Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: (8716 Views)

10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses / 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES / Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 06, 2014
patrickmuf:
Pledge your allegiance to God and God alone? Even the Bible says give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar... Hypocrites everywhere you turn...Religion is just a control tool

Meaning that the obedience we give to caesar is relative, not absolute.
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by CANTICLES: 11:25am On Oct 06, 2014
I dont know how u guys think ..... The watchtower you are talking about always quotes the Bible here and there , advising its reader to open his/her own bible to see for herself ! And the truth is that witnesses study the Bible from Genesis To Revelation every week in theoratic ministry school ! Each witness is even advised to make sure they read the bible themselves !!! I Personally Use Like 5 Bible Translations ! Am A Truth - Seeker NOT somone who just worm the bench and listen to sermons of some already deceived pastors or clergy or watever u call them !!! BIBLE is the sole - authority .... And ask a witness a question and see if he wont be answering you from the bible, dont be fooled JEHOVAH is the name of God ( Psalm 83:18; Exodus 6:3) Chai! Cant U Open Ur Bible And Read For Once ??

1 Like

Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 06, 2014
Taylor184:
Really?
But i would like to know if Jehovah Witnesses study their scripture without making recourse to Watchtower or Awake,i mean just studyin the bible on it own!

That is what is expected of an individual witness, so have a personal bible study, embark in research, prove the truth to himself.

No witness is expected to accept all he has been taught gullibly, he should prove it to himself, ie, MAKE THE TRUTH HIS OWN. That slogan is known by any true witness.

No witness is expected to accept a teaching cos his parents accepted it, in short we believe that no one is born a Witness. One has to learn and choose to be a witness on his/her own.

Immediately you see a new teaching, you are expected to make it your own, and also ask question if you are confused.

Do you think that witnesses can defend there faith in the field without being convinced by themselves?

In fact, the more you delve into personal study, the more you get sophisticated as a witness. We are encouraged to dive deep.

So even the Watchtower publication is not encouraging you to believe gullibly. The publications is not infallible, but God's word is.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 06, 2014
pweedyuz:
19. Our bible is the one nd only bible...every other one is irrelevant nd fake

i love dem jehova witness cos of ur works buh u guys can turn bible eh!!!
nd u dont try nd listen to what others have to say,,,,ur word is ur word
jesus was nailed to a stake,after dis world comes paradise

Well,,evrione to his own beliefs

They listen to what others have to say, and they make changes when they see they were in the wrong.

it is others who hold to there teaching till they die, whether the teaching is satanic or not. Change is never in there dictionary.

It is even other religion that turn the bible upside down.

Why it looks hard to believe is that xtendom have turned the bible upside down many centuries ago, that even that false teaching has crept into some manuscripts and translations. so the error had got a long history that when the truth is rediscovered, it is now viewed as falsehood.

The cornerstone of present xtendom, the trinity teaching is never found in the bible, nor was it implied. Yet this teaching unknown by the apostles is now the cornerstone of xtendom.

When the true teaching is rediscovered, it is termed falsehood cos that heresy had been there for long, and had gained wide acceptance. But truth remains truth.
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by CANTICLES: 12:08pm On Oct 06, 2014
Taylor184:
The problem i have with Jehovah witness is that they are too dogmatic and they hold tenaciously to their beliefs without subjecting it to critical thinking!!!

How on earth dyu want me to follow a SECT that do not pray with other people?
... Jehovah's Witnesses Pray Alot # Confirmed Fact# Oh! Are you still of the idea that they should pray With You Before preaching ?? I Know representatives of other religious groups do that. But Jehovah's Witnesses dont! Y? Beacause Jesus Instructed his disciples to go about their work of preaching in another manner . As a christian, BIBLE IS SUPREME .. Instead of Jesus saying ' when you enter a house , first pray' NOTICE what he said as found in matthew 10:12,13 .... Av u seen it? Just "Greet the household"... And see in verse 7 what d disciples are to talk about? God's Heavenly Kingdom ,So How Can That Kingdom Affect U And Me Bcoz It Will Make Gods Will To Be Done In Heaven, ALSO UPON EARTH As Jesus Prayed In Mat6:9,10
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by cestmoiparadign: 1:37pm On Oct 06, 2014
paulGrundy:

I asked you a question and you are refering me your website, you didn't even post the link to the answer.

Am not clicking on that site.
grin grin grin
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by pweedyuz(f): 2:58pm On Oct 06, 2014
JMAN05:

They listen to what others have to say, and they make changes when they see they were in the wrong.

it is others who hold to there teaching till they die, whether the teaching is satanic or not. Change is never in there dictionary.

Why it looks hard to believe is that xtendom have turned the bible upside down many centuries ago, that even that false teaching has crept into some manuscripts and translations. so the error had got a long history that when the truth is rediscovered, it is now viewed as falsehood.

The cornerstone of present xtendom, the trinity teaching is never found in the bible, nor was it implied. Yet this teaching unknown by the apostles is now the cornerstone of xtendom.

When the true teaching is rediscovered, it is termed falsehood cos that heresy had been there for long, and had gained wide acceptance. But truth remains truth.
i guess u r one of dem!!
but all dis things ur saying here is just big grammar.

no one will accept dat his/her belief is wrong
but im talking from experience nd other people can testify to d facts i made

d bible is a book with diff authors....not everything was recorded in d bible, mind u!!
even d last chapter in the book of john said so....if evritin was been recorded down,,,d bible will b d biggest book in the history of books...
but dere r other religious books dat talks about d works of christ..

i rili do not want to argue cos i know that i know nothing..i just made my comment from my observations nd my dealings with dem jehova witness..nd ddey maintain dat deir word is dia word...dey love argument nd even wen u bring dem facts and evidence to back up what u are saying.....dia reaction will b "you r OYO".*drops pen*
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by paulGrundy(m): 6:56pm On Oct 06, 2014
JMAN05:

Of course, and that is why we use it when calling at your door. Are you not observant?

Well said, so can the bible contradict itself or make failed predictions?
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Nobody: 7:16pm On Oct 06, 2014
I have a question:- why don't JWs marry others...I mean,aside their fellow JWs..?
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by paulGrundy(m): 7:56pm On Oct 06, 2014
CANTICLES:
I dont know how u guys think ..... The watchtower you are talking about always quotes the Bible here and there , advising its reader to open his/her own bible to see for herself ! And the truth is that witnesses study the Bible from Genesis To Revelation every week in theoratic ministry school ! Each witness is even advised to make sure they read the bible themselves !!! I Personally Use Like 5 Bible Translations ! Am A Truth - Seeker NOT somone who just worm the bench and listen to sermons of some already deceived pastors or clergy or watever u call them !!! BIBLE is the sole - authority .... And ask a witness a question and see if he wont be answering you from the bible, dont be fooled JEHOVAH is the name of God ( Psalm 83:18; Exodus 6:3) Chai! Cant U Open Ur Bible And Read For Once ??

You said the watchtower encoarage people to study the bible alone. Ok what can you say of these watchtower quotes?

"However, we cannot hope to acquire a good relationship with Jehovah if we ignore those whom Jesus has appointed to care for his belongings.Without the assistance of “the faithful and discreet slave,” we would[b]neither understand[/b] the full import of what we read in God’s Word nor know how to apply it." Examining the Scriptures Daily 2012 Mar 4

"The point is that Christians have implicit trust in their heavenly Father; they do not question what he tells them through his written Word and organization." Watchtower 1974 July 15 p.441
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by paulGrundy(m): 8:13pm On Oct 06, 2014
JMAN05:

By the choice of the word "they" who are you refering to?

So why is it that it is other religions that are turning bible upside down, only the watchtower is right. Could you proffer an explanation for your claim?

You sound very convinced of the watchtowers teachings, understand. But then your convinction must be based on strong evidence, not sentimental affilation. Keep in mind that as you are accusing other groups of preaching falsehoods, so also are fingers pointing at you. You must have a distinguishing feature that should be able to convince others.

Am waiting for your strong evidence.
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 06, 2014
paulGrundy:

By the choice of the word "they" who are you refering to?

So why is it that it is other religions that are turning bible upside down, only the watchtower is right. Could you proffer an explanation for your claim?

You sound very convinced of the watchtowers teachings, understand. But then your convinction must be based on strong evidence, not sentimental affilation. Keep in mind that as you are accusing other groups of preaching falsehoods, so also are fingers pointing at you. You must have a distinguishing feature that should be able to convince others.

Am waiting for your strong evidence.

You need evidence to tell you that trinity is never found in the bible and never was implied? do you need google to tell you that xmas is pagan, and easter?

You need google to tell you that elders as a group takes care of a congregation and not one man pastor rule?

You need it to be pointed to you that paganism was christainized in the past, and that christendom was paganised. You need history to come to your house to tell you that corruption crept into the true teaching of Christ?
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 06, 2014
paulGrundy:

Well said, so can the bible contradict itself or make failed predictions?

A little baby knows answer to that.
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by paulGrundy(m): 10:36pm On Oct 06, 2014
JMAN05:

A little baby knows answer to that.

You did not answer my question
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by paulGrundy(m): 10:40pm On Oct 06, 2014
JMAN05:

You need evidence to tell you that trinity is never found in the bible and never was implied? do you need google to tell you that xmas is pagan, and easter?

You need google to tell you that elders as a group takes care of a congregation and not one man pastor rule?

You need it to be pointed to you that paganism was christainized in the past, and that christendom was paganised. You need history to come to your house to tell you that corruption crept into the true teaching of Christ?

You did raise matters worthy of discussion, am tempted to discuss the points in this quote, but I won't in order to avoid derailing the thread. I would rather you adresses the points raised in my quote.
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 07, 2014
I asked a question...why is nobody answering me?
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Uteghe(m): 7:42pm On Oct 07, 2014
Watch Tower Society is a cult.

1 Like

Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 07, 2014
debdave:
I have a question:- why don't JWs marry others...I mean,aside their fellow JWs..?

1Cor. 7:39
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 07, 2014
JMAN05:

1Cor. 7:39
So you can't explain it yourself?.... What if I don't understand..."even" after reading the bible?.#explain#

1 Like

Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 07, 2014
Uteghe:
Watch Tower Society is a cult.

Definition and Proves.

compare ur definition with first century xtianity. oya.
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 07, 2014
debdave:

So you can't explain it yourself?.... What if I don't understand..."even" after reading the bible?.#explain#

If u dont understand, check our website or ask a witness around you.
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 07, 2014
JMAN05:

If u dont understand, check our website or ask a witness around you.
Na wa o. So,if I were to come to you with this same question..would you refer me to your website or other JWs around?...OR if you were doing your door to door preaching...and I ask you same question...you'll tell me to go to your website or ask other witnesses?.
OR
All in all- let's say am an illiterate..can't read and obviously can't use the net. Will I still get this same answer from you?
#just wanna know#.
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Funke4Jesuss(f): 9:57pm On Oct 07, 2014
I like u jehovah witnesses for one thing - u are zealot about the things of God. But u are totally getting it wrong, and it may cost u your place in heaven.
U are meant to be witnesses for christ, not to be witnesses for jehovah.
The bible says no man can see God except through his son, Jesus. So, u av to accept Jesus as ur lord and saviour for u to be saved
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Uteghe(m): 11:00pm On Oct 07, 2014
JMAN05:

Definition and Proves.

compare ur definition with first century xtianity. oya.
CT Russell was numerologist and Rosicrucian.
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 08, 2014
Uteghe:

CT Russell was numerologist and Rosicrucian.

Proves
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 08, 2014
Funke4Jesuss:
I like u jehovah witnesses for one thing - u are zealot about the things of God. But u are totally getting it wrong, and it may cost u your place in heaven.
The bible says no man can see God except through his son, Jesus. So, u av to accept Jesus as ur lord and saviour for u to be saved

We witness for God and Jesus. Jesus activities is as a result of him being a Jehovah's witness.

So when you proclaim God's means of salvation, and His messianic kingdom, you are bearing witness to God and Jesus as well.

We accept Jesus as our lord and savior. He is however, the lesser lord and savior. His Father is the Almighty Lord and Savior. He was the one who made the provision for a savior. Titus 2:10

1 Like

Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Funke4Jesuss(f): 12:29pm On Oct 08, 2014
JMAN05:

We witness for God and Jesus. Jesus activities is as a result of him being a Jehovah's witness.

So when you proclaim God's means of salvation, and His messianic kingdom, you are bearing witness to God and Jesus as well.

We accept Jesus as our lord and savior. He is however, the lesser lord and savior. His Father is the Almighty Lord and Savior. He was the one who made the provision for a savior. Titus 2:10
I understand what you are trying to say.
But i will ask you this question. Lets say i build a house and rent it out to tenants. And i order the tenants to be giving the house rent to my son, and in turn my son hands it to me, do u think i will be happy if they try to bypass my son and come directly to me?
Thats how it is with God. John 3:16 He sent his only begotten son, that whosoever believes in him will have an everlasting life.
How do you believe in jesus?
Ans: You have to accept him as your lord and savior.
And jesus also said, whenever u pray, ask whatever u want in my name (not jehovahs name). So if u do not follow this teaching, it means u are disobeying God. (thats if u believe Jesus christ is the Son of God and he cannot lie).
Read John chapter 5&6
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by apidum(m): 12:59pm On Oct 08, 2014
Jehovah Witness and their members should repent before the wrath of God will fall on them. They don't believe that Christ Is God and if you forsake christ you not for God
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by gede7744(f): 2:47pm On Oct 08, 2014
JMAN05:

see confusion
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by mhisskel(f): 4:51pm On Oct 08, 2014
mmsen:
20. They are as crazy as their Catholic, Protestant and Muslim brethren.
u v practically condemned all....so which du u bliv in
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by mhisskel(f): 4:57pm On Oct 08, 2014
apidum:
Jehovah Witness and their members should repent before the wrath of God will fall on them. They don't believe that Christ Is God and if you forsake christ you not for God

U re nt to determine wu d wrath of God wee fall on. That shd b clear enof dat God sent his Only begotten Son to die for we sinners. He didnt send himsef. Remember dat Jesus also prayed to his fada nt himsef.And so many mre biblical accounts proves dat Jesus s Gods son nt God himsef. If i tell u dat if u see me u ve seen my mum, does dat mke me my mum? So b4 u nail Jehovah Witnesses to d cross....try gettn married to ur bible.

1 Like

Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by mhisskel(f): 5:02pm On Oct 08, 2014
Funke4Jesuss:

What does it mean to accept Jesus christ as personal lord n saviour? Is it by mere word of declaration. In d process of accepting him as ur lord n saviour dnt forget dat its to God almighty we shd render sacred service. U pray to God tru Jesus nt takn bth Jesus and God to b one asin One peson

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

''All The Major Religions Are Part Of One Conspiracy'' - David Icke / Join Pastor Chris To Pray On Yookos / Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.