Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,684 members, 7,955,544 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:55 AM

Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014) (84625 Views)

ADCs Of Nigerian Heads Of State From 1956 - 2016. / Photos From Independence Anniversary Interdenominational Church Service, Abuja / Portraits Of Nigeria's Presidents From Independence (1960-2013) Till Date. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014) by nuradeen011(m): 12:22pm On Oct 01, 2014
The worst of All of them is Badluck Ebola jonathan aka the boko haram sponsor
Re: Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014) by Deesick7(m): 12:23pm On Oct 01, 2014
Yes Nigeria is not perfect just like every oda country out dere....we av our woes but we have weathered some thunderstorms in recent times n we r better than most third world countries like Yemen,Syria,Ethiopia n almost all d countries in Africa n d Arab world.Atleast we r not war torn.....yet. So lets celebrate wat we have even if its for dis 24hrs n curse on d rest we don't av tomorrow n d days to come.#No nation is perfect.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014) by Ahmeduana(m): 12:28pm On Oct 01, 2014
lalasticlala: Chief Olusegun Obasanjo

29 May 1999-29 May 2007

duration: 8 years
THE FIRST PICTURE IS THE LAST STRAW THAT BROKE THE CAMELS BACK OF NORTHERN OLIGARCHY, because it was at that platform where OBASANJO stand when d@ picture was taken that is where he announced the sacks of all northeren military establisment, since then the political fortune of northern NIGERIA as been declining!

2 Likes

Re: Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014) by Leviphilips(m): 12:42pm On Oct 01, 2014
I jst dy pity 4 my Igbo brothers
Re: Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014) by emmyz09(m): 12:52pm On Oct 01, 2014
GEJ the chief MUMU and chairperson THIEVES association of NIGERIA
Re: Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014) by lymelyte(m): 12:54pm On Oct 01, 2014
Please who is watching channels tv ? Miss ibokun awosika is telling the truth about Nigeria..
Re: Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014) by jezsie: 12:57pm On Oct 01, 2014
umm,,,, sad sad
Re: Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014) by xtervaganza(m): 1:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
Those sons of never do well wh0res who keep calling Obasanjo ugly will see his pictures when he was young and realise he used to be more handsome than their worthless fathers
Re: Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014) by IYANGBALI: 1:33pm On Oct 01, 2014
Which one of them milked us dry?
Re: Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014) by IYANGBALI: 1:35pm On Oct 01, 2014
lymelyte: Please who is watching channels tv ? Miss ibokun awosika is telling the truth about Nigeria..
abeg na wetin she talk?NEPA has tooled our light,dem say na our independence gift be dat.
Re: Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014) by IYANGBALI: 1:36pm On Oct 01, 2014
Ahmeduana:
THE FIRST PICTURE IS THE LAST STRAW THAT BROKE THE CAMELS BACK OF NORTHERN OLIGARCHY, because it was at that platform where OBASANJO stand when d@ picture was taken that is where he announced the sacks of all northeren military establisment, since then the political fortune of northern NIGERIA as been declining!
in other word Obj tried for Nigeria
Re: Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014) by Princecharmin(m): 1:45pm On Oct 01, 2014
50calibre: The most retar*ded president ever!!! Nigeria set a new record with this guy.
he may be retarded, but not up to ur daddy!....ur father should contest 4 2015 presidential election na....genetic mumu angry

1 Like

Re: Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014) by honeric01(m): 1:47pm On Oct 01, 2014
In ascending order:

Muritala Mohammed
Mohammad Buhari
Musa Yaradua

These 3 remain the people i refer to as leaders i am very proud of and would like to live under their leadership once more if possible.

Since 2 out of the 3 can't come to pass again, i rather go with Rtd Mohammed Buhari.

By God's grace, i pray to witness him as my president come 2015.

Amen!
Re: Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014) by Ahmeduana(m): 3:15pm On Oct 01, 2014
IYANGBALI: in other word Obj tried for Nigeria
THAT IS UNDISPUTABLE FACT, but tinubu is about taking us back to that way.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014) by Ilaje44(m): 3:49pm On Oct 01, 2014
HNosegbe: The incursion of the military into government was the most unfortunate event in Nigeria's history. We would have gone much further if we didn't have the misfortune of being ruled by the men in uniform, corruption notwithstanding.

Anyway...

Yeah, the military had no business in politics especially the evil genious Babangida and the Satan incarnate Abacha, but without the miliatry interfering in 1966, Nigeria would have ceased to exist by now. The imposition of Akintola on the West by the NPC and NCNC and the illegal conviction of Awolowo would have led to a total break down of law and order eventually.

The mistake Nzeogwu made was to kill the masterminds of the political lawlessness in Nigeria at the Centre, in the North, West, and Midwest, but let those from the East off the hook. And then Ironsi succumbed to the idea of his folks to make Nigeria a unitary state. We are still suffering from that single mistake till today.
Re: Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014) by kaboninc(m): 3:58pm On Oct 01, 2014
Olutola88: I don't like PDP and their members for anything neither do I support any political party in Nigeria because most of them are Nitwits.

If I may ask you, why are u ranting GEJ till 2019? How has his administration benefited Nigerians? The yorubas will say: “Orisa boo le gbemi, shemi boo she bami”. Meaning, Hey you oracle, if you cannot benefit me, why not leave me the way you met me!.

The only thing I can point out in GEJ's administration is the preposterous and ludicrous increase in fuel price from N65 to N97?

Hey you blind PDP/GEJ follower, how has GEJ benefited you? YES! I know he gave you bag of rice but it's so pathetic that you've been selling your future and the future of your generation for mere rice. I weep for Nigeria.

One day, the poor will have nothing to eat than to consume the rich. That time is almost here. #TheAgonyOfANigeriancitizenLivingInNigeria

Are you the aspiring entrepreneur?
Re: Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014) by Ilaje44(m): 4:20pm On Oct 01, 2014
Deesick7: Yes Nigeria is not perfect just like every oda country out dere....we av our woes but we have weathered some thunderstorms in recent times n we r better than most third world countries like Yemen,Syria,Ethiopia n almost all d countries in Africa n d Arab world.Atleast we r not war torn.....yet. So lets celebrate wat we have even if its for dis 24hrs n curse on d rest we don't av tomorrow n d days to come.#No nation is perfect.

In what way are you better than most of all the countries in Africa, and the Arab World (third world countries)? You better don't disgrace yourself. Even Palestine that is occupied by the State of Israel, and in constant warlike struggles has better hospitals and personnel than Nigeria to just mention one area alone. BTW, they have no oil! Or Yemen where electricity is more constant than Nigeria. You should visit Ethiopia, and see how grand self imposed dellusion is. It's only someone that has never left the shores of Nigeria that would place Nigeria ahead of Syria in terms of development. Syria may not be a democratic country, but they had/have a better standard of living than Nigeria. Their capital Damascus, is the oldest city that has existed continously in the world, and before the crisis, people trouped to Syria to see the ancient fascinations. Do you still want to talk about Iran, Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco? In term of corruption, disorganisation, lawlessness, Nigeria is competing in the league of the States like Haiti, Central Afrique Republique, Congo Kinshasha, Uganda, Mali etc. despite her wealth.

What can you get done in Nigerian institutions without them wanting bribe from you? You enter this jakujaku airport that was arguably facelifted with hundred of billions of Naira and what awaits you? Corruption, decay, stench... You better don't expose yourself.
Re: Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014) by germainediva(f): 4:34pm On Oct 01, 2014
lalasticlala: Dr Goodluck Jonathan

5 May 2010-Incumbent

duration: 4 years,150 days(as of 1st October 2014)
you are a blessing

1 Like

Re: Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014) by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 01, 2014
kristisking: Those northerners inflicted pains on Nigeria and that is what we are suffering today.They threw us into this mess we are currently in.I wish they never existed.
guy,no b housa people go find trouble ooo,abi na them first plan coup?
Re: Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014) by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 01, 2014
aminho: educated fool.how many hausa men ruled Nigeria not everybody from the north is hausa
abokiii park well..not every mallam prom zhe north is hausa,but everybody n topshot prom zhe north is arewa n their govs are known as 19 northern govs..u also got northern elders forum n northern reps n senators..lets not go to da 'parasite'issue..so as long as da only da north opposes true federalism n resource control-policies that were obtainable during da groundnut pyramid era-they remain nigeria's sole,exclusive n only problem
Re: Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014) by shiffynaani(m): 5:30pm On Oct 01, 2014
cybug:

Na the red neck wey cripple our economy be dis angry
don't worry.he shall account how he governed Nigeria to his creator in the grave and hereafter
Re: Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014) by shiffynaani(m): 5:36pm On Oct 01, 2014
DaGC: @OP, I think its disrespectful not to assign military rank to IBB as you did all other military heads of state. You made him look like a civilian or do you have anything against him or his military rank?
mtcheeeew.military rank ko,KULIKULI rank nicheesy
Re: Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014) by 9jatatafo(m): 5:56pm On Oct 01, 2014
Nice archival pictures. That guy walking along with Gen Murtala on suit, his trouser' gator is as sharp as the razor. That aside, those men are the ones that lied to us when we were kids that we are tomorrow's leaders still they are ruling us. I can point my finger at them and say to them that they looted this Nigeria's treasury dry.
Re: Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014) by shiffynaani(m): 6:01pm On Oct 01, 2014
honeric01: In ascending order:

Muritala Mohammed
Mohammad Buhari
Musa Yaradua

These 3 remain the people i refer to as leaders i am very proud of and would like to live under their leadership once more if possible.

Since 2 out of the 3 can't come to pass again, i rather go with Rtd Mohammed Buhari.

By God's grace, i pray to witness him as my president come 2015.

Amen!
...and me too my brother.the man's got some balls not like this present badluck Jonathan

1 Like

Re: Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014) by Infoay: 6:23pm On Oct 01, 2014
Great work op.
God bless our dear Nation.
Up Nigeria!
Re: Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014) by sawmeon(m): 7:29pm On Oct 01, 2014
GEJ the tragedy
Re: Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014) by Atmmachine(m): 7:40pm On Oct 01, 2014
Wulfruna:

My question for u is simple: Why do ur comments always come with a picture that has nothing to do with what u are saying?

Don't i have the right to do whatever i wanna do ?
Re: Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014) by honeric01(m): 8:01pm On Oct 01, 2014
shiffynaani: ...and me too my brother.the man's got some balls not like this present badluck Jonathan

Just make sure you volunteer your time into educating people around you, let them know the kind of Nigeria we'd end up having with this man running the affairs of the state.

If you want good life, you have to work for it.
Re: Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014) by nairalife2013(m): 9:36pm On Oct 01, 2014
aminho: am not Hausa and if you think that will make me angry FYI i don't care about your tribe as long as your are human and you respect me and what i believe in so shut up your mouth and just grow up
my wanabe universal gentleman but u care abt abusing people at d slightest provocation. Funny. Worst still, u don't even know when u are angry or bitter...u think dat will make me angry FYI...and your tone is apparently peaceful not wid angst colourations.
Re: Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014) by zurine(f): 11:00pm On Oct 01, 2014
God Bless GEJ the breath of Fresh air
Re: Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014) by Deesick7(m): 11:14pm On Oct 01, 2014
Ilaje44:

In what way are you better than most of all the countries in Africa, and the Arab World (third world countries)? You better don't disgrace yourself. Even Palestine that is occupied by the State of Israel, and in constant warlike struggles has better hospitals and personnel than Nigeria to just mention one area alone. BTW, they have no oil! Or Yemen where electricity is more constant than Nigeria. You should visit Ethiopia, and see how grand self imposed dellusion is. It's only someone that has never left the shores of Nigeria that would place Nigeria ahead of Syria in terms of development. Syria may not be a democratic country, but they had/have a better standard of living than Nigeria. Their capital Damascus, is the oldest city that has existed continously in the world, and before the crisis, people trouped to Syria to see the ancient fascinations. Do you still want to talk about Iran, Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco? In term of corruption, disorganisation, lawlessness, Nigeria is competing in the league of the States like Haiti, Central Afrique Republique, Congo Kinshasha, Uganda, Mali etc. despite her wealth.

What can you get done in Nigerian institutions without them wanting bribe from you? You enter this jakujaku airport that was arguably facelifted with hundred of billions of Naira and what awaits you? Corruption, decay, stench... You better don't expose yourself.
Truly you have established some points here but I must stress to you that I have not tried to paint Nigeria as a Utopia amongst other third world countries because it is not but neither is it the dystopia you are painting it to be.Yes,there are problems but no nation is free of them.Some ppl av even gone as far as declaring Nigeria a failed state saying that d white man should come back to take control of things as things as were "better" under them but all this is not true.I consider all this aggression n fallacious statements based on unbalanced frustration on the nations current standard.Independence day is worth celebrating because we as a black people r making a statement to our former masters that we are not monkeys n we are intelligible beings like them.It is a day of reflection n appreciation for what we do av in retrospect n what we are potentially supposed to have in introspection and a day to examine how to better ourselves as a ppl.It is not a day to curse d nation n damn it with such statements as u av made above.The government is not perfect but it is not all bad if we examine it from an unbiased point of view.Truly d president does not deserve re-election next year because of his inability to address some pending issues but ge should be lauded atleast for some tinz that he has successfully put in place dis past few years.Change doesn't happen overnight.As the elections are fast approachin,there are qualified candidates who can make positive change to the country but because dey are not under d umbrella of either PDP or APC n dey can't cheat n lie like men in dis parties,whilst dey remain in their small parties n seek for d presidential seat,nobody will vote for dem.If change doesn't occur den is it not d majority's fault?Bottom line:We all av our parts to play.There is room for improvement.If you don't think it can happen,leave the country and rescind your citizenship.I believe in Nigeria.
Re: Photos: Nigerian Heads Of State From Independence Till Date (1960-2014) by ruffplay: 11:30pm On Oct 01, 2014
All our leader, no one get baer bear...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet Late Musa Yar'adua's Daughters, All Married To Former State Governors / 19-Year-Old Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her Husband (Throwback Photos) / The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.