Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Will You Give GEJ A Pass Mark? See My 29th May 2011 Letter To Mr. President. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will You Give GEJ A Pass Mark? See My 29th May 2011 Letter To Mr. President. (614 Views)

Achievements Of Goodluck Ebele Johnathan (states By States) May 2011 -may 2015 / What Percent Performance Will You Give GEJ For 2012? / Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Give GEJ A Pass Mark? See My 29th May 2011 Letter To Mr. President. by AFOOooo(m): 3:37pm On Oct 01, 2014
LETTER TO MR. PRESIDENT

Kindly accept my official congratulation for your inauguration on this day but it will be hypocritical if I fail to inform you that my vote is one of the over twelve million vote which went against you for the reasons I can no longer explore because you are already our president and this nation must move forward at this time, irrespective of the sentiment on board. You stood a very good chance and you were able to present to the world you won free and fair. To me, nobody can be a better winner under the circumstances we held that election. So, we must leave that politics till some other time in 2015 and beyond as it is time to face real governance. You must also acknowledge that one of the virtues of a real leader is the ability to understand the rhythm of time.

You are our president and we must wish that you succeed in the mission of reclaiming and rekindling our hope for a better tomorrow and our hope of becoming one of the greatest nations on earth. The world has testified to it that we have the best resources to meet this challenges but we can only move forward with leaders saddled with clarity of purpose bigger than mere wish but a match of the determination to succeed and the will plus the ability to fight against the will of powerful forces that ate this nation to her skeleton. I must quickly emphasize that you do not have to set the ring for this fight for I can assure you that these forces are big enough to consume your energy and frustrate the spectators, even your diehard fans whom the rule will never permit to enter the battle ring with you. Instead, I will advise that you isolate them and leave them with no battle to fight. Make them neither your enemy nor your friend. If they insist being your lord, instigate them against the masses and engage them in street fight while you are the umpire, be rest assured that the comrades are there to take on the fight. This way, they will be as useless as self destructive as the powerful lion who fought his own shadow dip down in the dungeon.

Mr. President, you must remember where you came from, it is not pathetic as you made us believe that you had no shoes, what is pathetic is that many of your type, who even tried harder and who are a little more humble than you never got lucky as you. You must realise that luck is not general, hope is also a gift of faith and favour is a devine gift from God. You must build a nation where people can still be comfortable without these. Many other people did not carry their books in the leather bag, so your upliftment today can never be a compensation for your sufferings but a gallant call to service which not only you was qualified for, so you must do your best to meet the expectation of the people. You must justify the hope and faith many of them showed in you and convince those of us who doubted your ability to lead this ever complex nation.

I want to besiege your attention on power and education. If you can give us light and provide for us quality education, you must have solved eighty percent of the technical challenges facing this country; fifty five percent of our general problems must have been solved. Be rest assured that forty percent of the remaining forty five percent are mere political challenges. Reduce the burden of power by centralising your effort on administration. Leave governance to the state. Let every state earn and spend their income. Let them have their natural blessings and face various challenges. Concentrate on building a network across the boundaries, so that competition for qualitative governance becomes a paradigm from one state to another.
You might want to give constitution as a reason many of these things cannot be achieved, but I disagree with such supercilious argument, the only reason it cannot be achieved is if you; the captain of the ship do not believe it. Yes, it will not be an easy task but I encourage you to harbour no doubt of getting things done, after all if you can dream it you can achieve it and you already knew this is a top job before you took it, so any excuse will not be good enough. This is why you must surround yourself with those who share your dream and who have visible track record of getting things done. If our constitution and politics will hinder you to have such people as your minister, you can as well have them as your special advisers.

Ultimately, if you must be successful, you must possess the political will to negotiate unfavourable laws and sell your agenda out to majority of your political allies and opponents. Let the bedrock be that you strongly believe in an idea or that you believe much stronger in the owner of an idea.

Mr. President, remember that infrastructure and social amenities are not luxuries but basic needs. Our people have long endured and it will be suicidal if they lose their patience in your lucky time. During your campaign, I watched a documentary that showed the humble background you came from, the quiet rise you had and the unblemished success you have been able to achieve in a country of numerous Judas. You must do everything to provide those things you were denied as a growing lad. You must provide for your kind of community, programmes that will ensure your kind of growing lads are given the needed opportunity to survive inclusive of their own personal effort. You must aim to bring smile to the wrinkled faces and give support to the cracked feet that were jumping on the street in their tattered cloth, rejoicing that somebody that knew and understood what they have passed through and what they are passing through has come to the elms of governance. After all, these are your promises to the people of this country and they must be fulfilled.

I also want to see the lads in my village live a healthy life, those lads never wanted to live in the big mansion in Abuja, they did not care about the rot irons in banana estate, but they want to be comfortable eating their fresh vegetable without fear or anxiety. They want adequate care for their children and will just be okay if they know somebody is taking care of their children’s future. Those men might not have big robes like you, your aides and your political friends but they do not deserve to be treated like goats, they should be cared for, they should be looked after when they are sick, they should have good water to drink, they should have good road to pass when they are going to their farms. To them they have men of courage that can kill lion, they have boys that can hunt rabbit, so it is shameful that right before them mosquito kills their children and they remain helpless; if you can solve that burden for them, you will be their hero. Honestly, they deserve just this and you know, that is why you promised them and you must fulfil.

Personally, I do not want to be one rich man amidst millions, it is sad to realise many of my peers are jobless and some are even hopeless. I want you to make policies that will set them on the same level with some of us who are a little bit fortunate and bring us all at pal with the extra privileged fellows out there. My friends and family members do not have to be the extra brilliants before they can have decent lives, after all fingers are not equal and I know you will not cut you fifth finger because it is the shortest. So, policies that provide for everybody in every category should be systematically introduced. A state that cares less for her youths is a failed state in the waiting.

I agree you cannot do everything that is why I earlier advised that you should choose not to do everything. Instead, apply the almighty formula of always being on the people’s side. Please, be a friend of the media and a General of the masses interest. Listen carefully to advice but act on instinct because your palm cannot deceive you. Trek the path of honour and explore your natural humble appearance to the subconscious mind of the people. Weaken your opponents with remarkable achievement and excellent performance. Relax your mind at all time and apply wisdom at critical times. Trust nobody but show unravel belief in everybody around you because they are your ears and letting them tell the truth will only propel your performance and reduce the risk of being caged by your closest advisers. Tell your inferiors the truth but keep vital information to their surprise because you cannot be so sure if you are the master they serve. Definitely, you cannot be so sure of your friends but you should always appreciate the sincerity of your known enemy for making himself known.

Mr. President, let me draw the curtain before the adviser is seen as a pedestrian of thought, after all a word they say is enough for the wise and we should not let the mouth go dry for making a point. I suppose by now you are very prepared for the task ahead, do not panic if you are not fully prepared as I honestly do not expect that only you will have all the solutions, but you must learn to surround yourself with persons who have shown proves of preparedness over years. Please be assured this is not one advice you can choose to cart away as I pray the sky should not be your limit but our starting point to the great nation of our quest.
Thanks and wishing you all the best.
God bless Nigeria
I AM THE LANGUAGE
Re: Will You Give GEJ A Pass Mark? See My 29th May 2011 Letter To Mr. President. by 2cato: 3:39pm On Oct 01, 2014
Musiwa is a little bit better than the op
Re: Will You Give GEJ A Pass Mark? See My 29th May 2011 Letter To Mr. President. by Greenified(m): 3:40pm On Oct 01, 2014
Re: Will You Give GEJ A Pass Mark? See My 29th May 2011 Letter To Mr. President. by mistudreh(m): 6:17pm On Oct 01, 2014
@OP, kudos. More power to ur elbow.
Without being biased or sentimental about GEJ's governance, he has not performed up to my expectation. I took him to be the messiah of Nigeria, that will restore our hope and make us proud of our fatherland then but reverse is the case today.
I pray God lead us right and choose for us in the forthcoming elections!
God bless Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Rate The Performance Of The Governor Of The State You Are In Now. / Share You Experience With A Mad Man / I’m Not In The Presidential Race – Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.