Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

7 Things That Women Do That Destroys A Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Things That Women Do That Destroys A Relationship (1751 Views)

Annoying Things Women Do / Cruel Things Women Do To Men / The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Things That Women Do That Destroys A Relationship by symbianDON(m): 10:13pm On Sep 26, 2014
#1. Finding faults all the time
Constructive criticism, if it is meant to improve the marriage, is welcome. But, if you are always obsessing over the imperfections of your partner, then you are walking over troubled water. Chronic complaining tells your spouse that you are not happy with him, and he is not good enough. You might not feel this way, but this is the message you convey when you are out nit-picking on his small habits every now and then. What is even worse is when you do so in company of your family and friends.

#2. Not appreciating him enough
Lack of appreciation is often one of the major causes of resentment in a marriage. It is easy to take your spouse for granted. If your partner is doing something special to make you happy, and if you fail to see his efforts and quibble on small things, then it will ruin his mood and ultimately your relationship too!

#3. Having unreasonable expectations
Expecting the partner to do things that are currently beyond his capacity is the bane of every marriage. Putting pressure on him for things that you yourself know might not be reasonable for him to commit to is a smart way to erode your relationship slowly and steadily. Say, if you want to buy a bigger house or start a family, but your husband is not in a financial or mental state to commit to such a change. Well, instead of criticising him, try to understand his point of view.

#4. Not nourishing your bond
You are aware of how important it is to connect with your spouse on a daily basis, but it is easy to forget when there are kids, career, and chores to manage. Keep in mind, physical and emotional shut down often leads to a big lack of intimacy. Withholding affection from your partner can cause a major disconnect that will be hard to bridge.

#5. Putting others before him
After marriage, you have a new family to look after as well. While you need not break all ties with your own family and friends, understand that these new relationships are important as well. If you are always putting your family or friends before him or his family, he might not like it.

#6. Giving the silent treatment
So, do you always keep your feelings pent-up and wait for him to figure out what is wrong? Well, that is what is actually wrong! He is not an expert, who will figure things out on his own based on your expressions and mood. By keeping quiet or closing communication you cannot solve any problem or resolve any issue. What’s more? Your attitude might throw him further away from the issue and the relationship.

#7. Not giving him space
It is a well-known fact that men truly love their space and freedom, and this is one of the main reasons why most of them turn commitment-phobic. Calling him up every single hour, getting jealous unnecessarily, forcing him to cancel plans with his friends always- are some common things that you might be doing out of love. But, your attempts to keep your man hooked to you might actually make him run away in the opposite direction.

If you are guilty of any of these behaviours, you are putting your marriage at great risk. We all know that every relationship has to go through a fair share of ups and downs. But, when you keep certain emotions and behaviour in check, you can find a way to make your relationship last a lifetime easily!

source: bollywoodshaadis.com
Re: 7 Things That Women Do That Destroys A Relationship by suckerpunch: 10:13pm On Sep 26, 2014
Booked!
Re: 7 Things That Women Do That Destroys A Relationship by naturally: 10:14pm On Sep 26, 2014
Exactly
Re: 7 Things That Women Do That Destroys A Relationship by djeezy(m): 10:21pm On Sep 26, 2014
Wow. Nice one. I agree with those points. Expecially placing others before him.
Re: 7 Things That Women Do That Destroys A Relationship by Swiftlee(m): 10:29pm On Sep 26, 2014
When you click through pages of NL all what you see everywhere are lists..6 this, 14 that, 7 this, 21 that..please, biko, person no dey school again..una still want make him dey cram list..for where?? angry

1 Like

Re: 7 Things That Women Do That Destroys A Relationship by Karleb(m): 10:33pm On Sep 26, 2014
ggrin I hope you are jotting down the salient points and hopping to provide us with the uncensored version and not this oyinbo writeup?! angry angry angry
Re: 7 Things That Women Do That Destroys A Relationship by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 26, 2014
True
Re: 7 Things That Women Do That Destroys A Relationship by braine(m): 10:49pm On Sep 26, 2014
Na lie. *Yinmu
Re: 7 Things That Women Do That Destroys A Relationship by samuelson06(m): 11:07pm On Sep 26, 2014
8. Always giving "I don't know" response when a question demands either "yes" or "no".
Re: 7 Things That Women Do That Destroys A Relationship by 24in7: 11:08pm On Sep 26, 2014
Waitin 4our ladies in dhouse 2speak out, I dey luk like lucozade shocked
Re: 7 Things That Women Do That Destroys A Relationship by April07: 11:14pm On Sep 26, 2014
samuelson06: 8. Always giving "I don't know" response when a question demands either "yes" or "no".

If she nor know nko? tongue

So OP, these things u listed here, most guys even do them more than women... So I think you should rephrase.. Thenk u.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things That Women Do That Destroys A Relationship by nellaluv(f): 11:29pm On Sep 26, 2014
samuelson06: 8. Always giving "I don't know" response when a question demands either "yes" or "no".

That's my specialty tongue , I do it when I sulk. I know it's annoying that's why I do it cool
Re: 7 Things That Women Do That Destroys A Relationship by MisterLongman(m): 11:35pm On Sep 26, 2014
Is it only women that are guilty of this crime
Re: 7 Things That Women Do That Destroys A Relationship by ggrin(f): 11:37pm On Sep 26, 2014
Karleb: ggrin I hope you are jotting down the salient points and hopping to provide us with the uncensored version and not this oyinbo writeup?! angry angry angry
*yarns*undecided
Re: 7 Things That Women Do That Destroys A Relationship by amakufrancis(m): 3:19am On Sep 27, 2014
Noted
Re: 7 Things That Women Do That Destroys A Relationship by timilehing(m): 3:56am On Sep 27, 2014
I'll edit my comment when this makes fp cool
Re: 7 Things That Women Do That Destroys A Relationship by philantoxx(m): 4:00am On Sep 27, 2014
if she's exhibits half of this features, she won't even have a boyfriend who will last 1week..
Re: 7 Things That Women Do That Destroys A Relationship by symbianDON(m): 8:05am On Sep 27, 2014
MisterLongman: Is it only women that are guilty of this crime
not necessarily but will agree with me that women are more likely to exhibit these traits than men.

(1) (Reply)

Does Age Really Matter In Choosing A Partner?????? *confused* / Pls Advice Me On What To Buy For Her / I Am Foolish Right? :(

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.