i knew of her freedom of information bill because i knew the obstacles she encountered before it was finally passed, it failed the first time in the 5th republic, when obasanjo failed to give assent to the bill and, it had to be reintroduced from the scratch was only successful at the tail end of the 6th republic.

If there is any thing i hate about criticism , i hate destructive ones made just on sheer emotions.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Abike Dabiri-Erewa For Lagos Governor? by delishpot: 5:00pm On Sep 27, 2014
I will vote for her o. Abike is my type of leader.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Abike Dabiri-Erewa For Lagos Governor? by thierryozil: 11:29am On Sep 29, 2014
Me too will sure vote for her and i hope APC eventually field her... I cant wait for Lagos State to produce the first female .. One thing i like about this Abike is that she is very vibrant in the house.... i remembered the role her committee played to rescue 24 Nigerians slated to be executed in Libya if not for her these Nigerians would have been killed in Libya..... I have no doubt she will do better.....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reasons Why Apc Doesn't Represent Change!!! / Kaduna Supporters Dump Jonathan, Merge Yero With Buhari Posters / The Next Governor Of Abia State......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.