Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,086 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment (1953 Views)

Still On The Lagos-Calabar Rail Line Controversy - Excerpt From Thisdaylive / Thisdaylive Provides Excerpt Of Tape Where Lai Said Economy Was Beyond Control / An Excerpt From El-rufai’s Book ‘the Accidental Public Servant’ On Atiku AGAIN! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by shinechinedu(m): 11:46pm On Sep 27, 2014
which politician spoilt Nigeria? It's foolish Nigerians that spoilt and are still spoiling Nigeria.

You should all be ashamed that less than 3% of Nigerians have put 97% of us in bondage. Really, it's pathetic.

Look at this 4,000 NYSC payment, do you realise if everyone agrees not to pay a dime, they'll cancel that thing? But no, Nigerians can sabotage themselves, a bunch of eediots will go and pay and the rest will have to follow suuite.

When that immigration stampede happened, there were enough people in the Abuja centre to march to aso rock and begin a revolution, but what happened? They all went home and thanked God they were alive to go on another job search tomorrow.

A courageous journalist exposed TB Joshua's condemnable act of bribery and Nigerians condemned the fellow and made shameful, eediotic excuses for the TB Joshua fellow, in a sane country, that man ought to be in jail facing murder and man-slaughter charges, not getting condolences from your president

The problem with Nigeria is it's people, the same people that want to run away and reap where they didn't sow- enjoy the benefits of good governance where the people demanded it, and until you all demand good governance, you'll continue to wallow in your self-pity and run away.

Like Mandela said "the leaders are a reflection of their people"

NOW IM ASKING, WHAT CAN HAPPEN TO US TO MAKE US START OUR OWN REVOLUTION AS A PEOPLE? IVE HAD ENOUGH ALREADY. HOW MANY OF US LOVE NIGERIA TO THE POINT OF FIGHTING FOR HER?

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by Nobody: 3:15am On Sep 28, 2014
shinechinedu: which politician spoilt Nigeria? It's foolish Nigerians that spoilt and are still spoiling Nigeria.

You should all be ashamed that less than 3% of Nigerians have put 97% of us in bondage. Really, it's pathetic.

Look at this 4,000 NYSC payment, do you realise if everyone agrees not to pay a dime, they'll cancel that thing? But no, Nigerians can sabotage themselves, a bunch of eediots will go and pay and the rest will have to follow suuite.

When that immigration stampede happened, there were enough people in the Abuja centre to march to aso rock and begin a revolution, but what happened? They all went home and thanked God they were alive to go on another job search tomorrow.

A courageous journalist exposed TB Joshua's condemnable act of bribery and Nigerians condemned the fellow and made shameful, eediotic excuses for the TB Joshua fellow, in a sane country, that man ought to be in jail facing murder and man-slaughter charges, not getting condolences from your president

The problem with Nigeria is it's people, the same people that want to run away and reap where they didn't sow- enjoy the benefits of good governance where the people demanded it, and until you all demand good governance, you'll continue to wallow in your self-pity and run away.

NOW IM ASKING, WHAT CAN HAPPEN TO US TO MAKE US START OUR OWN REVOLUTION AS A PEOPLE? IVE HAD ENOUGH ALREADY. HOW MANY OF US LOVE NIGERIA TO THE POINT OF FIGHTING FOR HER?

Nothing but the Truth soaked in Vinegar.

2 Likes

Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by tobtap: 9:47am On Sep 28, 2014
gbam!!!!!!!! bitter truth

1 Like

Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by thwarrior72: 11:53am On Sep 28, 2014
Op get it into ur empty cranium....u can't fight for Nigeria & succeed, it will amount to effort in futility. Nigeria is not a nation, but country made up of nations. We don't believe in one thing, neither do we have a common destiny or aspiration. We are divided along religious and tribal lines

Don't liken us or ever envisage that what worked in Egypt,Tunisia and Ghana will ever work here. The citizens of these nations believed in one goal & hence speak with thesame voice. Unlike Nigeria, where an average northern is more concern about his imported Islamic religion ahead of his well-being & hence is tilted towards sharia & how to establish Islamic caliphate(BH as a case study) Two can only work together only if they agree and we are yet to agree on what should be our priority,if It's religion or fight for a balanced Nigeria that will respect the right of it citizen to practice whatever they believe without harassment & were meritocracy would be enshrined & appointment is given on merit instead of quarter system.

Our best shot at getting a better & working Nigeria is rigionalism or conference like Scotland did

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by iamord(m): 2:27pm On Sep 28, 2014
Op and safarigirl ! Much respect to u guys. Safari u went deep on this one.. Never seen u talk this way.. there is a lot to learn from this piece .. Only a true an unbiased person will see this from her point of view

2 Likes

Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by shinechinedu(m): 3:14pm On Sep 28, 2014
thwarrior72: Op get it into ur empty cranium....u can't fight for Nigeria & succeed, it will amount to effort in futility. Nigeria is not a nation, but country made up of nations. We don't believe in one thing, neither do we have a common destiny or aspiration. We are divided along religious and tribal lines

Don't liken us or ever envisage that what worked in Egypt,Tunisia and Ghana will ever work here. The citizens of these nations believed in one goal & hence speak with thesame voice. Unlike Nigeria, where an average northern is more concern about his imported Islamic religion ahead of his well-being & hence is tilted towards sharia & how to establish Islamic caliphate(BH as a case study) Two can only work together only if they agree and we are yet to agree on what should be our priority,if It's religion or fight for a balanced Nigeria that will respect the right of it citizen to practice whatever they believe without harassment & were meritocracy would be enshrined & appointment is given on merit instead of quarter system.

Our best shot at getting a better & working Nigeria is rigionalism or conference like Scotland did
I don't hve ur phone number, I would hve called u to talk more on what u just wrote cos I'm not really good at typing long stories(that's how hard I want this resolved). But kindly respond sincerelyto this two questions(at least we can start from there) which tribe are you from? Whhat religion do you subscribe to? I am ibo, and an agnostic! Real name is shine Chinedu. Let's get a heart to heart talk here brother
Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by safarigirl(f): 8:16pm On Sep 28, 2014
@OP, I'm flattered grin. Was actually thinking of writing something on Nigerians' role in governance, but I'll like to gather my points well enough first. Good topic, I've always beleived nothing good comes easy, there will always be casualties in a revolution, but you can either die a hero or die a nobody. Death will come to us all, but what counts is how we are remembered

2 Likes

Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by MeAboki(m): 5:03am On Sep 29, 2014
^^^^Much respect, you spoke well, hope more youths would begin thinking and acting likewise.
Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by Nobody: 5:15am On Sep 29, 2014
So the 4,000naira payment is really true?

This government are hell bent on milking nigerians dry.

1 Like

Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by mikolo80: 12:04pm On Oct 01, 2014
shinechinedu: which politician spoilt Nigeria? It's foolish Nigerians that spoilt and are still spoiling Nigeria.

HUNGER.WHEN NO MONEY TO BUY tokunbo CAR AND GALAxy IPHONE NOBODY WILL TELL THE MIDDLE CLASS TO START THE REVOLUTION.I BELIEVE IT GAS STARTED WITH HALF OF NOLLYWOOD RUNNING FOR OFFICE
Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by iamord(m): 12:10pm On Oct 01, 2014
[quote author=mikolo80] HUNGER.WHEN NO MONEY TO BUY tokunbo CAR AND GALAxy IPHONE NOBODY WILL TELL THE MIDDLE CLASS TO START THE REVOLUTION.I BELIEVE IT GAS STARTED WITH HALF OF NOLLYWOOD RUNNING FOR OFFICE[/quote

Lol.. Keep jonzing .. U think those people send u.. Politics in nigeria has become a personal achievement and has lost value. Any tom dick and harry can become a politician]
Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 01, 2014
safarigirl: @OP, I'm flattered grin. Was actually thinking of writing something on Nigerians' role in governance, but I'll like to gather my points well enough first. Good topic, I've always beleived nothing good comes easy, there will always be casualties in a revolution, but you can either die a hero or die a nobody. Death will come to us all, but what counts is how we are remembered
You too dey make sense.
Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 01, 2014
A people deserve the leaders they get.
Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by MayorofLagos(m): 1:52pm On Oct 01, 2014
thwarrior72: Op get it into ur empty cranium....u can't fight for Nigeria & succeed, it will amount to effort in futility. Nigeria is not a nation, but country made up of nations. We don't believe in one thing, neither do we have a common destiny or aspiration. We are divided along religious and tribal lines

I endorse this message!
Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by MayorofLagos(m): 1:56pm On Oct 01, 2014
I love the passion and articulation in SAFARIGIRL....she is a fighter, a beautiful one too. grin

She turned me off with her closure asking us to fight forNigeria.

If today wasn't Nigeria's birthday I would say some nasty things about this country. angry
Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by shinechinedu(m): 2:20pm On Oct 01, 2014
I got to delta state from lagos state yesterday cos my mum insisted that I celebrate the independence with them, I got home safely though and woke up around 7am to find my dad slaughtering a goat! I was stunned and asked what it was for and he happily replied " its for the celebration" I was just dumbfounded. And I was forced to ask, what are you really celebrating? The indepndence we got in 1960 or the slavery that our own people have put us? Sincerely everybody has their own reason to celebrate but to me, its just another day in a country where mediocrity is celebrated. I love my country for some personal reasons, but I strongly believe that we need to demand more from our leaders and be more active than keepin mute and celebrating slavery, some see the influx of entertainers into politics as a slow revolution of its own but please pardon my skepticism, I don't believe they are better. They might have clean intentions but I don't think the ones I've seen so far have the balls to make any tangible difference! Nigeria is a big and demanding country, she needs smart and tough minds to handle her, just like buhari said, we need common sense revolution. I'm just here scrolling through nairaland though, if you have good reasons for celebrating today please do comment let me see thanks, and to safarigirl, u re really a smart girl from the angle I've seen so far, I hope u keep it up and actually do more than writing too. Thanks

1 Like

Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by Ngwakwe: 2:29pm On Oct 01, 2014
Without acknowledging the present REALITY, every other talk na so so blah blah.

Resisting Change is anti revolution.

Expecting everybody to think alike is witchcraft.

Living in denial doesn't solve problems. Majority of Nigerians are satisfied with being better than few other closest door neighbours as it offers pride and non-existent dignity.

People should be allowed to choose their destiny after failed persuasion.

So many young social activists and crusaders are children of corrupt parents trying to point accusing fingers on others while their parents persist and engage in fraudulent practices and uncommitted attitude to work in government ministries and parastatal.
Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by argon500: 2:29pm On Oct 01, 2014
According to one of my brother, he said " Only a fool fight for the masses ( Nigeria) . I thought to myself after I had the word, 'this bros is not patriotic at all' .
Not until I started experiencing what he meant by his word. Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria . We keep on doing same mistake all the time.
@op, you hit the nail on the head. Kudos!
I believe they say ''If plan A doesn't work, the alphabet has 25 more letters - 204 if you're in Japan.''
Not until we come together as one, these same old cargo/cabal would continue rotating themselves and their family on us.

I dedicate this song to Nigeria for her independence day.

Nobody cares, no one's concerned
We all stand watching while the city burns
Some are jumping from the windows.
Some are crying in the street
And the situation's worsening
While the chasms getting deep
The Church cried out "Have mercy!"
The Mosque cried out "haba Allah
The masses halla "it go better"
How did the cat get so fat?

A good leader always teaches about forgiveness, (not fighting)
A good leader guides the people through the path of love, (just teach them love)
A good leader doesn't fight against the fighter, But instead teach them a lesson not to be like them.
A good leader doesn't promote on mass destruction,
A good leader works on self issues before the others,
A good leader is not a blamer but a compassionate soul,

Message to Nigeria politicians.

Disclaimer: Copyright is reserved

Happy 54th Independence Day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 01, 2014
I'm up for a revolution ff me on twitter so we can arrange one @elvisosho
Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by shinechinedu(m): 3:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
elvisosho: I'm up for a revolution ff me on twitter so we can arrange one @elvisosho
I understand ur eargerness to fight for our beloved country brother. I'm working on a site tho where willing nigerians can join and reason together, offline meetings will also be in place from time to time. But I'm not giving out a name yet. So when the time is right, yall will hve ur say. Let's see the bold minds
Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 01, 2014
OP is very right, the average Nigerian is not ready to fight for anything. We are used to mediocrity, it's only in Nigeria that you'll hear people should be thankful that the man at least did something like it's not part if his job. Plus all the excuses we continue to make for fraudulent people just because they are from or tribe or religion. The Day Nigerians rise up and say enough is enough that is when things will change

1 Like

Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by iamord(m): 3:19pm On Oct 01, 2014
shinechinedu: I understand ur eargerness to fight for our beloved country brother. I'm working on a site tho where willing nigerians can join and reason together, offline meetings will also be in place from time to time. But I'm not giving out a name yet. So when the time is right, yall will hve ur say. Let's see the bold minds

When I hear of some people here talk about revolution I just shake my head.. The have the fire in them now.. But as soon as they see retaliation .. The fire quuenches.. But if you are very serious its a move to be lauded.. If uu want to be successful in it.. Learn about the underweb.. Its a good avenue
Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by BlackTechnology: 3:20pm On Oct 01, 2014

It is funny you seek revolution based on social evil

My brother the only time Nigeria will experience revolution is after we have acknowledge our ethno-religious crime against one another.

The day a Muslim says sorry to a Christian for crimes committed by fellow Muslims

The day Yorubas apologize to Igbos for Awo's crime

The day Igbos acknowledge Zik messed up the Eastern unity upheld by the Eastern minorities

The day Hausa Fulani Kanuri etc accept that their sons messed up Nigeria

The day other crimes are addressed

That day Nigerians will unite against the corrupt elites.

One fact you don't know is that the elites have apologized to each other and so are united. But the ordinary men are yet to do so amongst themselves

Question for you

Do you expect me to join a revolution led by a Yoruba or Hausa or Fulani or etc against GEJ when the people of these tribes are yet to apologize for the crimes committed by their elites and them.

Do you know why SS and SE are united.? The ordinary men and their elites have apologized to one another.

No social revolution until an ethno-religious reconciliation takes place and it begins with you and I

Thanks and God bless you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by shinechinedu(m): 3:40pm On Oct 01, 2014
iamord:

When I hear of some people here talk about revolution I just shake my head.. The have the fire in them now.. But as soon as they see retaliation .. The fire quuenches.. But if you are very serious its a move to be lauded.. If uu want to be successful in it.. Learn about the underweb.. Its a good avenue
you wil be amazed how far we've gone brother! And just for the record, the kinda individuals that are pioneering this are the die hard type! Aint no going back. Its a move to revive Nigeria by concerned nigerians.
Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by shinechinedu(m): 3:46pm On Oct 01, 2014
BlackTechnology:

It is funny you seek revolution based on social evil

My brother the only time Nigeria will experience revolution is after we have acknowledge our ethno-religious crime against one another.

The day a Muslim says sorry to a Christian for crimes committed by fellow Muslims

The day Yorubas apologize to Igbos for Awo's crime

The day Igbos acknowledge Zik messed up the Eastern unity upheld by the Eastern minorities

The day Hausa Fulani Kanuri etc accept that their sons messed up Nigeria

The day other crimes are addressed

That day Nigerians will unite against the corrupt elites.

One fact you don't know is that the elites have apologized to each other and so are united. But the ordinary men are yet to do so amongst themselves

Question for you

Do you expect me to join a revolution led by a Yoruba or Hausa or Fulani or etc against GEJ when the people of these tribes are yet to apologize for the crimes committed by their elites and them.

Do you know why SS and SE are united.? The ordinary men and their elites have apologized to one another.

No social revolution until an ethno-religious reconciliation takes place and it begins with you and I

Thanks and God bless you
hello brother, a lot of things has happened since the almagamation and if you expect everybody to start apologizing, its gonna take an eternity. no body is innocent in this mess, igbo, hausa yoruba et al. So just let the pain go and put heads togetherin moving this nation forward.
Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by oluwalfa: 3:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
shinechinedu:

Ekwensu ekwekwala!

Satan forbid that I start anything to make Nigeria better.
Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by iamord(m): 3:50pm On Oct 01, 2014
shinechinedu: you wil be amazed how far we've gone brother! And just for the record, the kinda individuals that are pioneering this are the die hard type! Aint no going back. Its a move to revive Nigeria by concerned nigerians.

Ill like to be part of such..with a vision for the change to spread across africa.. But first the people that will be spear heading this need too free from the mind cage that has plagued nigerian africans, that think like there is no box.. That are ready to disregard any religion dogma or belief for the sake of nigeria.. There should be a going in and out plan.. Once again u should consider making use of the underweb..so that the plans can go uninterrupted
Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by shinechinedu(m): 3:52pm On Oct 01, 2014
oluwalfa:

Ekwensu ekwekwala!

Satan forbid that I start anything to make Nigeria better.
. The politicians owe you an apology for making you feel that way, but nigerians deserve an apology to what you just wrote there. Be positive man.
Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by shinechinedu(m): 3:55pm On Oct 01, 2014
iamord:

Ill like to be part of such..with a vision for the change to spread across africa.. But first the people that will be spear heading this need too free from the mind cage that has plagued nigerian africans, that think like there is no box.. That are ready to disregard any religion dogma or belief for the sake of nigeria.. There should be a going in and out plan.. Once again u should consider making use of the underweb..so that the plans can go uninterrupted
email me let's talk about that "shinecflash@yahoo.com ", thanks for ur opinions, all have been noted
Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by oluwalfa: 4:01pm On Oct 01, 2014
shinechinedu: . The politicians owe you an apology for making you feel that way, but nigerians deserve an apology to what you just wrote there. Be positive man.

nigeria is something created by a scottish drunkard. and you want me to fight for it? Satan forbid.
Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by BlackTechnology: 4:11pm On Oct 01, 2014
shinechinedu: hello brother, a lot of things has happened since the almagamation and if you expect everybody to start apologizing, its gonna take an eternity. no body is innocent in this mess, igbo, hausa yoruba et al. So just let the pain go and put heads togetherin moving this nation forward.

That's not how human social relationship works

Its like you telling the Jews to forget the Holocaust.

Until we address these issues, forget it
Re: This Post Is An Excerpt From Saffarigirl`s Comment by shinechinedu(m): 4:19pm On Oct 01, 2014
oluwalfa:

nigeria is something created by a scottish drunkard. and you want me to fight for it? Satan forbid.
every country has a history, the people that spearheaded its colonization and creation may make mistakes in decision making, but as an independent nation, we decide how we want our Newfoundland to look and feel like, this is our home now brother. The scotish are already long gone. How do you want your new environment to be like?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Did Jonathan Pay For The Fake Ceasefire? / What Is General Buhari's Yoruba Name? / JEGA To Be Suspended After Meeting With Osibanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.