Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria (38109 Views)

Burning Vehicle Along Lagos-ibadan Express Causes Traffic (photos) / How To Import Cars Into Nigeria / Truck Heads Into Nigeria - Is duty payable on Trucks Importation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by publicenemy(m): 11:09am On Oct 02, 2014
Melinde: you lack sense of development

Its a welcome development no doubt....

1 Like

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Kelly32: 11:10am On Oct 02, 2014
mikeansy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_automobile_manufacturers

sorry sir you are talking based on what you know!

Thank you sir. It amazes me how some people just come out to say things without getting there facts right and funny enough some other people just click like on such statements without fact finding. My question is who is worse amongst them both?

2 Likes

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by kuderrich: 11:12am On Oct 02, 2014
ProfCorruption: Aganga is one of the greatest liars on earth.
You must be fool, did he lied abt hyundai,nissan?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by sexylogan(m): 11:14am On Oct 02, 2014
Horus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kERMR42uUmg

[size=15pt] 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria[/size]

Volkswagen is in talks with the Nigerian government to establish an auto-assembly plant in Nigeria in December. At least 22 vehicle companies are discussing setting up operations in Africa’s largest economy. This comes after Nigeria introduced an automotive policy which increases duties on imported vehicles. Eleni Giokos speaks to the Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Olusegun Aganga.

It's not enough for them to want to build factories in Nigeria.
Let's learn from countries like India. When these car companies wanted to set up in their country, their governments insisted that a percentage of the staff must be indigenous thus creating thousands of jobs.

2 Likes

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Kelly32: 11:15am On Oct 02, 2014

Pls provide reasonable evidence or facts for such an accusation.

3 Likes

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 02, 2014
wtf is this nigger saying? He dint even list like 3 or 4.....hmmph make we dey watch sha

make una build beta roads first.....is it ontop all these bethlehem roads we'll b driving all dese cars??
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by r33d(m): 11:25am On Oct 02, 2014
Good economic policy if allowed to progress till the latter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by rockiedink(m): 11:29am On Oct 02, 2014
MrKnowitall:

There is a reason why i said "credible manufacturer"

You, my dear sir, are still ignorant...

Is it when you are given a list that you will know we have more than 22 (in your words) credible manufacturers?

2 Likes

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by 100Cents: 11:31am On Oct 02, 2014
otokx: Another example of future continuous tense; telling lies in the course of duty will not be excused on the last day.

Lmao.

But you are the liar this time..

1 Like

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by dunnibaby: 11:56am On Oct 02, 2014
aganga is one of the best minister in jonathan administration

2 Likes

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Rijes: 12:01pm On Oct 02, 2014
MrKnowitall: This makes no sense. They're not even up to 22 credible vehicle manufactures in the world.

Maybe the meant toy vehicle manufactures. Of course!!
But if their employ u wont u work. Haters of good progress. Lovers of bad progress

2 Likes

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by auhanson(m): 12:02pm On Oct 02, 2014
Nigeria will survive, more jobs and biz for our youth, if corruption will allow things work out. Mercedes Benz and BMW, i hope you are in that list?
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by qtx(m): 12:06pm On Oct 02, 2014
sad apc supporter grin

2 Likes

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Babaji111(m): 12:07pm On Oct 02, 2014
That's right..in the next hundred years? 2015 is just around the corner. ...children! ..story..story!
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Octaves(m): 12:08pm On Oct 02, 2014
Shey make dem no put Innoson outta biz. Anyway, good development!

1 Like

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Dee60: 12:10pm On Oct 02, 2014
Eldavido1:

Five companies have already set up plants and are into full operation presently.
Nissan lagos: Nissan Patrol Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV), Nissan Almera
(Sunny) saloon car and the Nissan NP 300 pick-up. All produce in nigeria.

Innoson Nnewi: IVM models, hummer bus, trucks and recently cars

Hyundai lagos: hyundai i10, grand and elantra

peougeot kaduna: Peugeot 301, 508 and 308 models

Anamco Anambra: yet to commence full production

Put the facts in order. Peugeot has been assembling cars in Nigeria since the early 80's. Anammco produced many MB buses in Nigeria during IBB era. Innoson has been there before this administration. Noting new.

We should ask why those factories have been struggling. Peugeot divested from PAN a few years ago and not in a hurry to come back. Why?

If we fail to learn from history we are likely as a nation to continue to repeat the same class.

So they hailed Aviation Ministry last year, but today the airports are worse than before.

22 manufacturers? Tell me another story, sir!

We have heard many promises and plans in the last 5 years. No action, no vote!

2 Likes

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by sylve11: 12:22pm On Oct 02, 2014
Dee60:
Put the facts in order. Peeria since the early 80's. Anammco produced many MB buses in Nigeria during IBB era. Innoson has been there before this administration. Noting new.
We should ask why those factories have been struggling. Peugeot divested from PAN a few years ago and not in a hurry to come back. Why?
If we fail to learn from history we are likely as a nation to continue to repeat the same class.
So they hailed Aviation Ministry last year, but today the airports are worse than before.
22 manufacturers? Tell me another story, sir!
We have heard many promises and plans in the last 5 years. No action, no vote!

hmmmm! cool
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by jude33084(m): 12:37pm On Oct 02, 2014
Also in the nes yesterday; Aliens to visit Nigeria with their technology undecided

1 Like

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by gatiano(m): 1:20pm On Oct 02, 2014
Just when innoson rose up to making our own cars, the white gathered up in secret determined to undermine the growth of the nigerian made car. and agaga and group went behind to collect feed back from their masters in citi group against his own father's development. i think it is best that we should begin to do black first then others later.

4 Likes

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by 360command: 1:49pm On Oct 02, 2014
All this companies that are coming to nigeria or are in Nigeria, where can one apply for job. Foreign companies dey come but I no dey see job vacancy.
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Consultville(m): 1:54pm On Oct 02, 2014
Welcome development
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by luvinhubby(m): 1:54pm On Oct 02, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
How possible does this sound, 22 companies coming to Nigeria? I blame the admin for pushing this to the front page with just because the minister said it as being its source.
Very very possible.
-Cheap & intelligent labour
-Massive & growing auto market
-Weak local currency to encourage foreign investors
-Willing & encouraging govt policy.

Why won't they come?
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by luvinhubby(m): 1:56pm On Oct 02, 2014
sexylogan:

It's not enough for them to want to build factories in Nigeria.
Let's learn from countries like India. When these car companies wanted to set up in their country, their governments insisted that a percentage of the staff must be indigenous thus creating thousands of jobs.
Have you heard of the local content bill, it's a law in Nigeria
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 02, 2014
MrKnowitall:

There is a reason why i said "credible manufacturer"
You don't have to answer him. What does he know about cars?
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Skillz02(m): 2:21pm On Oct 02, 2014
Thats a welcome development
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by shoprite: 2:35pm On Oct 02, 2014
mikeansy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_automobile_manufacturers

sorry sir you are talking based on what you know!

He said "credible manufacturers" . . . now look at that your list again from wikipedia and sincerely tell me how many vehicles from the listed manufacturers you find on our roads . . .or on the other hand, which of those vehicles will you be very comfortable to own?
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by olatiler(m): 2:59pm On Oct 02, 2014
PDP and their Lies everyday without shame even our military self has join while CAN president was not left out, even Otuoke shoeless Fisher Man self way site inside AC in Asorock they campaign say na him cure Ebola for Lagos me tired ooooo so how many car brand even dey Naija self plus Another new 22
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 02, 2014
gatiano: Just when innoson rose up to making our own cars, the white gathered up in secret determined to undermine the growth of the nigerian made car. and agaga and group went behind to collect feed back from their masters in citi group against his own father's development. i think it is best that we should begin to do black first then others later.

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 02, 2014
Jonathanians will say and believe anything. We dey here dey look.

1 Like

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 02, 2014
MrKnowitall: This makes no sense. They're not even up to 22 credible vehicle manufactures in the world.

Maybe the meant toy vehicle manufactures. Of course!!

My brother it shall be well with you, was waiting to see the list.

2 Likes

Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by GreatFatherson: 3:20pm On Oct 02, 2014

Your father is the liar.
Re: 22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria by omonla555: 3:34pm On Oct 02, 2014
Manufacturing Cars that will not move on Nigerian Roads.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rare Ferrari 288 GTO Worth $2 Million Stolen By Would-be Buyer During Test Drive / Total Value Of Your Cars Relative To Your Net Worth / 2018 Lexus GS F (price, Photos And Features)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.