Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Is AIG MBU Above the Law in this Country? #ReleaseAmaechiAnakwue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is AIG MBU Above the Law in this Country? #ReleaseAmaechiAnakwue (2972 Views)

Where Is AIG Mbu? / AIG Mbu Orders Arrest Of 50 Police Officers For Dressing Shabbily. / AIG Mbu In Mild Drama At Lekki Toll Plaza (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is AIG MBU Above the Law in this Country? #ReleaseAmaechiAnakwue by DonaldGenes(m): 8:09pm On Oct 02, 2014
Just heard this now on NigeriaInfoPh by Kofi Bartel that Amaechi was arrested,some say invited by MBU and was kept in a room or whatever without no policeman interrogating him for saying MBU is "Controversial"or so, can't remember in exactitude .

Yøu don't just arrest a Well renowned Journo just like that..There is already mobilization for his release in Abuja..
Anyway sha
Meanwhile, I think I've gotten the real gist now...Thanks Guys...

1 Share

Re: Is AIG MBU Above the Law in this Country? #ReleaseAmaechiAnakwue by naptu2: 8:15pm On Oct 02, 2014
Amaechi Anakwe?

1 Like

Re: Is AIG MBU Above the Law in this Country? #ReleaseAmaechiAnakwue by DonaldGenes(m): 8:18pm On Oct 02, 2014
naptu2: Amaechi Anakwe?
Hehe. Which one be that nah
Re: Is AIG MBU Above the Law in this Country? #ReleaseAmaechiAnakwue by asha80(m): 8:21pm On Oct 02, 2014
DonaldGenes:

it is amaechi anaekwe of ait that was summoned not rotimi amaechi
Re: Is AIG MBU Above the Law in this Country? #ReleaseAmaechiAnakwue by naptu2: 8:23pm On Oct 02, 2014
DonaldGenes:

[size=14pt]Developing Story: Joseph Mbu Orders Detention Of AIT Senior Correspondent Amaechi Anakwue.[/size]

Reports reaching The Paradigm reveals the Assistant Inspector General of Police Zone 7 Joseph Mbu has ordered the detention of Amaechi Anakwe, a senior correspondent with the African Independent Television AIT.

The Management of AIT released a press statement few minutes Mbu ordered the detention of the senior correspondent for describing him as ‘controversial’ officer on a TV Programme.

We are following this story and will release more details as we get them.

http://www.theparadigmng.com/?p=23267&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=developing-story-joseph-mbu-orders-detention-of-ait-senior-correspondent-amaechi-anakwue#
Re: Is AIG MBU Above the Law in this Country? #ReleaseAmaechiAnakwue by GetUmad: 8:23pm On Oct 02, 2014
DonaldGenes: Just heard this now on NigeriaInfoPh by Kofi Bartel that Gov Amaechi was arrested,some say invited by MBU and was kept in a room or whatever without no policeman interrogating him for saying MBU is a politician or so, can't remember in exactitude what But let me confirm first..
Amaechi, an AIT reporter/presenter.
Re: Is AIG MBU Above the Law in this Country? #ReleaseAmaechiAnakwue by DonaldGenes(m): 8:28pm On Oct 02, 2014
GetUmad:
Okay I for talk o
I was scared, the way Kofi said Amechi, I was like Wtf
Thanks Gee
Re: Is AIG MBU Above the Law in this Country? #ReleaseAmaechiAnakwue by Torkwase1(f): 10:29pm On Oct 02, 2014
It was on AIT News this evening, a lawyer was brought to the studio during the news to talk about the implications of the Mbu's actions. It was so interesting... Lets just say Mbu is really going to make the word "controversial" popular now !!!
Re: Is AIG MBU Above the Law in this Country? #ReleaseAmaechiAnakwue by DonaldGenes(m): 11:11pm On Oct 02, 2014
Torkwase1: It was on AIT News this evening, a lawyer was brought to the studio during the news to talk about the implications of the Mbu's actions. It was so interesting... Lets just say Mbu is really going to make the word "controversial" popular now !!!

Lmao! Seems like MBu is actually a no-nonsense Man especially when the has the backing of the PDP . I mean, Is he the only Police Officer?

2 Likes

Re: Is AIG MBU Above the Law in this Country? #ReleaseAmaechiAnakwue by lonelydora: 11:51pm On Oct 02, 2014
Mbu is one he'll of a policeman. He should know that what goes around comes around.
Re: Is AIG MBU Above the Law in this Country? #ReleaseAmaechiAnakwue by Day11(m): 12:01am On Oct 03, 2014
lonelydora: Mbu is one he'll of a policeman. He should know that what goes around comes around.

Word shocked
Re: Is AIG MBU Above the Law in this Country? #ReleaseAmaechiAnakwue by mooremedia: 3:27am On Oct 03, 2014
Apparently the word controversial pained him
Re: Is AIG MBU Above the Law in this Country? #ReleaseAmaechiAnakwue by ofala(m): 4:48am On Oct 03, 2014
I think this Mbu guy is beginning to chew much more than he can swallow.
Harassing innocent citizens is not in any way included in the code of conduct of Nigeria Police.

**Lest I forget, somebody should remind him that there has been many zealous police men before him and even many Politician allies but where are they today? What will history say of you? What height does he aim to attain with these garagara?? **

2 Likes

Re: Is AIG MBU Above the Law in this Country? #ReleaseAmaechiAnakwue by 9ijaprince(m): 6:18am On Oct 03, 2014
ofala: I think this Mbu guy is beginning to chew much more than he can swallow.
Harassing innocent citizens is not in any way included in the code of conduct of Nigeria Police.

**Lest I forget, somebody should remind him that there has been many zealous police men before him and even many Politician allies but where are they today? What will history say of you? What height does he aim to attain with these garagara?? **
and AIG Raphael ige comes to my mind
Re: Is AIG MBU Above the Law in this Country? #ReleaseAmaechiAnakwue by nzeobi(m): 7:13am On Oct 03, 2014
Some of the our news men can be careless. What makes mbu a politician if not some people trying to join the bandwagon and appear as saints.
Mbu should sue the amaechi joor.

2 Likes

Re: Is AIG MBU Above the Law in this Country? #ReleaseAmaechiAnakwue by size38: 7:28am On Oct 03, 2014
When Governor Rotimi chibuike Amaechi of Rivers state was complaining about the dirty character of this police officer called Mbu, many of u here were insulting the Governor, calling him different names. But today, we can all see what is happening.

2 Likes

Re: Is AIG MBU Above the Law in this Country? #ReleaseAmaechiAnakwue by mainheart(m): 7:44am On Oct 03, 2014
9ijaprince: and AIG Raphael ige comes to my mind
what happened to him
Re: Is AIG MBU Above the Law in this Country? #ReleaseAmaechiAnakwue by naptu2: 8:03am On Oct 03, 2014
mainheart: what happened to him

He led the policemen that invaded Government House, Awka and kidnapped the Governor, was retired from the force and died a few months later.

1 Like

Re: Is AIG MBU Above the Law in this Country? #ReleaseAmaechiAnakwue by mainheart(m): 8:08am On Oct 03, 2014
naptu2:

He led the policemen that invaded Government House, Awka and kidnapped the Governor, was retired from the force and died a few months later.
thank u. I remember now, the name got me forgotten
Re: Is AIG MBU Above the Law in this Country? #ReleaseAmaechiAnakwue by wisenewgem(m): 9:28am On Oct 03, 2014
Re: Is AIG MBU Above the Law in this Country? #ReleaseAmaechiAnakwue by AdimGreat(f): 9:34am On Oct 03, 2014
This Mbu guy must think we are still in the military era.
I mean wth!! How could he detain a renowned journalist like Amaechi Anakwue just because he said he(Mbu) is controversial??
What offence is that?

I thought it was a joke when i first heard of it.
The IGP had better called this man to order. He is taking too much advantage of that uniform and his disposition with the present administration.

Modified:
Ijeoma is really vexing on Political Platform this morning o.

Me sef dey vex
Re: Is AIG MBU Above the Law in this Country? #ReleaseAmaechiAnakwue by DonaldGenes(m): 10:32am On Oct 03, 2014
GetUmad:
Do you guys have a pix of AnakweAnakwe
AdimGreat: This Mbu guy must think we are still in the military era.
I mean wth!! How could he detain a renowned journalist like Amaechi Anakwue just because he said he(Mbu) is controversial??
What offence is that?
I thought it was a joke when i first heard of it.
The IGP had better called this man to order. He is taking too much advantage of that uniform and his disposition with the present administration.
Modified:
Ijeoma is really vexing on Political Platform this morning o.
Me sef dey vex
Wish I knew the AIT Journo himself, haven't seen him before
Re: Is AIG MBU Above the Law in this Country? #ReleaseAmaechiAnakwue by hardywaltz(m): 10:35am On Oct 03, 2014
Chie..
How I wish Mbu was the CP incharge of Abuja during the Yaradua saga. By now Turia would have been declared President and this clueless fellow we currently have would still be shitting in his pants as Vp.

1 Like

Re: Is AIG MBU Above the Law in this Country? #ReleaseAmaechiAnakwue by kelechiMarie(f): 11:13am On Oct 03, 2014
this guy is something else,such impunity from a MERE police officer.The government refused to do anything about him when he was opposing a sitting governor rather he was transferred to the capital.Like one of the guests on focus Nigeria said this morning,if nothing is done oppression of this nature and misuse of office will continue and it could have adverse effects on the conduct of next year's elections.
For God's sake,we're in a democratic state where free speech should be guaranteed ,imagine the reporter was detained throughout yesterday and then rearrested this morning!is mbu above the law?cause he acts like a demi-god
it seems i'm talking too much let me keep quiet before i'm charged with defamation of character by some CONTROVERSIAL police officers nonsenseonstilts
Re: Is AIG MBU Above the Law in this Country? #ReleaseAmaechiAnakwue by kelechiMarie(f): 11:26am On Oct 03, 2014
nzeobi: Some of the our news men can be careless. What makes mbu a politician if not some people trying to join the bandwagon and appear as saints.
much as I agree that newsmen should refrain from insults I don't see why calling him controversial should piss mbu off so much.Even if he wants to sue the reporter,he should go to court and not detain him for hours.MEthinks that mbu is powerdrunk and should be cautioned. Detaining the reporter was a violation of his human rights!We're in a democratic state sheesh
Re: Is AIG MBU Above the Law in this Country? #ReleaseAmaechiAnakwue by lorRhyMeZ: 12:46pm On Oct 03, 2014
nzeobi post=/post/26822647:
Some of the our news men can be careless. What makes mbu a politician if not some people trying to join the bandwagon and appear as saints.

Exactly! Mbu shud sue the Amaechi

Not hold "the Amaechi" hostage simply becos he feels he can..
Re: Is AIG MBU Above the Law in this Country? #ReleaseAmaechiAnakwue by chubbyman(m): 1:44pm On Oct 03, 2014
I wonder what mbu's advocate and amaechi colleague on political platform programme on ray power"Eihedu aniagwu", will have to say about this shameful act by the controversial PEJ butt licker "mbu" God save Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Is AIG MBU Above the Law in this Country? #ReleaseAmaechiAnakwue by DonaldGenes(m): 2:22pm On Oct 03, 2014
nzeobi: Some of the our news men can be careless. What makes mbu a politician if not some people trying to join the bandwagon and appear as saints.

Are you aware of the plethora of Insults and curses poured on GEJ? Did he call for any arrest of anyone?

Mbu's own is something different

(1) (Reply)

Ojukwu's Letter To Victor Banjo Before The Invasion Of The Midwest / George W. Bush Says He Avoids Criticizing Obama Out Of Respect For Presidency / Address Me As, Muhammadu Buhari, Not General

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.