Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,592 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Lesson About Ekiti-state...ile-iyi, Ile-eye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lesson About Ekiti-state...ile-iyi, Ile-eye (1239 Views)

Have You Seen This Video? More Details About Ekiti Rigging Surfaces / Fayose Vs Buhari; Ekiti State Governor Takes Another Shot At GMB / My Opinion About Ekiti Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lesson About Ekiti-state...ile-iyi, Ile-eye by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 27, 2014
The last few months have been awesome. If I have learned anything, it is about the saddening level of ignorance the average Nigerian retains about my dear Ekiti State.

For if you knew my Ekiti, you would hesitate to believe, imagine, or tweet about us being rice-lovers. For starters, we hate rice -and yes, pun included.

Secondly, we are not the regular lagos "ah never chops".

Here in Ekiti we close most our shops by 6pm, and there is no Jagaban that can make us open shop again -even if you offer us a Lekkian hectare.

Heck, if you park your ride to buy buredi (aka bread), and you think we are gonna mob you "Lagos go-slow style", you have got another think coming. Berra come down, and buy it yourself, "abi shey ko le bosile nii?" (Can't she come down? Mscheeeew!

The average Ekiti individual, will not kowtow for profit.

Our brains are connected to our pride, and not our bellies. And this explains why we are not as rich as Lagosians, or Osun people for that matter. (No insult intended please. Focus on my message)

As such, when we vote, it is either for love, or vengeance. And if for vengeance, then it means we have been pushed beyond our means to endure.

Ekiti people are the Magas, of the south-west. We do not complain, and we do not ask for too much. Let us be Teachers -just pay our wages as at when due.

Take all our Cocoa, and build Cocoa House with it in another man's land. Heck, take it to Eko, that ancient annex of Benin Kingdom, and develop the place with it. Just do not impose your will on our homogeneity.

To assume that we are thinking, voting or fighting because we blindly follow one man, Gov-Elect Ayo Fayose, is thinking at its most embarrassing depth.

We follow him because we are tired of Fayemi.

We voted him, because Fayemi messed up.

We fight because we know who killed Omolafe.

Eye ke l'oru, omo ku laaro.... and we ask who killed the child.

You all may stew in your ignorance, but I will have served a few teachable folks who I hope now see better.

Ekiti are not fools, we are simply patient to a fault, and when our mind is made, not even the courts can change it.

Thank you for reading and Good Morning.

Cc Afam4eva maclatunji seun lalasticlala please do the needful and let's people read this so that they can learn something about Ekitis and stop spewing trash concerning us please.

4 Likes

Re: Lesson About Ekiti-state...ile-iyi, Ile-eye by Tunjasko(m): 11:21am On Sep 27, 2014
tnkzz bro 4 dizz revealing msg....we voted against Fayemi....how would an incumbent lose in all d local govt including his home town??

3 Likes

Re: Lesson About Ekiti-state...ile-iyi, Ile-eye by gede7744(f): 11:36am On Sep 27, 2014
nice write up jare.

shows u know our ppl very well

2 Likes

Re: Lesson About Ekiti-state...ile-iyi, Ile-eye by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 27, 2014
gede7744: nice write up jare.

shows u know our ppl very well

If goes by ur moniker...are you from igede ekiti?

I was born and bred in Ekitiland

1 Like

Re: Lesson About Ekiti-state...ile-iyi, Ile-eye by aljharem(m): 11:52am On Sep 27, 2014
Op

Ekiti and Lagos are exactly the same thing in opposite side of the same coin

Both were part of benin
Both have governors imposed on them

Both are tired of APC lead tinubu

Love your write up

3 Likes

Re: Lesson About Ekiti-state...ile-iyi, Ile-eye by djjoad(m): 11:56am On Sep 27, 2014
Thanks for the message.....
Those of us who live in ekiti know the liars who lie without blinking and the murderers. Plenty of window dressing and commisioning of uncompleted projects. 1km of road =1 billion naira...even Jonathan isn't that bad.
We know APC are the wicked souls.
They made the worst attempts to rig the last election but it didn't work....and came with the theory of photochromic nonsense...
What pains us most is that apc appears to own all media outfit....both prints and internet...and thus tend to bend the history that will be passed to generations to come....
One thing I know for sure is....even if they succeed to hoodwink fayose...apc can no longer rule in ekiti..cos they can't stand the rage in people presently.
God bless our dear ekiti and punish apc in ekiti.
God of vegeance should quickly visit their families

2 Likes

Re: Lesson About Ekiti-state...ile-iyi, Ile-eye by oduastates: 12:15pm On Sep 27, 2014
Blah blah blah.
The only place you can excuse is Ikerre ekiti.
Apart from Ikerre.the rest of the state is a shithole with backward mentality.

1 Like

Re: Lesson About Ekiti-state...ile-iyi, Ile-eye by 2cato: 12:24pm On Sep 27, 2014
The problem of nigeria are the APC footsoldiers esp on nairaland.
Re: Lesson About Ekiti-state...ile-iyi, Ile-eye by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 27, 2014
oduastates: Blah blah blah.
The only place you can excuse is Ikerre ekiti.
Apart from Ikerre.the rest of the state is a shithole with backward mentality.

Don't be sentimental, i can mention some leaders in this your so called ikere who are contributing to the downfall of Ekiti politics but lipsrsealed

Why did Ikere fielded one[b] EIGHTY YEARS PLUS[/b] man to deputize Fayose if not because of your people's selfish interest undecided
stop painting some black and some saint my fellow

1 Like

Re: Lesson About Ekiti-state...ile-iyi, Ile-eye by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 27, 2014
aljharem: Op

Both were part of benin

Love your write up

I hope Lagos can borrow leave from Ekiti and vote the tyranny out

Since the death of Baba Abraham Adesanya,there is no Asiwaju in Yoruba Nation!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lesson About Ekiti-state...ile-iyi, Ile-eye by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 27, 2014
I happens to be in ekiti in 2012, and what i saw in that state was an open display of corruption by fayemi led govt. The Ado-Ekiti to Igbaraodo road through Ilawe in Ekiti SouthWest was a classic example of corruption with no limitation. The afore mentioned road was constructed by fayose but the drainages were about to be constructed before he was inpeached. For that reason some part of road were affected by erosion, i mean small portion of the road, the sloping end of the road for, that matter, was affected. Ok, we all expected fayemi to repair the affected portion of the road and complete the drainages started by fayose, instead the governor and his cronies-contractors re-tilled the entire ilawe road with fresh ''kolota'' don't mind writings.
The part of the matter that annoys me the most is that the construction company is a quack one set up by fayemi cronies. Thier trucks are yellow in colour with no name. Such shedy construction works were common in other part of ekiti such as Ifake, ifalodun, ise-emure, ijero,ikere and so on.
In fact there has been systematic looting in ekiti state since the past three years. Gov Fayemi looted LG funds and that created a quarrel with him and lg workers, he looted the teachers funds and there was a war, he refused to pay coppers thier paltry 5000 naira and the coppers protested and he told them to go to hell for all he cares. In fact, he looted every thing worth looting.
What annoys me the most is that the media looked the other way while this inregularity goes on in Ekiti under the watchful eyes of fayemi and his brigade of corrupt officials. Ohh! What am i writing i forgot to mention that Fayemi and his fellow criminal minded governors in APC takes delight in bribing media houses in lagos. Oh least i forgot, i served in the gov house in ado ekiti and i saw how the media boys were bribed to present fayemi and his dirty government in good light . These hungry journalist were often bribed with 50k in most cases they recieve a paltry sum of 15k just to report the story in favour of fayemi. Distribution of faulty chiness tablets to secondary school students was one area the governor and his paid media boys failed ekiti people. The tablets were not only poor in standerd but were reported to be laptops. If that is where their dance of shame ended i would have closed my mouth, but the governor lied on the innocent kids when he said all the student received the so called 'laptop' while only 1 out of 20 student received that electronic waste he distributed.
( Modify) ( Quote) ( Report)( Share)

https://www.nairaland.com/1922273/fayose-issues-statement-recent-happenings#26667740

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lesson About Ekiti-state...ile-iyi, Ile-eye by gede7744(f): 3:52pm On Sep 27, 2014
marioking:

nope

ilupeju
Re: Lesson About Ekiti-state...ile-iyi, Ile-eye by gede7744(f): 3:52pm On Sep 27, 2014
marioking:

Re: Lesson About Ekiti-state...ile-iyi, Ile-eye by aljharem(m): 5:43pm On Sep 27, 2014
marioking:
I hope Lagos can borrow leave from Ekiti and vote the tyranny out
Since the death of Baba Abraham Adesanya,there is no Asiwaju in Yoruba Nation!!!

My brother we are praying lagosians open their eyes

We have learnt our lesson

1 Like

Re: Lesson About Ekiti-state...ile-iyi, Ile-eye by emiye(m): 5:58pm On Sep 27, 2014
As such, when we vote, it is either for love, or vengeance. And if for vengeance, then it means we have been pushed beyond our means to endure.

The write up is filled with pride coated ignorance. What vengeance? Any man who send his wife packing just because her stew is not delicious and goes ahead to replace her with a cheap prostitute will have himself to blame at the long run.

2 Likes

Re: Lesson About Ekiti-state...ile-iyi, Ile-eye by Nobody: 12:07am On Sep 28, 2014

Both were part of benin

Love your write up

Actually, Ekiti was never part of Benin; maybe you meant Ondo - which like Lagos, was also never part of Benin but had its kingship system influenced.

I understand you say you're an original Eko indegene but please keep it on record that Lagos was not under Benin, different parts of Lagos had their own different kings who called the shots within their territories - Oniru, Elegushi, Ojora etc.

It was just the Oba of Lagos system that had Benin influence but never had any powers over the territorial kings I mentioned above. By implication, Eko was never part of Benin smiley.

2 Likes

Re: Lesson About Ekiti-state...ile-iyi, Ile-eye by aljharem(m): 12:08am On Sep 28, 2014
9jacrip:

Actually, Ekiti was never part of Benin; maybe you meant Ondo. Which like Lagos, was also never part of Benin but had its kingship system influenced.

I understand you say you say you're an original Eko indegene but please keep it on record that Lagos was not under Benin, different parts of Lagos had their own different kings who called the shots within their territories - Oniru, Elegushi, Ojora etc.

It was just the Oba of Lagos system that had Benin influence but never had any powers over the territorial kings I mentioned above. By implication, Eko was never part of Benin smiley.
smiley

thanks
Re: Lesson About Ekiti-state...ile-iyi, Ile-eye by emmatok(m): 12:27am On Sep 28, 2014

Both were part of benin

Love your write up

LOL
Re: Lesson About Ekiti-state...ile-iyi, Ile-eye by Rexnegro(m): 1:08am On Sep 28, 2014
@op u only share it as u said I doubt if u re from ekiti...people voted for fayose cos they re deceived by his charismatic nature, someone who don't play by the rule of law..nothing you can tell me about ekiti that I don't about.....they don't know he's devil in disguise... Seriously I do say it ekiti don't need fayose again(he should go and enjoy ekiti fund he looted wen as gov)..fine ekiti have decided but what can he offer that a cool headed , peace loving person can't offer from pdp ? Fayose brought all the wahala ever known or linked to ekiti state...he don't have respect for elder..someone who abuse a whole ewi of ado back then? ...someone who was rumoured to be sleeping with unad female students wen he was gov ? Someone who did a fake poultry project and embezzle billions from it ? Someone whose P.A in name of goke stole billions? Someone who like wahala like food to be gov again in ekiti state ? Before his emergence ekiti was never showed on TV for bad tinz, but since he came into ekiti picture all sort of bad tinz started rolling into ekiti...imagine back then efcc never knew if ekiti even existed until fayose brought his wahala(looting I mean in dis term) ... He did a stupid water project in wich water tankers will be supplying stationed water tanks?(eventually the project was a waste of fund,who know if they even embezzle from it sef ) Ask me if that a sensible project ? During his time also a lot of ghost worker was in ekiti civil service labour force, perhaps the 1232 ghost worker fayemi did screening for n sacked...I can go on to say tinz about fayose and his thuggery ways of ruling ekiti state...seriously speaking ekiti don't need him...ekiti don't need someone who won't play the game according by the rules of law...before u quote me , for ur info am from ekiti state, finished from then Unad now Eksu n served there so notin I mean notin u can tell me about ekiti n fayose that don't I know ...also I don't do politics am not a freak but I just like to spit out my mind as I see it....so if u abuse or quote me wrongly .... Sango n amadioha go fire that hand u dey type with dia....
Re: Lesson About Ekiti-state...ile-iyi, Ile-eye by Nobody: 1:32am On Sep 28, 2014
It is unfortunate a lot of people do not understand the politics of Ekiti/Ondo states hence a lot of ignorant assumptions online these days.

I always feel sorry for some nairalanders whenever they spew nonsense regarding happenings in those states because they only listens to compromised media agencies of politicians whose agenda is to capture/retain power at all cost inspite of the fact that they have be roundly rejected by the people.

How do we build our nascent democracy if we fail to respect the will of the people via elections? Fayose may not be the best candidate but his people choose him to lead them for another 4 years, so why can't we respect that? Labelling ekiti people as thugs or assuming they voted for stomach infrastructure is an insult. If fayemi truly served his people why was he rejected in all the local govt areas?

A simple phone call to a friend/contact in ekiti will shed light on happenings there than these ignorance that is so common with people running their mouth on what they don't know nor understand.

1 Like

Re: Lesson About Ekiti-state...ile-iyi, Ile-eye by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 28, 2014
Rexnegro: @op u only share it as u said I doubt if u re from ekiti...people voted for fayose cos they re deceived by his charismatic nature, someone who don't play by the rule of law..nothing you can tell me about ekiti that I don't about.....they don't know he's devil in disguise... Seriously I do say it ekiti don't need fayose again(he should go and enjoy ekiti fund he looted wen as gov)..fine ekiti have decided but what can he offer that a cool headed , peace loving person can't offer from pdp ? Fayose brought all the wahala ever known or linked to ekiti state...he don't have respect for elder..someone who abuse a whole ewi of ado back then? ...someone who was rumoured to be sleeping with unad female students wen he was gov ? Someone who did a fake poultry project and embezzle billions from it ? Someone whose P.A in name of goke stole billions? Someone who like wahala like food to be gov again in ekiti state ? Before his emergence ekiti was never showed on TV for bad tinz, but since he came into ekiti picture all sort of bad tinz started rolling into ekiti...imagine back then efcc never knew if ekiti even existed until fayose brought his wahala(looting I mean in dis term) ... He did a stupid water project in wich water tankers will be supplying stationed water tanks?(eventually the project was a waste of fund,who know if they even embezzle from it sef ) Ask me if that a sensible project ? During his time also a lot of ghost worker was in ekiti civil service labour force, perhaps the 1232 ghost worker fayemi did screening for n sacked...I can go on to say tinz about fayose and his thuggery ways of ruling ekiti state...seriously speaking ekiti don't need him...ekiti don't need someone who won't play the game according by the rules of law...before u quote me , for ur info am from ekiti state, finished from then Unad now Eksu n served there so notin I mean notin u can tell me about ekiti n fayose that don't I know ...also I don't do politics am not a freak but I just like to spit out my mind as I see it....so if u abuse or quote me wrongly .... Sango n amadioha go fire that hand u dey type with dia....

You makes me laugh......for your info i am born and bought up in Ekiti, Orin Ekiti to be precise and have been there for like twenty-something years now grin....

Fayose has been a controversial personality since and will continue to be....He can be refer to as rough in manner, firm in deed and and iron hand in a velvet gloves! Fayemi on the other hand has been a humble, easygoing, softspoken and kindda slow-poison fellow...the bad occurrences in the last few weeks shows the kind of person he really is.

check all the towns in Ekiti, i dont think there is no town that you won't see Ayo ni o on their primary school wall. the dualization of Ado-ifaki road was started by this man you labelled corrupt....yeah he did photocromic or pseudo POULTRY grin, thats one of his many flaws....and i can beat my chest that ONE OF YOUR FAMILIES IS ONE OF THOSE GHOST WORKERS! (i dont mean to abuse you aba luka)

Fayemi contributed alot to the development of EKiti no doubt about that. The man is just a silent performing Governor. He lifted the Face of Ekiti both locally and internationally (ironically, no thanks to this man for tarnishing the image of my Humble local govt Ido/osi......Ibo ido/osi is synonymous to rigging)....but the flower he planted for billions of Naira THAT REFUSES TO GROW is also a major flaw of his. Come to think of it, if one of those principals that were sacked is your family

Yeah you may be old enough to be my papi or young enough to be my mate or junior one and you may know much about Ekiti politics more than i do yet i can still enlighten you on Ekiti politics!!!

Amadioha is for igbo people........I will just say ERINLE EKITI A GBE O OOOO
Re: Lesson About Ekiti-state...ile-iyi, Ile-eye by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 28, 2014
gede7744:

nope

ilupeju

Orin ekiti is mine
Re: Lesson About Ekiti-state...ile-iyi, Ile-eye by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 28, 2014
Timehin: It is unfortunate a lot of people do not understand the politics of Ekiti/Ondo states hence a lot of ignorant assumptions online these days.

I always feel sorry for some nairalanders whenever they spew nonsense regarding happenings in those states because they only listens to compromised media agencies of politicians whose agenda is to capture/retain power at all cost inspite of the fact that they have be roundly rejected by the people.

How do we build our nascent democracy if we fail to respect the will of the people via elections? Fayose may not be the best candidate but his people choose him to lead them for another 4 years, so why can't we respect that? Labelling ekiti people as thugs or assuming they voted for stomach infrastructure is an insult. If fayemi truly served his people why was he rejected in all the local govt areas?

A simple phone call to a friend/contact in ekiti will shed light on happenings there than these ignorance that is so common with people running their mouth on what they don't know nor understand.

Thanks my brother......It really takes Ekiti-Proper to understand our own very plights and stand!
What we did was simply vengeance and nothing more!
We are just tired of......many things about Fayemi not the party
We voted in Fayose because we are tired of fayemi
We voted fayose not the party
We revenged and avenged!!!
Erinle Ekiti a Gbe a ooooo
Re: Lesson About Ekiti-state...ile-iyi, Ile-eye by Rexnegro(m): 9:24am On Sep 28, 2014
marioking:

You makes me laugh......for your info i am born and bought up in Ekiti, Orin Ekiti to be precise and have been there for like twenty-something years now grin....

Fayose has been a controversial personality since and will continue to be....He can be refer to as rough in manner, firm in deed and and iron hand in a velvet gloves! Fayemi on the other hand has been a humble, easygoing, softspoken and kindda slow-poison fellow...the bad occurrences in the last few weeks shows the kind of person he really is.

check all the towns in Ekiti, i dont think there is no town that you won't see Ayo ni o on their primary school wall. the dualization of Ado-ifaki road was started by this man you labelled corrupt....yeah he did photocromic or pseudo POULTRY grin, thats one of his many flaws....and i can beat my chest that ONE OF YOUR FAMILIES IS ONE OF THOSE GHOST WORKERS! (i dont mean to abuse you aba luka)

Fayemi contributed alot to the development of EKiti no doubt about that. The man is just a silent performing Governor. He lifted the Face of Ekiti both locally and internationally (ironically, no thanks to this man for tarnishing the image of my Humble local govt Ido/osi......Ibo ido/osi is synonymous to rigging)....but the flower he planted for billions of Naira THAT REFUSES TO GROW is also a major flaw of his. Come to think of it, if one of those principals that were sacked is your family

Yeah you may be old enough to be my papi or young enough to be my mate or junior one and you may know much about Ekiti politics more than i do yet i can still enlighten you on Ekiti politics!!!

Amadioha is for igbo people........I will just say ERINLE EKITI A GBE O OOOO
Ok I don hear u o mr 20sumtin years in Erin ekiti.
Re: Lesson About Ekiti-state...ile-iyi, Ile-eye by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 28, 2014
Rexnegro:
Ok I don hear u o mr 20sumtin years in Erin ekiti.

I can now understand you better.....you seem to take a stand with one the two in question( Fayose and Fayemi)

I was an Active student unionist and i served during Fayose regime and also served fairly during Fayemi's too so i knw much about their govt....mr amadioha grin

(1) (Reply)

Down Memory Lane court Sacks 37 Pdp- to-apc Defecting Reps / Military Rule Is Necessity, Says Buhari As Obasanjo Picks Pdp Nomination Form / APC Commends Jonathan, Media and People Of Lagos For Successful Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.