Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,707 members, 7,824,000 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Ebola Epidemic: Where Are The Faith Healers In Africa? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ebola Epidemic: Where Are The Faith Healers In Africa? (23868 Views)

What Does An Atheist Do In An Ebola Epidemic? / Exposition Of The Occult Prophets And Healers In The Organizational Churches / The Tactics Of Fake Faith Healers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola Epidemic: Where Are The Faith Healers In Africa? by vooks: 8:18am On Oct 04, 2014
So NOBODY in the whole of West Africa has had enough faith to exorcise Ebola since the epidemic struck?

God heals when,where and on whomever He will not of anybody weilding 'healing verses' and having faith. The moment Christians understand that being born again does not transform you into a superman who orders God around is when Christianity will have arrived in Africa
judedwriter:
Very silly thread-wish I could get a return ticket to liberia for d chap that posted dis crap for him to hold a healing crusade for all those dying from ebola. Let's not tempt God-ebola is too small for Him, but He is no magician-God doesn't do miracles to entertain us-He does miracles according to our faith. Case closed wink
Re: Ebola Epidemic: Where Are The Faith Healers In Africa? by vooks: 8:26am On Oct 04, 2014
Brandishing 'healing verses' and having faith in God is no magic recipe for healing. God is sovereign and He heals when,where and whomever He wills, not whatever you command Him to. He is not a genie

The teaching that we can actually command God to do our bidding is why this question is being aksed
Miracles are packaged and exported for fee yet when the real test of their efficacy shows up, nobody will step up. If we had taught God's sovereignty in these matters, nobody would expect much from us even in the face of this epidemic. But teaching sovereignty is killing the goose that lays million nairas and US $$. Faith Healers champion invincibility & GUARANTEE and for this many gullible negroes pay them an arm and a leg. If I told you God can heal you when,where and whenever He wants to, that makes me 'ordinary' . So, why would you 'sow a seed' to 'tap into my healing prowess?

Over to the faith healers, the likes of mbaemeka; the joke is on you
KLand: The writer of the article was referred to as a "skeptic from Nigeria". That's funny...

Anyway, let him understand that spiritual things don't work that way. God still heals but He is a rewarder of those that diligently seek Him.

In most cases, it's the sick that goes to the doctor..... Not vice versa. Healing is available to those who go to God in faith. The men of God are not the healers in themselves, but channels .......

1 Like

Re: Ebola Epidemic: Where Are The Faith Healers In Africa? by michealadeizas(m): 8:45am On Oct 05, 2014
Plots of land for sale..in lugbe..maitama extension .galadima.dutse alhaji layout and kurudu
Re: Ebola Epidemic: Where Are The Faith Healers In Africa? by Boss13: 9:40am On Oct 05, 2014
tomiobj:
. They are afraid of catching d virus

What are they afraid of? Many are old and preach heaven, yet they are afraid of the so called heaven they assume to have deep knowlegde of than others.
Re: Ebola Epidemic: Where Are The Faith Healers In Africa? by Weah96: 1:13pm On Oct 05, 2014
ofsegs:
To those who chose to believe that there is no God. If in the end it turns out that there is no God, do you have any edge over those who chose to believe in God
What if in the end it turns out that God actually exists and you have refused to believe or obey him, what do you think will happen?

*just ponder on these things*

Which God are you talking about? There are different Gods like Shiva, Allah, and Jesus just to name a few.
These Gods are all mutually exclusive.

If you believe in Jesus as Lord then you don't believe in Shiva. Or Allah. There is no special room in the Muslim hell for the Jesus people.
Re: Ebola Epidemic: Where Are The Faith Healers In Africa? by Weah96: 1:19pm On Oct 05, 2014
vooks:
Brandishing 'healing verses' and having faith in God is no magic recipe for healing. God is sovereign and He heals when,where and whomever He wills, not whatever you command Him to. He is not a genie

Jesus said in the bible somewhere that a small amount of faith is capable of moving mountains. Into the ocean!!

What are you here talking about? What is the point of having faith if the God is going to do what he wants anyway?

Let's extrapolate your suggestion even further. Who's responsible for the Ebola itself, since the God is the most sovereign authority in the universe?
Re: Ebola Epidemic: Where Are The Faith Healers In Africa? by vooks: 3:02pm On Oct 05, 2014
@Weah96,
You are hopping all over. Let's start with your first statement.
Weah96:

Jesus said in the bible somewhere that a small amount of faith is capable of moving mountains. Into the ocean!!

How many mountains have you seen moved into oceans since creation?

What are you here talking about? What is the point of having faith if the God is going to do what he wants anyway?

Did Timothy lack enough faith to heal him of his frequent ailments? You don't order God around by quoting His Word and believing it

Let's extrapolate your suggestion even further. Who's responsible for the Ebola itself, since the God is the most sovereign authority in the universe?

God is truly sovereign but this is fallen creation, you have earthquakes, Tsunamis, accidents,death, pain,virus and it will remain like this until the end
Romans 8:20-21 (HCSB)
20 For the creation was subjected to futility — not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it — in the hope 21 that the creation itself will also be set free from the bondage of corruption into the glorious freedom of God’s children.

Re: Ebola Epidemic: Where Are The Faith Healers In Africa? by Weah96: 6:09pm On Oct 05, 2014
vooks:
@Weah96,
You are hopping all over. Let's start with your first statement.

Mountains don't respond to verbal commands, contrary to what the bible says.

The bible is in conflict with REALITY.
Re: Ebola Epidemic: Where Are The Faith Healers In Africa? by vooks: 7:15pm On Oct 05, 2014
Anyone telling you that confessing some portions of scriptures and faith keeps diseases at bay is a liar. God heals when,where and whomever He wills. Forget those Christ Embassy gods the likes of mbaemeka who believe that if they don't consent to Christ taking them home, they will never die

Weah96:

Mountains don't respond to verbal commands, contrary to what the bible says.

The bible is in conflict with REALITY.
Re: Ebola Epidemic: Where Are The Faith Healers In Africa? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 06, 2014
iwonbaoko:
To those who choose to believe there is God what if in the end it turns out there is no God,do you have any edge over those who choose not to believe in God

Ponder that!!

Your logic is poultry logic

If eventually it turns out that there is no God, I still have nothing to loose.
But if Almighty God exists, and I have lived a life pleasing before him, then I will have a lot to gain.

We cannot please Him if we do not believe that he exist. For those of us that do not believe in him, if he turns out latter that he exists and that every one of us will stand before him in judgement. Imagine the everlasting punishment that we will face for choosing not to believe in him.

A Bible quote "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." Heb. 11 verse 6

In summary, If you believe in God and keep His commandments, the possibilities are that:
- you gain/lose nothing
-you get richly rewarded.

If you do not believe in God hence you don't keep his commandments, the possibilities are that:
- you gain/lose nothing
-you get heavilly punished

I advice you consider your future and choose wisely.
Re: Ebola Epidemic: Where Are The Faith Healers In Africa? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 06, 2014
Weah96:

Which God are you talking about? There are different Gods like Shiva, Allah, and Jesus just to name a few.

If you believe in Jesus as Lord then you don't believe in Shiva. Or Allah. There is no special room in the Muslim hell for the Jesus people.

I believe Christians and Muslims refer to the same God.
Re: Ebola Epidemic: Where Are The Faith Healers In Africa? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 06, 2014
Weah96:

I am talking about the Almighty God. He is only one, the creator of the heavens and the earth.
Re: Ebola Epidemic: Where Are The Faith Healers In Africa? by Weah96: 3:56am On Oct 07, 2014
ofsegs:

I am talking about the Almighty God. He is only one, the creator of the heavens and the earth.

Do you believe that Jesus Christ is Lord?
Re: Ebola Epidemic: Where Are The Faith Healers In Africa? by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 07, 2014
ofsegs:

If eventually it turns out that there is no God, I still have nothing to loose.
But if Almighty God exists, and I have lived a life pleasing before him, then I will have a lot to gain.

We cannot please Him if we do not believe that he exist. For those of us that do not believe in him, if he turns out latter that he exists and that every one of us will stand before him in judgement. Imagine the everlasting punishment that we will face for choosing not to believe in him.

A Bible quote "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." Heb. 11 verse 6

In summary, If you believe in God and keep His commandments, the possibilities are that:
- you gain/lose nothing
-you get richly rewarded.

If you do not believe in God hence you don't keep his commandments, the possibilities are that:
- you gain/lose nothing
-you get heavilly punished

I advice you consider your future and choose wisely.
Even if a God exists why must that God comply with your fantasies that you will be punished or rewarded. God may just be a farmer farming humans to eat when they are big enough just like a poultry farmer. So all that rubbish from your bible has no meaning it is pure fantasy

1 Like

Re: Ebola Epidemic: Where Are The Faith Healers In Africa? by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 07, 2014
Weah96:

Do you believe that Jesus Christ is Lord?

YES
Re: Ebola Epidemic: Where Are The Faith Healers In Africa? by Weah96: 4:41pm On Oct 07, 2014
ofsegs:

YES

So your Lord Jesus is different from the Muslim Lord Allah.

They're not the same God with two different names.

Your doctrine teaches that I'm destined for hell for failing to acknowledge Jesus as Lord.

Your doctrine also teaches that Muslims are destined for hell because they too deny Jesus Christ as Lord and savior.

How can one BILLION Muslims all be COMPLETELY WRONG!!!!

Gods are usually jealous creatures. Atheists don't worship any, so probably won't incur the wrath of any.

But woe unto the follower of Lord Jesus if Allah turns out to be the real Lord Almighty.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Epidemic: Where Are The Faith Healers In Africa? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 07, 2014
Weah96:

So your Lord Jesus is different from the Muslim Lord Allah.

They're not the same God with two different names.

Your doctrine teaches that I'm destined for hell for failing to acknowledge Jesus as Lord.

Your doctrine also teaches that Muslims are destined for hell because they too deny Jesus Christ as Lord and savior.

How can one BILLION Muslims all be COMPLETELY WRONG!!!!

Gods are usually jealous creatures. Atheists don't worship any, so probably won't incur the wrath of any.

But woe unto the follower of Lord Jesus if Allah turns out to be the real Lord Almighty.

Christians, Moslems and Jews share the same history from creation to first man Adam to cain and Abel, to Noah down to Abraham then the stories begin to differ. Jews and Christians believe that Isaac was the first born of Abraham that would have been sacrificed to God while Moslems believe that it was not Isaac but Ishmael.

All three religions believe that it was God Almighty that created the world and everything associated with it. They all believe that it was the same Almighty God that destroyed the world with flood save Noah and the ark. It is the same Almighty God that the adherents of the three religions worship till today.

Jews may call Him Yahweh, Christians call Him Jehovah, Moslems call Him Allah.
He is the same God. It is the way the three faiths understand Him that differs. The difference is just well amplified today.
Re: Ebola Epidemic: Where Are The Faith Healers In Africa? by greatleveller: 7:39pm On Oct 07, 2014
My friends, you are praying for the wrong side! Ebola is here to cleanse humanity. Her message is death, yes, but it is also a message of love and redemption. No country will be spared and most people will die, but after our societies collapse, after the elite fall, we will have a new chance to create a better, more enlightened civilization from the ashes. Without her, all of humanity is doomed to extinction. So you should join us Cultists and pray for infection! For the spread of Ebola! And if you get infected, embrace your fate. Ebola has chosen you, and she loves you very much.
Re: Ebola Epidemic: Where Are The Faith Healers In Africa? by ebukaOtika(m): 7:24am On Oct 08, 2014
iwonbaoko:

Even if a God exists why must that God comply with your fantasies that you will be punished or rewarded. God may just be a farmer farming humans to eat when they are big enough just like a poultry farmer. So all that rubbish from your bible has no meaning it is pure fantasy

embarassed,,.,,,, the f have said in his heart ,.,,, There is no God Above.
Re: Ebola Epidemic: Where Are The Faith Healers In Africa? by Weah96: 1:38pm On Oct 08, 2014
ofsegs:

Christians, Moslems and Jews share the same history from creation to first man Adam to cain and Abel, to Noah down to Abraham then the stories begin to differ. Jews and Christians believe that Isaac was the first born of Abraham that would have been sacrificed to God while Moslems believe that it was not Isaac but Ishmael.

All three religions believe that it was God Almighty that created the world and everything associated with it. They all believe that it was the same Almighty God that destroyed the world with flood save Noah and the ark. It is the same Almighty God that the adherents of the three religions worship till today.

Jews may call Him Yahweh, Christians call Him Jehovah, Moslems call Him Allah.
He is the same God. It is the way the three faiths understand Him that differs. The difference is just well amplified today.

You're not a Christian. Christians are those who obey the bible.

John 3:36,, Acts 4:12,, John 8:24.

Only Jesus saves. Your same God doctrine is blasphemy.

A kingdom divided against itself cannot stand. Jews, Christians, and Muslims worship 3 separate Gods.

In the eyes of the imaginary Jesus, Muslims are no more righteous than me, a non Christian. According to Jesus, a muslim has no chance of entering heaven.
Re: Ebola Epidemic: Where Are The Faith Healers In Africa? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Oct 08, 2014
Weah96:

You're not a Christian. Christians are those who obey the bible.

John 3:36,, Acts 4:12,, John 8:24.

Only Jesus saves. Your same God doctrine is blasphemy.

A kingdom divided against itself cannot stand. Jews, Christians, and Muslims worship 3 separate Gods.

In the eyes of the imaginary Jesus, Muslims are no more righteous than me, a non Christian. According to Jesus, a muslim has no chance of entering heaven.

Read John 3:36 again then read
John 3 verse 16
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever belives in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life."
verse 18
"He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."
do you notice the words "God" and "Son of God" ?

In Matthew 17:5, " .... This is My beloved Son in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him! "
What can you infer from the above quote?

Check out Matthew 27:46
"And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" that is, "My God, My God, why have you forsaken Me? "

Will you say that the God that Jesus prayed to in the above bible text is different from the God that Isrealites in the bible worship? Is that God different from the God that Moses and the Prophets worship? Is he different from the God that communicated with Adam, Abraham and Noah??

It is that same God that Christians worship today.
Re: Ebola Epidemic: Where Are The Faith Healers In Africa? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Oct 08, 2014
Weah96:

though we claim the same story of creation, acknowledge fathers like Abraham, Noah, Adam, etc, we are never one, we are different. The differences lies in our understanding and knowledge of God and our willingness to completely obey Him.
Re: Ebola Epidemic: Where Are The Faith Healers In Africa? by Weah96: 12:14am On Oct 09, 2014
ofsegs:

Read John 3:36 again then read
John 3 verse 16
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever belives in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life."
verse 18
"He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."
do you notice the words "God" and "Son of God" ?

In Matthew 17:5, " .... This is My beloved Son in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him! "
What can you infer from the above quote?

Check out Matthew 27:46
"And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" that is, "My God, My God, why have you forsaken Me? "

Will you say that the God that Jesus prayed to in the above bible text is different from the God that Isrealites in the bible worship? Is that God different from the God that Moses and the Prophets worship? Is he different from the God that communicated with Adam, Abraham and Noah??

It is that same God that Christians worship today.

Christians believe that Jesus IS God, so Jesus was only talking to another manifestation of himself.

Jesus is not Allah. Muslims believe that Jesus was only a prophet of Allah.

Therefore Allah cannot be the same as Yahweh.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Paul Adefarasin And Wife Celebrate 21st Wedding Anniversary / Rape Allegation: Fatoyinbo’s Grilling By Police Enters Day Two / Pastor Disappears After Death Of Two Brothers During Spiritual Bath

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.