Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

As October 1st Approaches, How Will You Celebrate This Great Country? - Events (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / As October 1st Approaches, How Will You Celebrate This Great Country? (18970 Views)

A Thread For Nairalanders Born On October 1st / How Did You Celebrate Your Independence Day? / How Would You Celebrate Sallah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As October 1st Approaches, How Will You Celebrate This Great Country? by 50calibre(m): 9:08am On Sep 30, 2014
davo3286:

He has accomplished a significant lot. It's just that you are too blind to see or you pretending not to see. Insinuating that he hasn't accomplished anything is, to say the least, the height of irresponsibility.

Give me three things he has accomplished.

I don't want to hear of cassava bread or nations cup, I mean significant things which has impacted positively on people's lives.
Re: As October 1st Approaches, How Will You Celebrate This Great Country? by Missmossy(f): 9:12am On Sep 30, 2014
As usual will go out and chill just for the fun of it all and always have it in mind that Nigeria will someday become devoid of the havoc she is plagued with.

2 Likes

Re: As October 1st Approaches, How Will You Celebrate This Great Country? by zyzxx(m): 9:13am On Sep 30, 2014
going to be a lot of fun
go to church.. Play a lot wit my freinds
Eat as much as possible.
Re: As October 1st Approaches, How Will You Celebrate This Great Country? by Neldrizzy(m): 9:13am On Sep 30, 2014
SmellMyFart: And if I may ask- What's there to celebrate?

The abduction in Chibok?
The Ebola scare?
The money laundering? And
et cetera.

There's absolutely nothing there to celebrate.
Just being appreciative to God for keeping us alive is okay. As for Nigeria, I'll keep SMH.
there are lot to celebrate, (1) the reduction of unemployment rate, (2) the stoppage of the deadly Ebola disease (3) the capture of abubakar shekau (4) the curbing of Examination malpractice by JAMB with the introduction of the CBT facilities (5) the new federal roads infrastructure (7) the implementation of Agro economic structure etc.... NIGERIA, A great country. THE FUTURE IS HERE.....the only country other African countries look up to for survival in a way or the other... This is just the beginin of the new things 2come.... GEJ till 2030!!!! #ILoveMyCountryNigeria

1 Like

Re: As October 1st Approaches, How Will You Celebrate This Great Country? by rigview: 9:18am On Sep 30, 2014
if possible i will engage in preachin work cheesy
Re: As October 1st Approaches, How Will You Celebrate This Great Country? by Damiruth: 9:19am On Sep 30, 2014
Wish to go to the Cinima to watch October1 by Kunle Afolayan... But don't know the price noni...
Re: As October 1st Approaches, How Will You Celebrate This Great Country? by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 30, 2014
Neldrizzy: there are lot to celebrate, (1) the reduction of unemployment rate, (2) the stoppage of the deadly Ebola disease (3) the capture of abubakar shekau (4) the curbing of Examination malpractice by JAMB with the introduction of the CBT facilities (5) the new federal roads infrastructure (7) the implementation of Agro economic structure etc.... NIGERIA, A great country. THE FUTURE IS HERE.....the only country other African countries look up to for survival in a way or the other... This is just the beginin of the new things 2come.... GEJ till 2030!!!! #ILoveMyCountryNigeria
you've given me concrete reasons to celebrate the independence day tomorrow.
#Team Goodluck jonathan till 2099 grin
Re: As October 1st Approaches, How Will You Celebrate This Great Country? by justmag(m): 9:23am On Sep 30, 2014
Sitting my ass at home!!! there's no telling what BOKO HARAM has in planned for the innocent! just saying!!
Re: As October 1st Approaches, How Will You Celebrate This Great Country? by emeraldlife: 9:25am On Sep 30, 2014
na to continue my prayer for naija.

i believe so much in the Nigerian dream.
Re: As October 1st Approaches, How Will You Celebrate This Great Country? by SurePresident: 9:26am On Sep 30, 2014
50calibre:

That summit is a sheer waste of time & only going to be attended by fools. What has the retar*ded leaders of Nigeria done for Nigeria since independence?

Only a foolish youth will think he/she has anything to contribute to Nigeria.

The only reasonable discussion at that summit should be how to start a revolution or how to assassinate the retar*ded theives ruining their lives.
LOL.... You , my friend, are a no gooder. This program is for Leaders of tomorrow, not for pathologically myopic people that always see changing their own situation as a responsibility of others and never as theirs. Just like that biblical man that said it's impossible for food to be cheap(he later saw the ridiculouly cheap food era but never tasted of it, he was trampled to death by the thronging crowd that were enjoying the food), u think Nigeria will never be better, I know Nigeria will surely better and greater.
Invite, at least, 20 of your good friends and this would be an Independent Day you will never forget!!!

If you are in Abuja, you probably have heard the announcement on the Radio that the Ground Breakers Forum invites you all to "What Can We Do For Nigeria" AIT, NTA, News Papers would be present. Bring your Thoughts, Visions for Nigeria, your Poems, your Arguements, etc.. and be aired live on TV. VENUE: Center for Women Development, opp CBN, Central Business District, Abuja. For more info, Call 08105273020 /

1 Share

Re: As October 1st Approaches, How Will You Celebrate This Great Country? by Neldrizzy(m): 9:30am On Sep 30, 2014
SmellMyFart: you've given me concrete reasons to celebrate the independence day tomorrow.
#Team Goodluck jonathan till 2099 grin
yes bro... This is the only country we can truly call ours!!!! E bad, e good, no our own!! Nigeria is a great country, regardless of our trials, even America experienced worst than us wen they were growing.... #ISeeANewNigeria
Re: As October 1st Approaches, How Will You Celebrate This Great Country? by Philadelphia: 9:34am On Sep 30, 2014
Horlawoomey: #BRINGBACKOURGIRLS#

Alive and safe.

You don't just say it. You live it. Why not join us today @

Re: As October 1st Approaches, How Will You Celebrate This Great Country? by donpedro98(m): 9:36am On Sep 30, 2014
Re: As October 1st Approaches, How Will You Celebrate This Great Country? by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 30, 2014
SmellMyFart: And if I may ask- What's there to celebrate?

The abduction in Chibok?
The Ebola scare?
The money laundering? And
et cetera.

There's absolutely nothing there to celebrate.
Just being appreciative to God for keeping us alive is okay. As for Nigeria, I'll keep SMH.
F*ck! angry i'm angry with you now! Shut up dude! Just shut the fu*k up! I don't even know why I quoted you! Your type makes me wanna throw up.
Re: As October 1st Approaches, How Will You Celebrate This Great Country? by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 30, 2014
Yomieluv: First my mum will take me to yaba okrika,buy me clothes,and sunglass.

After then,we will go to national stadium with my school uniform for a march-pass with my other classmates.

After then,we will be interviewed on TV,I will be screaming shoutout to my mum,my daddy,and my classmates.

After then,she will buy me Bobo drink,and gala to eat .

This is how I plan to celerate independence day.
Lol..Kiddies World...
Re: As October 1st Approaches, How Will You Celebrate This Great Country? by jay89(m): 9:41am On Sep 30, 2014
I will spend my independent day in our etisalat noc office
Re: As October 1st Approaches, How Will You Celebrate This Great Country? by Ositawap: 9:42am On Sep 30, 2014
grin...I go Bleep hell outta dis ma new babe...and she go da scream ooohh...babie happy independence. ......
Re: As October 1st Approaches, How Will You Celebrate This Great Country? by clemz88(m): 9:43am On Sep 30, 2014
Sitting at home n counting the ceiling at home
Re: As October 1st Approaches, How Will You Celebrate This Great Country? by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 30, 2014
Nobleval: F*ck! angry i'm angry with you now! Shut up dude! Just shut the fu*k up! I don't even know why I quoted you! Your type makes me wanna throw up.
smh. Swerve please
Re: As October 1st Approaches, How Will You Celebrate This Great Country? by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 30, 2014
marieolae: I don't what your definition of hard work is..cos it definitely isn't showing on the nation.
I guess you don't go out or read/listen to news.

I won't update you on the good works of Jonathan.
I'll only allow you to keep showcasing your ignorance online.
Re: As October 1st Approaches, How Will You Celebrate This Great Country? by popson1st: 9:51am On Sep 30, 2014
Philadelphia:

Seriously I'm thinking I've lost my sense of humour because I didn't find this funny. - No vex undecided

But you have just confirmed you have lost your sense of humor because this isn't a joke section or thread. No bex.

Re: As October 1st Approaches, How Will You Celebrate This Great Country? by Ebubest(m): 9:52am On Sep 30, 2014
obainojazz: dis topic took me to front page last year
nyc move my hobo
u wan cry?
Re: As October 1st Approaches, How Will You Celebrate This Great Country? by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 30, 2014
Last year I went to St Leo's Catholic Church Ikeja and said my prayers. I prayed for Nigeria and my family. I guess this is the only time I really go spiritual. I love Nigeria,no matter what she's passing through now. sad
Tomorrow I'll be at Trinitarierkirche Catholic Church Vienna for same purpose. I really wish things will change for better sad .

3 Likes

Re: As October 1st Approaches, How Will You Celebrate This Great Country? by ElPhenomenal(m): 10:06am On Sep 30, 2014
Swear more for the country
Re: As October 1st Approaches, How Will You Celebrate This Great Country? by miqos02(m): 10:09am On Sep 30, 2014
i will sleep and eat at home
Re: As October 1st Approaches, How Will You Celebrate This Great Country? by 50calibre(m): 10:12am On Sep 30, 2014
SurePresident: LOL.... You , my friend, are a no gooder. This program is for Leaders of tomorrow, not for pathologically myopic people that always see changing their own situation as a responsibility of others and never as theirs. Just like that biblical man that said it's impossible for food to be cheap(he later saw the ridiculouly cheap food era but never tasted of it, he was trampled to death by the thronging crowd that were enjoying the food), u think Nigeria will never be better, I know Nigeria will surely better and greater.
Invite, at least, 20 of your good friends and this would be an Independent Day you will never forget!!!

If you are in Abuja, you probably have heard the announcement on the Radio that the Ground Breakers Forum invites you all to "What Can We Do For Nigeria" AIT, NTA, News Papers would be present. Bring your Thoughts, Visions for Nigeria, your Poems, your Arguements, etc.. and be aired live on TV. VENUE: Center for Women Development, opp CBN, Central Business District, Abuja. For more info, Call 08105273020 /

Ok!! You say the summit is for leaders of tomorrow, I think you meant thieves of tomorrow.

Well in that case, it's a worthwhile summit, at least young people get to meet & strategise on how to grab their own share of the national cake & plunder what's left of Nigeria. Sounds reasonable to me.

Nigeria is never going to be better, if you don't know that by now, then maybe you're the myopic one.
Re: As October 1st Approaches, How Will You Celebrate This Great Country? by EngelNyanibo: 10:12am On Sep 30, 2014
Am going to pray with my family for Nigeria in the morning during devotion
cook nice coconut rice for them after cleaning.
then take my kids to the swimming pool as a family.
need to spend time with my family.

that is my plan
Re: As October 1st Approaches, How Will You Celebrate This Great Country? by Ekiseme(m): 10:14am On Sep 30, 2014
Nothing special,i'll go about my normal business routines
Re: As October 1st Approaches, How Will You Celebrate This Great Country? by elliotogbebor(m): 10:17am On Sep 30, 2014
I will share rhapsody of realities in my neighborhood.
Re: As October 1st Approaches, How Will You Celebrate This Great Country? by okeyokeyjah(m): 10:22am On Sep 30, 2014
cool Inside bed room with her cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bridesmaid Butt Cheek Exposure: The Latest Wedding Trend(photos) HIT OR MISS / Best Birthday Ever. Celebrated In An Orphanage / Mass Wedding Ceremony In South Korea (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.