Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

2015: Buhari Makes A Statement Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Buhari Makes A Statement Today (1228 Views)

2015: Buhari Promises Igbo Youths One Million Jobs / 2015: Buhari, Gov Kwankwaso’s Supporters Clash / 2015: Buhari, Tinubu Meet In Kaduna. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Buhari Makes A Statement Today by makzeze: 6:59am On Sep 30, 2014
All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential aspirant, General Muhammadu Buhari, will today be addressing the nation on a number of issues.
A statement issued yesterday by General Buhari’s media office, said the APC leader would be addressing  an amalgam of youths  groups known as the Buhari Youths Group that have been urging him to run as president of Nigeria in 2015.
His address to the youths in the country is expected to encapsulate his position on the many issues affecting Nigeria and give a clear direction as to the role he would be playing in the build up to 2015.
Today’s address by the former head of state, who is expected to make a formal declaration for the presidency on October 8, would serve to give a clear indication what shape the race for the APC presidential  ticket would take in the few weeks to come.
Analysts say as Buhari’s support base is drawn mainly from the youth, he may use the opportunity to discourage acts of violence during and after elections while advocating for their full participation in the elections with a view to bringing about change in the country.
The timing of the address to fall on the eve of the Independence Day celebration is also said to be deliberate to stress the importance of the youth in nation building and for the peaceful development of the country.
General Buhari has been a frontline presidential candidate in three successive elections since he first contested the position in 2003 on the platform of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP).
He contested for the office the third time on a different platform of the Congress for Progressives Change (CPC) in 2011 and is expected to run again in 2015 on the APC platform.
Many of the younger aspirants within the APC are making moves to discourage the former head of state from running for the ticket of the party, asking him to endorse a younger candidate instead due to his age, but his supporters say he is the only one that can garner huge votes for the party to challenge the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) having polled over 12 million votes in the 2011 elections.
Buhari’s address to the youths today will clear the air over his position regarding the future of the country.

Source:http://dailytrust.com.ng/daily/politics/35574-2015-buhari-makes-a-statement-today
Re: 2015: Buhari Makes A Statement Today by Brijet(f): 7:11am On Sep 30, 2014
Its a pity that his supporters are youth.when we r growing up,our teachers said we r the leaders of 2mao,am still wondering when dat day will be

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari Makes A Statement Today by talktimi(m): 7:25am On Sep 30, 2014
Surely preparing to give another volatile speech na normal thing for am during election period
Re: 2015: Buhari Makes A Statement Today by VOICEOFTHEMASES: 7:26am On Sep 30, 2014
OBJ maybe bad but he runs the biggest farm since 1979. He went to prison, came back and became president. Today he is no more in government but his farm in ota is one of the biggest in africa

GEJ was working in OPADC, the present day NDDC, also he was a lecturer in University of Port Harcourt before becoming deputy governor in 1999.I'm sick and tired of some supporters of APC telling me Gen Buhari is not corrupt that he was upright during his time as head of state that he did not steal while in power. Now I ask all you buhari supporters. The General has ran for presidential election 3times in this country. Could you guys tell me how he got funds to run for that because nigerians are yet to see any business owned by the general. How has the general been paying his bills? How has he been able to be driving big SUV.Can buhari list the names of people that has been funding him to run for elections?If he can not provide me with these answers, he should go and sit down and stop making noise about corruption. As long as I VOM is concerned, all military leaders are corrupt.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari Makes A Statement Today by arewafederation: 7:28am On Sep 30, 2014
Brijet: Its a pity that his supporters are youth.when we r growing up,our teachers said we r the leaders of 2mao,am still wondering when dat day will be

The youths look up to Buhari to give them hope in achieving their dreams of becoming useful leaders of tomorrow.

7 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari Makes A Statement Today by koboko66: 7:36am On Sep 30, 2014
Brijet: Its a pity that his supporters are youth.when we r growing up,our teachers said we r the leaders of 2mao,am still wondering when dat day will be

And the supporters of Jonathan are adults undecided undecided undecided

We can see them litter every thread on NL with thier filths.

The first younger Nigerian tried have failed woefully. No chance for him again.

6 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari Makes A Statement Today by theassassin: 7:54am On Sep 30, 2014
koboko66:

And the supporters of Jonathan are adults undecided undecided undecided

We can see them litter every thread on NL with thier filths.

The first younger Nigerian tried have failed woefully. No chance for him again.

wetin happen to "69" version of your koboko

1 Like

Re: 2015: Buhari Makes A Statement Today by MisterLongman(m): 7:59am On Sep 30, 2014
If the youths are serious about leading the country, they will achieve their dream....... But it will be even more disastrous if an unserious youth takes over the reins of this country

1 Like

Re: 2015: Buhari Makes A Statement Today by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 30, 2014
And how old is the Ambassador at large? How old is the Chairman of Nigeria Port Authority? How old is the Minister of Youth Development?

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari Makes A Statement Today by chimerase2: 8:08am On Sep 30, 2014
3 times he has contested for an election
Nawa oh
My mind tells me 2015 is going to be special undecided
Re: 2015: Buhari Makes A Statement Today by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 30, 2014
Maybe he will be talking about his failures and its effects to his brain.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari Makes A Statement Today by donphilopus: 9:00am On Sep 30, 2014
What manner of man is the Buhari?! Cos I can see some people feeling jittery merely viewing this thread. Everything about this man is just too Presidential. We the youths are ready to hear from you again sir!

1 Like

Re: 2015: Buhari Makes A Statement Today by theassassin: 9:25am On Sep 30, 2014
arewafederation:

The youths look up to Buhari to give them hope in achieving their dreams of becoming useful leaders of tomorrow.

abokii. I nakwa na?

lafia grin

how's gworo biz

kai

onye awusa I dey miss you die
Re: 2015: Buhari Makes A Statement Today by theassassin: 9:29am On Sep 30, 2014
donphilopus: What manner of man is the Buhari?! Cos I can see some people feeling jittery merely viewing this thread. Everything about this man is just too Presidential. We the youths are ready to hear from you again sir!

you mean your fellow bastard vultures
Re: 2015: Buhari Makes A Statement Today by asadike(f): 9:44am On Sep 30, 2014
To hell with him nd his speech. I dont give a Bleep!
Re: 2015: Buhari Makes A Statement Today by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 30, 2014
I will vote this man. Nigeria needs sanitising. Not a "corruption friendly" govt like GEJ's. Anyone who is wise would know that d major problem we have in this nation is corruption and jonathan is the face of corruption, so why not set ethnic and religious differences aside and vote for someone who wud make a big difference? We can't keep being used by one man! If u truly love this country, then you'lld know that jonathan is not doing anything different from OBJ and past head of states! Nigeria keeps moving backwards every year!! For this... Me and my household will vote Buhari.
Re: 2015: Buhari Makes A Statement Today by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 30, 2014
I will like to watch this press conference in HD TV so that I don't miss any of the comedy on show.

What a joke !
Re: 2015: Buhari Makes A Statement Today by jking001(m): 10:34am On Sep 30, 2014
Nigerians always like decieving themselves,set aside ethnic and religious sentiment,the man you are clamoring for is religiously biased,go and check his statements,he worked for Abacha but would never work for a christain,GEJ's worse is better than that of a man with over bloated ego,you don't understand nigeria politics a man that was a military head of state and could not close his ranks,he needs to check himself very well,how did ibb and obasanjo make it through without a scratch and still have loyalist in key sectors of nigeria?only people who don't think and don't have brain would elect someone like Buhari because his wahala and over bloated ego would drag us 10 years back,are we moving ?Yes ,is it as fast as we want?No, slowly but surely.

PervyByNature: I will vote this man. Nigeria needs sanitising. Not a "corruption friendly" govt like GEJ's. Anyone who is wise would know that d major problem we have in this nation is corruption and jonathan is the face of corruption, so why not set ethnic and religious differences aside and vote for someone who wud make a big difference? We can't keep being used by one man! If u truly love this country, then you'lld know that jonathan is not doing anything different from OBJ and past head of states! Nigeria keeps moving backwards every year!! For this... Me and my household will vote Buhari.
Re: 2015: Buhari Makes A Statement Today by utytill(m): 10:57am On Sep 30, 2014
This one na news?He usually and normally speaks every day either on bbc/hausa,saharareporters or aljezeera.one of this is sure,contesting or not contesting 2015 something.
Re: 2015: Buhari Makes A Statement Today by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 30, 2014
donphilopus: What manner of man is the Buhari?! Cos I can see some people feeling jittery merely viewing this thread. Everything about this man is just too Presidential. We the youths are ready to hear from you again sir!
GMB is the antidote to our problems
Re: 2015: Buhari Makes A Statement Today by marvy25(m): 11:06am On Sep 30, 2014
For those dat said GEJ has not worked is nt in nigeria... I wont lie all in d name of politics... I dnt knw wat buhari left in ASO Rock dat he wants to go n carry... He shud beta go n use his money for sumtin beta.. Build an orphanag or an almajiri sch... He cud start his service to d nation from there.... Cos there is no chance for ppl lik hin anymore... Kwankwaso is a beta candidate dan d old maniac....
Re: 2015: Buhari Makes A Statement Today by arewafederation: 11:07am On Sep 30, 2014
theassassin:

abokii. I nakwa na?

lafia grin

how's gworo biz

kai

onye awusa I dey miss you die

My G....., how you de?
Wetin happen wey you de miss me? Duse don finish ne?grin

I can see you nuisance in this forum is decreasing. You are becoming a good G... Keep it up!wink
Re: 2015: Buhari Makes A Statement Today by theassassin: 11:10am On Sep 30, 2014
arewafederation:

My G....., how you de?
Wetin happen wey you de miss me? Duse don finish ne?grin

I can see you nuisance in this forum is decreasing. You are becoming a good G... Keep it up!wink

abokina whatsup wait just keep selling gworo am coming

busy with some bastards
Re: 2015: Buhari Makes A Statement Today by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 30, 2014
We dey wait am
Re: 2015: Buhari Makes A Statement Today by arewafederation: 11:37am On Sep 30, 2014
theassassin:

abokina whatsup wait just keep selling gworo am coming

busy with some bastards

Hehehe...... So I misjudged you.

You will never change. angry
Re: 2015: Buhari Makes A Statement Today by Kunleskey(m): 12:17pm On Sep 30, 2014
The man nodey tire.when a person like him @his age refuse to stepdown..Nigeria can never change..and how will the leaders of tomorrow get there.2mao will just be extending till christ come..
Re: 2015: Buhari Makes A Statement Today by theassassin: 8:50am On Oct 23, 2014
arewafederation:

Hehehe...... So I misjudged you.

You will never change. angry

otu nne i grin

(1) (Reply)

Information Minister Labaran Maku Quits Jonathan's Cabinet (photo). / BREAKING NEWS : Nigeria And Boko Haram 'agree Ceasefire And Girls' Release'bbc. / What Does This Statement Portray Of Tambuwal's Person And Conscience?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.