Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,020 members, 7,825,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) (19918 Views)

Achievements Of Goodluck Ebele Johnathan (states By States) May 2011 -may 2015 / US Didn't Sanction Buhari In 2011 (video), Why Should Orubebe Be Sanctioned? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by playmode(m): 11:53pm On May 24, 2011
Is any one watching WITNESS on aljazeera right now? I am close to tears right now cry

See the way Nigerians are suffering,i am so ashamed of NIGERIA  cry

[flash=853,510]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyni7iI579Y?fs=1&hl=en[/flash]
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Kobojunkie: 11:58pm On May 24, 2011
Oh !! I can't wait to hear the news that Aljazeera is now WESTERN MEDIA against Nigeria. That was definitely a sad documentary . . . Africans telling of how nigeria is an unsafe place. lol
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Nobody: 12:03am On May 25, 2011
What time will it be shown on May 25th? , so i can watch it
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by HighChief4(m): 12:12am On May 25, 2011
Please confirm the time it will be shown again so we can watch
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by wesley80(m): 12:20am On May 25, 2011
Oh pls not again. These guys should spare us the bullcrap. Which country on earth is safe? Give me a cam and a mic and pick a country of your choice and i'll come up with a more touchy story. Ok lets pick Spain, not just anywhere in ETA's Spain, lets pick their beautiful holiday resort of Tenerife and i'll do this story; http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/13/woman-beheaded-tenerife-supermarket-spain
Take a pick and i'll show u a story. Now OP, dont dare mention South Africa!
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by jmaine: 12:24am On May 25, 2011
[size=14pt]No be today !!![/size]
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by playmode(m): 12:27am On May 25, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Oh !! I can't wait to hear the news that Aljazeera is now WESTERN MEDIA against Nigeria. That was definitely a sad documentary . . . Africans telling of how nigeria is an unsafe place. lol

I wished i hadn't watched it.It is 1:19 A.M here.I could not sleep,i got from bed to go and get myself a glass of water and decided to switch on my laptop only to stumble upon that documentary.  cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry  You can't imagine the amount of sadness,shame and anger that i feel right now.

I just feel like hurting some of these politicians right now  angry angry angry

Sometimes i wish i was not born a Nigerian  cry cry cry
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by playmode(m): 12:34am On May 25, 2011
wesley80:

Oh pls not again. These guys should spare us the bullcrap. Which country on earth is safe? Give me a cam and a mic and pick a country of your choice and i'll come up with a more touchy story. Ok lets pick Spain, not just anywhere he doumentarin ETA's Spain, lets pick their beautiful holiday resort of Tenerife and i'll do this story; http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/13/woman-beheaded-tenerife-supermarket-spain
Take a pick and i'll show u a story. Now OP, dont dare mention South Africa!

Did you watch the documentary? You should ask me why i am sad before you jump to conclusions.They did not talk about crime,they said they did not feel safe because of police harassment.That is not the reason why i am sad,i am sad because of the daily sufferings of ordinary Nigerians that was shown in the documentary.No one deserves to suffer the way those people are.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by wesley80(m): 12:47am On May 25, 2011
^^ oh come on. Pls tell me why u're really sad.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by ayinba1(f): 3:50am On May 25, 2011
^^^you are baaaaad!
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by aloyemeka1: 4:12am On May 25, 2011
Let them show their own Afghanistan and Yemen na, werrin concern them with Lagos or are they hating because terrorists haven't been able to overtake the city?. I can understand western yabbis on us but middle eastern yabbis na suwegbe.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Kobojunkie: 4:57am On May 25, 2011
playmode:

I wished i hadn't watched it.It is 1:19 A.M here.I could not sleep,i got from bed to go and get myself a glass of water and decided to switch on my laptop only to stumble upon that documentary.  cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry  You can't imagine the amount of sadness,shame and anger that i feel right now.

I just feel like hurting some of these politicians right now  angry angry angry

Sometimes i wish i was not born a Nigerian  cry cry cry

I kept wondering where those dudes were originally from. I mean what they were complaining of, many have already come to accept as daily acceptable, occurrence by the way. If they had not been speaking in a foreign language, I would have been left wondering what part of the country they were originally from. lol
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by playmode(m): 8:23am On May 25, 2011
wesley80:

^^ oh come on. Pls tell me why u're really sad.

Did you read the above  undecided  .You seem to think this is funny matter.I Guess you did not watch the program ,you just picked up a bit of what Kobo said and jump in several conclusions NLers will never change.Watch the documentary then come back here.

Kobojunkie:

I kept wondering where those dudes were originally from. I mean what they were complaining of, many have already come to accept as daily acceptable, occurrence by the way. If they had not been speaking in a foreign language, I would have been left wondering what part of the country they were originally from. lol

I am not even bothered about those beninese guys,they should go back to their country instead of complaining  angry They are exploiting those young kids but they are still complaining.

I was only bothered with that Lady who was selling food in the middle of the high way,the scavengers at the dump site,the guy who bought an Okada as well as the level of filth in those part of Lagos.There are poor people all over the world but i believe that Nigeria's poor suffer more than others apart from Sudan ,Afghanistan, Somalia and a few others.

I wonder how those of us in diaspora who live relative comfortable lives will feel after watching that documentary.It just makes you so sad,you wish you can do something to help those people but what can one really do?

Lagos is too congested ,the other state Governors should start developing their states fast so that people can relocate out of Lagos and have a better chance of making it elsewhere.I am sure many Government officials watched that documentary yesterday especially fashola.It seemed those people were complaining that his Government destroyed their homes.Fahsola is doing a great job in Lagos but its seems most of his efforts only affect the middle class and the rich while most of the poor are still left behind.I know it is not an easy task but i hope he makes noticeable improvement in the nest 4 years.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by enyojo(f): 8:44am On May 25, 2011
[size=14pt]Why can't Nigeria been able to build an international and influential media outfit like Aljazera, CNN, BBC?[/size]
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Johndoe100(m): 8:47am On May 25, 2011
enyojo:

[size=14pt]Why can't Nigeria been able to build an international and influential media outfit like Aljazera, CNN, BBC?[/size]

'Cos it's got vampires like you who are more interested in drinking human blood than making progress. - are you not a CPC supporter?
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by dustydee: 8:55am On May 25, 2011
enyojo:

NTA has gone international nah! grin
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Nobody: 9:04am On May 25, 2011
Jor o! Eko oni baje o.

They better delete that documentary now now.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by johnie: 9:08am On May 25, 2011
Playmode,

Can you educate us on the service delivery issues in SA?
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by enyojo(f): 9:22am On May 25, 2011
dustydee:

NTA has gone international nah! grin

Yes na, but the last time I checked, 80% of their news was about State House, President, etc.
Aljazera and the likes are more investigative, take more risks, and reveal more
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by enyojo(f): 9:27am On May 25, 2011
Johndoe100:

'Cos it's got vampires like you who are more interested in drinking human blood than making progress. - are you not a CPC supporter?

[size=14pt]My voting pattern:

Presidential : Buhari (CPC)
Governor: Fashola (ACN)
House of Asembly : Uzoma : A fine Igbo girl at Alimosho (ANPP)

Reps/Senate: Not interested

If the above makes me a Vampire, then we need more Vampires to erode and corrode corruption in Nigeria[/size]
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by asorocker: 9:41am On May 25, 2011
Even though I don support Aljazeera and its media war but on a second though which country in the world will have its military men wake up one morning and massacre soldiers on the excuse that 1 soldier was killed while smuggling goods.

Which oil and gas power gives its citizens less than 5 hours of electricity in a day.

Aljazeera may be wrong in their approach however their message might have some truth in it.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by ZE: 10:18am On May 25, 2011
That documentary is terrible
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Mariory(m): 10:20am On May 25, 2011
playmode:

I was only bothered with that Lady who was selling food in the middle of the high way,the scavengers at the dump site,the guy who bought an Okada as well as the level of filth in those part of Lagos.There are poor people all over the world but i believe that Nigeria's poor suffer more than others apart from Sudan ,Afghanistan, Somalia and a few others.

I wonder how those of us in diaspora who live relative comfortable lives will feel after watching that documentary.It just makes you so sad,you wish you can do something to help those people but what can one really do?

Lagos is too congested ,the other state Governors should start developing their states fast so that people and relocate out of Lagos and have a better chance of making it elsewhere.[/b]I am sure many Government officials watched that documentary yesterday especially fashola.It seemed those people were complaining that his Government destroyed their home.Fahsola is doing a great job in Lagos but its seems most of his efforts only affect the middle class and the rich while most of the poor are still left behind.I know it is not an easy task but i hope he makes noticeable improvement in the nest 4 years.

You'll be surprised. You need to see how the poor live in other developing/third world countries. For example, India.

[b]Good point.

Was their home built legally? Was this stated in the documentary? How did you come to that conclusion?

By the way what was the title of the programme? Please give us a short summary of the programme and what the lives of the people interviewed was like.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by otokx(m): 10:29am On May 25, 2011
agree with mariory

poster should give us an oral transcript of the summary of the documentary
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Mariory(m): 10:32am On May 25, 2011
enyojo:

As regards Aljazera, Nigerian TV networks dont have the revenues that Aljazera has seeing as they are currently primarily financed by the Emir of Qatar and the Qatar government.

As regards BBC, Nigeria doesn't have a law requiring everybody watching live TV in the country to pay a fee of £100+ to an organisation like NTA.

As regards CNN, Nigeria doesn't have a TV network sponsored by a billionare that's worth upwards of $1 billion.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Mariory(m): 10:44am On May 25, 2011
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Mariory(m): 11:06am On May 25, 2011
As much as I thought. The house that was demolished was built on a railway line.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Godmann(m): 11:16am On May 25, 2011
enyojo:

[size=14pt]My voting pattern:

Presidential : Buhari (CPC)
Governor: Fashola (ACN)
House of Asembly : Uzoma : A fine Igbo girl at Alimosho (ANPP)

Reps/Senate: Not interested

If the above makes me a Vampire, then we need more Vampires to erode and corrode corruption in Nigeria[/size]

Sweet Sister. I love you for this. I share your sentiments.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by playmode(m): 11:28am On May 25, 2011
johnie:

Playmode,

Can you educate us on the service delivery issues in SA?

You see what i hate about my fellow Nigerians ,is that when we are talking about issues that concerns the ordinary man on the street.You will see people coming to derail the thread with  rhetoric bullsh*t.

You want to talk about SA? Really you wanna go there?

Trust me SA will excreta on Nigeria's face any given day. Ask your friends who are here.Many of them are now SA citizens,they have bought homes ,got married here and vowed that they will never return to Nigeria on permanent basis again.Nigerians love to under estimate SA because it is a country on the African continent but let me assure you that SA is nothing like the rest of Africa.You have to come here to see for yourself how Nigerians are living large even better than Nigerians in the western countries because of the the immense opportunities here.

The poor in SA get free homes ,24hr electricity,an opportunity to be somebody through several B.E.E(Black Economic empowerment) programs.It is Affirmative action on steroids.In case you do not know ,Black South Africans are one the most spoilt blacks on the planet.Majority of the uneducated ones are lazy ,they depend of Government grants to survive instead of taking advantage of the short cuts which the Government has made available to Black South Africans.

Most 22 year old educated blacks have a decent Job where they earn a minimum salary equivalent of N200,000 ,drive a 2011 BMW 3 series ,Own a 2 bedroom townhouse and live their lives to the fullest.

Most of the one who suffers are uneducated ,unmotivated and extremely lazy folks to do not want to do anything but commit crime.

Nigeria on the other does not care about its citizens and does not create opportunities for its hardworking populace.

I came to SA and i conquered by exploiting the B.E.E programs to achieve my goals,it is very easy if you are intelligent enough to understand how the system works.

What i am saying is don't compare SA to Nigeria.On their worst day ,they are still light years ahead of Nigeria.There are no tokunbo cloths or tokunbo stuff in SA.The poor folks buy new clothes or locally used vehicles.Level pass level

Service delivery problems is as a result of a slight decline in their maintenance culture due to political appointments being made out to unqualified ANC cadres.That however is a problem which exists in some "some townships".The Zuma led ANC has been a source of embarrassment for South African blacks and the ANC itself.On any good day,the infrastructure of SA is even on par if not superior to that of the United Kingdom as well as the U.S.A. Do your research and prove me wrong.

Every suburb here has at least 3 parks and 1 mall even the townshipS have their own shopping malls.

You people love to jump into conclusions.I am not bothered that Aljazeera showed the whole world that documentary,i am bothered that humans especially Nigerians are still suffering to that extent.It is human compassion,maybe you should look it up in the dictionary because i am tired of explaining when i don't even need to.

Anyone who watches that documentary and instead being sober decides to attack Aljazeera is a joker.Leave aljazeera out of this ,we have problems ,BIG BIG problems.We have to deal instead always sweeping it under the carpet and pointing fingers at other people.Instead to focus on our won issue ,we are busy minding SA's business

Since you have an issue with SA i have complied some videos to educate you a little about the great side of SA.Remember i did not bring SA up on this thread,you brought it up to spite me because you know i live there.It is totally uncalled for and just show that just like the average Nigeria we never like to admit our faults.Instead we like to point out others'.:

South Africa -Tourism
[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMP28f1sBG0?fs=1&hl=en[/flash]

Sun City - Largest Theme Park in Africa
[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpzMEEBh1g?fs=1&hl=en[/flash]

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHA399Pw6xI?fs=1&hl=en[/flash]

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8ifjwx6Btc?fs=1&hl=en[/flash]

Ushaka marine world

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R6in59ntJA?fs=1&hl=en[/flash]

Gateway Theatre Shopping Mall - Africa's largest Shopping mall

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-jh6xNBGCk?fs=1&hl=en[/flash]

Watch an notice at exactly 1:22 where the American said he got a culture bshock when he arrived in SA,that the roads in Johannesburg are better than some of the roads in new york and even cleaner.Also notice the smooth roads throughout the entire drive:

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxeAzJ_19xs?fs=1&hl=en[/flash]

1 Like

Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by playmode(m): 11:33am On May 25, 2011
Mariory:

As much as I thought. The house that was demolished was built on a railway line.

Thanks for uploading the video,i know the structures were illegal but i just feel sad for those people.They have no money and nowhere to go especially that woman.If we had built our country from the 60s with all the resources we had and still have ,such scenes will not be occurring in present day Nigeria.It is just a clear indication that a lot of work still needs to be done by the ruling class to right the wrongs of the past.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by seanet02: 11:46am On May 25, 2011
Aljazeera has never been fair to all parties. We knew how they are manipulating and twisting the middle east crises. I don't watch that gibberish news station again. Try using your sense instead.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by playmode(m): 11:50am On May 25, 2011
Mariory:

As regards Aljazera, Nigerian TV networks dont have the revenues that Aljazera has seeing as they are currently primarily financed by the Emir of Qatar and the Qatar government.

As regards BBC, Nigeria doesn't have a law requiring everybody watching live TV in the country to pay a fee of £100+ to an organisation like NTA.

As regards CNN, Nigeria doesn't have a TV network sponsored by a billionare that's worth upwards of $1 billion.

You are right about that,here we pay for Tv license every year just like we pay for vehicle license.I was shocked the first time i wanted to buy a Tv in store and they told me that they can only sell a TV to me if i also purchase a TV license.The only people here who sell Tvs without requesting for Tv license are the Pakistanis and the Chinese.

I do believe a group of rich seasoned Journalist like Tony momoh and co could join hands together to start a new channel like Aljazeera.

The problem with Nigeria is our "manage mange" mentality and our terrible maintenance culture.

Take nollywood for example,up till now they are still using camcorders to shoot most of their movies instead of using hollywood standard 8mm camera which bring out studio quality pictures.Is it that chico ejiro and co cannot afford these cameras? No ,but they like to make maximum profit while delivering half baked goods.It is the typical Nigerian way of doing business.

It is the reason why nollywood has been declining in recent years ,it is the reason Nigerian Airways collapsed,it the reason why most things don't work in Nigeria.I mean check out our Federal Government's website : http://www.nigeria.gov.ng/

As a web designer myself ,it is an eyesore.I wonder how many millions of naira was awarded for that kindergarten looking website.I can do a better job than that for less than $5000 by just using drupal or CMS flash.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NLC To Senators: Return Exotic Cars Or Face The Wrath Of Nigerians / "PDP Mismanaged Nigeria For 16 Years" - Buhari / Magu & Femi Falana At Anti-Corruption Conference In UK (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.