Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,743 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

THE EVIDENCE For The Existence Of Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / THE EVIDENCE For The Existence Of Jesus (1162 Views)

Why There Can't Be Evidence For God / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? / The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

THE EVIDENCE For The Existence Of Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:18pm On Sep 26, 2014
Words of Comfort: Shakespeare.

To those who say that there’s no evidence that Jesus existed, I would ask what evidence is there that Shakespeare existed. I’m sure they would say that we have the words of Shakespeare as proof. If he didn’t write them, who did?

I would say the same of Jesus. Who said such incredibly wonderful words? Was it Matthew, Mark, Luke or John? Was it someone else? Whoever it was should be worshipped as God, because His words were divine and without precedent. The statement of the skeptic should rather be "I don’t believe THE EVIDENCE for the existence of Jesus."

I would also ask the person who thinks that Jesus never existed what year it is. It's been 2,000 years "since Christ" (AD). There's a good clue. Of course, some don’t like to use "AD." They prefer "CE," which stands for "Common Era." That's how (in their minds) they get rid of Jesus.
Those of you who are CE folks should know that you are in agreement with another group who refuse to worship Jesus—the Jehovah's Witnesses. They have been using CE in their literature since April, 1964.

Re: THE EVIDENCE For The Existence Of Jesus by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 26, 2014
How many Olas does it take to change a light bulb?

None.

1 Like

Re: THE EVIDENCE For The Existence Of Jesus by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 26, 2014
When will this OP be sensible?

Okay, let's say there's equally no solid evidence for the existence of Shakespeare.

That justifies living your life according to the dictates of someone we have no solid evidence for his existence?

Let's ignore that. Many scholars believe Shakespeare wrote his plays, what did Jesus write? Where is it?

How do you make comparison between the two?

1 Like

Re: THE EVIDENCE For The Existence Of Jesus by UyiIredia(m): 8:32pm On Sep 26, 2014
rationalmind: When will this OP be sensible?

Okay, let's say there's equally no solid evidence for the existence of Shakespeare.

That justifies living your life according to the dictates of someone we have no solid evidence for his existence?

Let's ignore that. Many scholars believe Shakespeare wrote his plays, what did Jesus write? Where is it?

How do you make comparison between the two?

Shakespeare's plays could have been forged, your ancestors didn't write books. What else have you got?
Re: THE EVIDENCE For The Existence Of Jesus by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 26, 2014
UyiIredia:

Shakespeare's plays could have been forged, your ancestors didn't write books. What else have you got?

rationalmind: Many scholars believe Shakespeare wrote his plays, what did Jesus write? Where is it?
Re: THE EVIDENCE For The Existence Of Jesus by Infomizer(m): 8:39pm On Sep 26, 2014
musKeeto: How many Olas does it take to change a light bulb?

None.
Innumerable. They just won't get it!

1 Like

Re: THE EVIDENCE For The Existence Of Jesus by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 26, 2014
Infomizer:
None. They love the darkness. grin

1 Like

Re: THE EVIDENCE For The Existence Of Jesus by Infomizer(m): 8:44pm On Sep 26, 2014
musKeeto:
None. They love the darkness. grin
To think that my first response woulda been "none, they won't see the light". Just didnt wanna state the obvious. grin

2 Likes

Re: THE EVIDENCE For The Existence Of Jesus by UyiIredia(m): 9:19pm On Sep 26, 2014
Infomizer:
rationalmind:

Now, I see my foolishness. I used to think you guys wanted to discuss. I now see you are only interested in spreading your beliefs, or unbelief.
Re: THE EVIDENCE For The Existence Of Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:30pm On Sep 26, 2014
musKeeto:

How many Olas does it take to change a light bulb?

None.

Do you believe the evidence of the existence of Jesus?
Re: THE EVIDENCE For The Existence Of Jesus by Infomizer(m): 6:27am On Sep 27, 2014
UyiIredia:

Now, I see my foolishness. I used to think you guys wanted to discuss. I now see you are only interested in spreading your beliefs, or unbelief.
I actually wanted to see what evidence the op was referring to but I found none and then muskeeto's joke made perfect sense. Jesus and Shakespeare should not be compared in this manner. It is just wrong.
Re: THE EVIDENCE For The Existence Of Jesus by Nobody: 8:09am On Sep 27, 2014
UyiIredia:

Yeah, its probable his plays were forged. That isn't an argument against his existence.

The birth of Jesus stands reason on its head; that he was give birth to by a virgin mother impregnated by some sort of holy extraterrestrial. Imagine if your classmate told you that story. You could as well make a case for Superman's existence or Spongebob Squarepants.

1 Like

Re: THE EVIDENCE For The Existence Of Jesus by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 27, 2014
Infomizer:
I actually wanted to see what evidence the op was referring to but I found none and then muskeeto's joke made perfect sense. Jesus and Shakespeare should not be compared in this manner. It is just wrong.
Uyi has been irredeemably damaged by Christianity. You can sense it in his desperation to make the irrational rational.
Re: THE EVIDENCE For The Existence Of Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:28pm On Sep 29, 2014
Let's go again but this time using Abraham Lincoln.

The fact that Abraham Lincoln was born, became president, or was assassinated cannot be proven using scientific methods.  To be scientific it must be repeatable (as in the testing of gravity).  The proofs that Lincoln did exist and was a historical figure are:

1. The written evidence,
2. Eyewitness testimony,
3. Physical evidence that remains to this day at the Ford Theatre, birth records and newspaper articles regarding his election.

All these facts are acceptable in a court of law as proof to a judge and jury.

Garry T. Ansdell (D.D.) made a case out of this when he stated that "The resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead is evidential:

1. the empty tomb still exists,
2. His birth record is documented all the way back to Adam and Eve,
3. the four Gospels record His death;
4. the location, even the names of the political leaders who sentenced Him are historically recorded;
5. there were more than five hundred eyewitnesses who saw Jesus after the resurrection, recorded by the New Testament writers;
6. the very existence of the Christian faith, based on His death and resurrection;
7. the cultural and political evidence at the time, including the Roman calender separating all of time into Before Christ (B.C.) and in the year of our Lord (A.D.)."

1 Like

Re: THE EVIDENCE For The Existence Of Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:28pm On Oct 18, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Words of Comfort: Shakespeare.

To those who say that there’s no evidence that Jesus existed, I would ask what evidence is there that Shakespeare existed. I’m sure they would say that we have the words of Shakespeare as proof. If he didn’t write them, who did?

I would say the same of Jesus. Who said such incredibly wonderful words? Was it Matthew, Mark, Luke or John? Was it someone else? Whoever it was should be worshipped as God, because His words were divine and without precedent. The statement of the skeptic should rather be "I don’t believe THE EVIDENCE for the existence of Jesus."

I would also ask the person who thinks that Jesus never existed what year it is. It's been 2,000 years "since Christ" (AD). There's a good clue. Of course, some don’t like to use "AD." They prefer "CE," which stands for "Common Era." That's how (in their minds) they get rid of Jesus.
Those of you who are CE folks should know that you are in agreement with another group who refuse to worship Jesus—the Jehovah's Witnesses. They have been using CE in their literature since April, 1964.

Jesus' words were divine and without precedent. He must be worshipped as God.
Re: THE EVIDENCE For The Existence Of Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:18pm On Nov 29, 2014
Who still doubts the existence of our Lord Jesus Christ?
Re: THE EVIDENCE For The Existence Of Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:03pm On Dec 15, 2014
The evidence of Christ's death, burial and resurrection

http://vimeo.com/17960119
Re: THE EVIDENCE For The Existence Of Jesus by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:08pm On Dec 15, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

The evidence of Christ's death, burial and resurrection

http://vimeo.com/17960119

A case for Christ - Lee Strosbel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Fpr6ULGpik?list=PL6F3B905C28F86F2F

(1) (Reply)

Feast Of Tabernacles / Lets See The Church With Best Theme Of The Year / RCCG Member Cuts Off Own Penis To Focus On 21 Days Fasting And Prayers (pics).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.