Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,647 members, 7,955,353 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:46 PM

LASTMA: 50k Ticket And 10k Towing Vehicle! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASTMA: 50k Ticket And 10k Towing Vehicle! (4793 Views)

LASTMA Official, Army Cadet & Police In A Brawl In Lagos Today (Pics) / Oyibo Man Enters LASTMA Bike To Beat Traffic On Ikorodu Road [photos] / Woman Strips Off And Pole Dances To Stop Police From Towing Her Car (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASTMA: 50k Ticket And 10k Towing Vehicle! by manmade(m): 12:37am On Nov 18, 2014
suxes2005:
I don't really know how to start this.

But, the main thing is this: my Honday Baby Boy had a problem while I was driving; the usual Honda wahala!

Within 30 secs, and I mean it. Towing vehicle was there. Fortunately, it was in front of a mech workshop.

Then, the Lastma boss came and demanded we remove the car within 5mins.

We were still negotiating with the towing vehicle who happened to be working with them.

So, the Lastma boss started their usual rants and one of my friends got angry. He was like: we ought to be thankful no life was lost....

That was where the whole ish started. My car was towed to their office. This happened around CBD.

Withing 5 minutes, I was told to leave their office and two men from the mech workshop started begging on my behalf.

We were molested. Yet, I never raise a voice. I told the man I'm dedicating my child 2moro in church and god stuffs in the boot...

Well, I was smashed with 50k fine with offence code: MTFII.

Guys, I was told the code means obstructing traffic on high way....

Someone said the fine is 20k and I could actually be freed if it's so.

I'm not happy but still thank God no life was lost and the road was free today!

So, what's your take on this? How do I go about this?

Come to my aid and please leave Fashola and APC out of this.

Just help solve my case biko.

I expect u to be smiling by now because instead of doing child dedications alone, u will also be doing thanks giving for being forced to become a millionaire. Just get a lawyer take the ticket to him and explain everything, he knows wat to do in d crt.
Re: LASTMA: 50k Ticket And 10k Towing Vehicle! by KriTic24A: 7:25am On Nov 18, 2014
I have said more than often. Fashola is a hater of the poor.

1 Like

Re: LASTMA: 50k Ticket And 10k Towing Vehicle! by jaz(m): 2:08pm On Nov 18, 2014
guys how do i get a lawyer

I am really considering pursuing this matter to a logical conclusion.

First is my offence is willful obstruction of highway- i dont see how streets in ikeja computer village qualify as a highway
Second is there is no proof from lastma that i obstructed any motorist or parked wrongly
Third is some of the lastma officials and mayors informed us that there are touts in the area who collect #200 parking fee and once you dont pay they simply call lastma to tow ur car away. now i believe there is a way i can turn this info into tangible evidence.

how do i get a lawyer??
Re: LASTMA: 50k Ticket And 10k Towing Vehicle! by Nep2une(m): 1:52pm On Jan 10, 2015
if your car broke down yu suppose just call autosave roadside assistance they make sense. they normally send a mechanic to come help yu repair the car or send a towing van to pick yu. check their site http://autosave.com.ng or call 07051990781 anytime[color=#990000][/color]
Re: LASTMA: 50k Ticket And 10k Towing Vehicle! by Nep2une(m): 3:24pm On Jan 12, 2015
jaz:
after much persuasion I was asked to pay 30k and have my car. a fee I consider outrageous. . I was also informed by some lastma guys that cos I didn't pay #200 parking fee the area boys informed lastma to tow my car. the money is being shared by the lastma team leader and others.
they also told me that commissioner of transport for lagos knows about the shady methods lastma guys employ. they see a nice ride parked with no driver inside and they tow it away and slam it wt a huge price expecting u to negotiate

if your car broke down yu suppose just call autosave roadside assistance they make sense. they normally send a mechanic to come help yu repair the car or send a towing van to pick yu. check their site http://autosave.com.ng or call 07051990781

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed's Interview On Channels Tv and the pdp twist. / About Jonathan And His Aclaimed Universities. / You Think PMB Is Tall Right? Then You Need To See This...!!! (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.