Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,476 members, 7,954,854 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:55 AM

Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With The Igbo? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With The Igbo? (1681 Views)

Are Nairalanders Representative Of Nigerians? / Are Nigerians Obsessed With Bad/evil News? / Why Are Some Fellas Obsessed With The ILAJE People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With The Igbo? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 27, 2014
The level of obsession of non Igbo nairalanders with the Igbo is becoming alarming. Hardly any day passes with an anti Igbo thread opening on nairaland. Yesterday it was a thread about Igbo hating Muslims and Islam which was only pulled down after many complaints, today again it's about 90% of the Igbo hating the Yoruba which has been pulled down anyway. Where these crazy posters get the statistics to back their claims is what I do not know, that though isn't my major concern. My concern is why the mods allow such hate inspired threads to start running in the first place before pulling them down.
To put the records straight, the Igbo hate nobody, what they hate is the injustice in Nigeria. If the Igbo hate Muslims and Islam, they wouldn't be living in millions in Muslim dominated areas of Nigeria and wouldn't allow Muslims live freely without molestation in Igboland. If they hate the Yoruba as alleged you won't find them in the west and the Yoruba living freely in Igboland. While the Igbo have suffered losses and even death in certain parts of Nigeria, I can't remember any attack in the East targeted at the Muslims and Yoruba. Nigerians need to allow the Igbo to live in peace in Nigeria.
To the Mods and Seun you have a duty to ensure that such anti Igbo and indeed anti anyone thread doesn't start running. It is dangerous.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With The Igbo? by folawiyoma(m): 3:55pm On Sep 27, 2014
I bet yours should be pull down asap cus I can see you are planning an atomic bomb there.

Yeye dey smell.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With The Igbo? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 27, 2014
True talk. Ibos are peaceful and fun to be with. I'm a yoruba but having lived in an ibo dominated environment, i've come to understand that ibos are undisputably the most peaceful tribe in Nigeria. I wish I were an Ibo cry

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With The Igbo? by myweb(m): 4:46pm On Sep 27, 2014
SmellMyFart: True talk. Ibos are peaceful and fun to be with. I'm a yoruba but having lived in an ibo dominated environment, i've come to understand that ibos are undisputably the most peaceful tribe in Nigeria. I wish I were an Ibo cry

I love ibos honestly and has lived among but "being the most peaceful" MBA.

But OP you are in for another e war. Come back in the next thirty minutes and see the battle you have created.
Re: Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With The Igbo? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 27, 2014
myweb:

I love ibos honestly and has lived among but "being the most peaceful" MBA.

But OP you are in for another e war. Come back in the next thirty minutes and see the battle you have created.
the emboldened,,,,,, do you have any proof to counter that? undecided
Re: Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With The Igbo? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 27, 2014
incase
Re: Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With The Igbo? by 2cato: 5:06pm On Sep 27, 2014
A situation where the Yoruba and igbo are seen each other as traitors thieves and bunch of retard idio.t what do you expect?
Re: Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With The Igbo? by 2cato: 5:06pm On Sep 27, 2014
A situation where the Yoruba and igbo are seen each other as traitors thieves and bunch of ret.ard idio.t what do you expect?
Re: Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With The Igbo? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 27, 2014
Oh boy...this thread is going to go south in 3...2.....1
Re: Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With The Igbo? by manny4life(m): 5:08pm On Sep 27, 2014
Seriously, many people take NL too seriously. That people hate Igbos on NL or not, why is that important? If they like you, will that add any shred of value to you? Why does it even matter? We Igbos need to reevaluate what matters to us and FOCUS. Stop chasing irrelevant issues that does not matter to the average Igbo citizen.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With The Igbo? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:09pm On Sep 27, 2014
I think igbos shld stop talking about other tribes..

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With The Igbo? by Descartes: 5:11pm On Sep 27, 2014
manny4life: Seriously, many people take NL too seriously. That people hate Igbos on NL or not, why is that important? If they like you, will that add any shred of value to you? Why does it even matter? We Igbos need to reevaluate what matters to us and FOCUS. Stop chasing irrelevant issues that does not matter to the average Igbo citizen.
Am with you on this.Very apt.Needles to say more.
Re: Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With The Igbo? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 27, 2014
They hate you?

You don't hate yourselves?

Anyway, you should get more than enough answers from this link

https://www.nairaland.com/1919829/welcome-anambra-state-thread-light/23#26669946

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With The Igbo? by ibedun: 5:18pm On Sep 27, 2014
OP you dey lie!! Igbo peaceful my foot

How many non-igbos do you see living in Igbo land?

Next to zero

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With The Igbo? by ibedun: 5:20pm On Sep 27, 2014
In real life I don't hate nor love Igbos BUT here on NL I do with a passion!!!!.
Re: Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With The Igbo? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 27, 2014
Sympathizer of the Igbos.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With The Igbo? by docsholz(m): 5:26pm On Sep 27, 2014
SmellMyFart: True talk. Ibos are peaceful and fun to be with. I'm a yoruba but having lived in an ibo dominated environment, i've come to understand that ibos are undisputably the most peaceful tribe in Nigeria. I wish I were an Ibo cry

it's never too late to change your name to uche or something

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With The Igbo? by AbachaGowon: 5:28pm On Sep 27, 2014

Tell me one genuine reason why u wished you belonged to that crawling tribe ?

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With The Igbo? by Waspy(m): 6:12pm On Sep 27, 2014
ibedun: In real life I don't hate nor love Igbos BUT here on NL I do with a passion!!!!.

Hmmm.....as in Igbos on NL can make you start up genocide. Real life, they are level headed

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With The Igbo? by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:13pm On Sep 27, 2014

When you idiots come on here spewing lies and trying to cause confusion you forget your previous words. Anyway, below is your post from September 21st:

SmellMyFart: yea. I'm tired of these my WASTERN brothers. Always making the IGBOS look sincere. Funny how they attributed sincerity in this case, to igbos rather than the actual tribe, Ibibio

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With The Igbo? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:28pm On Sep 27, 2014
Igbo people, learn to put the events of the Civil War behind. Their erroneous belief of stories told them by their "uncles", that Yoruba people are the foes should be done away with. There is hardly any tribe Ndigbo don't have a derogatory word for. In the 1990's in Port Harcourt, "June 12" was a derogatory word for Yoruba people.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With The Igbo? by johnmartus(m): 6:28pm On Sep 27, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:

When you idiots come on here spewing lies and trying to cause confusion you forget your previous words. Anyway, below is your post from September 21st:

eh we know the guy is ibo

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With The Igbo? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 27, 2014
docsholz: it's never too late to change your name to uche or something
lol. Nnanna would suffice grin
Re: Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With The Igbo? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 27, 2014
AbachaGowon:
I don't see them as "crawling". I see them as the most humanly and morally advanced tribe. I love'em wink
Re: Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With The Igbo? by Ymodulus: 6:52pm On Sep 27, 2014
My problem in this country is that we see A and call it B even when we do not have eye defects.

We see truth and say its lie even when we know its truth.

My brother stop deceiving yourself. The Igbo's have always bore hatred against the Hausa's since the BIAFRA War saga.

That's is why till today. Gowon is still an enemy.

The hatred by the Igbo's against the Hausa's is true. No body should deny it. Civil war leaves a scar among tribes.

Is it I Rwanda??, Kenya, Ghana, then what makes Nigeria different?.
Re: Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With The Igbo? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 27, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:

I refuse to quarrel here with a ret.arded cretin like you. It's so unwarranted and Degrading for someone like me. You can go look elsewhere for your fellow assholes.
Re: Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With The Igbo? by nku5: 6:59pm On Sep 27, 2014
OP - some are e-mercenaries while some are bigots encouraged by the mercenaries.

" I spoke to a 28-year-old chemistry graduate who patrols the online war front for one of Nigeria's popular politicians....

..."I usually use corruption and ethnicity to attack," he said"

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-29237507?SThisFB
Re: Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With The Igbo? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 27, 2014
No one truly hates the Igbos, I think its just JEALOUSY. And its not just the Igbos, they are jealous of the SS/SE Network of People. The SWers especially think we have come to conquer and take over Lagos State. The jealousy could only be vented as precipitated in comments on an anonymous way, and Nairaland offers that anonymity.

That needs not disturb any of us Biafran Nigerians, we must continue in this One Nigeria Experiment. This is the One Nigeria they wanted, we will make sure this one Nigeria works. We will take over everywhere.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With The Igbo? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 27, 2014
in real life you cant harm the most defenseless Igbo imbec1le not to talk of harming able bodies men and women.
you better love them because your losing hating them.

ibedun: In real life I don't hate nor love Igbos BUT here on NL I do with a passion!!!!.

Re: Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With The Igbo? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 27, 2014
AbachaGowon:
crawling tribe that made your region what it is today... Ewu ohia
Re: Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With The Igbo? by BrosPeters: 7:38pm On Sep 27, 2014
Billyonaire: No one truly hates the Igbos, I think its just JEALOUSY. And its not just the Igbos, they are jealous of the SS/SW Network of People. The SWers especially think we have come to conquer and take over Lagos State. The jealousy could only be vented as precipitated in comments on an anonymous way, and Nairaland offers that anonymity.

That needs not disturb any of us Biafran Nigerians, we must continue in this One Nigeria Experiment. This is the One Nigeria they wanted, we will make sure this one Nigeria works. We will take over everywhere.

Chidi, what are u trying to say?

Jealous of what? Take over everywhere? grin grin

why dont u start by solving the poverty ravaging ur life first? we saw ur pics last night- u are suffering embarassed embarassed

are u a Billyonaire in ur imaginary biafra currency?

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With The Igbo? by emmysoftyou: 8:26pm On Sep 27, 2014
i am a proud igbo man,i wil foreva remain an igbo and i wil continue to be an igbö,and i wil die as an igbo,and i wil come bak as igbo man...take it or leave it...

me,tunde and yinka, we grow up togetha,Yes togetha,we love ourselves so much bc we undastand ourselves like three brodas, so yu guys can kip hatin yursef on nairaland. That öne consign u
come to bariga,majority of the igbos guys nd yoruba guys understood themselve in dat getto call bariga..
yorubas re different,some of the tribal ones in nairaland are curse,yes they curse bc they ve nt mingle wit d gud önes among the igbos.
anyway some igbos too shu learn how to ignore some comment but defensive spirit wont allow them so they fire bak lik wounded lions.
but sincerely i love my igbo brodas.they fight any tribe that step on their toes,igbos re strong physically and educationally.wel am praising them..

bc am a proud igbo,i wil die igbo,and continue to be an igbo,and i wil come bak as igboid cool

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: IGP Orders For Tambuwal's Arrest / Alhaji Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa And Northern Elders Caught On Camera In London / Patience Jonathan Refuses To Leave Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.