Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: (8714 Views)

10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses / 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES / Facts You Should Know About Jehovah's Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by grandstar(m): 6:34pm On Nov 06, 2014
Yooguyz:

So basicly in essence you are saying that ONLY JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES have the truth, am I right or wrong?

There is only one Truth. Who does the cap fit?, John 15:17-19, John 17:14-16,Matthew 24:14, Matthew 24:9, John 13:34-35, Luke 6 :21-26
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 06, 2014
They are silent, don't disturb their neighbours and don't spread hate messages.
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by paulGrundy(m): 10:01pm On Nov 06, 2014
grandstar:

There is only one Truth.

grin grin grin It seems that you can't see my signature, ok lemme copy and paste for you to see.

"A religion that teaches lies cannot be true." Watchtower 1991 Dec 1 p.7

So lemme ask you something about the ONLY TRUTH. Does truth lie and contradict itself?

Who does the cap fit?, John 15:17-19, John 17:14-16,Matthew 24:14, Matthew 24:9, John 13:34-35, Luke 6 :21-26

John 15:17-19King James Version (KJV)

17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.

18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

This cap fits all christain groups, haven't you noticed the disgust the west shows towards christainity and even the hatred against ministers and pastors here in Nairaland?

John 17:14-16New International Version (NIV)

14 I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world. 15 My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of it.

The west is cynical towards the bible and bible believing groups. It is not uncommon for people to accuse bible belivers of dangerous fundamentalism.

Mattew 24:14

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets and shall shew great signs and wonders insomuch that if it were possible, they shall decieve the very elect.

How does this quote apply to what we are talking about?

Mattew 24:9
Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted and shall kill you and ye shall be hated of all nations for my names sake.

At the wake of the nazi era many christain groups that maintain neutrality war were hated and killed for their stance. E.g Jehovahs witnesses, corpus christi society of the catholic church, few independent churches.

John 13:34-39
A new commandment I give unto you that ye love one another; as I have loved you that ye also love one another.
By this shall all men know that ye also love one another

All christain groups show love to one another.

Luke 6:21-26New American Standard Bible (NASB)

21 Blessed are [a]you who hunger now, for you shall be satisfied. Blessed are you who weep now, for you shall laugh. 22 Blessed are you when men hate you, and ostracize you, and insult you, and scorn your name as evil, for the sake of the Son of Man. 23 Be glad in that day and leap for joy, for behold, your reward is great in heaven. For in the same way their fathers used to [b]treat the prophets. 24 But woe to you who are rich, for you are receiving your comfort in full. 25 Woe to you who [c]are well-fed now, for you shall be hungry. Woe to you who laugh now, for you shall mourn and weep. 26 Woe to you when all men speak well of you, for their fathers used to [d]treat the false prophets in the same way.

Many ministries and pastors are not spoken well of by men because of their doctrinal stance e.g kenneth hagin, JWs e.t.c.
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by chinedumo(m): 12:01am On Nov 07, 2014
2cato:
If 800 people ar becoming JW every day since their inception then you are suppose to be having a total of 2000billion member and not 8million. Correct me if i am wrong.

you are wrong.

Put into account the dead witnesses
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Antivist(m): 7:13am On Nov 07, 2014

Statistics show that in a recent year the average number of people becoming Jehovah's Witnesses is 800 per day

Wow. 800 people every day?! I almost can't believe that there are that many gullible idiots.
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by paulGrundy(m): 7:16am On Nov 07, 2014
chinedumo:

you are wrong.

Put into account the dead witnesses

Going by your logic the Catholic church that has over 1 billion members today should have 6billion, puting into account dead catholics.

Suprising enough you never showed the statistics of witnesses who had died.
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Antivist(m): 8:10am On Nov 07, 2014
Abuamam:
They are silent, don't disturb their neighbours and don't spread hate messages.

How do you not realise that this is an outright lie?
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Antivist(m): 8:12am On Nov 07, 2014
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Alexk2(m): 9:08am On Nov 07, 2014
debdave;
I asked a question...why is nobody answering me?[/color]

I asked a question...why is nobody answering me?[/color]
JW cannot accept the general Christian believes and hence cant associate in marriage with others.

If you arent a JW, i wonder why you'll dream of marring them to start with! To me, itz a NO NO.
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 07, 2014
Alexk2:

JW cannot accept the general Christian believes and hence cant associate in marriage with others.

If you arent a JW, i wonder why you'll dream of marring them to start with! To me, itz a NO NO.
First- thanks for your reply.
Second-i didn't say I want to marry a JW. It was just a question.
Third- what is wrong with marrying a JW if You're not one?. Just because you can't ,doesn't mean others can't or won't.
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Alexk2(m): 11:01am On Nov 07, 2014
debdave:
First- thanks for your reply.
Second-i didn't say I want to marry a JW. It was just a question.
Third- what is wrong with marrying a JW if You're not one?. Just because you can't ,doesn't mean others can't or won't.
uwc dear.
It was a general poser as i dont mean u wana marry a JW....
morally, legally there is nothing wrong oo but as for true Christians it should not be an option. besides, common sense should warn us of impending danger in such union. show me a couple who dont share same believe and i'll show you an incompatible couple planning a disaster!

1 Like

Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by chinedumo(m): 1:18pm On Nov 07, 2014
paulGrundy:

Going by your logic the Catholic church that has over 1 billion members today should have 6billion, puting into account dead catholics.

Suprising enough you never showed the statistics of witnesses who had died.

a lot of witness have died since inception
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by paulGrundy(m): 7:07pm On Nov 07, 2014
chinedumo:

a lot of witness have died since inception

So it is Catholics that have never died since inception. What an intelligent way of reasoning! A round of applause for you.
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by chinedumo(m): 7:17pm On Nov 07, 2014
paulGrundy:

So it is Catholics that have never died since inception. What an intelligent way of reasoning! A round of applause for you.

if cathilics dead are numberd they will surely surpass 2billion
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 08, 2014
Paulgrundy and yooguyz are the same persons. and he is an apostate disfellowshiped for his bad conduct.

If you are a true witness, ignore his posts. 1cor. 5:11
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by paulGrundy(m): 8:10pm On Nov 08, 2014
^^^ funnily enough am not a JW, was never a JW can never be a JW. How many times do I have to keep the record straight. If you don't agree with my points why don't you engage me in a respectful dialogue or better still ignore my posts?

I still love you with the love of God even though you hate me very much smiley

God bless you smiley
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by BERNIMOORE: 2:48pm On Nov 15, 2014
paulGrundy:
^^^ funnily enough am not a JW, [size=16pt]was never a JW[/size] can never be a JW. How many times do I have to keep the record straight. If you don't agree with my points why don't you engage me in a respectful dialogue or better still ignore my posts?

I still love you with the love of God even though you hate me very much smiley

God bless you smiley

paulgrundy(flip);''i was NEVER A JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES'' paulgrundy (flop) i was raised 'A JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.... flip,flop statements by paulgrundy impersonator

https://www.nairaland.com/1918340/story-paul-grundy

paulGrundy (m): 3:49pm On Sep 24

I am the author of jwfacts.com and here is my story:

I was raised [size=16pt]a Jehovah's Witness[/size] by loving parents.
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Nobody: 6:22pm On Nov 15, 2014
Antivist:

How do you not realise that this is an outright lie?

It is not a lie. I live directly opposite a JW kingdom hall. They are very considerate of their neighbours. You hardly know when they meet, except that on some days you see many cars parked outside. Very polite people too. Generally, Catholics do share some of those traits too.

Contrast that with were I was living previously; wheew! There were 4 major pentecostal churches competing with each other. There were also about 2 or 3 budding 'pastors' who had loudspeakers in the windows of their rented flats. The nightly cacophony of 'deliverances' with people vomitting demons and guttural speaking in tongues, all to a background of off-tone singing and caterwauling in 3 different languages (tongues excluded) is better imagined than experienced. ALL night, EVERY night. I had to pack out or my BP would have hit the sky.

Give praise where praise is due. JW are good neighbours and nice people. Most Catholics too, though I believe the two have huge theological differences.
And I am a muslim, so it is not a denominational or doctrinal thing.
Re: 18 Facts That You May Not Know About Jehovah's Witnesses: by Sheridale(f): 11:52am On Jun 10, 2018
Analysis of Section Initiate Degree 6 Monograph 3
(Defending AMORC against Pierre S. Freeman Critics)

The class master closed the monograph teaching on the diseases of the bones. From the exhaustive list of bones there is listed such bones diseases as osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, osteopetrosis, and bone fracture. He ended with an admonition on how to maintain bone health – avoiding bad postures, exercising regularly as well as having good nutrition every day. Unlike the views of Pierre S. Freeman, the monograph teaches to maintain their health through practical practices rather than just using Rosicrucian healing techniques.

This monograph encapsulates the goal of health, which involves its maintenance (good health) and the prevention of illnesses. The physical body is usually fraught with the manifestation of illnesses, whether its root causes are physical or psychical. With this in mind, it is quite commendable that the class master begins by letting us know more about our physical body, especially about its frame, the skeleton. The skeletal system of bones performs several functions but overall, its importance is to serve as a supporting system for tissues, organs, muscles and other internal organs as well as to give shape to the body through its torso. The class master also explained that marrows of bones are the site of blood manufacture for the body, and are incredibly important for proper function. Additionally, the bones in the skeletal system have serve as protector to various delicate internal organs such as the heart and lungs; which are protected by the sternum and rib cage respectively, while the cranium protects the brain.

Also, it was revealed in the course of teachings of the Section Initiate Degree 6, Monograph 3 that our bones are dichotomized into three types – the long bones, the short bones and the flat bones. The long bones are the marrow-containing bones consisting of a hollow space in the middle for blood production. Short bones in the skeleton helps the body make delicate movements. For example, the bones composing the hands and the feet make it easy for us to move and bend them in various positions. The last category of the bone dichotomy is the flat bones which are revered for their shock-resisting capabilities, which is due to their flexible and extensible nature. Bones in this category are the ribs, the skull, the pelvis and such other bones.

In furtherance of the anatomy of the physical body with respect to the skeletal framework, the spinal cord was also a topic of discussion. The 33 vertebrae-containing structure spans from the base of the skull to the neck or cervical vertebrae to the thoracic vertebrae (at the chest region) down to the ribs, ending at the lumber and sacrum. These five sections of vertebrae will be revisited in forthcoming monographs so members were enjoined to master them for future references.

Still on the bone-by-bone analysis of the skeleton, the skeletal joints too were briefly addressed. And by joint, we mean the point of interconnection of two or more bones. From the monograph, we see that two types of joints exist, namely fixed joints and movable joints. The joints of the skull where the cranium bones meet and the joint at the chest bone are examples of fixed joints. The joints in appendages like the elbow and knee are examples of movable joints, which allow movements of the bones connecting at the joint.

The class master closed the monograph teaching on the diseases of the bones. From the exhaustive list of bones there is listed such bones diseases as osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, osteopetrosis, and bone fracture. He ended with an admonition on how to maintain bone health – avoiding bad postures, exercising regularly as well as having good nutrition every day. Unlike the views of Pierre S. Freeman, the monograph teaches to maintain their health through practical practices rather than just using Rosicrucian healing techniques.

Support AMORC at : www.watchingout4AMORC.org
Please like us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/watchingout4AMORC/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

''All The Major Religions Are Part Of One Conspiracy'' - David Icke / Join Pastor Chris To Pray On Yookos / Jesus was Mentioned In Pope Speech in retrospect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.