Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,606 members, 7,823,637 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Would Any Other Tribe in Nigeria Have Survived BIAFRA? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would Any Other Tribe in Nigeria Have Survived BIAFRA? (2237 Views)

Kanu: We’re More Nigerian Than Any Other Tribe- Ohaneze Ndigbo / Nigeria Wouldn’t Have Survived If Jonathan Had Won – Soyinka / Nigeria Wouldn’t Have Survived If Jonathan Had Won – Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would Any Other Tribe in Nigeria Have Survived BIAFRA? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 01, 2014
cirmuell: no offense Sis. Just had to wink
No offense taken kiss. I go with you smiley
Re: Would Any Other Tribe in Nigeria Have Survived BIAFRA? by cirmuell(m): 3:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
chimkaire: No offense taken kiss. I go with you smiley
Alright, thanks smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would Any Other Tribe in Nigeria Have Survived BIAFRA? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
Lol mr oilysoup cloged brain am not telling you the history of Nigeria, am asking you since the war ended how many Yorubas have done something spectacular?
Even pre war, Nigeria was dominated by Igbos both in the civil service, business, milutary, academics, the first millionaire in Nigeria was Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu while prof Kenneth Dike and prof Eni Njoku were the first indiginous VCs of Unibadan and UNILAG respectively, in medicine Prof Ezeilo have conducted open heart sugery in UNTH Enugu before the war broke out while prof Chike Obi was already a renown mathematician.
Google is friend go and check the major causes of "Anti-Igbo sentiment"

Lets forget pre war, lets talk post civil war kids that are less than 50years or those that were born during the war.
Lets list the yorobakids of post civil war and Igbokids of post civil war.
The number of succesful Yoruba sportmen are infinitesimal to compare to what Igbos produce in just a year.
Out of the 5 best clubs in Nigeria 3 are from Igboland.
Do you compare coys in Ogun State with those in East, coys in Lagos and Ogun are multinationals, Yorubas dont own them, they could be made the CEOs or the Chairmen but the larger chunk or the profit are being repertrated abroad to the actual owners, they just figureheads and numbskulls, in East most coys are own by indiginous people which help in curbing capital flight.

Do you want us to start comparing cities....the number of highrise residential areas in Woliwo and Nkpor surpass all the entire mud houses of Ibadam, Abeokuta and Oshogbo.

Dont go comparing cities because you will die why pictures are uploaded.

SLIDEwaxie: dude, cry me a river. U talk too much and made no point!

So, in the history of Nigeria, no yoruba emerged as the top of the class in education, sports or any other related occurrence.

The issue of WAEC is a very funny aspect because after exam malpractices in ur bush where WAEC invigilators can't even reach, Yorubas still emerged leader in JAMB scores! The reason is not far fetched!

And for ur mind, all the houses wey dey biafra na him dem raze to the ground abi? So, u jes started building everything abi?

Yet, ur 2x2 shops were scattered around lagos! Why worrying urself? This chest-beating attitude is a very funny onw to me. Ogun state still holds the record for the largest numbers of industries. The word 'indigenous' is because u're pointing to fake-producing shops all around AbA and onitcha abi? You perpetrate nuttin but frauds in those areas. The pix of onitcha is nutting to write home abt with heaps of refuse all around the city and u're talking of sophistication!

Which land in this whole nigeria cld be said to be sophisticated? Why talking with ur anus?

Keep beating ur chest, ok? I knw d trait! The same reason ojukwu flee in a woman'a wrapper!

yes Ojukwu flee like a woman but Awolowo commited suicide without hearing a gunshot.

4 Likes

Re: Would Any Other Tribe in Nigeria Have Survived BIAFRA? by basty: 4:41pm On Oct 01, 2014
Yoruba will not be stupid and dumb like the Igbo.
Re: Would Any Other Tribe in Nigeria Have Survived BIAFRA? by fairheven: 4:59pm On Oct 01, 2014
Damolar45: We are one.Igbo Hausa Yoruba;We are Nigeria.Why do weargue on what's happened already.Why won't we just let sleeping dogs lie?These dumb arguments will only strenghten disunity,and that is the last thing we need as a nation.
My bro.I don't know why some pple find pleasure dwelling on tinz divide us rather on the tinz that unite us.this nation will not divide antime..nigeria is like a polygamous family,we fight,we argue but at the end we still need eachother
Re: Would Any Other Tribe in Nigeria Have Survived BIAFRA? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:37pm On Oct 01, 2014
Chuksphil2go:

dude, u talk too much. Quite too excessive for senseless and baseless claims.

A typical igbo man is an empty pride, he talks too much and beats chest for amplified achievements.

Oya, start posting pics.
Re: Would Any Other Tribe in Nigeria Have Survived BIAFRA? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 01, 2014
Chuksphil2go: If there is no abandoned property in yorubaland why did it took Ojukwu years to reclaim his dads properties in Lagos?
it was the federal government that held his properties and not yorubas. Why didn't he fight to help other ibos get back their properties in ikwere land
? He got his and neglected his followers
Chuksphil2go: If Ojukwu could finance such a lengthy and costly judicial journey to get justice, what happened to those who couldnt afford the cost of litigation.
this question should be directed to the ijaws/ikweres and not the yorubas as long as you don't have a documentation showing we stole your properties like it is available concerning the ijaws.

Chuksphil2go: Abandoned property occured everywhere just that the Ikwerre own was so painful considering they are kiths and kins of theose that lost everything in the war.
provide a written proof that it occured in yoruba land instead of ranting.

Chuksphil2go: Yorubas were gifted the whole corporation under indiginization policy of suicidal Awolowo, today where are the comapnies, all the monenies Igbos deposited in bank were stolen by criminal a suicidal Awolowo today who are running the economy.
you expect awolowo to give in to the claim of every ibo man cos they said they had money in the bank? How many nigerians were rich enou
gh to keep cash in the bank in the past? How many banks were available then? You mean. Peasant farmers also kept money in the bank? You expect him to give such people money? Those that had evidence to prove they had money in the bank got their cash back while those that lost all evidence were only compensated with €20 which was a reasonable amount then. Don't blame Awolowo, blame ojukwu for leading you all to a senseless war.
Chuksphil2go: Nigeria was in trance when Biafra was at war, when Biafrans started emerging again Nigeria started seeing Nollywood, CAF Champion league, Under 17 WC led by Nduka Ugbade, Under 17 WC led by Kanu Nwankwo, Olympics led by Kanu and Chioma Ajunwa, Innoson gave us the first indiginous car assembly plant, Kelechi Ihenacho is still fresh, Emmanuel Ifeajuna won the first Commonwealth medal for Nigeria, Obinna Metu, Uchenna Emedolu, Mary Onyali, Dick Tiger, Hogan Bassey, Ngozi Adichie,
you sound as if only ibos were in nigeria then. Nollywood is our collective effort and not the ibos alone. Google hubert ogunde. The olympics football team was comprised of all tribes, kanu only scored the golden goal in the semi-final so stop acting like he single-handedly won the competition, give credit to those that scored before and after him. Remember segun odegbami, teslim folarin, rashidi yekini, wole soyinka(nobel laurete) etc. Stop acting as if you are better than every other tribe by celebrating achievements they've long forgotten they achieved.

Chuksphil2go: pls tell me whom Yoruba and hausa people produced since the war ended despite sitting in the corridors of power for 50years, list post civilwar Yoruba icon, list post civil war hausa icon, and list post civil war igbo icons all of international repute and tell me those whose names ring more bell?
mentioning names would be a waste of my time with, google up. Ok let me indulge you with funsho alakija, a name that sits on all the heads you might want to mention from your tribe.

Chuksphil2go: If after the civil war Yorubas and hausas are enjoying affirmative action in selection of FG entrance score, where is their sucesses and sophistications?
no sophistication yet your people troop down to their regions on a daily basis.

Chuksphil2go: Dont you know that going by what igbos suffered in civil war they deserve affirmative action but today those that didnt witness any human or natural disasters are being given unfair advantage to catch up with those with handicapp.
what advantage?

Chuksphil2go: Go to all the major and international mks in Lagos and see how Yorubas are messing themselves up while the igbos control the system after coming out from wae.
which markets? Spare part and electronics markets? Yorubas run industries(thanks to awolowo) while you guys are running one room shops.

Chuksphil2go: Its on record that out of the 5 states that control the 90% monetary transactions in Nigeria 2 are core Igbo states of Anambra and Abia while Rivers, Lagos and Kano share the rest.
pls back this up with a reliable source instead of this bogus claims

Chuksphil2go: The states with highest concentration of commercial banks have 2 SE states at the top 5 while Lagos and Abuja control the rest.
where's your source? Another empty chest-beating

Chuksphil2go: The highest concentration of indeginous companies in Nigeria have Aba as the headquaters while Anambra follow in hot pursuit.
another empty chest beating lies with no source to back it up

Chuksphil2go: WAEC, NECO, NYSC, JAMB are releasing their data every year, we all know who the lead the pack and who come distance follow up
just cos you led since the past 2yrs cos of miracle centers, you now think it means since 1960?

Chuksphil2go: pls what the did Yorubas achieve while Igboland was being bomb to shred, what did Yorubas achieved when Igbos are setting up their 2*2 shops in all the corners of the country after the way while they sit ontop of the major corporations.
what major corporations? Please stop buying that news your palm wine drinking uncle selld to you on that mango tree in alaigbo. Dangote and dantata's investments alone swallows all ibo investments in lagos

Chuksphil2go: Out of the 20 commercial banks in Nigeria, Igbos can boast of strong and reliable half of them as the core investors while leaving the rest to others to control after 40 of hate induced killing and genocide coupled with systematic conspiracies to make them economic and political slaves.
pls where is your source? Who is feeding you with lies? That ogogoro drinker again?

Chuksphil2go: Where is the sophistication of the Yorubas is the question begging for answer?

it lies in our political calculations eg APC. Where's. that one-party state APGA today? Bottom licking. Pls crawl out of alaigbo to see the realities on ground instead of viewing from an old crippled and drunkard biafran war loser.

1 Like

Re: Would Any Other Tribe in Nigeria Have Survived BIAFRA? by oboy3(m): 8:57pm On Oct 01, 2014
proud to be an igbo-boy
uwa tu uwa'm ozo,oburu na mu abughi onye igbo kam buru ofia puru na ala igbo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would Any Other Tribe in Nigeria Have Survived BIAFRA? by MeAboki(m): 9:22pm On Oct 01, 2014
mekaboy: The whole Nigeria fought one tribe and killed millions of igbos in the war. But today we can see that the remains of the igbos have grown to become very industrous and a force to contend with.

I am wondering if the whole Nigeria rose to fight the hausa or fulanis or yoruba's, would they have been able to survive and become great from what was left of them.

what is it that made the igbos to rise again after the destruction ?

The answer to your first question is NONE because none would be stewpid enough to engage a war they obviously couldn't win - except you, daft Igbos.

As for your second question: well you have to thank Gowan for his 'no Winner no Vanquished' philosophy and the 3 Rs of Reconciliation, Reconstruction and Rehabilitation; otherwise ordinarily you would have been made to pay the usual expected price for those who have been conquered i.e. perpetual slavery and subjugation - if not for that, today you could easily have been my shoe shiner or boy boy, so be thankful for the magnanimity of those (Hausa, Fulani and Yorubas) you are indirectly trying to malign - remember, they are your masters, so learn to be more respectful.

2 Likes

Re: Would Any Other Tribe in Nigeria Have Survived BIAFRA? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 01, 2014
I will say it and say it again give me a knife a matchete or a cudgel no need for me to waste my bullets on dis Igbos criminals. I will kill igbos nd slaughter dem all..as far as I'm concerned dey re nting bt parasites nd bedbugs....u tink say if nt for d gullibility of d stupid yorubas dat allowed u to fucking populated dere market nd towns u tink say ur fada go get mony to buy u dat Bleep*ing tecno phone. Go to ondo mrket go to akure metropolis go to d so acclaimed ibadan dey call ibadam nd see hw dey die nd kill demselves just to live there. Go to fucking ajangbadi in okoko,alaba,abeokuta,ado ekiti all selling fake products nd unsellable mrkets to d gullible yoruba fools who can't be stingy like dis shylotic igbos. Na Fire go burn u alllll ibos wey dey here dey talk. Use ur mad fore fathers including dat mad insidous azikwe swear say ur papa nd uncle neva run cum Southwest to support u ungrateful cubs. I just pray a war starts nd u will see hw common sand nd 20 naira eggs wuld be used to burn down ur houses nd all of u alive. Ungrateful goats...die a wasteful deaths all ibos....
Re: Would Any Other Tribe in Nigeria Have Survived BIAFRA? by oboy3(m): 7:44am On Oct 02, 2014
lowgeorge: [s]I will say it and say it again give me a knife a matchete or a cudgel no need for me to waste my bullets on dis Igbos criminals. I will kill igbos nd slaughter dem all..as far as I'm concerned dey re nting bt parasites nd bedbugs....u tink say if nt for d gullibility of d stupid yorubas dat allowed u to fucking populated dere market nd towns u tink say ur fada go get mony to buy u dat Bleep*ing tecno phone. Go to ondo mrket go to akure metropolis go to d so acclaimed ibadan dey call ibadam nd see hw dey die nd kill demselves just to live there. Go to fucking ajangbadi in okoko,alaba,abeokuta,ado ekiti all selling fake products nd unsellable mrkets to d gullible yoruba fools who can't be stingy like dis shylotic igbos. Na Fire go burn u alllll ibos wey dey here dey talk. Use ur mad fore fathers including dat mad insidous azikwe swear say ur papa nd uncle neva run cum Southwest to support u ungrateful cubs. I just pray a war starts nd u will see hw common sand nd 20 naira eggs wuld be used to burn down ur houses nd all of u alive. Ungrateful goats...die a wasteful deaths all ibos....[/s]
you sound hurt,and i hope you have a bottle of chilled awolowo otapiapia beside you there so after spewing trash about my tribe you can sip from it and Die
slowpoke

(1) (2) (Reply)

Idriss Deby Of Chad Deploys Troops To Capture Nig’s Baga Wtout Gej's Permission / I Bought Fuel #130 Naira At A Filling Station Today??? / BREAKING: Buhari Sacks SSS Director General, Appoints Replacement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.