Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,261 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

How Do You See Nigeria 30 Years From Now? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Do You See Nigeria 30 Years From Now? (617 Views)

What We Learnt Last Week In Nigeria (30-6th December 2015) / ‘I See Nigeria Split Into 5 Countries’ - Says Prophet Ignis Iribhogbe / Buhari, Others Destroyed Nigeria 30 Years Ago – Adeyeye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You See Nigeria 30 Years From Now? by 401kk: 6:44pm On Sep 30, 2014
What are your projections on what Nigeria will look like, 30 years from now?

Would be have been to surmount the various challenges plaguing us?

From tribalism to corruption; pervasive illiteracy and ignorance; hyper-theism ( grin) and religious fundamentalism; infrastructural and institutional deficit etc

What are your thoughts/projections about our collective future?
Re: How Do You See Nigeria 30 Years From Now? by Princecalm(m): 7:11pm On Sep 30, 2014
Since we can't see the future,we can only judge base on the present situation.From the way things are going now i don't see a country called Nigeria in the future.
Re: How Do You See Nigeria 30 Years From Now? by Princecalm(m): 7:11pm On Sep 30, 2014
Since we can't see the future,we can only judge base on the present situation.From the way things are going now i don't see a country called Nigeria in the future,unless things changes.
Re: How Do You See Nigeria 30 Years From Now? by 2cato: 7:29pm On Sep 30, 2014
Without the a.boki mentality of born to rule by using terrorism to achieve it,
without the Igbo mentality of getting wealth by fire by force or die trying and by using people for money rituals.
Nigeria will be among the top peacefull nation on earth and it will be ranking at par with the scandinavian nations.
The white men of USA and Uk will be scrambling for visa to enter nigeria
Re: How Do You See Nigeria 30 Years From Now? by Idrismusty97(m): 7:29pm On Sep 30, 2014
- I see a surging rise of Atheism, Agnosticism or at least deism. This comes naturally after getting really educated and exposed to healthy forums and the internet in general.

- I see the growth of literacy level in terms of "reading & writing" and of course tertiary education. As everyone thinks getting a degree is the only way to success.

- I unfortunately don't see unemployment rate reduced, As they would be many people with equal level of expertise and limited job space. What will set some apart is extra skills acquired outside the four walls of the classroom, Either inborn or learned skills that can be critical in different sectors of our economy. I see those focusing on agriculture, manufacturing and entrepreneurship having an edge over their "white collar" counterparts.

- I see an economic boom for Nigeria as a whole in terms of GDP. I see us joining the G-20 major world economies less than 15 years from now. In the phase of 30 years the highest economy status we may achieved is joining the G-10. Unfortunately most of these would be only reflected on papers for the average man.

- I don't see an end to tribalism, I see a serious war brewing between major tribes but luckily it would only be limited to the internet smiley. We are friends in real life but enemies online! And that is the way it would remained forever. The cause of this "Online war" will likely be perpetuated by success or failure of major tribes. They would be great achievement in all region(The north, South west, South-South and South East). Each will want to boost of their achievement and highlight the other regions failures for mocking sake, Of course those other regions will reciprocate and it would continue like that forever.

- I also see each regions practising perfect "Resources control". The north will start drilling oil from the Chad basin a few years from now and they would used the revenue to Boost/developed agriculture and mining in the region. I see a good percent of Nigeria Annual revenue coming from Agriculture and mining mainly in the North.

- I see a rapid Estate boom in the South west that would be in par with that of Dubai. Eko Atlantic is a good example and many more artificial islands like that would be erected in the South west. I see much of Africa tallest skyscrapers located in the South west also with the best infrastructure and 5 stars residential buildings.

- I see most of Nigeria industries located in the South East. They would also make significant gains in agriculture especially cash crops. I also see tourism boom in the South East and South-South. 80% of the country tourism potential would be located in these regions.
Re: How Do You See Nigeria 30 Years From Now? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 30, 2014
The same way my grandpa saw Nigeria 70 years ago. With the crop of leaders we have and the musicians-turn-politicians going into politics today (Tony Tetuila, 9ice, Mr. Ibu, IGoDie and co) i don't see Nigeria going anywhere in the next 50 years.

1 Like

Re: How Do You See Nigeria 30 Years From Now? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 30, 2014
401kk:
What are your thoughts/projections about our collective future?
I see insurgency roaring heads in ND while the Northern Hegemony would be trying to change the statusquo left by 9years of GEJ's rule , I see a capitalist economy dominated with influx of foreigners and their companies......... Where all things aint equal we may have another civil war in determining the way forward for each region if the national assembly failed to right the inequities in the constitution thus a region dominated army can also mutiny against killing their very own in case of regional protest !!

Nonetheless, when all dust settled, I see a prosperous Nation under one Identity, Nigeria and a force of reckoning in global economy !!

1 Like

Re: How Do You See Nigeria 30 Years From Now? by MisterLongman(m): 9:45pm On Sep 30, 2014
rudedough: The same way my grandpa saw Nigeria 70 years ago. With the crop of leaders we have and the musicians-turn-politicians going into politics today (Tony Tetula, 9ice, Mr. Ibu, IGoDie and co) i don't see Nigeria going anywhere in the next 50 years.
True Talk...... Looking at current situation of things, it will take the grace of God for the entity called Nigeria to be in existence in 30 years time

(1) (Reply)

Will You Give GEJ A Pass Mark? See My 29th May 2011 Letter To Mr. President. / DHQ Faults Boko Haram’s Claim On Shekau / Ghana To Export Electricity To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.